The Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) offers admission to the various streams of Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities and Management. The Institute conducts the SLIET Entrance Test (SET) for admission to various programmes. Interested candidates can apply for SLIET SET 2018 at the University’s official website, i.e., sliet.ac.in. the application is available in online mode only. The result of the entrance test is published online. No printed information will be sent to candidates in this regard. Know more about SLIET SET 2018 from the article below.
SLIET SET 2018
The Institute offers admission the following programs:
- Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD)
- M. Tech
Schedule for the SLIET SET 2018 is given below:
|Last date for submitting the online application||07 May 2018|
|Last date for modification/correction of information
|11 May 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||15 to 30 May 2018|
|SLIET SET 2018 exam date||03 Jun 2018|
|Release date of answer key||04 Jun 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application
for Ph.D program
|11 Jun 2018|
|SLIET SET 2018 exam date for Ph.D program||01 Jul 2018|
|Group Discussion & Interview for MBA||04 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of Result for Ph.D. written Test||06 Jul 2018|
|Interview for Ph.D||16 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of Result for MBA & Ph.D Program||20 Jul 2018|
|Choice filling will begin from||Jun 14 2018|
On completing the application process, the registration page should be sent by registered/ speed post, before the last date. It is important to submit the registration page or otherwise, the application process will be considered incomplete.
- Certificate Programme
- Degree Programme
- M.Tech. Programme
- MBA Programmes
- M.Sc. Programmes
- Ph.D. Programmes
SET-I & SET-IA (Three Year ICD (Integrated Certificate Diploma) programme)
- Should have passed matric from a State Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized/approved by MHRD, Government of India. Those who are appearing in the matriculation examination are also eligible to apply, subject to producing the result at the time of admission
- It is compulsory to pass in English, Mathematics and Science subjects.
Lateral Entry ICD (2nd year)
- In addition to the matric pass, the candidate should have also passed full time 2 years ITI/Certificate/10+2 (vocational) in relevant stream with 50% marks (reserved categories candidates require 45%).
- The candidate should also have 2 years industrial experience from Govt./Semi Govt. and Private Industry.
B.E Programme (admission through JEE MAIN)
Candidates are advised to refer our JEE Mains 2018 eligibility page. The eligibility conditions of JEE Main 2018 will be applicable.
SET-III (B.E. (Lateral Entry))
- Should possess a Diploma in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The candidate should have obtained atleast 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) for admission to the appropriate B.E. programmes
- The candidates appearing for the final examination may also eligible to apply.
- Should possess a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree from a recognized University/Institute in the appropriate branch.
Should have passed section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers (India) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of experience in a reputed organization.
- The candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks (in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories, minimum marks is 55%) in the qualifying degree.
- Should have a valid GATE score
- For Industry-Institute sponsored category seats, admission will be granted, if the candidate posses a B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in the respective stream.
SET-IV (MBA Program)
Should have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree, B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc., B.Com or completed Graduation with Economics and Mathematics or possess a master’s degree in any discipline from any recognised university with atleast 55% marks. Whereas in case of students belonging to SC/ST, should have obtained atleast 50% marks.
Should possess a B.Sc degree in the concerned subject(Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in aggregate from any recognized University.
SET-V (Ph.D. Programme)
Should possess a Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines.
SLIET SET 2018 Application Form
- The registration and application process is now available at the University’ s website, sliet.ac.in.
- In case candidates register for more than one program, his registration will be rejected.
- Register by entering the basic details like Date of Birth (DOB), Address, State, City, Religion, Contact / Mobile Numbers and Email.
- Information once submitted in the registration, cannot be edited or modified.
- Fill in other required details in the online application, select the mode of payment and make payment for the application fee.
- On submitting the application form, candidates will receive the Form Number and Password on their mobile Number.
- Once the payment is confirmed, the online Registration Page will be available for print.
- Take the print out of the Registration Page and send the duly filled in / signed registration page in an envelope by only Registered/Speed Post to THE CHAIRMAN SET-2018, SANT LONGOWAL INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY (SLIET), LONGOWAL – 148106 (DISTT. SANGRUR), PUNJAB.
The application fee can be paid by either of the following modes.
|General & Other Categories (Boys)||Rs. 1200/-|
|General & Other Categories (Girls)||Rs. 800/-|
|SC / ST (Boys and Girls)||Rs. 600/-|
SLIET SET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card of SLIET SET 2018 can be downloaded from the University’s website. Candidate have to download it and take two print out of that. One admit card has to be deposited at examination center at the time of examination and other copy will be retained by the candidate for future use. The candidates are able to download the admit card by entering the Form Number and Password as provided at the time of application process. The SLIET SET 2018 Admit card will consist of basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue of the examination. Candidates who will not bring the admit card at the examination centre will not be allowed to sit for the test.
SLIET SET 2018 Result
The result of the SLIET Entrance Test is published online on the University’s website. The result is published in the form of merit list. The admission to various programs will be granted on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination. The merit list for admission to the academic session 2018 is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the SLIET SET 2018. Candidates are able to check their result by entering the Form Number and Password.
SLIET SET 2018 Counselling
There will be Online counselling for all the programmes (except for MBA & Ph.D). On the basis of the merit, selected candidates will be allowed to appear/ participate for counselling. Selected candidates will be required to fill their choices of the desired stream/specialization/institute. On the basis of the choices filled, merit list and availability of seats, candidates will be allotted institute. However, the admission will be granted only on submission of the required documents.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) has released fee structure for the academic year 18-19 for admission in various courses such as Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD), B.E, M. Tech, M.B.A., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Candidates who are going to take admission in SLIET can check the complete fee structure. For the sake of the candidates we have provided the SLIET 2018 Fee Structure below.
Course Intake, Duration and Syllabus for Entrance Test
SLIET has released total number of seats, its distribution, Duration of courses and Syllabus for entrance test. Candidates who are going to fill the application form and will appear in the SLIET SET 2018 Entrance exam can check all these details, Candidates must know all these details so that they can get solution of their query regarding above concerned topics.
Previous year question papers
|SET V Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET 1 & 1A Answer Key Question Booklet|
|SET-III (Group A) Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET-III (Group B) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
|SET-III (GROUP C) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.
For more details on SLIET SET 2018, download information brochure.