The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released the admit card for NEET MDS 2019 on December 6, 2018. Aspirants who have registered for the entrance exam can download admit card online at nbe.edu.in. The provisionally eligible candidates can download admit card of NEET MDS 2019 until exam date. The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET – MDS is scheduled to be conducted on December 14, 2018, at 51 test centers. The NBE is responsible for only conducting the entrance exam, declaring its result, and providing NEET MDS rank to MoHFW and the state governments. NEET MDS is a single national level entrance examination which is conducted every year by NBE for admission to various PG MDS Courses. The candidates can check complete details on NEET MDS 2019 from this page.
NEET MDS 2019
It is the only entrance examination that is valid for entry to MDS Course both at state as well as institution level, except for AIIMS, New Delhi. It conducts its own entrance examination for admission to MDS courses.
NEET MDS 2019 Date: The candidates can check the complete schedule for NEET MDS 2019 from the table below.
|NEET MDS 2019||Important Dates|
|Online Registration starts for NEET-MDS 2019 starts from||16 Oct 2018 at 7:00 PM|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||06 Nov 2018 till 11:55 PM|
|Submit a request for application form correction||15 days before the last date of submitting the form|
|Demo Test will be available from||01 Dec 2018|
|Issuance of NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card||06 Dec 2018|
|NEET MDS 2019 exam date||14 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of Result||15 Jan 2019|
Cut off date for internship completion is March 31, 2019.
- Click here to check notice regarding application for Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps
- Click Here to check the public notice regarding NEET MDS 2019.
NEET MDS 2019 Mock Test
Mock test for NEET MDS 2019 has been released. Candidates can take this test to practice and well versed with the upcoming exam. Candidates can take this test to familiar with the questions. A static link to take the mock test is provided below.
Scope for NEET MDS 2019
NEET-MDS 2019 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses’ for the academic session 2019-2020 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MDS Diploma courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
NEET MDS 2019 Test Centers
At the time of filling in details in the application form, the aspirants had to choose a test center. The NEET MDS 2019 will be conducted at 51 test cities as given below.
NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card
Those who will successfully submit the NEET MDS Application Form before the last date will be issued the admit card as per the schedule given in the table. The candidates will be able to download their NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card through online mode from the website using their login ID and Password. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the print out of the admit card along with other necessary documents.
After downloading the Admit Card, the candidates should check that the details mentioned on Admit Card are correct. Furthermore, ensure that the name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card.
NEET MDS 2019 Exam Pattern
NEET MDS is a computer-based test which will be held in a single day & single session only. The exam will consist of MCQ type questions and the duration of the exam is 03 hours. The questions will be asked in the English language only. The candidates can check the complete subject-wise distribution of questions from the table below.
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions|
|A||General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14|
|General human physiology and Biochemistry||14|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14|
|General Pathology and Microbiology||14|
|General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14|
|Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||14|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||14|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14|
|Public Health Dentistry||14|
NEET MDS 2019 Syllabus
The exam conducting body has specified that “the syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subject syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time”.
NEET MDS 2019 Result
NBE will announce the result for NEET MDS 2019 online at its official website. In order to qualify the entrance exam, NBE has set some minimum cut off percentile which one need to obtain. The NEET MDS 2019 Result is valid for the current admission session i.e. 2019 admission session for MDS courses. The exam conducting body will also prepare the merit list after the declaration of the result.
The candidates who will appear for the test need to download their mark sheet-cum-result certificate for NEET-MDS 2019 examination – All India 50% Quota. Furthermore, there is no provision for rechecking/ re-evaluation/ re-totaling of the result/ mark and no query in this regard will be entertained.
