NID Application Form 2020 – Candidates who have submitted the form before the deadline are now registered for admission in B.Des, GDPD or M.Des courses via DAT and PhD course addmission to which was done on the basis of DRT. Last date to edit / modify / correct details in NID form was November 23, 2019. Candidates can check here complete details on form correction, how ot edit details, which detaisl are editable, etc for NID application form 2020.
NID Application Form 2020
There is one common NID Application Form 2020 to apply for admission in any campus of National Institute Of Design (NID) in B.Des, M.Des, GDPD and, PhD courses. The candidates can check all the important dates for NID 2020 application form from the table below.
|NID Application Form 2020||B.Des / GDPD and M.Des Dates||Ph.D|
|Application form available from||01 Oct 2019||01 Oct 2019|
|Last date to fill the application form|
|Last date to fill the application form with late fee||As per NID|
|Window to edit the application forms||As per NID|
Form correction: Click here to edit details in NID application form 2020.
Application process is now over!!
NID Application Form Correction 2020
NID open the application form correction window for a period of 2 days. The candidates get this one time opportunity to make any correction in their application form. However, there are certain fields that the candidates cannot edit.
Details which CANNOT be edited in the NID 2020 Application Form
- Information related to eligibility criteria
- Date of birth
- Email id
- Citizenship applied
How to do NID 2020 Application Form Correction?
To edit details in the NID 2020 Application Form, simply follow the instructions as given below.
- Click on the direct link which is given on this page to edit details
- Next, the candidates need to log in by entering details such as Email ID and Password.
- Click on the “Submit” button and then start editing details in the Application Form.
Documents needed to fill NID Application Form 2020
The candidates must keep handy the following documents before they start with the online application process:
- A valid Email ID
- A valid and correct Mobile Number
- Marksheets of Class 10th, 12th/ Graduation
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Scanned images of your photograph and signature
- Disability Certificate, if applicable
- Passport, if applicable
- Credit Card/ Debit Card if paying the application fee by Online mode
Also, the list of certificates to be uploaded by the candidates of each category is mentioned below:
|Category||Photograph and Signature||Documents required|
|OBC – Non-Creamy Layer||Yes||No|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Yes||Caste Certificate|
|Scheduled Tribe||Yes||Tribe Certificate|
|Open – PwD||Yes||Disability Certificate|
|OBC – NCL – PwD||Yes||Disability Certificate|
|SC- PwD||Yes||Caste and Disability Certificate|
|ST – PwD||Yes||Tribe and Disability Certificate|
|Overseas Candidates||Yes||First Page and Last Page of Passport|
Image Specification For NID Application Form 2020
The candidates have to make sure that the images they upload in the application form are in the format given below:
|Images to upload||Format||File size|
|Caste certificate||PG/JPEG format||less than 150 KB|
NID Application Form 2020 – Last date to apply
The last date to apply was extended and the same was emailed to the students who did not filled the application form.
NID Application Fee 2020
The candidates have to pay the application form as per the selection of their course and category they belong to. The same is made available via the table below:
Application fee for the B.Des/GDPD course:
|Category||B.Des and GDPD|
|General – EWS||Rs. 2000|
Application fee for the M.Des course:
|Category||Fee for 1 discipline||Fee for 2 discipline|
|General||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|General – EWS||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|OBC-NCL||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|SC||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|General-EWS-PWD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|SC-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|ST-PwD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2000|
|Overseas||Rs. 3000||Rs. 6000|
Application fee for the PhD course:
|General – EWS||Rs. 5000|
Mode of Payment: The aspirants need to pay the following amount by either of the following modes:
- Online mode using Credit Card/ Debit Card
- Offline mode using Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
How To Fill The NID Application Form 2020?
The candidates can check below the process to fill the NID application form 2020:
Step 1: Register Online
- Click on the direct link given on this page to register for NID Entrance Exam 2020.
- Next, you need to register for the exam online by choosing the course for which you wish to apply for and entering details such as your date of birth, name, category, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” button
- On submitting the registration details, a message appears and the login credentials are sent to your registered email id and mobile number.
- The candidates have to keep the login details secure as it is needed at the time of admit card download of DAT 2020, and other processes.
Step 2: Login to your Account
- Click on the “Proceed to Login” button.
- Then enter the Email ID and Date of birth in the required fields and click on the “Submit” button.
- On submitting the login credentials, you can proceed to fill in details in the NID Application Form.
Step 3: Fill in details in NID Application Form
- In this step, you need to enter your Personal Details, Educational Details, Work Experience (Only M.Des.), Self Declaration, etc.
- Firstly, you need to verify the details submitted by you at the time registration. If satisfied with the details, tick on the declaration term.
- Next, you need to choose the examination center from the drop-down menu. Enter your Father’s name, mother’s name, your complete address, education details.
