JEE Main 2019 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced JEE Main 2019 Result for April exam for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates can check their result online at jeemain.nic.in. Application number and date of birth is required to check JEE Main result. Candidates whose NTA score is more than the cut off marks are eligible to appear for JoSAA Counselling. Furthermore, those who are in the top 20 percentile and fulfill the other eligibility criteria can apply for JEE Advanced 2019. The score for JEE Main 2019 is used for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and other private engineering colleges. Check details on JEE Main 2019 from below.
JEE Main 2019
JEE Main 2019 is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced. About top 2.4 lakh JEE Main 2019 top rankers will be allowed to apply for JEE Advanced 2019. The dates for the upcoming events of JEE Main are as follows:
|JEE Main April 2019||Dates|
|Registration for TPCs starts on||08 Feb 2019|
|JEE Main application form availability||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to apply for JEE Main||07 Mar 2019 (11:50 pm)|
|Image correction login opens||07 Mar 2019|
|Facility to correct the application form||11 – 15 Mar 2019|
|Issuance of JEE Main 2019 admit card|
|Exam Date for JEE Main April:|
8, 9, 10, 12 Apr 2019
|Publication of Answer key, Question Paper, Response Sheet||14 Apr 2019|
- Application Form
- Application Form Correction
- Exam Date, Shift, City Check
- Sample Paper
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Notes – Physics, Chemistry
- Exam Preparation
- Video Lectures
- Admit Card
- Mock Tests
- Exam Centre
- Response Sheet
- Question Paper
- Answer Key
- Cut Off
- Exam Pattern
- Common Service Centres
- Information Brochure
- हिन्दी में जेईई मुख्य 2019 के बारे में यहां से जानें।
JEE Main 2019 Result
NTA has announced the result of JEE Main Exam 2019 on nta.ac.in and jeemain.nic.in. The candidates can check their result using their Application Number with Date of Birth or Password. The JEE Main Result consist of the NTA score and all India rank obtained by the candidates.
In the last session, Dhruv Arora along with other 9 JEE aspirants, secured the perfect 100 percentile.
Compilation of Result: NTA converts marks of all the three sections into NTA scores. Then the marks of all students across different shifts and session are combined to get the merit. Which means the performance of students in January and April session will be merged for the evaluation of ranks. In case of candidates appearing in both the sessions, then the best of two scores will be used to make a merit list.
Preparation of Merit List – In case two or more candidates having the same scores, then the preference is given to a candidate who scores the highest marks in the Mathematics section. If a tie still doesn’t resolve then the marks in Physics and further in Chemistry will be considered. In last, if the tie is still there, then a candidate older in age is given preference. If a decision is still impending, then two students will be given the same rank.
Normalization in JEE Main 2019 Result – NTA conducts the normalization process to maintain fairness among different session of the exam. With this process, candidates marks are either increased or decreased to maintain equity according to the difficulty level across each session. Candidates can check their marks in the form of percentile. It shows the percentage of candidates that have scored marks equal to or less than you.
The formula to Calculate NTA Score
(100*Number of candidates in a session who have a raw score less than or equal to you) / Number of candidates in that particular session
Will Class 12th Marks Used in Result Calculation? – NTA has made clear that it does not use class 12th marks for the score or JEE Main Exam 2019 rank calculation. But the marks of class 12th are important criteria for admission.
What After the JEE Main 2019 Result? On the basis of NTA scores, JoSAA calls candidates for counseling and seat allotment. Top colleges like IIT accept the exam score.
JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum marks that a candidate should secure to qualify an exam. However, the last rank at which a college grants admission is also known as the cutoff. Hence, we have mentioned below both the JEE Main cutoff for the exam held last year:
JEE Main Cutoff for JEE Advanced was as follows: There is no cut off for JEE Main. But in the scorecard, a cutoff is available and it for JEE Advanced. For JEE Advanced, those candidates qualify who score more than the cutoff. In the previous year it was as follows:
|Last Year’s JEE Main Cut Off for JEE Advanced|
|Category||Minimum Marks||Maximum Marks|
|OBC – NCL||45||73|
In the previous year, the cut off to be qualified for JEE Advanced exam was as follows:
JEE Main Closing Rank Cut Off: The closing for each college differs. Candidates can check it for each college From Here
What to Expect from JEE Main Exam 2019 Cut Off – It is too early to expect anything from NTA. According to the difficulty level of exam, NTA score, number of seats, number of candidates appeared etc, the exam score accepting institutes will decide the cut-off. When the result of both the sessions is out, then one can predict the cut off for the exam.
