SLIET SET 2020: Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) has revised the SLIET SET 2020 exam dates. It conducts SLIET SET every year for taking admissions in various UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. The last date to apply online has been extended up to July 15, 2020. SLIET grants admission in various fields such as Humanities, Engineering, Technology, Sciences, and Management. The examination dates and other important dates for SLIET SET 2020 for various courses are provided in the table stated below. For more information on SLIET SET 2020, candidates must read the article given below.
– Date for receiving Online Application is extended up to July 15, 2020. Apply Here.
– SET-I/IA, SET-III exam date is August 09, 2020. SET-V exam date is August 23, 2020.
SLIET SET 2020
SLIET has divided the admission for UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses into several sets such as SET I, SET IA, SET III, SET IV, and SET V. SET I is for the candidates who want to take admission in Integrated Certificate Diploma (ICD), SET IA for Lateral Entry in ICD, SET III for B.E. Programme (Lateral Entry), SET IV for MBA program, SET V for Ph.D. The admissions for the B.E. program (Non-Lateral Entry) will be taken on the basis of the score secured in JEE Main for the following academic year.
Candidates may check out the schedule SLIET SET 2020 given below:
|Last date for receipt of complete application Form (SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III)|
|Last date for Modification/correction of information (Category/State Quota/Income)|
|Last date for receipt of complete application Form (SET-V & PG)|
|Dates of Examination|
|3-Year ICD Program (SET-I)|
|Lateral Entry to ICD(2nd Year)(SET-IA)|
|Ph.D. Programme (SET-V)|
|Ph.D. Entrance Examination Result|
- Certificate Programme
- Degree Programme
- M.Tech. Programme
- MBA Programmes
- M.Sc. Programmes
- Ph.D. Programmes
SLIET SET 2020 Revised Dates
SLIET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to 3 Year ICD Programme, the candidates should have passed their 10th class (Pass in English, Mathematics and Science is compulsory) from a State Education Board/CBSE/ICSE/ National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized/approved by MHRD, Government of India. Those who are appearing in matriculation examination may also apply subject to producing the result at the time of admission.
- For admission to Lateral Entry ICD (2nd year) in addition to 10th passed as above, must have passed full time 2 years ITI course/Certificate/10+2 (vocational) in relevant trade with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) from Govt./Semi Govt Institute along with 2 years industrial experience from Govt./Semi Govt. and Private Industry of repute.
SLIET SET 2020 Application Form
The application form for SLIET SET 2020 is available on the official website. Applicants should not send more than one Registration and if such case happens then his/her candidature shall be canceled by SLIET. In the SLIET SET application form, candidates will be asked to fill and upload the details such as personal information, educational qualification, communication details, scanned photograph, and signature. It is advised to all the aspiring candidates to first check the eligibility criteria before applying for the same.
Application Fee: Candidates need to pay the application fee for SLIET SET 2020 through Debit/Credit/Net Banking of any Indian authorized bank.
- General and Other Categories (Boys) – Rs 1750/-
- General and Other Categories (Girls) – Rs. 1250/-
- SC/ST Categories (Boys & Girls) – Rs 1000/-
Mode of payment – E-Challan/Net-banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
SLIET SET 2020 Exam Pattern
The medium of entrance examination for SET-IA, SET-III and SET-V will be English. However, for candidates appearing in the entrancetest for 3 Year ICD Program(SET-I), question paper for Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics will be provided in English, Hindi & Punjabi language as per choice of the candidate filled in the application form at the time of registration.
SLIET SET 2020 Exam Centre
Candidates must check out the exam centers given below to fill the right preferences in the application form.
SLIET SET 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card can be downloaded from Institute website sliet.ac.in. All the candidates are required to take a printout of their Admit Cards from the respective login after May 25, 2020. In case of any difficulty in printing /downloading the Admit Card, the candidate should contact / inform the issuing authority immediately but not later than May 29, 2020. The form/roll number is the prime means for locating the application and itshould always be quoted in all correspondence and enquiries. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. The admit card meant for candidate should be preserved carefully.
