Saveetha University has released notification for admission to MDS Degree Course for the session 2017-18 for NEET MDS 2017 Qualified candidates (for all categories including NRI quota). Candidates can check all the details of Saveetha University MDS Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure and other information through this page below.
Saveetha University MDS Admission 2017 through NEET MDS
Candidates seeking admission in MDS Degree Course have to fill the Application Form on or before the last date. Candidates are request to read all the conditions who are applying for this course.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) is a DCI approved 3 year postgraduate course for speciality training in India. The course include didactic, clinical and research components required for academic tenure qualification to become a professor in the respective speciality.
Schedule for Saveetha University MDS Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last Date for Submission of MDS online Application||31 Jan 2017|
|Publication of Merit List||02 Feb 2017|
|Counselling and admission procedures||09 Feb 2017|
|College Opens||01 Mar 2017|
Application Form for admission to MDS Degree Course 2017-18 for NEET MDS Qualified Candidates is over now. Last date for submission of application form was 31 Jan 2017.
The rank list has been published below and eligible candidates should appear for counselling on the said date and time. The counselling has been commenced on 09.02.2017 at 8.00 am at Saveetha Dental College. Seat allotment will be done based on the rank list subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should be present for the counselling at appointed date and time without fail.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to bring the prescribed tuition fees in Demand Draft in favour of Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals payable at Chennai to attend counselling.
- In case of candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination, the candidate with higher score in the qualifying examination will be given preference.
- Candidates who are not present for counselling on the specified date and time do not have any rights to claim any seat.
- The Candidate should be present for the counselling accompanied by a parent / guardian.
- If a candidate had submitted wrong information he /she will be disqualified from counselling.
- The aptitude of the candidate will also be evaluated at the time of counselling.
- If the conduct of the candidate or their relative is not proper during counselling, the institute has the right to disqualify them from the admission process.
Click here to view MDS 2017 First Counselling Rank List.
Vacancy status will be posted on 10 Feb 2017 and the waitlisted students will be invited for the second round of counselling.
The following original documents with three sets of attested photocopies should be submitted at the time of counselling if selected.
- Degree certificate & Provisional Pass Certificate of the Qualifying Examination.
- NEET Scorecard (it is required to verify the scores online)
- Mark Certificate from First year to Final year B.D.S.
- Proof of Date of Joining Internship or Proof of Date of Completion of Internship.
- Prescribed tuition fee in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals payable at Chennai.
- Proof of date of birth.
- Community certificate
- Attempt certificate from First to Final B.D.S.
- Certificate of vaccination against Hepatitis B
- Three stamp size photographs
- Eight Passport size photographs
- State Dental Council Registration Certificate. (If the candidate has completed internship).
- Transfer certificate from the Institution last studied. (If the candidate has completed internship).
- Conduct certificate from the Institution last studied (If the candidate has completed internship).
- Migration Certificate (If the candidate has completed internship).
Candidates who did their Undergraduate Dental education in India should have completed Internship by 31 March 2017.
Candidates who did their Undergraduate Dental education outside India should have special permission from DCI.
The Candidates once selected for admission should pay the following fees at the time of admission and thereafter in the month of March every year. The fees once paid will not be refunded. In case the candidate wants to discontinue/ withdraw during the middle of the course, he/she has to pay the entire course fee (for three years) before discontinuing from the course.
Apart from the annual fees, the following has to be paid at the time of admission. These fees should also be paid as Demand Drafts in favour of Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals payable at Chennai.
- Admission Fee: Rs. 5,000
- University Registration Fee: Rs. 3,500
- Eligibility Fee: Rs. 1,500
- Admissions Kit Fees: Rs. 5,000
- Caution deposit: Rs. 25,000 (Refundable at the end of the Course)
- Hostel and transport fees are separate.
There are numerous students who want to study MDS only at Saveetha. We feel it will be a great disservice to these candidates if half-minded candidates block their opportunity only to leave the seat vacant later. To discourage such irresponsible behaviour, we have a very strict refund policy. This way we want to make sure the admission process is fair and balanced. The Candidate shall claim all the original certificates only after obtaining no dues from all departments