Gujarat University will release the notification for eligible candidates for admission into Post Graduate Dental Courses 2018 of Gujarat University for the academic year 2018-2019. Admission will be done on the basis of NEET MDS 2018. Candidate must ensure the eligibility criteria before applying for the admission. Candidates can check all the details of Gujarat University PG Dental Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Gujarat University PG Dental (MDS) Admission 2018
Gujarat University PG Dental (MDS) Admission 2018 will be based on scores of NEET MDS 2018. Candidates seeking admission in PG Dental Courses have to fill the Application Form which will be available online. Candidates will have to apply online on www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in. Candidates are requested to read all the conditions who are applying for this course.
Schedule for the Gujarat University PG Dental Admission 2018 is given below.
|Application forms available online||to be announced|
|Online Payment Gateway available||to be announced|
|Last date for submission of Application online||to be announced|
|Date for submission of NEET MDS 2018 Marksheet||to be announced|
|Declaration of Merit List||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria & Rule for Admission
- He/she must be an Indian Citizen. He / She must be medically fit.
- The Candidate must have completed the recognized B.D.S or equivalent course form University within Gujarat State and completed a compulsory rotating internship on or before 31 Mar 2018. Candidate will have to produce full Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling, failing which, the candidate will not be eligible for admission.
- A candidate should have obtained permanent registration with Dental Council of India or Gujarat Dental Council within one month from the date of his/her admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and will not be eligible to apply in future. This permanent registration certificate with DCI/GDC should be submitted/checked by respective institute/college where a candidate gets admission.
- A candidate who is engaged (at the time of submission of application ) in P.G Dental studies in this University or any Other University or equivalent body is not eligible.
- A candidate who in the past selected and admitted to any P.G. Dental course of this or any other university or equivalent body and have not completed that course at the time of submission of application is not eligible. (He is not eligible for All India Quota also). However, those candidates who have cancelled their admission with Gujarat University Admission Committee before reshuffling counseling (through head of institute/college) or surrendered his seat during reshuffling counseling are eligible, (but who have not cancelled their admission, will not be eligible)
- A candidate who had applied earlier to this University and who was disqualified because of the reason mentioned in Rules 188.8.131.52 (b), 7.8, 7.10, 7.12, (which is mention in the brochure) is not eligible.
- A candidate who is graduate of University other than Gujarat University will have to submit provisional eligibility certificate (P.E.C.) from Gujarat University within one month from the date of his / her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and will not be eligible to apply in future. This provisional eligibility certificate (PEC) should be submitted/checked by respective institute/college where a candidate gets admission.
- A candidate has to appear in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET MDS) conducted by Central government competent authority in current academic year for admission to Post-graduate Dental Courses (MDS) and candidate should have to secure minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET MDS for seeking admission to open category seats and minimum of marks at 40th percentile in NEET MDS for seeking admission to SC, ST & SEBC category seats only. (Reserved candidate securing 40th percentile or more but less than 50th percentile in NEET MDS will not be eligible for open category seat even if it remains vacant). However, Open category candidate with locomotor disability of lower limbs who has secure a minimum of marks at 45th percentile in NEET MDS will be eligible for 3% locomotor disability quota only.
- Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in NEET MDS held for any academic year for admission to Post Graduate courses, the Central Government in consultation with Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to PG course for candidate belongings to respective categories and marks so lowered shall be applicable for the said academic year.
Admission Committee: Admission and placement of these candidates for particular postgraduate course/ subject/teacher & institute/college will be decided by the “Admission Committee” of the Gujarat University. The Admission Committee will be as under:
- Dean, Medical Faculty – Chairman
- Head of the PG institute/college where PG courses are conducted
- Maximum up to eight members of the teaching staff nominated by Chairman
Application Form 2018
Online Application will be available for the admission in Gujarat University PG Dental (MDS) for the academic year 2018 – 19. Candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1000/- at the time of filling up the online Application form. The filled application form can be submitted online at www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in.
Candidates will have to upload necessary documents (self-attested) mentioned on website, recent passport size photograph and signature (JPG/JPEG format). The application form will be completed in all respects before submission. No alteration or addition will be permitted later on.
Upload NEET MDS 2018 Mark Sheet / Score Card
- To Upload the NEET MDS 2018 Marksheet/Scorecard, Candidate will have to log in with their credential details.
- There is no need to submit NEET 2018 Marksheet in person. Just upload it on www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in.
- As per directive of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, New Delhi, 50% of total available seats in the Academic year in various Post-graduate Dental courses in each subject in Govt. Institutions / Colleges will be filled up as an All India Quota Seats as per All India 50% Quota rank by Competent Authority. The remaining seats will be available for the candidates passing from Gujarat University in accordance. The student passing from other statutory Universities within Gujarat State will be considered as per their merits in accordance.
- For Self-finance Colleges / Institutions, 75% of total seats shall be filled by Admission Committee of Gujarat University and the remaining 25% seats (Management quota seats including 15% genuine NRI seats) shall be filled up by Consortium of Colleges / Institutes as per Gujarat Professional Medical Educational Colleges or Institutions [Regulation of admission and fixation of fess, Act-2007] Act 3 of 2008 & Gujarat Ordinance No. 2 of 2016. Admission on the Management quota / NRI quota seats shall be given by the Consortium of Colleges/Institutes on the basis of NEET PG 2017 rank of the candidates who have applied for admission against the Management quota / NRI seats of the respective college/institution.
- In case the seats reserved for All India quota in Dental course remain vacant because of non-availability of candidates the same will be treated as local seats.
- Remaining 50% (or more) of total seats in postgraduate courses will be filled up by the “Admission Committee” of University.
Admission process will be done once in each academic year. There will be an only two round of Counseling. (First round – Regular counseling & Second round -Reshuffling Counseling). Time schedule of two round of counseling and completion of entire admission process will be carried out as per regulations of DCI/MCI/Supreme Court guideline.
For more details of Gujarat University, PG Dental Admission download 2017’s – Notification.
Insofar, official details of Gujarat University PG Dental (MDS) Admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Gujarat University releases Gujarat University PG Dental (MDS) Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.