DNB PDCET – National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts the Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (PDCET). It is a national level computer-based test which is conducted in online mode. It is a ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses. DNB PDCET offers various specialities to the candidates. For more information regarding DNB PDCET eligibility, exam pattern, books candidates can refer to this page below.
The validity of the merit position/score of the candidates in DNB PDCET is for the same admission session and hence it is not applicable to be carried forward for future sessions.
DNB PDCET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed/Passing the final examinations for Postgraduate diploma on or st can apply for the Post Diploma CET in the same Broad specialty. Candidate should have completed his/her 2 years st (24 months) of post-graduation diploma training.
- Submission of proof of having passed/Passing the Postgraduate diploma final examination is an essential prerequisite. In case the candidate does not submit requisite proof of passing his/her postgraduate diploma final examination at the time of centralized merit-based counseling, his/her candidature shall not be considered for PDCET admission session.
- Candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the PDCET, the result/candidature of such candidate shall be canceled.
- Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates, who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification shall be summarily rejected. A candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma exit examination or and st getting their results or likely to qualify need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to appear in the PDCET.
- Candidates already pursuing an MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB-PDCET till such time they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB (Post Diploma) course are not eligible to appear in the DNB-PDCET admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Registration and /or appearance in DNB-PDCET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital/institute.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
DNB PDCET Important Books
Candidates can check the list of the important books for DNB PDCET below.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|A Complete Guide For Preparation Of DNB-CET Pattern Vol 1 2018||Arvind Arora||Buy Here|
|Complete guide for DNB PDCET pattern||Pulse Publication||Buy Here|
List of specialties offered through DNB PDCET
Candidates can check the list of specialties offered through DNB PDCET below.
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedics & Radiodiagnosis
- Community Medicine
DNB PDCET Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for DNB PDCET below.
- Language: The language of the paper is English
- Exam Mode: PDCET takes place in Online mode
- Section: There is a total of 8 Sections in PDCET
- No. of questions: There are a total of 200 questions in PDCET
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer candidates receives 4 marks and for each incorrect answer 1 mark of the candidates is deducted.
- Type of questions: All the questions of PDCET is in MCQ format
Candidates can check the section-wise distribution of questions and marks in the table given below.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry||25||100|
|Pathology, Microbiology, and Pharmacology||25||100|
|General Medicine, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiotherapy||35||140|
|General Surgery, Anesthesia, Orthopedics and Radiodiagnosis||35||140|
|ENT and Ophthalmology||20||80|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25||100|
DNB PDCET General Instructions
- PDCET is a ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses.
- Applicant may kindly note that appearance in PDCET does not confer any automatic rights to secure a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
- Online Registration & Scheduling for the examination must be completed on or before schedule date.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination, etc before contacting NBE for any queries. Queries about eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in
- Incomplete applications or applications, not by instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fees will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNB-PDCET even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on NBE website.
- Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India), Government of India. It was established in the year 1975 at New Delhi. It ) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India), Government of India. NBE conducts the largest portfolio of examinations in the medicine field of the nation and perhaps at a Global level.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.