HPU MAT 2017 – HPU had released the notification for HPU MAT 2017 (Management Aptitude Test) for admission to the MBA programme in HPU Business School for the session 2017-18. Candidates will be given admission based on their result in HPU MAT 2017.Interested candidates can read all the details of HPU MAT 2017 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc. from this page.
HPU MAT 2017 – MBA Aptitude Test for HPU Business School
The HPU MBA admission is based on the HPU MAT 2017. Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) conducts the Management Aptitude Test for admission to MBA programme. The schedule for HPU MAT 2017 is given below. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details.
|Last date for applying online for HPU MAT||17 May 2017|
|Release of admit card||30 May 2017|
|HPU MAT 2017 Examination||03 Jun 2017|
|Date of HPU MAT 2017 Result||17 Jun 2017|
|Date of GD/Interview for Subsidized Seats||10, 11, 12 & 13 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result for Subsidized Seats||15 Jul 2017|
|Date of GD/Interview for Non-Subsidized Seats||17, 18, 19, 20, 21 & 22 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result for Non Subsidized Seats||24 Jul 2017|
HPU MAT Result 2017
The result of MBA Aptitude Test for HPU Business School has been declared, Which can be checked by entering the Roll Number through the direct link provided below.
To Check HPU MAT Result – Click Here
HPU MAT Application Form 2017
Application Form can be filled online HPU MAT 2017 online from its official website. All the candidates who are interested can fill their Application Form. The direct link to fill the Application Form is given below.
- Apply Online – Process is over…!!!
|General Category : Subsidized & Non-subsidized||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST Category : Subsidized & Non-subsidized||Rs. 500/-|
Minimum eligibility for the course is any first bachelor degree of a university, established by law in India, at least with 50% marks (with 45% marks in the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates).
The candidates who are appearing for their final examination of Bachelor Degree examination in March/April, 2017 shall be allowed to appear in HP University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT), but the final selection is subject to their satisfying the eligibility condition.
Except for Non-subsidized, serving or retired defence personnel, the maximum age limit is 26 years for boys and 28 years for girls (29 years in case of SC/ST candidates both for st boys and girls) as on 1 of July of the year concerned.
HPU MAT Admit Card 2017
Admit Card of HPU MAT 2017 has been issued online and can be downloaded from its official website. All the candidates who have applied can download their hall ticket. The direct link to download admit card is given below.
- Download admit card – Process is over…!!!
HPU MAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The HPU-MAT have four sections –
- English Comprehension & Language
- Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation,
- General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning,
- General Knowledge & Business Awareness.
Each section will have about fifty (50) questions. The performance in HPU-MAT is the basis for screening the candidates for group discussion and personal interview.
Exam Centres – The HPU-MAT will be conducted at Shimla, Solan, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Mandi, Una, Palampur and Chandigarh. The Business School reserves the right to alter the date/centre of entrance examination.
NOTE: – The centre will be created depending on availability of adequate number of applicants.
The admission is based on the merit in competitive examination, which comprises of Application Rating, Management Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. HPU-MAT will be of objective type consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Candidates for Non-subsidized seats have to compete among themselves, so is the case with the candidates in subsidized seats. Separate merit list will be prepared for subsidized category and non subsidized category. The weightage assigned in computing merit is as follows: –
- Application Rating [10 % of the percentage of marks obtained in each of the following examinations i.e. matriculation, 10+2 and graduation.] – 30 Marks
- Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT) – 50 Marks
- Group Discussion – 10 Marks
- Personal Interview – 10 Mark
The HPUBS admits 120 students for MBA course. Out of which 60 seats are under subsidized category and 60 seats are under Non -subsidized category.
Reservation in Subsidized Category seats
Admission to MBA programme except for seats reserved for Nonsubsidized candidates shall be subject to the following conditions:
- 15% and 7½ % seats shall be reserved for SC and ST candidates respectively, having domicile of Himachal Pradesh – irrespective of the Institutions from where they have passed their qualifying examination
- The remaining 77½ % seats shall be filled up as under: –
- 25% of the seats for admission shall be open for all the candidates- irrespective of the Institution from where they have passed their qualifying examination.
- 75% of the seats shall be filled out of the candidates, who have pas sed their qualifying examination from the HP University or HP Krishi Vishwavidayalaya Palampur or Dr. Y S Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, HP Technical University and Central University of Himachal Pradesh or the candidates who are Himachal Pradesh domicile irrespective of passing qualifying examination from any other University established by Law in India which is equivalent to the qualifying examination of Himachal Pradesh University, subject to the following reservations:
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding sportsmen/ women.
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding cultural activists.
- 3% of the seats shall be reserved for persons with Disabilities.
- Provided further that one seat (Supernumerary) shall be reserved for the serving/ retired defence service personnel, if they fulfil the minimum eligibility conditions prescribed for admission.
- Provided further that one seat (Supernumerary) shall be reserved for the single Girl Child of Himachali Domicile. Applicant under this category must attach a certificate from the Executive Magistrate.
- Provided further that two seats (Supernumerary) shall be reserved for the J&K Domicile students. Applicant must attach the J&K domicile certificate
The roster of admission, showing reservations of various categories shall be used as per H.P. University rules.
Breakup of Subsidized seats as per roaster for Academic Session (2017- 2019).
|Open to all||12|
|Defense Personal (Supernumerary)||01|
|Single Girl Child (Supernumerary)||02|
|Single Girl Child (Supernumerary)||02|
- Roster for SC/ST started from 61 to 120 on 120 points basis.
- Roster for cultural, Sports and Physical Challenged started from 54 to 87 on 120 points basis.
For More Details Regarding HPU MAT 2017 – Download Information Brochure.