SLIET SET 2021 – Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) has released the application form at sliet.ac.in. The last date to apply for SET-I/SET-III is extended up to July 15, 2021 and for SET-V/SET-VI/VII is July 30, 2021. Qualified candidates are granted admission in various fields such as Humanities, Engineering, Technology, Sciences, and Management. The admission for the ICD Programme and ICD-Lateral Entry is based on merit basis, the duration of the same is 3 hours. The SLIET SIET question paper consists of MCQ type question with one correct answer. SLIET conducts the SLIET examination in 16 test centers all over India The examination dates and other important dates for SLIET SET 2021 for various courses are provided in the table stated below. For more information on SLIET SET 2021, candidates must read the article given below.
– The last date to apply for extended up to July 30, 2021. Click here to fill the form.
– SLIET SET-I / SET-III / SET-V / SET-VI / VII 2021 Exam will be held on August 27, 2021. Scroll down to check more details.
SLIET SET 2021
SLIET has divided the admission for UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses into several sets such as SET I, SET IA, SET III, SET IV, and SET V. SET I is for the candidates who want to take admission in Integrated Certificate Diploma (ICD), SET IA for Lateral Entry in ICD, SET III for B.E. Programme (Lateral Entry), SET IV for MBA program, SET V for Ph.D and SET-VI/ VII for M.Sc and M.Tech. The admissions for the B.E. program (Non-Lateral Entry) will be taken on the basis of the score secured in JEE Main for the following academic year.
Candidates may check out the schedule SLIET SET 2021 given below:
|Last date for receipt of complete application Form (SET-I/SET-III)|
|Last date for receipt of complete application Form (SET-V/SET-VI/VII)|
30 Jul 2021
|Dates of Examination|
|B.E. (Lateral Entry) (SET-III)|
|M. Tech (SET-VII)|
|Ph.D. Programme (SET-V)|
|Ph.D. Entrance Examination Result|
|B.E. (Lateral Entry) (SET-III) Result|
|Merit Preparation for ICD Programme||05 Aug 2021|
Click here to check SLIET SET 2021 Admission Schedule.
SLIET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to 3 Year ICD Programme, the candidates should have passed their 10th class (Pass in English, Mathematics and Science is compulsory) from a State Education Board/CBSE/ICSE/ National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized/approved by MHRD, Government of India. Those who are appearing in matriculation examination may also apply subject to producing the result at the time of admission.
- For admission to Lateral Entry ICD (2nd year) in addition to 10th passed as above, must have passed full time 2 years ITI course/Certificate/10+2 (vocational) in relevant trade with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) from Govt./Semi Govt Institute along with 2 years industrial experience from Govt./Semi Govt. and Private Industry of repute.
SLIET SET 2021 Application Form
The application form for SLIET SET 2021 is available on the official website. Applicants should not send more than one Registration and if such case happens then his/her candidature shall be canceled by SLIET. In the SLIET SET application form, candidates will be asked to fill and upload the details such as personal information, educational qualification, communication details, scanned photograph, and signature. It is advised to all the aspiring candidates to first check the eligibility criteria before applying for the same.
Application Fee: Candidates need to pay the application fee for SLIET SET 2021 through Debit/Credit/Net Banking of any Indian authorized bank.
- General and Other Categories (Boys) – Rs 1750/-
- SC / ST & Girls – Rs. 1250/-
18% GST & Bank Charges Extra
Mode of payment – Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
Important Documents: For successful registration, candidates have to upload the following documents in prescribed format.
|Name of Documents||Specs|
|Photograph||Recent and Colored. |
Should be taken on or after March 5,2021
Name and Date should mentioned on the photo.
Unclear, Polaroid are rejected
Cap and Goggles are not allowed
SLIET SET 2021 Important Certificate
- Undertaking in lieu of OBC-NCL certificate
- Undertaking in lieu of EWS certificate
- Undertaking in lieu of Income certificate
- Undertaking in lieu of Punjab Domicile certificate
- Undertaking in lieu of Eligibility certificates
SLIET SET 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website sliet.ac.in. All the candidates are required to take a printout of their Admit Cards from the respective login after July 06, 2021. In case of any difficulty in printing /downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact/inform the issuing authority immediately. The form/roll number is the prime means for locating the application and it should always be quoted in all correspondence and enquiries. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
SLIET SET 2021 Exam Centre
Candidates must check out the last year exam centers given below to fill the right preferences in the application form.
|Name of Test Centre||CODE|
SLIET SET 2021 Merit List
All admissions will be made purely on merit determined for admission. In case of tie among two or more candidates, elder candidate in age as per the relevant entry in the matriculation certificate shall be placed higher in merit. Again, if there is tie in age (date of birth), candidate having higher marks in qualifying examination shall be placed higher in merit. Wrong filling of Date of Birth in Application Form will lead to disqualification of candidature
- For admission in ICD programme, a common merit list for each programme shall be prepared and the candidate will be allotted trade/branch/specialization as per his/her meritin order of choices and the availability of seats.