JEE Main 2019 Response Sheet
The response sheet of JEE Main 2019 is available along with the question paper. The candidates need application number and date of birth/password to download it. In it, the candidates can see the question, question id, and the answer marked by the candidates.
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper
NTA releases the JEE Main Question Paper 2019 at its official website. The aspirants can download the question paper for their respective shift by online mode only. You can download it, by entering Application Number and password or Date of Birth. Along with the JEE Main Question Paper, the candidates also get the Response Sheet. The question paper and response sheet of JEE Main remain at login for the limited time window only. Candidates must download it before the last date.
JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
The answer key for JEE Main has been released by NTA for both Paper 1 and 2. The JEE Main Exam 2019 Official key is downloadable through the JEE Main candidate login only.
Note: NTA also provides a facility for the candidates to submit an objection in the JEE Main Answer Key 2019. The window for downloading the JEE Main Answer Key and submitting challenge opens for 3-4 days only. The last date to download the answer key and challenge it is April 16, 2019
Challenging the JEE Main 2019 Answer Key: Challenging the answer key is simple. The candidates have to cite the question id for which they wish to make the challenge. Also, they have to pay a sum of Rs. 1000/- for each challenge. This money is refundable if the challenge is accepted.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card is issued over the official website under the candidates’ login. To get the admit card the most important thing is that you must be registered. The candidates who do not complete the application process by paying their application fee are not eligible for the JEE Main 2019 Admit Card Download.
To download the admit card keep the Application number and password/DOB handy. Important features of the Hall Ticket / Admit Card are as follows:
- No hard copy of the JEE Main Admit Card is sent to the candidates by post.
- It consists of exam date, timings, exam center address to appear in the JEE Main 2019 Exam.
- The entry at the exam center is not permitted without the admit card.
Along with the admit card, the candidates need to carry the following items on the exam day.
- Photo id proof – Any 1 from Aadhaar Card, Voter Id Card, College ID, Passport, Bank Passbook with Photo, etc.
- PwD certificate if claiming relaxation under PwD category.
- 1 Passport size photograph
JEE Main 2019 Mock Test by NTA
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the mock test for JEE Main 2019. Candidates can take this test to practice and get well versed with the upcoming exam. Registered candidate can log in with username and password to attempt the free mock test provided by NTA. Before taking the test, candidates must read all the instructions properly. Also, do not use the keyboard while taking the test. The link to take the mock test is provided below.
Mock Test: Click Here to take the JEE Main Exam 2019 Mock Test.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
As per the information brochure, JEE Main 2019 exam pattern is as follows. Candidates can check here the syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Moreover, the syllabus for either session of JEE Main is the same.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019 for Paper 1
The detailed exam pattern of JEE Main Paper 1 ie B.E/ B.Tech is written below. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the exam pattern and syllabus only.
Duration of the examination
- JEE Main is a 3-hour exam in two shift in a day. Candidates must check their shift from the admit card.
- There is no sectional limit in the examination. Candidates can attend any section in any order.
Mode of Examination
- JEE Main takes place in computer-based mode only.
- The language of the exam is English, Hindi, Gujarati.
Type or Number of Questions in Examination
- There are 90 questions in the exam. 30 questions in each section.
- All questions are Multiple Choice Type. NTA gives 4 answer choices for each question.
- 4 marks for each correct answer and no deduction of marks for unattended questions.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer. This is applicable in all the sections.
Check marks and question distribution in JEE Main Test 2019 from below:
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern for Paper 2
The exam pattern for B.Arch/ B.Planning in JEE Main is as follows.
Mode of Examination
- Mathematics (part I), Aptitude test (part II) are computer-based tests.
- Drawing test (part III) is an offline exam to be done on drawing sheets.
- Candidates have to maximize their attempts in a maximum of 3 hours.
