Diplomate of National Board conducts the Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (PDCET). NBE at present conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in approved specialties leading to the award of Diplomate of National Board. The Medical Council of India has laid down standards for postgraduate examinations conducted by various medical colleges and affiliated to concerned universities and other institutions, yet the levels of proficiency and standards of evaluation vary considerably in these institutions.
DNB-PDCET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post-diploma DNB 2 years postgraduate courses. The entrance examination are conducted as computer-based exam. Appearance in the Post Diploma CET is an essential pre-requisite for entry to the DNB Broad Specialties.
Schedule for DNB PDCET is given below
|DNB PDCET Jan 2019||14 Dec 2018|
|DNB PDCET Jun 2019||Jun 2019|
Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed/Passing the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or st can apply for the Post diploma CET in the same Broad specialty. Candidate should have completed his/her 2 years st (24 months) of post-graduation diploma training.
- Submission of proof of having passed/Passing the Postgraduate diploma final examination is an essential prerequisite. In case the candidate does not submit requisite proof of passing his/her postgraduate diploma final examination at the time of centralized merit based counseling, his/her candidature shall not be considered for PDCET admission session.
- Candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the PDCET, the result/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates, who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification shall be summarily rejected. Candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma exit examination or and st getting their results or likely to qualify need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to appear in the PDCET.
- Candidates already pursuing a MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB-PDCET till such time they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB (Post Diploma) course are not eligible to appear in DNB-PDCET admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-PDCET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
The exam comprises 300 multiple choices, single correct response questions of 1 mark each in English language only as per the following indicative scheme:
|Human Biology (Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry)||50|
|Applied Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology||50|
|Medicine and Allied Sciences||50|
|Surgery and Allied Sciences||50|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||50|
|Community Medicine including Basic Statistic and Research Methodology||50|
- The standard of the examinations shall be at the level of Final MBBS (Exit Examination).
- The above scheme is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Candidates successful in DNB-PDCET shall participate in Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges in order of their specialty specific merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
- The provisional list of seats available at NBE accredited institutes where a candidate can pursue Post Diploma courses.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
- Negative Marking – There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- PDCET is a ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses.
- Applicant may kindly note that appearance in PDCET does not confer any automatic rights to secure a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Online Registration & Scheduling for the examination must be completed on or before schedule date.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination etc before contacting NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNB-PDCET even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on NBE website.
- Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.