AILET 2019 – National Law University Delhi will conduct All India Law Entrance Test 2019 on May 05, 2019. AILET 2019 is a national level law entrance exam for admission to NLU Delhi UG and PG law programs namely BA LLB, LLM, PhD. National Law University (NLU) Delhi is a premier law university in India. Get here complete details of AILET 2019 including exam date, registration, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, analysis, answer key, result.
Law aspirants must appear in AILET exam as it is only channel of admission to NLU Delhi. First thing to do is to note its schedule. Therefore important dates of AILET 2019 are given in table below.
|AILET 2019||Important Dates|
|Release Of Notification||First week of Jan 2019|
|Commencement Of AILET Registration 2019||First week of Jan 2019|
|AILET 2019 Registration Last Date||First week of Apr 2019|
|Issuance Of AILET Admit Card 2019||Third week of Apr 2019|
|AILET 2019 Exam Date||05 May 2019|
|Declaration Of AILET Result 2019 (BA LLB)||Last week of May 2019|
|First Admission List||Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration Of AILET Result 2019 (LLM)||First week of Jul 2019|
|Declaration Of AILET Result 2019 (PhD)||Third week of Jul 2019|
Read on to know more about All India Law Entrance Test.
National Law University (NLU) Delhi was ranked at #2 by NIRF in NIRF Law Rankings. Thus enjoying a prominent position in Indian legal education system, this university is a dream institute for law aspirants. Here are some important details regarding NLU Delhi to know before taking admission.
- Address: Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110078
- Affiliated To: UGC, BCI
- Established In: 2008
- Type: Public University
- BA LLB Tuition Fees: Rs 42500 per semester
- BA LLB Total First Year Fee (includes room rent, and some one time fee): Rs 187000 (Rs 184500 in case of SC/ST)
- LLM Tuition Fees: Rs 65000 per semester
Overall number of seats in NLU Delhi are 125. Check its distribution below.
|Course||Number Of Seats|
|BA LLB (Hons) 5 Year Program||80 (70 through AILET and 10 for direct admission to foreign nationals)|
|LLM 1 Year Program||35+5 seats for foreign nationals|
Reservation (for BA LLB, LLM): 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 5% for Persons with Disabilities.
Candidates are requested to note that CLAT 2019 scores are not accepted for NLU Delhi BA LLB / LLM / PhD Admission 2019. Therefore if they wish to take admission in National Law University Delhi, then they must appear in AILET exam only.
AILET 2019 Registration
Interested and eligible candidates must do AILET 2019 Registration in online mode. They must apply as per schedule only.
Application fee – Last year application fee was Rs 3050 for general candidates, and Rs 1050 for SC/ST/PD candidates. BPL (below poverty line) students of SC/ST are exempt from fee payment.
Important instructions to apply online are as follows.
- Official website for registration is ac.in.
- Candidates must have a valid email address and mobile number.
- They should also keep scanned copy of photograph which is in jpg/gif/bmp format, less than 150 kb, ready.
- Application form of AILET 2019 can be accessed from official website nludelhi.ac.in.
- To start filling form, one has to click register to apply now link.
- There they can read course, application form details, eligibility criteria, selection process, reservation guidelines. These details should be read carefully.
- Then, enter relevant details to do AILET 2019 registration.
- Once applicant has filled details and paid fee, then he/she receives confirmation through email. Then they can view and print acknowledgement slip from email or application locker.
- Candidates must keep a copy of AILET 2019 application form safely for future reference.
AILET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can check exam pattern and syllabus of AILET 2019 from below. It is expected to remain same as last year. However if there are any changes they will be updated here.
Negative marking: Candidates may please note that there is negative marking in all papers. For every wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
For BA LLB
Total marks – 150
Duration – 1 hour 30 minutes
|General knowledge (current affairs, general science, history, geography, economics, civics)||35|
|Elementary mathematics (numerical ability)||10|
|Type Of Qs||Marks|
|MCQs||100 questions of 1 mark each|
|Essay||1 question of 50 marks|
|Type Of Qs||Marks|
|MCQs||100 questions of 1 mark each|
AILET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria of All India Law Entrance Test only should apply. Criteria of eligibility are as follows.
For BA LLB
- He/she should have passed class 12 or equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- Those who are going to appear for final exam in March / April 2019 can also apply.
- Candidate should have LLB or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PD).