- The language of the exam is English, Hindi, Gujarati.
Type and Number of Questions
- In all, there are 82 questions in the exam.
- Maths and General Aptitude are MCQ based. Whereas, in Drawing Skill test need to be attempted on the drawing sheet.
- 4 marks for each MCQ and 70 marks for drawing test. No marks deduction for unattempted questions.
- NTA is going to deduct 1 marks for the incorrect responses.
- The maximum score of paper 2 is 390.
Check the distribution of question and from the table below.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
NTA has published the detailed syllabus on the JEE Main 2019 brochure. It is divided into three sections ie Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The topics to be prepared in each section of the exam are as follows.
- Mathematics – Sets, Number System, Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Sequencers & Series, Limit, Continuity & Differentiability, Integral Calculus, etc.
- Physics – Physics & Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy & Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, etc.
- Chemistry – Basic Concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Solution, Equilibrium, etc.
Note: The candidates can download the detailed syllabus of JEE Main Exam 2019 – From Here
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction
The JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction window opens for a period of 5 days. Now the candidates are who wish to change any information in the form or wish to correct any mistake in the form can do so using this opportunity.
NTA clearly mentions that this is a one-time opportunity and the candidates can change any information except for the exam centre choice in the form. In addition to that, an extra amount is charged for changing certain information.
The major details that you can change in the application form correction window:
- Educational Qualification
- Personal Details
- Choice of papers – Paper 1/Paper 2 or both
- 10% EWS (Economically Weaker Section) quota
Apart from these major details, all other details are available for editing and change.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in JEE Main 2019 April Application Form Correction:
These are the common mistakes that you must avoid in JEE Main April 2019 Form. If you have made these mistakes make sure to correct them in the JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction window.
- Labelled Documents – Candidates must upload the picture with name and date on it, if you have not, make sure you do it in the form correction window.
- Valid Communication Details – Provide an active and valid mobile number for future communication.
- Paper Choice – Fill the paper choice after proper consideration to avoid inconvinience later.
- Spellings – The candidates who have made any errors in spellings of their name, address, or any such details must check and correct them.
JEE Main 2019 Test Practice Centers (TPC)
For Joint Entrance Examination Main 2019 NTA has decided to established 2,697 Test Practice Centers (TPC). Through these test centres, candidates can learn and understand the type of questions that could appear in JEE Main online exam 2019. Also, candidates can practice for the examination and score better marks.
For JEE Main April 2019 TPC registration starts from February 08, 2019. Candidates must not miss this opportunity and do register it. The registration is to be done at nta.ac.in.
- Click Here to check the notice regarding TPC.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling
The Joint Seat Allocation Board (JoSAA) conducts the counselling for JEE Main Exam 2019. NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs participate in counselling round. The seat allocation procedure will be announced later on the official website. The number of the Institute that appeared for the counselling last time is as follows:
- National Institute of Technology (NITs) – 31
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) – 23
- Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) – 23
Other than this, there are numerous other institutes which consider the score of JEE Main. In the counselling seat allocated on the basis of JEE Main AIR.
JEE Advanced 2019
Candidates seeking admission to IIT have to appear for JEE Advanced. Only candidates who will clear the cut-off by IITs are eligible to appear for this examination. The schedule for it will release later. Candidates can appear for JEE Advanced only two times in a consecutive year, whether qualified or not. Which means who have attempted JEE (Main) /JEE (Advanced) in the year before or on 2017 are not eligible for JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Reservation
NTA follows the reservation policy as per the policy of the Government of India. In the government institutes, there are 15%, 7.5%, 27% of seats are reserved for SC, ST, and OBC (NCL). Moreover, in each category, there is a reservation of 5% for PwD candidates. The admission to various colleges via JEE Main 2019 scores will be done according to the category chosen by a student in the application form.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the JEE Main Exam 2019 it is important to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the test that is as follows.
- There is no age limit to appear for the JEE Main April 2019.
- Importantly, students must satisfy the age criteria laid down by the different institutes accepting JEE Main Scores.
Year of passing the qualifying exam
- Candidates must have passed class 12 in 2017, 2018 or appearing it in the year 2019 are eligible.