NEET MDS 2019 Cut Off Percentile
NBE has specified the candidate as per their category need to obtain the following minimum cut off percentile in order to be considered to be included in the merit list. The cut off percentile required to qualify NEET MDS 2019 is given in the table below.
|Category||Cut Off Percentile|
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th percentile|
|UR PWD||45th Percentile|
NEET MDS 2019 Counselling
All India 50% Quota, Dental Educational Institutions Family Welfare, Govt. of India of Central Govt., Universities established by an Act of Parliament, Deemed Universities Seats: Counseling shall be conducted by Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India
State quota seats in All Dental Institutions in a State and seats in institutions established by State Govt., Universities established by Act of State/Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, Society, Company or Minority Institutions: Counseling shall be conducted by State Government or authority designated by the State Government
Selection and final admissions to these institutions shall be made by the Armed Forces Medical Services based on merit of the candidates and who have applied online both to NEET-MDS and also to AFMS and the admissions shall be done as per Govt. of India – Ministry of Defence rules and regulations in conjunction with those applicable to the affiliating Universities.
In case, the candidates feel any difficulty in filling the form, or any other technical details it can be sorted by talking to them using these details:-
|Helpline number||1800 11 1700 (Toll Free)
1800 11 1800 (Toll
NOTE- NBE helpline will remain closed on Sundays and Gazetted holidays.
NEET MDS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before the aspirants proceed to fill in details in the NEET MDS 2019 Application Form, it is advised that they must check the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam. The eligibility conditions for NEET MDS 2019 given by NBE are mentioned below.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelors Degree in Dental Surgery from a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/ recognized dental college.
- Those who have passed the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI) and are undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/ practical training and is likely to complete the same by March 31, 2019, are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
Note: The candidates should note that the cutoff date for completion of internship towards the determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-MDS 2019 shall be 31st March 2019
Eligibility Criteria for All India 50% Quota Seats
The eligibility criteria for All India 50% quota seats is as follows:
- Those who are nominated by the Government of India (under central poolseats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply for NEET MDS 2019.
- Such candidates need to submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgment of submission of online application for NEET MDS 2019 by November 30, 2018.
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029
Who are not eligible to apply under this category?
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seat.
- Furthermore, those who have done their BDS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals
As per the information provided in the NEET MDS 2019 Brochure, it has been specified that the Foreign Nationals can write NEET-MDS without DCI registration. Provided that the following procedure is followed:
- The Council may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the post-graduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he or she is admitted for the time being exclusively for post-graduate studies
- Temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his/her own country from which he/she has obtained his/her basics dental qualification
- Furthermore, his/her degree is recognized by the corresponding state dental council or concerned authority.
NEET MDS 2019 Application Form
The Application Form for NEET MDS 2019 was available online. To apply for the entrance exam, the aspirants needed to register for the exam first. On successfully registering for NEET MDS 2019, the aspirants received User ID and password, which was also sent to the candidate’s registered email id and mobile number. The second step was to fill in details in the NEET MDS 2019 Application Form and upload photograph & signature. At the time of filling in details in the form, the aspirants also had to choose their test city.
The last and final step was to pay requisite amount of application fee by Card/ Net Banking. On completion of last step of the application process, it was advised to the candidates to take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it for future reference.
NEET MDS 2019 Application Fee
In order to complete the form, the candidates needed to pay the applicable charges. The aspirants needed to pay the following amount in order to submit the NEET MDS 2019 Application Form.
|General/OBC candidates||Rs. 3750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates||Rs. 2750/-|
NEET MDS 2019 Application Form Correction
The exam conducting did allow candidates to edit/ modify details in the NEET MDS Application Form. However, the aspirants could make the correction in the Application Form until the last date of online submission of application form. The NBE specified that the candidates could not change information such as personal details, educational qualification etc in the online application form. Furthermore, to be precise, the candidate were given one week time to rectify the deficiency and provide supporting documents if so required to make changes in the Application Form.
Non-Editable Details in the NEET MDS 2019 Online Application Form
Candidates should note that the following data of the application form were non-editable:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Category of candidate
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- Testing City
Official website: www.nbe.edu.in
For more information about NEET MDS 2019 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries about the NEET MDS 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.