Diplomate of National Board had conducted the Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (PDCET). The seat allotment for final round has been released. NBE at present conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in approved specialties leading to the award of Diplomate of National Board. The Medical Council of India has laid down standards for postgraduate examinations conducted by various medical colleges and affiliated to concerned universities and other institutions, yet the levels of proficiency and standards of evaluation vary considerably in these institutions.
DNB PDCET 2018
DNB-PDCET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post-diploma DNB 2 years postgraduate courses. The entrance examination will be conducted as computer-based exam only. Appearance in the Post Diploma CET is an essential pre-requisite for entry to the DNB Broad Specialties 2018 admission session.
Schedule for DNB PDCET 2018 is given below
|Availability of Application Form||11 May 2018|
|Availability of Application Form||11 May 2018|
|Last date for Online registration||31 May 2018|
|Examination date||29 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jul 2018|
|Cut off date for completing Post Diploma Qualification||15 Jul 2018|
The counseling was to be done purely on the basis of DNB PDCET 2018 Specialty Specific Merit Position. The specialty-specific merit has been determined by marks obtained by the candidates in DNB PDCET – 2018 amongst their specialty. In the event of two or more candidates obtaining same marks, the Tiebreaker criteria are mentioned at Information Bulletin for DNB PDCET for Admission to Post Graduate DNB (Secondary) Courses 2018 Admission session shall be adopted. After the counselling process allotment result has been updated here.
Counselling: Click here to check the allotment result for DNB [Post Diploma] for Final round
Notice Regarding DNB PDCET 2018 (Emergency Medicine)
It is hereby informed that the Competent Authority has decided to discontinue the DNB Post Diploma (Emergency Medicine) course from January 2018 onwards. Accordingly, there will not have any counseling for DNB Post Diploma (Emergency Medicine) January 2018 admission session.
Notice: Click Here to check the notice regarding DNB PDCET 2018 (Emergency Medicine).
- Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed/Passing the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or st can apply for the Post diploma CET in the same Broad specialty. Candidate should have completed his/her 2 years st (24 months) of post-graduation diploma training.
- Submission of proof of having passed/Passing the Postgraduate diploma final examination is an essential prerequisite. In case the candidate does not submit requisite proof of passing his/her postgraduate diploma final examination at the time of centralized merit-based counseling, his/her candidature shall not be considered for PDCET admission session.
- A candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the PDCET, the result/candidature of such candidate shall be canceled.
- Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates, who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification shall be summarily rejected. A candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma exit examination or and st getting their results or likely to qualify need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to appear in the PDCET.
- Candidates already pursuing an MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB-PDCET till such time they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB (Post Diploma) course are not eligible to appear in DNB-PDCE 2018 admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-PDCET does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
Admit card will be released for the candidates to download after the successful completion of the application form. The candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card. The candidate is required to bring the admit card to the Test center along with an identification document.
The exam comprises 300 multiple choices, single correct response questions of 1 mark each in English language only as per the following indicative scheme:
|Human Biology (Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry)||50|
|Applied Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology||50|
|Medicine and Allied Sciences||50|
|Surgery and Allied Sciences||50|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||50|
|Community Medicine including Basic Statistic and Research Methodology||50|
- The standard of the examinations shall be at the level of Final MBBS (Exit Examination).
- The above scheme is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Candidates successful in DNB-PDCET shall participate in Centralized merit-based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges in order of their specialty-specific merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
- The provisional list of seats available at NBE accredited institutes where a candidate can pursue Post Diploma courses.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
- Negative Marking – There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
The result of the Post Diploma CET – 2018 Admission Session is likely st to be declared by July 31, 2018. All candidates appearing in Post Diploma CET examination will be ranked in order of the marks secured by them amongst other candidates of same Broad specialty. A separate merit will be prepared for each Broad specialty in which Post Diploma CET examination is conducted. For e.g. the merit list for DNB Obstetrics & Gynaecology secondary seats will have only Post DGO candidates as contenders.
- PDCET is a ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses.
- The applicant may kindly note that appearance in PDCET does not confer any automatic rights to secure a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Online Registration & Scheduling for the examination must be completed on or before scheduled date.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, the pattern of examination etc before contacting NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website http://www.natboard.edu.in
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and the exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNB-PDCET even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on NBE website.
- Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.
Final Round Indicative DNB PDCET Seat Matrix as on October 26, 2018.
Official Website: www.natboard.edu.in
For more details candidates can refer to DNB PDCET July 2018 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.