|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology Entrance Test is SLIET Entrance Test. All India SLIET Entrance Test (SET 2017) will be held in the month of June 2017, exact schedule of SLIET SET 2017 is given below. SLIET SET 2017. Application form is available as per the schedule. Candidates can check all the details regarding SLIET SET 2017 like Application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest – SLIET SET 2017 First Phase Allotment has been announced. To Check, Click on the “Counselling” link below.
The Institute offers modular pattern of education in emerging areas of Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities and Management. Following Programmes are offered by the institute:
|Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD) (1st yr.)
Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD) (2nd yr.)
|SET- III||B.E. (2nd yr.)|
Schedule for the SLIET SET 2017 is given below.
|Start of Online application process||29 Mar 2017|
|Closure of Online application (SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III/SET-IV)||08 May 2017|
|Closure of Online application (SET-V)||14 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test (SET-I, SET-IA, SET-III)||04 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test (SET-V)||02 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Result (SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III)||13 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of Result (MBA & Ph.D Programme)||07 Jul 2017|
- Certificate Programme
- Diploma Programme
- Degree Programme
- M.Tech. Programme
- MBA Programmes
- M.Sc. Programmes
- Ph.D. Programme
|ICD(Integrated Certificate Diploma) Programme||The minimum qualification for admission to the 3 Year ICD Programme is Matric pass(Passin English, Mathematics and Science is compulsory) from a State Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized / approved by MHRD, Government of India. Those who are appearing in matriculation
examination may also apply subject to producing the result at the time of admission.
|For admission to Lateral Entry ICD (2nd year) in addition to the matric pass as above, must have passed full time 2 years ITI/Certificate/10+2 (vocational) in relevant trade with 50% marks(45% for reserved categories) from Govt./Semi Govt Institute along with 2 years industrial experience from Govt./Semi Govt. and Private Industry of repute.|
|B.E.(4-Yr.)||Candidates are advised to refer to JEE (Main)-2017 website. The eligibility conditions of JEE (Main) -2017 will be applicable. (*The decision of Admission Committee regarding equivalency shall be final and binding upon the candidate).|
|B.E.(Lateral Entry)||All candidates who have passed Diploma course in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), securing 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) are eligible to compete for admission to the appropriate B.E. programmes. Those who are appearing in final examination may also apply.|
|M.Tech Programme||Holds a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree of recognized University/Institute in the appropriate branch OR has passed Section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers (India) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of professional experience in reputed organization. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in aggregate in qualifying degree.|
|Must have a valid GATE score.|
|For appropriate branches at graduate level eligible for admission in various M.Tech. courses, candidates are advised to refer to website of CCMT – 2017.|
|MBA Programme||A Bachelor’s Degree, B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc., B.Com or Graduation with Economics and Mathematics from any recognised university with 55% or more marks(50% or more marks for students belong to SC/ST).OR A Master’s degree in any discipline of any recognized university with 55% or more marks(50% or more marks for students belong to SC/ST).|
|M.Sc Programme||The minimum eligibility for admission to Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes will be at least 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the aggregate in qualifying examination as mentioned here under:
(i) M.Sc. (Physics) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Physics as one of the subject.
(ii) M.Sc. (Chemistry) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Chemistry as one of the subject.
(iii) M.Sc. (Mathematics) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics as one of the subject.
Note: Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMN-2017 for admission in SLIET shall also be applicable
SLIET SET Exam Pattern
- There will be only one paper of two & half hours duration and of 150 marks for SET-I, SET-1A & SET-III. For SET-V, itshall be of two hours duration and having 100 marks.
- The syllabi and distribution of marksfor SET-I,SET-1A & SET-III, SET-IV and SET-V are given in the Chapter-III, IV, V ,VII and IX respectively and all the syllabus can also be downloaded from the institute website www.sliet.ac.in.
- Note : There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4th) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted for SET-I, SET-IA and SET-III. There shall be NO NEGATIVE marking for SET-V (Ph.D. Programmes). However, no deduction of marks will be made if no response is indicated for an item in the OMR Answer Sheet. The candidates appearing for Examination are advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked. All objective type questions are required to be answered on OMR Answer Sheet to be provided at the time of Examination. Answers are to be marked using ball point pen (black / blue) only.
Medium of Examination
The medium of entrance examination for SET-IA, SET-II, SET-III and SET-V will be English. However, for candidates appearing in the entrance test for 3 -Year ICD Program (SET-I), question paper for Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics will be provided in English, Hindi & Punjabi language as per choice of the candidate filled in the application form at the time of registration.
Reservation of Seats
The distribution of seats and admission procedure for Direct Entry seats and Vertical Entry seats is given in Chapter III & IV for 3 year ICD Programme, & B.E. Programme respectively.
Note: The procedure for vertical promotion shall be as per policy framed by Institute from time to time.
Seats to which reservation apply: There shall be no reservation (SC / ST / OBC / PH) in case of admission by vertical promotion from certificate course to diploma course and diploma course to B.E.( Lateral Entry) course. The reservation of seats shall be available only in the direct entry seats meant for admission to ICD/B.E./Post-graduate/Ph.D. programmes.
Extent of Reservation* : The extent of reservation will be as under:-
- a) For Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15%
- For Scheduled Tribes(ST) – 7.5%
- For Physically Handicapped (PH) – 3% (within respective category including General Category)
- For Other Backward Classes(OBC) – 27%
- Few seats are available to NRI/Foreign Nationals in UG/PG programmes under DASA scheme. No vertical promotion system is available to the students admitted under NRI Category.
- Students admitted in 2nd year of ICD programme through SET-IA will also not be considered for promotion to the higher module under the vertical promotion scheme of the institute.
Academic Structure at SLIET Longowal
SLIET SET Answer Key
The SLIET is conducting 04 Jun 2017 and SLIET Entrance Test 2017 Answer Keys will be uploaded on the website after exam. The candidates who are appearing in the SLIET SET 2017 can check the official Answer Key ere and estimate their marks.
Download SLIET SET 2016 Question paper & Answer Key here
|SET V Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET 1 & 1A Answer Key Question Booklet|
|SET-III (Group A) Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET-III (Group B) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
|SET-III (GROUP C) Answer Key & Question Booklet|