- For Admission in ICD (2nd Year) under lateral entry, candidate has to appear in test.
- For Admission to M.Tech. programme It will be through Centralized Counseling for M. Tech. / M. Plan (CCMT-2021) in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by MNIT, Jaipur for the session 2021-22.
- For admission to M.Sc. programmes, Admission to M.Sc. will be through CCMN-2021. The candidates will also be considered based on PU-CET (PG)-2021 Panjab University, Chandigarh, CUCET or JAM. There shall be a minimum cut off marks for admission to M.Sc. Programmes.
- For admission to Ph.D. programs will be based on Two Stage Process as per UGC. (Entrance test, interview).
SLIET SET 2021 Result
SLIET result will be released in the form of the Merit List. The Institute published a separate merit list for each set. The merit list for SET III, SET V, SET VI and SET VII will be made on the basis of the ranking secured in the SLIET SET 2021. The result for B.E. programme (Non-Lateral Entry) is based on the score in JEE Main and counseling through CSAB/JoSAA-2021 and for MBA, the merit list is prepared on the basis of the ranking secured in CAT/CMAT/GATE. For M.Sc. merit list has been prepared on the basis of CCMN-2021/PUCET(PG) 2021/CUCET/JAM for the following academic year.
SLIET SET 2021 Tie Breaking Criteria: In case, 2 or more candidates score the same marks, then the ranking is made on the basis of the following tie breaking criteria.
- Older candidate is ranked higher.
- After so, the students with more marks in qualification exam, is ranked higher.
SLIET SET 2021 Reservation Criteria
The SLIET has levied the following reservation criteria for the benefit for the following categories.
|Name of Category||Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||5%|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Quota for Punjab State (excluding Chandigarh)||75%|
|Quota for Other States and U.T. (including Chandigarh)||25%|
SLIET SET 2021 Counselling
There will be Online counseling for all the programme (except Ph.D.). The exact schedule of Online Counseling, document verification and submission of admission fee will be displayed on the Institute website sliet.ac.in. After provisional allotment of seat, the candidate is required to report for document verification and depositing the balance admission fees (if any) at SLIET Campus, Longowal. The seat allotted provisionally will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get the documents verified and fee deposited during the prescribed period. No separate Call Letters will be sent to the candidates for Counseling/Document Verification/Deposit of Admission Fee. However, if candidate fails to participate in counseling in time due to any reason, he/she may appear in the next available counseling.
Such candidates will have to keep track of the next available counseling schedule which will be displayed on Institute website and participate therein without waiting for any intimation in this regard. His/her claim in such subsequent counseling in which he/she may participate be considered in accordance with his/her merit/choice and availability of seats in a particular trade/ branch/specialization. Candidate will be required to submit academic copy of fee deposit receipt and obtain a Final Seat Allotment Card after document verification and fee deposit to complete the admission process. The steps to be followed for online counseling and eligibility conditions for participating in each round of Counseling will be made available before the start of ONLINE COUNSELLING at sliet.ac.in.
For Ph.D. programmes counseling will take place on Sept 03, 2021 and qualified candidates has to appear personally on the day of counseling and bring original documents mandatory for the admission, which will be displayed on website at time of declaration of result.
SLIET 2021 Withdrawal of Admission
In case, the student is not satisfied with the obtained seat or course, they can simply file for withdrawal of admission. For doing so, they need to make a written request to the SET officer. However, the refund of fee is only initiated after the officer has approved the request. Candidate first have to obtain the no dues certificate, the filled original has to submitted in the accounts office and the copy to the admission office. Thereafter, the refund is made.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) has released the 2021 fee structure on its official website. Candidates can check out the last year fee structure for the academic year 2021-22 for admission in various courses such as Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD), B.E, M. Tech, M.B.A., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Candidates who will take admission in SLIET can check the complete fee structure given below.
The fee structure for the NRI candidates are as follows.
Previous year question papers
|SET V Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET 1 & 1A Answer Key Question Booklet|
|SET-III (Group A) Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET-III (Group B) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
|SET-III (GROUP C) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
For more details on SLIET SET 2021, candidates can download last year Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.