- Students who have passed 12th standard in or before 2016 are not eligible to apply. Similarly, aspirants who are appearing for 12th after 2020 are not eligible to take JEE Main this year.
List of Qualifying Exam
- 10+2 by any central or state board.
- Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University examination by recognized board.
- The final examination of Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- 10+2 exam from National Institute of Open Schooling.
- Any School in India or Foreign recognized by AIU.
- For IITS – H.S.C. vocational examination, Techincal education of minimum3 years, higher education from (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka/Cambridge University).
- Candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized institute, with at least 5 subjects. Students who have four exams are not eligible to take admission.
- For B. Arch, it is important to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th. As per the notice released in the last session, it is mandatory to clear 10+2 with atleast 50% aggregate. Also, a minimum of 50% marks in the given subjects.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- To get admission through JEE Main, a candidate should be among 20 percentile in the class 12th Board exams. Or must have got above 75% aggregate in boards.
- SC / ST candidates need to get more than 65% marks in Boards exams.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form
JEE Main April 2019 Application Form releases on the official website at jeemain.nic.in. Candidates need to fill the application form with authentic and valid details. Other than this, upload photograph and signature in the specified format. It is important that candidates have their name and date of taking the picture mentioned on the photograph.
Candidates who are already registered for JEE Main January exam can directly login with application number and password. Such students have to enter details like paper choice, test centre choice, paper medium etc. Lastly, pay exam fee to submit the form.
How to Apply for JEE Main 2019? – To apply for JEE Main Exam 2019, candidates have to register first. To do so, details like a state of eligibility, class 12 state, identification type, identification number, the name of a candidate, date of birth, gender are required. Once registered, candidates get the registration number and password. With these details, aspirants need to log in and fill the application form of JEE Main April 2019 Exam. The last date to submit the application form is March 07, 2019.
In the application form, candidates have to choose the language of the paper. Once it is submitted, this data is not editable. So, students must submit it with the utmost care. English and Hindi are available all over India. Gujrati option is available only at the centre cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
JEE Main Exam 2019 Application Fee: The application fee for JEE Main I and II is available in the table below. Candidates must check the examination fee as per their caste category and gender. You can submit the examination fee online, through Net Baking, Debit Card, Credit Card, e-challan.
|Paper 1 or Paper 2|
|Boys of General/OBC (NCL) category||Rs 500/-|
|Girls, ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender||Rs 250|
|Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|Boys of General/OBC (NCL) category||Rs 900|
|Girls, ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender||Rs 450|
JEE Main 2019 January Statistics
This year, 11,09,250 candidates have registered themselves for the JEE Main examination between which was held from January 08 to 12, 2019. A total of 9,29,198 students have registered for Paper-I & 1,80,052 for Paper-II. The examination was conducted at 467 Centres in 258 Cities out of which 09 centers were outside India. It is the first time that JEE Main exam was moduled to conduct in Computer Based Test (CBT).
5 Reasons to Apply for JEE Main April 2019
NTA conducts JEE Main exam twice a year before the starting of a new session. So, if candidates have already appeared for the first or January session can re-apply now. Moreover, it is a good opportunity for candidates who have missed to register for JEE Main I 2019. These are 5 reasons to apply for the second session of JEE Main 2019.
- Chance to improve scores: Candidates can apply again to upgrade their scores. Moreover, the best of the two will be applicable for making the merit list.
- Time to learn from the mistakes: In the second session, you can avoid errors that occurred during the first attempt of JEE Main. For example, mistakes in form, how to prepare for exam etc.
- No need to drop a year: Usually, candidates who couldn’t score well in the exam have to drop a year and need to wait full one year. But with having two opportunities in a year, candidates can increase their prospects for admission in A.Y 2019.
- Failed Registration in First Attempt: In case, you could not able to fill the form in the first session, then you can apply now.
- Best of Two for Scoring: Even if you have taken the first attempt then there is no harm to re-appear in the second session. If the score improves in this session, then it will be only used for ranking purpose.
National Testing Agency has been established under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI). The agency is responsible to conduct national level exams like JEE Main, NEET etc. The main role of the body is to conduct an exam in transparent and as per international standards. NTA JEE Main scores are valid for admission for the undergraduate programmes at centrally funded institutes.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.