Assam CEE 2019 – For admissions to various BE/ B.Tech courses across the State of Assam, the Assam Science & Technology University conducts a state level combined entrance examination, every year. This exam is known as Assam CEE. Probably, it is conducted in the month of April across various exam centers, located in Assam. This is an offline exam conducted for a duration of 3 hours to shortlist suitable candidates who would pursue a 4-year engineering course in the State. As per the dates released, a candidate will be required to get themselves registered in online mode. Only after which, an applicant will be able to retrieve their admit cards for the exam. As per the scores secured, a candidate will become eligible for admission to a particular programme, thereby meeting the minimum cut off marks of a member college. To know more details on Assam CEE 2019, a candidate can keep reading this article!
Assam CEE 2019
Last year, around 25,000 candidates took this state level examination to pursue various engineering disciplines from Assam. Formerly, Dibrugarh University used to conduct Assam CEE. Assam CEE is said to be one of the most competitive test. Without further ado, let’s check the important dates related to Assam CEE 2019, from the table given below.
|Assam CEE 2019
|Application Process Commences||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Application Process Closes||4th week of Mar 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||1st week of Apr 2019|
|Exam Date||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Answer Key Release Date||1st week of May 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||2nd week of May 2019|
Assam CEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Prior to applying for Assam CEE 2019, a candidate must go through these eligibility norms and make sure they fulfill these criteria, as mentioned below.
- Not be more than 21 years of age and should not be less than 17 years as on 1 August 2019.
- Exception – Relaxation will be provided to B.Sc passed candidates to 22 years, whereas up to 3 years of upper age limit relaxation will be provided to SC & ST candidates.
- Resident of Assam
- Indian Citizen
- Passed 10+2 level of exam from a rocognised Board in same sitting*.
- Secured atleast 55% marks in average.
- SC candidates – Atleast 45% marks in average
- ST candidates – Atleast 40% marks in average.
* Same sitting means a candidate must have opted and appeared for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English together in his or her qualifying level of exam.
Other Eligibility Criteria
- Appear and Qualify for Assam CEE 2019
- A candidate should possess good moral character, along with being physically and mentally fit.
Assam CEE 2019 Application Form
Assam CEE 2019 Application Forms will be available on the official website of ASTU i.e www.astu.ac.in. ASTU has designed some eligibility criteria for Assam CEE 2019. Only eligible candidates are requested to apply for Assam CEE. Assam Science and Technology University will be opening an Assam CEE 2019 application portal, where a candidate will be asked to get themselves registered. Further, login and complete the Assam CEE 2019 application online. Check all the details, prior to its submission and then pay off the Assam CEE 2019 application fee.
The photograph that needs to be uploaded should be of maximum 35 kb and minimum 20 kb, whereas the signature should be of maximum 30 kb and minimum 15 kb. Moreover, both photograpgh and signature should be of “.jpg” or “.jpeg” format.
Assam CEE 2019 Application Form Fee
Expected Assam CEE 2019 application form fee Rs.600. Ands the available payment gateways are Debit Card/ Net banking/ Credit Card. Your Assam CEE 2019 application will not be considered complete till the time the paymnet has been made. Assam CEE 2019 application fee has not yet been released. We will update this page accordingly after it release. Note that, transaction ID after making the online payment of Assam CEE 2019 application fee. ASTU is expected not to open any Assam CEE 2019 correction window. So, the details filled in Assam CEE 2019 applications must be correct and true.
Assam CEE 2019 Admit Card
Specifically, all those candidates will be getting Assam CEE 2019 admit cards who will be submitting their Assam CEE 2019 applications on time. Usually, the Assam CEE 2019 admit cards are released in the month of April, every year. A candidate will require application number and date of birth to retrieve their Assam CEE 2019 admit card. Directorate of Technical Education, Assam will be releasing the Assam CEE 2019 admit cards. The authorities advises all its applicants to go through all the details printed on Assam CEE 2019 Admit Cards, before downloading it. In case of any error, a candidate needs to get it rectified from the issuing authority at the earliest possible.
Assam CEE 2010 Exam Centers
Assam CEE 2019 is conducted across different districts in the State of Assam, every year. Last year, candidates had the option of appearing for this State level exam from these 9 exam centers. The authorities haven’t yet released the Assam CEE 2019 exam centers for this year. In case of any addition or reduction in the available options, we will be updating this page accordingly after its official release.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Pattern
It becomes crucial for an applicant to familiarize with the Assam CEE 2019 exam pattern. Candidates can get to know the Assam CEE 2019 Exam Pattern, from below.
|Mode of Examination||Offline ( OMR Response Sheet)|
|Medium Of Examination||English or Assamese|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ)|
|Maximum Marks||480 marks|
|Total Number of Questions||120( 40 questions from 3 sections each)|
|Sections Covered||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Level of Exam||Class 11 and 12 NCERT syllabus accepted by Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council|
Assam CEE 2019 Syllabus
From below, a candidate can find the prescribed Assam CEE 2019 Syllabus. To enumerate, these were the Assam CEE 2019 important topics.
