HPCET 2023 will held on 14 May 2023. The Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) has released the HPCET 2023 Exam Date. Whereas, HPCET 2023 application form is out at himtu.ac.in. Organized by HPTU, HPCET exam is for admission to B.Tech, B. Pharmacy, MBA, MBA(T&HM), MCA courses in HPTU and colleges affiliated to it. It is the University level Engineering entrance exam. Get here the HPCET study material like syllabus, question papers, exam pattern, and latest news on registration, admit card, answer key, result.
Latest – HPCET 2023 application form is out and exam date has been announced. Get the link to apply online here.
What is HPCET exam?
The full form of HPCET is Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test. It is a University level Engineering entrance examination conducted by HPTU. B.Tech, B. Pharmacy, MBA, MBA(T&HM), MCA admission in HPTU and colleges affiliated to it for 2023-24 session is on the basis of HPCET 2023.
HPCET 2023 Exam Date
HPTU decides and announces the exam date of HPCET 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check himtu.ac.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of notification||21 Mar 2023|
|Release of HPCET 2023 application form||21 Mar 2023|
|Last date to apply online at himtu.ac.in||23 Apr 2023|
|HPCET 2023 admit card release date||As per HPTU|
|HPCET 2023 Exam Date||14 May 2023|
|Release of official answer key||As per HPTU|
|HPCET 2023 result announcement||25 May 2023|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- 18 Jan 2023 – HPCET 2023 Schedule
HPCET 2023 – An Exam Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||HPCET|
|Full Form of HPCET||Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test|
|Full Form of HPTU||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|Level of Exam||University|
|Type of Exam||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through HPCET||B.Tech, B. Pharmacy, MBA, MBA(T&HM), MCA|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through HPCET||HPTU and colleges affiliated to it|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Class 12th / Graduation (Depending on course applied for)|
|Mode of Exam||TBA, Last year it was – offline mode|
|Type of Questions||TBA, Last year it was –objective type multiple choice questions|
|Number of Questions||TBA, Last year it was –150 for B.Tech / B.Pharm, 100 for MBA/MCA|
|Total Marks||TBA, Last year it was – 300 for B.Tech / B.Pharm, 200 for MBA/MCA|
|Marking Scheme||TBA, Last year it was –+2, -0.5|
|Exam Duration||TBA, Last year it was – 3 hours for B.Tech / B.Pharm, 2 Hours for MBA/MCA|
|Subjects in Question Paper for B.Tech, B.Pharm||TBA, Last year it was – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology|
|Subjects in Question Paper for MBA, MCA||TBA, Last year it was – Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Reasoning, Business awareness (MBA& MBA (T&H))/ Computer Awareness (MCA)|
HPCET 2023 Application Form
Any student who wishes to appear in the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test needs to first fill up the application form. Important points are as follows.
- HPTU releases the HPCET application form 2023 at himtu.ac.in.
- Students should fill and submit the HPCET online application form before the last date.
- In order to apply, one has to do the HPCET 2023 registration, then enter details in the online form, upload documents required, and pay the fee.
- Also, only eligible students should apply for the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test.
Eligibility Criteria of HPCET
The HPCET eligibility criteria refers to minimum requirements that applicants must fulfill in order to appear in the exam and/or get admission through it.
- HPTU provides the detailed HPCET 2023 eligibility criteria in the official website himtu.ac.in.
- Eligibility criteria is also in the HPCET 2023 information brochure.
- Students who have minimum educational qualification, and satisfy age limit are eligible for Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test.
- Also check eligibility criteria of colleges where admission is through HPCET before admission.
HPCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of HPCET exam includes topics from which questions will be asked in the question paper.
- You should study all topics in the HPCET syllabus 2023.
- Also solve chapter wise questions to prepare for the HPCET exam.
- To complete preparing the syllabus, solve HPCET previous year question papers.
The question paper of Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test will be as per the exam pattern.
- The HPCET 2023 exam pattern conveys the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme.
- Latest exam scheme is as per himtu.ac.in.
- You can also practice the pattern, type of questions with PYQPs and HPCET sample question papers.
- HPCET 2023 mock tests are also a good way to familiarize yourself with the pattern.
Last year the exam pattern was as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is in offline mode.
- Question type – The questions are objective type multiple choice questions.
- Number of Questions – There are 150 questions in B.Tech / B.Pharm, 100 in MBA/MCA
- questions in the entrance exam.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the exam is 300 for B.Tech / B.Pharm, 200 for MBA/MCA.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 3 hours for B.Tech / B.Pharm, 2 Hours for MBA/MCA.
Marking Scheme –
- Candidates get +2 marks for correct answer.
- And negative marks is -0.5 for incorrect answers.
HPCET 2023 Admit Card
The HPCET admit card refers to the hall ticket. Following are its key details.
- Students who apply on time are issued the HPCET admit card.
- HPTU releases the admit card at himtu.ac.in.
- Only those students who show the admit card of HPCET exam and other required documents on exam day get entry at the center.
- Therefore students should download the HPCET admit card 2023 before exam date.
- The hall ticket contains exam date, time, center, guidelines for the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test 2023.
HPCET 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is the set of correct answers to the HPCET 2023 question paper. When, where, how to get it is as follows.
- You can check the answer key of HPCET 2023 only after the exam ends.
- If HPTU releases the HPCET official answer key, then you can download it at himtu.ac.in.
- Follow instructions of the Himachal Pradesh Technical University to submit objections, and calculate marks using the HPCET solutions.
HPCET 2023 Result
All students who write the HPCET 2023 exam eagerly wait for the result as soon as exam ends. Here is what you should know about the results:
- The Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) declares the HPCET 2023 result.
- Next, the official website where HPCET 2023 result link is published is himtu.ac.in.
- Whereas the result date is as per schedule by HPTU.
- In order to check HPCET 2023 rank, you have to login at the link.
- Then, the score and rank of HPCET exam decides your admission to B.Tech, B. Pharmacy, MBA, MBA(T&HM), MCA courses.
- Engineering colleges across the country offer admission on basis of HPCET results.
Official Website is himtu.ac.in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Qs. What is the HPCET Exam?
Ans. The HPCET exam is a University level Engineering entrance exam. It is for admission to B.Tech, B. Pharmacy, MBA, MBA(T&HM), MCA courses in HPTU and colleges affiliated to it.
Qs. Who conducts HPCET?
Ans. The Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) conducts this exam.
Qs. What is the official website for HPCET 2023?
Ans. The official website is himtu.ac.in.
Qs. How to apply for HPCET?
Ans. You should apply as per instructions in the HPCET 2023 notification. Check himtu.ac.in for online application form.
Qs. How to prepare for HPCET 2023?
Ans. In order to prepare for the exam, first complete the HPCET syllabus. Then practise the chapter wise questions from the best reference books for HPCET 2023. Thereafter solve previous year question papers. Then finally solve sample papers, and take mock tests.
If you have any queries on HPCET 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
Leave a Reply