- Click on “Save & Exit” button if you want to continue the next step later or click on the later to proceed to the next step which is uploading of documents.
Step 4: Upload Documents
- After filling in all the necessary information, next, you have to upload the necessary images/ documents.
Step 5: Pay Application Fee
- Once you have uploaded the documents, click on the “Save & Go to payment” button to pay the requisite amount of the application fee.
- Choose the mode of payment and pay the application fee.
Step 6: Take the print of the application form
- The last and final step is to submit the application form and take its print out. The candidates must keep the print carefully.
- The candidates who have to send the application form via post with the DD mode of payment must make sure that they do not damage the printed copy.
Check Eligibility To Fill the NID Application Form 2020
The candidates can check whether or not they are eligible to fill the NID Application Form. The course wise eligibility is given in the points below:
B.DES./GDPD: For the Indian nationals
The upper age limit is:
- 20 years as on June 30, 2020
- 23 years as on June 30, 2020 (OBC-NCL, SC, and ST)
- 25 years as on June 30, 2020 (PWD)
The lower age limit is:
- Born on or after July 01, 2000
- Born on or after July 01, 1997 (OBC-NCL, SC, and ST)
- Born on or after July 01, 1995 (PWD)
Educational Qualification needed is:
Passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2019–20 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
B.DES./GDPD: For the Foreign nationals
Upper age limit: 20 years as on 30 June 2020
Lower age limit: Born on or after July 01, 2000
Educational Qualification: Passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2019–20 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.)
M.DES COURSE: For the Indian Nationals
Upper age limit is:
- 30 years as on June 30, 2020
- 33 years as on June 30, 2020 (OBC-NCL, SC, and ST)
- 35 years as on June 30, 2020 (PWD)
Lower age limit is:
- Born on or after July 01, 1990
- Born on or after July 01, 1987 (OBC-NCL, SC, and ST)
- Born on or after July 01, 1985 (PWD)
Educational qualification needed is:
Bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard
Bachelor degree of minimum 3-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard
Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/ Architecture, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard
M.DES COURSE: For the Foreign Nationals
Upper age limit: 30 years as on June 30, 2020
Lower age limit: Born on or after July 01, 1990
Educational Qualification: Same as for the Indian national mentioned above.
- A Master’s level qualification 3 in Design,
- A Bachelor’s level qualification 4 in Design from NID, with a minimum of 3 years of professional or teaching experience
- Master’s degree in Philosophy (eg, M.Phil) in Design
- Successful completion of Faculty Development Programme of NID
of a similar program for the Design field of at least two years from any other recognized University.
NID Admit Card 2020
The candidates who fill the application form can download their admit card to appear in the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2020. The candidates can check their login for the admit card link and download the same and carry it to the exam center on the day of the exam. The admit card has the DAT exam day time and center. The candidates have to follow the instructions on the admit card. In addition to that, note that the admit card is released separately for the DAT prelims and mains exam.
National Institute of Design (NID) is located in 7 cities of the nation Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru, Kurukshetra, Bhopal, Jorhat, and Vijayawada. The admission is based on their national level entrance test known as the Design Aptitude Test (DAT), DAT is held in 2 stages – Prelims and Mains. NID offers Bachelor of Design program, Master of Design program and Graduate Diploma Programme in Design program. To take admission in any of these courses the candidates have to be eligible and qualify DAT 2020.
NID DAT 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : To apply for NID DAT, the candidate has to visit the official website of NID, fill the application form online before the due date, upload the document and make the payment of the application fee.
Ans : No. Candidate has to fill a common application form to apply for any of the campuses of NID.
Ans : To apply for NID DAT, candidates have to pay Rs 2000/- if comes in general category and Rs 1000/- if comes in SC/ST/PWD category.
Ans : No. NID DAT application form can be filled online only.
Ans : Photograph, Signature and Caste Certificate (if required) is to be attached with the application form.
Ans : The documents and details required to fill the DAT application form are - valid Email ID, valid and correct Mobile Number, mark sheets of Class 10th, 12th/ Graduation, Caste certificate (if required), Scanned images of photograph and signature, Disability Certificate, Passport (if available), and Credit Card/ Debit Card details if paying the application fee by Online mode
Ans : No. Application fee once paid in not refunded.
Ans : Candidate cannot make the changes in certain fields in the correction window and those fields are - Information related to eligibility criteria, Category, Email id, Citizenship applied, and Date of birth.
Ans : Applications form must be filled in online only, at admissions.nid.edu. You can pay the fees online through credit card/debit card or by emailing a demand draft. In both cases, remember to take a print of your completed application form to keep for future reference. Candidates paying fees by Demand Draft are required to send a printed copy of their application form along with the Demand Draft (via Speed Post/Courier) to the address below: The Project Manager – CMS All India Management Association Management House, 14 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road New Delhi 110 003
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.