- Units and Measurement
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two or Three Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Transference of Heat
- Current Electricity
- Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents
- Magnetic Effects of Currents
- Magneto statics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electron and Photons
- Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Solids and Semiconductors Devices
- Some Basic Concepts
- States of Matters
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical energetic and Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions and Electro Chemistry
- Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- Chemistry of Non-Metals – I
- Chemistry of Non-Metals – II
- Heavy Metals
- Chemistry of Representative Elements
- Alkali Metals
- Alkaline Earth Metals
- Boron Family
- Carbon Family
- Nitrogen Family
- Oxygen Family
- Halogen Family
- Noble Gases and Hydrogen
- Transition Metal including Lanthanides
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles
- Classification of Organic Compounds
- Organic Compounds containing Halogens
- Synthetic and Natural Polymers
- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen
- Chemistry in Action
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Bio Molecules and Biological Processes
- Environmental Chemistry
- Arithmetico-Geometric Series
- Complex Number
- Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems
- Heights and Distances
- Applications for approximation
- Arithmetic Geometric and Harmonic Progression
- Binomial theorems and its Applications
- Integration using trigonometric identities
- Calculation of mean median and mode of grouped and ungrouped data
- Family of Circles
- Conic Section
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Binomial and Poisson distribution
- Integral as limit of a sum
- Law of motion projectile
- Fundamental Integrals
- Motion under Gravity
- Relation between roots and coefficient numbers
- Integral Calculus
- Matrices and determinants
- Quadratic equation
Assam CEE 2019 Preparation Tips
We at Aglasem, do understand the effort and hard work that goes into clearing a State level engineering entrance examination. So, candidates can check these Assam CEE 2019 preparation tips from below.
- Start by setting and following some realistic goals.
- Most importantly, prepare a timetable. Devote an equal amount of time to physics, chemistry, and biology.
- With this purpose divide your day accordingly. So that you are able to prepare all the important topics within this period. Consequently, also have some time left in your hand for revision, as well.
- Similarly, pay section wise emphasis needs to be paid to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Learn the formulas, whereas understand the concept. Track your time while practising the questions.
- With this purpose in mind, practise more of previous years question papers, mock tests, and sample papers.
- Try to trigger your weakneses and strengths and work accordingly on them.
- Furthermore, clear your doubts before too late.
- Above all, figure out whether you a night owl or an early bird, and then start preparing accordingly.
Assam CEE 2019 Book List
First of all, candidates must prepare from NCERT books. Certainly, then they can prepare from other authentic sources.
|Name of Book||Buying Link|
|Concepts of Physics||Buy Here|
|Objective Chemistry by Pradeep||Buy Here|
|R. D. Sharma Objective Mathematics||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics||Buy Here|
Assam CEE 2019 Answer Key
Once the authorities are done conducting the Assam CEE 2019, it will be releasing the answer keys over the official website i.e www.astu.ac.in. With the help of this answer key and the marking scheme(as provided above), a candidate will be able to estimate their chances of qualifying of the exam, prior to the result declaration date. The answer keys will be made available over the application portal. So, a candidate will be required to login in order to have a look at the answer key, containing all the correct answers.
Assam CEE 2019 Result
Finally, after releasing the Assam CEE 2019 answer keys, Assam CEE 2019 Results will be declared. DTE Assam announces the Assam CEE 2019 Result. Generally, Assam CEE Result will be released in the month of May. It will release the entrance result over its official website i.e www.astu.ac.in. Applicants need to enter Assam CEE 2019 application number or username and password to check their result. Assam CEE 2019 Result will have individual score, along with the total scores secured. Pay off the admission fee and report to Assam CEE 2019 member colleges to complete the admission formalities.
Assam CEE 2019 Counseling
Finally, on the basis of Assam CEE 2019 Result, a candidate will be called for Assam CEE 2019 Counseling. Assam CEE 2019 Counseling will be held in the month of May. Assam Science & Technology University conducts this admission round. Selected candidates will be required to report to an allotted center, along with a list of Assam CEE 2019 important documents. Although, candidates had filled these details at the time of applying but such details will be cross checked. If any vacancies left after allotting the seat in Assam CEE 2019 counseling round, further counseling round will be called by ASTU.
Assam CEE 2019 Member Colleges
After clearing Assam CEE 2019, a candidate will be allotted a UG level engineering disciplines in any of the following member colleges. Each of these colleges will have separate cut off marks for candidates belonging to different categories. All those who match to any of these college cutoffs may report to the college within the stipulated period and freeze the seat under their name.
|College Name||Seats Available|
|Assam Engineering College, Guwahati||420|
|Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj||120|
|Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat||315|
|Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat.||240|
|Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam.||—|
About Assam CEE 2019
Assam Common Entrance Examination(CEE) is conducted every year in the month of the April. It is conducted for admissions to BE/B.Tech courses in the State of Assam. Under Assam CEE 2019, a candidate will be allotted an engineering seat in any of its 9 member colleges. In order to apply and appear for this exam, a candidate must have opted science stream in his or her Class 12 or equivalent level. The level of exam is said to be that of NCERT Class 12 Board, which is also approved by the Assam School Board.
Official Website: www.astu.ac.in