SLIET SET 2020 Result
SLIET result will be released in the form of the Merit List. The Institute published the separate merit list for each set. The merit list for SET I, SET IA, SET III, and SET V will be made on the basis of the ranking secured in the SLIET SET 2020. The result for B.E. programme (Non-Lateral Entry) will be based on the score in JEE Main and counseling through CSAB/JoSAA-2020 and for MBA, the merit list is prepared on the basis of the ranking secured in CAT/CMAT/GATE. For M.Sc. merit list has been prepared on the basis of CCMN-2020/PUCET(PG) 2020/CUCET/JAM for the following academic year.
SLIET SET 2020 Merit List
All admissions will be made purely on merit determined for admission. In case of tie among two or more candidates, elder candidate in age as per the relevant entry in the matriculation certificate shall be placed higher in merit. Again, if there is tie in age (date of birth), candidate having higher marks in qualifying examination shall be placed higher in merit. Wrong filling of Date of Birth in Application Form will lead to disqualification of candidature
- For admission in ICD programme, a common merit list for each programme shall be prepared and the candidate will be allotted trade/branch/specialization as per his/her meritin order of choices and the availability of seats.
- For Admission in ICD (2nd Year) under lateral entry, candidate has to appear in test.
- For Admission to M.Tech. programme It will be through Centralized Counseling for M. Tech. / M. Plan (CCMT-2020) in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by MNIT, Jaipur for the session 2020-21.
- For admission to M.Sc. programmes, Admission to M.Sc. will be through CCMN-2020. The candidates will also be considered based on PU-CET (PG)-2020 Panjab University, Chandigarh, CUCET or JAM. There shall be a minimum cut off marks for admission to M.Sc. Programmes.
- For admission to Ph.D. programs will be based on Two Stage Process as per UGC. (Entrance test, interview).
SLIET SET 2020 Counselling
There will be Online counseling for all the programmes (except for PG and Ph.D.). The exact schedule of Online Counseling, document verification and submission of admission fee will be displayed on the Institute website sliet.ac.in. After provisional allotment of seat, the candidate is required to report for document verification and depositing the balance admission fees (if any) at SLIET Campus, Longowal. The seat allotted provisionally will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get the documents verified and fee deposited during the prescribed period. No separate Call Letters will be sent to the candidates for Counseling/Document Verification/Deposit of Admission Fee. However, if candidate fails to participate in counseling in time due to any reason, he/she may appear in the next available counseling.
Such candidates will have to keep track of the next available counseling schedule which will be displayed on Institute website and participate therein without waiting for any intimation in this regard. His/her claim in such subsequent counseling in which he/she may participate be considered in accordance with his/her merit/choice and availability of seats in a particular trade/ branch/specialization. Candidate will be required to submit academic copy of fee deposit receipt and obtain a Final Seat Allotment Card after document verification and fee deposit to complete the admission process. The steps to be followed for online counseling and eligibility conditions for participating in each round of Counseling will be made available before the start of ONLINE COUNSELLING at sliet.ac.in.
For Ph.D. programmes OFFLINE counseling will take place on July 23, 2020 and qualified candidates has to appear personally on the day of counseling and bring original documents mandatory for the admission, which will be displayed on website at time of declaration of result.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) has released the 2020 fee structure on its official website. Candidates can check out the fee structure for the academic year 2020-21 for admission in various courses such as Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD), B.E, M. Tech, M.B.A., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Candidates who will take admission in SLIET can check the complete fee structure given below.
Previous year question papers
|SET V Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET 1 & 1A Answer Key Question Booklet|
|SET-III (Group A) Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET-III (Group B) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
|SET-III (GROUP C) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
For more details on SLIET SET 2020, candidates can Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.