The CLAT 2018 Result will be declared on the official website only. The result will be available in the form of the Merit List, category wise and scorecard will be also available. The CLAT 2018 Exam which will be conducted on May 13, 2018, in online mode only will allow the qualifying candidates to take admission in the leading law universities of the nation. The CLAT 2018 Result and the scores will be used by various institutes for admission in LLB and LLM programmes.
Thus the candidates must check their result on the official website on May 31, 2018. The CLAT 2018 Merit List will be published category wise for the UG and PG courses. Know more about the declaration of CLAT Result 2018 from the article below.
CLAT 2018 Result, Score, Merit List
Know your chances of admission via CLAT 2018 here. We will discuss below how the results are prepared based on the cutoffs and how one can check their CLAT 2018 Result from the official website once they are uploaded.
|CLAT 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|CLAT 2018 Exam date||13 May 2018|
|Declaration of the result||31 May 2018|
Check Result: The CLAT 2018 Result will be uploaded on www.clat.ac.in.
Hoe to check your CLAT 2018 Result
The test-takers can access the website of CLAT to know their result, or you can click on the direct link that will be provided here as per schedule.
Follow these steps to check the CLAT 2018 Result:
Step 1: Visit the official portal www.clat.ac.in.
Step 2: Navigate to the Result Link, on the main page. Look for “CLAT 2018 Result” link under the latest notifications released by the organising CLAT 2018 university.
Step 3: Login by typing down the Registered email id and password to get the result.
How CLAT 2108 Scores will be evaluated
The CLAT 2108 Scores for both UG and PG exam will be evaluated using the official marking scheme which is +1 for right answers and -0.25 for each wrong answer. As per this scheme, the total score for each candidate will be calculated and the merit list will be uploaded indicating the marks of all the candidates.
The selection process will be based on the cutoff marks. Candidates who will secure more than or equal to the cut off marks will be placed on the merit list or on the CLAT 2018 Result.
If there is any tie the following tie-breaking process will be used:
For UG Programmes:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2018 exam
- Higher age
- The computerised draw of lots.
For PG Programmes:
- Higher age
- The computerized draw of lots
CLAT 2018 Scorecard
The CLAT 2108 Scorecard will contain the individual results of the qualifying examinees. The scorecard can be accessed by logging into the registered accounts on the official website. The CLAT 2108 Scorecard will contain the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- CLAT Score
- All India Rank
- Category Rank
CLAT 2018 Counselling
Counselling rounds will be conducted via an online centralised counselling process. The candidates will have to exercise their choices and lock them before the last date by paying the counselling fees of Rs. 50,000/-. Read the important points to understand the CLAT 2018 counselling process:
- The Counselling Notification will invite the qualified candidates who featured in the merit-list.
- There shall be subsequent rounds of the counselling session for the allotment of seats to one of the National Law Universities.
- Centralised counselling will take place based on the CLAT 2018 Result after which the candidates will be notified about the number of vacant seats.
- The Seat allotment for the admission to one of the NLUs will be done on the basis of All India Rank. Those who secure higher rank will be preferred.
- Once you have been allotted seat, you will have to report to the particular university to deposit the admission fee.
- In case, an aspirant who secured a higher rank do not attend the counselling round will have to give away his seat to the aspirant with the very next AIR.
Institutions accepting CLAT 2018 Score
Below are the institutes that will be accepting the CLAT 2018 score and will intake admission as per the basis of the CLAT 2018 Exam scores.
- Alliance University
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Dr K.N. Modi Unversity, Rajasthan
- Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, Rajkot
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
- ICFAI University, Tripura
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
- Reva University, Bangalore
- RNB Global University, Bikaner
- Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun
- SRM University, Haryana
- Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
CLAT Cutoff Trend at NLSIU, Bangalore
In 2017, the CLAT Cutoff (closing rank) for National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore was 59 for the General category candidates and 1779 for the reserved category test takers.
The CLAT cutoff 2016 (closing rank) for NLSIU, Bangalore was 58 for the General category candidates.
The CLAT cutoff 2015 (closing rank) for NLSIU, Bangalore was 54 for the General category test takers.
Since we can see that the required cutoff ranks for NLSIU, Bangalore is increasing. Therefore, LLB aspirants preparing for CLAT 2018 can expect the CLAT cutoff 2018 to be between 59 – 61.