|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
The Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) offers admission to the various streams of Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities and Management. The Institute conducts the SLIET Entrance Test (SET) for admission to various programmes. Interested candidates can apply for SLIET SET 2018 at the University’s official website, i.e., sliet.ac.in. the applications will be available in online mode only.
On completing the application process, the registration page should be sent by registered/ speed post, before the last date. It is important to submit the registration page or otherwise, the application process will be considered incomplete. The admit card and result of the entrance test will be published online no. No printed information will be sent to candidates in this regard. Know more about SLIET SET 2018 from the article below.
SLIET SET 2018
The Institute offers admission the following programs:
- Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD)
- M. Tech
Schedule for the SLIET SET 2018 is given below:
|The online application will begin from||Last week of March 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application||Second week of May 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application for Ph.D program||Second week of June 2018|
|SLIET SET 2018 exam date||First week of June 2018|
|SLIET SET 2018 exam date for Ph.D program||First week of July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result for Ph.D Program||First week of July 2018|
|Choice filling will begin from||Second to third week of June 2018|
- Certificate Programme
- Degree Programme
- M.Tech. Programme
- MBA Programmes
- M.Sc. Programmes
- Ph.D. Programme
SET-I & SET-IA (Three Year ICD (Integrated Certificate Diploma) programme)
- Should have passed matric from a State Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School or an equivalent examination recognized/approved by MHRD, Government of India
- It is compulsory to pass in English, Mathematics and Science subjects.
- Those who are appearing in the matriculation examination are also eligible to apply, subject to producing the result at the time of admission
Lateral Entry ICD (2nd year)
- In addition to the matric pass, the candidate should have also passed full time 2 years ITI/Certificate/10+2 (vocational) in relevant stream with 50% marks (reserved categories candidates require 45%).
- The candidate should also have 2 years industrial experience from Govt./Semi Govt. and Private Industry.
SET-III (B.E. (Lateral Entry))
- Should possess a Diploma in any discipline from SLIET or from any other polytechnic affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The candidate should have obtained atleast 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) for admission to the appropriate B.E. programmes
- The candidates appearing for the final examination are also eligible to apply.
- Should possess a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree from a recognized University/Institute in the appropriate branch.
Should have passed section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers (India) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of experience in a reputed organization.
- The candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks (in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories, minimum marks is 55%) in the qualifying degree.
- Should have a valid GATE score
- For Industry-Institute sponsored category seats, admission will be granted, if the candidate posses a B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in the respective stream.
SET-IV (MBA Program)
Should have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree, B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc., B.Com or completed Graduation with Economics and Mathematics or possess a master’s degree in any discipline from any recognised university with atleast 55% marks. Whereas in case of students belonging to SC/ST, should have obtained atleast 50% marks.
Should possess a Bsc degree in the concerned subject with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in aggregate from any recognized University.
SET-V (Ph.D. Programme)
Should possess a Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines.
SLIET SET 2018 Application Form
- The registration and application process will be available at the University’ s website, sliet.ac.in.
- In case candidates wish to choose more than program, only one application should be send. More than one applications submitted will be rejected.
- Register by entering the basic details like Date of Birth (DOB), Address, State, City, Religion, Contact / Mobile Numbers and Email.
- Information once submitted in the registration, cannot be edited or modified.
- Fill in other required details in the online application, select the mode of payment and make payment for the application fee.
- On submitting the application form, candidates will receive the Form Number and Password on their mobile Number.
- Once the payment is confirmed, the online Registration Page will be available for print.
- Take the print out of the Registration Page and send the duly filled in / signed registration page in an envelope by Registered/Speed Post only.
The application fee can be paid by either of the following modes.
|General & Other Categories (Boys)||Rs. 1200/-|
|General & Other Categories (Girls)||Rs. 800/-|
|SC / ST (Boys and Girls)||Rs. 600/-|
SLIET SET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card of SLIET SET 2018 can be downloaded from the University’s website. The candidates will be able to download the admit card by entering the Form Number and Password as provided at the time of application process. The SLIET SET 2018 Admit card will consist of basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue of the examination. Candidates who will not bring the admit card at the examination centre will not be allowed to sit for the test.
SLIET SET 2018 Result
The result of the SLIET Entrance Test will be published online on the University’s website. The admission to various programs will be granted on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination. The merit list for admission to the academic session 2018 will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the SLIET SET 2018. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering the Form Number and Password.
SLIET SET 2018 Counselling
On the basis of the merit, selected candidates will be allowed to appear/ participate for counselling. Selected candidates will be required to fill their choices of the desired stream/specialization/institute. On the basis of the choices filled, merit list and availability of seats, candidates will be allotted institute. However, the admission will be granted only on submission of the required documents.
Previous year question papers
|SET V Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET 1 & 1A Answer Key Question Booklet|
|SET-III (Group A) Answer Key & Question Booklet||SET-III (Group B) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
|SET-III (GROUP C) Answer Key & Question Booklet|
Insofar, official details of SLIET SET 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology releases SLIET SET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.