HPU MAT 2018 – HPU has released the notification for HPU MAT 2018 (Management Aptitude Test) for admission to the MBA programme in HPU Business School for the session 2018-19. Candidates will be given admission based on their result in HPU MAT 2018. Interested candidates can read all the details of HPU MAT 2018 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc. from this page.
HPU MAT 2018 – MBA Aptitude Test for HPU Business School
The HPU MBA admission is based on the HPU MAT 2018. Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) conducts the Management Aptitude Test for admission to MBA programme. The schedule for HPU MAT 2018 is given below. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details.
|Last date for applying online for HPU MAT||05 May 2018|
|Release of admit card||May 2018|
|HPU MAT 2018 Examination||26 May 2018|
|Date of HPU MAT 2018 Result||09 Jun 2018|
|Date of GD/Interview for Subsidized Seats||9,10, 11 & 12 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result for Subsidized Seats||14 Jul 2018|
|Date of GD/Interview for Non-Subsidized Seats||16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result for Non Subsidized Seats||23 Jul 2018|
HPU MAT Application Form 2018
Application Form can be filled online HPU MAT 2018 online from its official website. All the candidates who are interested can fill their Application Form. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure their eligibility. Candidates have to submit the application form on or before its last date.
|General Category : Subsidized & Non-subsidized||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST Category : Subsidized & Non-subsidized||Rs. 500/-|
Minimum eligibility for the course is any first bachelor degree of a university, established by law in India, at least with 50% marks (with 45% marks in the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates).
The candidates who are appearing for their final examination of Bachelor Degree examination in March/April, 2018 shall be allowed to appear in HP University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT), but the final selection is subject to their satisfying the eligibility condition.
Except for Non-subsidized, serving or retired defence personnel, the maximum age limit is 26 years for boys and 28 years for girls (29 years in case of SC/ST candidates both for st boys and girls) as on 1 of July of the year concerned.
HPU MAT Admit Card 2018
Admit Card of HPU MAT 2018 will be issued online and can be downloaded from its official website. All the candidates who will apply can download their hall ticket. Admit Card will be available after the successful completion of the application form.
HPU MAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The HPU-MAT have four sections –
- English Comprehension & Language
- Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation,
- General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning,
- General Knowledge & Business Awareness.
Each section will have about fifty (50) questions. The performance in HPU-MAT is the basis for screening the candidates for group discussion and personal interview.
Exam Centres – The HPU-MAT will be conducted at Shimla, Solan, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Mandi, Una, Palampur and Chandigarh. The Business School reserves the right to alter the date/centre of entrance examination.
NOTE: – The centre will be created depending on availability of adequate number of applicants.
The admission is based on the merit in competitive examination, which comprises of Application Rating, Management Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. HPU-MAT will be of objective type consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Candidates for Non-subsidized seats have to compete among themselves, so is the case with the candidates in subsidized seats. Separate merit list will be prepared for subsidized category and non subsidized category. The weightage assigned in computing merit is as follows:
- Application Rating [10 % of the percentage of marks obtained in each of the following examinations i.e. matriculation, 10+2 and graduation.] – 30 Marks
- Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT) – 50 Marks
- Group Discussion – 10 Marks
- Personal Interview – 10 Mark
HPU MAT Result 2018
The result of MBA Aptitude Test for HPU Business School will be declared online at the official website, Which can be checked by entering the Roll Number. Candidates who will appear the the exam will only be able to check their result. Result will be declared after the commencement of Entrance exam. The result of the written test will also be displayed on the notice board of HPUBS. Those who are appearing provisionally shall have to submit result certificate at the time of group discussion/interview.
The HPUBS admits 120 students for MBA course. Out of which 60 seats are under subsidized category and 60 seats are under Non -subsidized category.
Reservation in Subsidized Category seats
Admission to MBA programme except for seats reserved for Nonsubsidized candidates shall be subject to the following conditions:
- 15% and 7½ % seats shall be reserved for SC and ST candidates respectively, having domicile of Himachal Pradesh – irrespective of the Institutions from where they have passed their qualifying examination
- The remaining 77½ % seats shall be filled up as under: –
- 25% of the seats for admission shall be open for all the candidates- irrespective of the Institution from where they have passed their qualifying examination.
- 75% of the seats shall be filled out of the candidates, who have pas sed their qualifying examination from the HP University or HP Krishi Vishwavidayalaya Palampur or Dr. Y S Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, HP Technical University and Central University of Himachal Pradesh or the candidates who are Himachal Pradesh domicile irrespective of passing qualifying examination from any other University established by Law in India which is equivalent to the qualifying examination of Himachal Pradesh University, subject to the following reservations:
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding sportsmen/ women.
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding cultural activists.
- 3% of the seats shall be reserved for persons with Disabilities.
- Provided further that one seat (Supernumerary) shall be reserved for the serving/ retired defence service personnel, if they fulfil the minimum eligibility conditions prescribed for admission.
- Provided further that one seat (Supernumerary) shall be reserved for the single Girl Child of Himachali Domicile. Applicant under this category must attach a certificate from the Executive Magistrate.
- Provided further that two seats (Supernumerary) shall be reserved for the J&K Domicile students. Applicant must attach the J&K domicile certificate
The roster of admission, showing reservations of various categories shall be used as per H.P. University rules.
Breakup of Subsidized seats as per roaster for Academic Session.
|Open to all||12|
|Defense Personal (Supernumerary)||01|
|Single Girl Child (Supernumerary)||02|
|Single Girl Child (Supernumerary)||02|
- Roster for SC/ST started from 61 to 120 on 120 points basis.
- Roster for cultural, Sports and Physical Challenged started from 88 to 120 & 01 to 02 on 120 points basis.
FEE FOR SUBSIDIZED Seats (as per university rule)
Approximately Rs. 11,000 /- Per Annum plus Tax as applicable.
Computer fee will be charged by the office of the Business School, Rs. 1500/-plus taxes as applicable in the first Semester to be paid at the time of admission and Rs. 1500/- at the time of seeking admission (continuation) in third Semester.
NON-SUBSIDIZED Seats and Fee
Total number of seats under Non-subsidised shall be 60, which shall be open to candidates of all category. Three supernumerary seats shall be reserved for wards of H. P. University employees under non subsidized category.
Candidates admitted under Non-subsidized category shall be charged a consolidated fee of ` 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lac. only) per annum plus tax as applicable and are also required to pay the normal university fee and computer fee as mentioned above. These dues have to be deposited at the time of admission to the First and Third Semesters through a bank draft in favour of Director, HPUBS, H.P. University, Shimla-171005. This will not cover boarding, lodging, medical, travel and other personal expenses.
No shifting of candidates from non-subsidized category to subsidized category shall be done after the last date for admission (in case of candidates who have applied for both the categories).
The University Business School reserves the right of fixing the number of seats for this category of students, depending upon the availability of facilities in the University Business School.
Official Website: www.hpubsshimla.org
For More Details Regarding HPU MAT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.