WBJEE 2019 Result – WBJEE Board has announced WBJEE Result online, on wbjeeb.in. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) result, candidates need application number / roll number and date of birth. WBJEE Result 2019 is announced as rank card, in which score and rank in the exam are mentioned. The score for WBJEE 2019 is used for shortlisting the candidates for admission in Engineering/ Architecture/ Pharmacy degree courses. Qualifiers in the test are then eligible to appear for WBJEE 2019 Counselling. Check more details on WBJEE Result 2019 from this page.
WBJEE 2019 Result
The Board does not publish any rank list for the candidates. Only rank cards are issued to those candidates who appeared in WBJEE 2019. Check WBJEE 2019 result date from the table below.
|WBJEE 2019 Result||Important Dates|
|WBJEE 2019 exam date||26 May 2019|
|Declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result|
Check Here: Click Here to check WBJEE 2019 Result.
WBJEE 2019 Toppers
Candidates can check the list of top 10 rank holders for WBJEE 2019 from below:
- 1st rank: Soham Mistri, Model School, Durgapur
- 2nd rank: Tamizit Banerjee, South Point, Ballygunge
- 3rd rank: Kastav Sen, Durgargaon Model School of Hemisila
- 4th rank: the pledge, the South Point student
- 5th rank: Arak Das, Sarada Vidyapith, Sonar Puran Students
- 6th rank: Snehing Sen, Delhi Public School in Ruby Park
- 7th rank: Benith Raj Banpur River Sites School Chittaranjan
- 8th rank: Rishabh Agarwal Purbanchal Vidyamandar Saltlac
- 9th rank: Fanb Dutt Sudhir Memorial Institute Jashahar Road
- 10th rank: Suvjyototi Ghosh Hemshila Model School Durgapur
How to Check WBJEE Result 2019 If Forgot Password?
To check the WBJEE 2019 Result, candidates require to log in by entering their application number and password. However, if a candidate does not remember their password, they can retrieve it by simply following the instructions given below:
Step 1: Click on the direct link on this page for downloading the WBJEE 2019 Rank card.
Step 2: On the login page of the rank card, the candidates need to click on the link which says “Forgot Password”.
Step 3: Next, the candidates need to select any of one of the options – ‘Using Security Question & its Answer you chosen during Form filling or ‘Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile No’ or ‘Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address’.
Step 4: Click on the “continue” button and as per the medium you select, fill in the necessary information and you will get your password back.
How to Download WBJEE 2019 Rank Card?
Candidates can check their result for WBJEE 2019 by simply following instructions as given below:
Step 1: Click on the direct link which is provided on this page for downloading the WBJEE 2019 Rank Card.
Step 2: Next, the candidates have to log in by entering their application number and password.
Step 3: Click on the “Submit” button to submit the details.
Step 4: On submitting the login details, in the next screen candidates can download their rank card.
Step 5: Lastly, take a print out of the WBJEE Rank Card as it is required in the further admission process.
Details Mentioned on the WBJEE 2019 Rank Card
The WBJEE Rank Card 2019 contains the following information:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Application number
- Marks obtained in Mathematics – Paper 1
- Marks obtained in Physics and Chemistry – Paper 2
- Total marks secured in the examination
- Rank obtained by the candidates
- Merit Rank
- Category-wise rank
- Eligibility status for WBJEE 2019 Counselling
Sample Image of WBJEE Rank Card is given below…
How to Obtain a Duplicate Rank Card?
If a candidate needs a duplicate rank card after the completion of counseling and admission conducted by the Board, they will have to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by Demand Draft has drawn in favor of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. The candidates can apply for the request of a duplicate WBJEE 2019 Rank Card till August 31, 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Merit Ranks
The Board prepares two (02) separate Merit Ranks for WBJEE 2019 based on the papers for which a candidate appeared for. The two merit ranks prepared by the Board are:
General Merit Rank: (GMR)
- The GMR is prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- This list is applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-2 and paper-2 will secure both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off mark.
Pharmacy Merit Rank: (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-I will not get any rank.
WBJEE 2019 Tie Breaker Criteria
In the case of two or more candidates obtain an equal score in the entrance examination, in such a case the tie will be resolved by applying the following methods in the following order for WBJEE 2019 Result:
Tie-breaking Rule for GMR
- The candidate who will secure less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken
together will be considered higher in merit.
- Another scenario could if the tie still exists, the candidate who will score more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be placed higher. If this does not break the tie, the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together will be placed higher in merit.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference.
- Next method to break the tie could be to give preference to the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher if the tie is still not resolved. Followed by more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, and then more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions if the tie is still not resolved.
- If the tie is still not resolved by applying the above methods, then the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher.
- To break the tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher in merit.
- The final tie-breaker criteria will be by considering the date of birth of the candidate, The older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
Tie-breaking Rule for PMR
- Less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered if the tie is not resolved by applying the above methods. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
WBJEE Counselling 2019
After the declaration of result, the Board publishes the details for WBJEE 2019 Counselling. To participate in the counselling, candidates need to register first and then fill in the choice(s) of the course and college. The candidates are allotted the seat on the basis of their merit in the test, choices filled and the availability of seat. Before the counseling, the documents will be verified by the candidates at the reporting center. The reporting center address and other details will also be provided to the candidates.
WBJEE 2019 Participating Institutes
Candidates can check the previous year list of participating colleges, availability of seats, and branches below. The revised list is released after the declaration of the result.
- Click Here to open the above in a new window.