- Those who are appearing for final exam in April/May 2019 can also apply.
- Applicant should have completed LLM with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PD).
AILET 2019 Exam Centres
NLU Delhi is looked forward to conduct AILET exam 2019 in multiple cities. Exact list of cities will be announced through exam notification which will come in the month of January. In the meantime candidates can check cities where exam was held last year to get an idea.
Last year exam cities were Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, and Varanasi.
Candidates who apply for All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2019 will have to appear for exam in assigned exam centres. NLU Delhi informs assigned exam centre through admit card.
AILET 2019 Admit Card
Those who apply for All India Law Entrance Test through NLU Delhi website, and also pay fee on time, will get admit card. AILET 2019 Admit Card will be available probably 2 weeks before exam. However candidates need not worry about date of issuance of admit card as it will be clearly mentioned in exam calendar. Nevertheless it will be responsibility of candidate to visit official website or link above to login and download AILET Admit Card 2019 as per schedule. No candidate gets entry to exam hall without it.
How To Download AILET 2019 Admit Card?
Simple steps to download admit card, when it is available, are as follows.
- Go to NLU Delhi AILET 2019 website.
- Sign in using name, date of birth, or application number and date of birth.
- Navigate to admit card in candidate dashboard.
- Download and print admit card, also known as hall ticket.
A sample admit card is shown below for your reference.
AILET 2019 Question Paper
Once exam is over, NLU Delhi will upload AILET 2019 Question Paper at nludelhi.ac.in. Candidates who have appeared in exam, or future AILET 2020 aspirants can download it for free. Uploaded question papers are in PDF format and candidates can download and view it in any device including computer, laptop, mobile. In the meantime, candidates can check last year’s question papers.
AILET Question Paper Archives
Instructions in question paper
- Candidates cannot seek clarification for any question in question paper during exam.
- It is necessary to mark answers with black or blue ball point pen only in OMR sheet.
- Correct method of marking answers in OMR sheet is to darken complete circle.
- If more than one answers are marked in OMR sheet, for any question, then that is considered as wrong answer.
- Candidates should not write anything else in OMR answer sheet.
AILET 2019 Answer Key
AILET 2019 Answer Key will be published at nludelhi.ac.in after exam. Usually provisional answer key is released 1 or 2 days after exam. Thereafter candidates can submit objections regarding answer key 2 or days. Exact dates for it will be available after exam. Then, NLU Delhi will consider objections and release revised answer key. Marks will be calculated on basis of revised answer key of AILET 2019 exam only. Candidates can download all answer keys for AILET 2019 BA LLB, LLM, PhD exams here after exam.
AILET 2019 Result
Declaration of AILET 2019 Result will most awaited event after exam. Through result of AILET 2019 BA LLB / LLM / PhD exams, candidates will know their marks and ranks. Admission to NLU Delhi shall purely be on basis of merit obtained in exam subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria. Therefore AILET result is very important for all test takers.
AILET Result 2019 Marks Wise
NLU Delhi will publish one PDF file that will be AILET Result Marks Wise. As its name suggests, it will have details of all candidates in descending order or marks. It contains roll number, name, father/mother/guardian name, date of birth, gender, category, marks. For example, a snapshot of last years AILET Result is given below.
AILET 2019 Merit List
NLU Delhi also release merit list of selected candidates. First list of provisionally selected candidates for admission to NLU Delhi programs for academic year 2019-20 shall be based on performance in AILET 2019 held in May. It will be a complete list containing roll number, name, father/mother/guardian name, date of birth, gender, category, marks of selected students only. Those who are selected will also get individual letters through email and speed post. Selected candidates must remit fee by due date to confirm admission.
NLU Delhi Fee Structure
For BA LLB
Fee structure for BA LLB in NLU Delhi is as follows.
Fee structure for LLM in NLU Delhi is as follows.
Fee structure for PhD in NLU Delhi is as follows.
AILET 2019 Cut Off
Candidates will know AILET 2019 Cut Off after first merit list is out. Before that, there are a lot of queries on what will be expected cut off. To answer that, candidates can check last year cut off, that is minimum marks obtained by last selected candidate, below.
For BA LLB
- General: 71.25
- SC: 49.5
- ST: 48.25
- PWD: 42.75
- Kashmiri Migrants: 40.25
- Residents of JnK: 58
Official website of NLU Delhi is nludelhi.ac.in.