ACET 2020 – Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) has announced the Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) 2020. ACET October exam was conducted on October 10, 2020. The admit card of the exam was released on actuariesindia.org. ACET 2020 exam is conducted for the students who have completed their 10+2 and wants to build their career in Actuary. It is a computer-based test. The paper is of 3 hours duration and consists of multiple-choice questions. For qualifying ACET 2020, the candidates need to get minimum 50% marks. Get detailed information about ACET 2020 such as eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern etc.
– IAI has released the announcement for November 2020 Actuarial Exam Registration. Scroll down to check it.
– ACET 2020 October Result is announced. Click here to check it.
After qualifying ACET, the candidates have to register themselves for the membership which is compulsory for the students qualifying the exam. Check more information on ACET 2020 given in the table given below.
|ACET 2020||Dates for Oct 2020 Exam|
|ACET 2020 Registration starts from||13 Mar 2020|
|Last date to fill the Registration Form||30 Jun 2020|
|ACET 2020 Admit card release date||Over|
|ACET 2020 Exam Dates||10 Oct 2020|
|Declaration of ACET 2020 Result||Declared!|
|Last date to take student membership admisison||To be announced!|
|ACET 2021 Registration starts from||23 Oct 2020|
|Last date to fill the Registration Form||08 Oct 2020|
|ACET 2021 Admit card release date||to be announced|
|ACET 2021 Exam Dates||09 Jan 2021|
|Declaration of ACET 2021 Result||16 Jan 2021|
Update on ACET 2020
Announcement for November 2020 Actuarial Exam Registration –
- Click here to download the above notice.
ACET 2020 Result
The Institute releases the ACET 2020 result online on actuariesindia.org. To check the result candidates have to use their email id and password. To qualify the exam candidates need 50% marks overall. There is no sectional cutoff to qualify the exam. After the result is out the qualified candidates have to to complete the admission process to take student membership admission. The membership is needed if the candidates want to appear for the IAI examinations and complete the course. Read full details…
ACET Oct 2020 Examination Date – Announced!
Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) has announced the ACET Oct 2020 Examination dates. Check the official notification from below.
ACET 2020 Application Form
IAI has released the ACET 2020 Application Form online. Candidates can apply for the form after checking the eligibility criteria given on this page. The mode of applying for ACET 2020 is Online mode only.
How to Apply for ACET 2020?
Candidates can apply for ACET 2020 by following the steps given below.
- Click on the link given above on this page to apply for ACET 2020.
- A new page will appear, here candidates can click on the direct link to register for ACET 2020
- A new page with the registration box appears. Here candidates can enter all the asked details and complete the registration process.
- Then candidates are required to check their registered email id and by using the link available there they can fill the application form and upload their photograph.
- At last candidates can submit the required amount of application fee along with the application form.
Application Fee for ACET 2020
The application fee for ACET 2020 is Rs. 3000. Candidates must pay the application fee through Credit Card/Debit Card or by net banking.
ACET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for ACET 2020, candidates must check out the ACET 2020 Eligibility Criteria below:
- Age Limit: There is no Age limit to apply for ACET 2020.
- Qualifications: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination.
How to prepare for ACET 2020?
Candidates can check the preparation tips for ACET 2020 below.
- The syllabus of ACET 2020 includes sections like verbal, logical reasoning and data interpretation along with maths and statistics. So along with maths and statistics, candidates must pay equal attention to these sections also.
- Candidates must solve the mock paper which IAI provides as it can help them in learning the type of questions and time management skills.
- Candidates can go through the study material thoroughly and practice sums at a regular interval of time.
- Candidates must solve previous year question paper as it will help them to learn the level and pattern of the test.
Career options after clearing ACET 2020
Candidates can check the carrer options after clearing ACET 2020 below.
- Insurance companies: Life (24), Non-life including Health (24).
- Reinsurance companies: SwissRe, MunichRe, RGA, HannoverRe, GenRe.
- Consulting: MNCs such as Tower Watson, Mercer, Milliman and some Indian Consulting firms.
Off Showered Work
- Approximately 30 Units across India provide employment to about 1000+ actuarial workforce.
- Work domain: Pensions, Life Insurance, P&C,
- Organizations: Deloitte, WNS, Genpact, AonHewitt, Towers Watson, Swiss Re, E&Y and many others.
ACET 2020 Best Books to Prepare
For preparation of ACET 2020, candidates can refer the books given below:
|Books||Click Here to Buy|
|TOMATO (Test of Mathematics at Ten plus Two level)||Click Here to Buy|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Click Here to Buy|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Click Here to Buy|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Click Here to Buy|
|The Pearson and Guide to Verbal Ability and ||
Logical Reasoning for the CAT
|Click Here to Buy|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations||Click Here to Buy|
|High School English Grammar|
|Click Here to Buy|
|Word Power Made Easy||Click Here to Buy|
|Problem Solving Strategies||Click Here to Buy|
|Challenge and Thrill of Pre – College Mathematics||Click Here to Buy|
|Challenging Mathematical Problems|
with Elementary Solutions
|Click Here to Buy|
|An Excursion in Mathematics||Click Here to Buy|
|Problem Primer for the Olympiad||Click Here to Buy|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Click Here to Buy|
ACET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check out the ACET 2020 Syllabus below:
|Mathematics||Notation and Standard Functions|
|Statistics||Permutations and Combinations|
Measures of Location
Measures of Spread
Discrete random variables
Continuous random variables
|English||Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)|
English Usage or Grammar
Fill in the blanks
Analogies or Reverse Analogies
Meaning – Usage Match
Facts/ Inferences/ Judgement
|Logic||Number and Letter Series|
ACET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check out the ACET 2020 exam pattern given below.
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of the exam is 3 hours
- Mode of the Exam: The exam is a computer based test
- Language of the Question Paper: English
- Type of Questions: There are Multiple Choice Questions in the ACET 2020 exam
- Total Number of Questions: 70 MCQs
- Total Number of Marks: 100 Marks
- Marking Scheme- There will not be any negative marking for incorrect answers
Candidates can check the section wise distribution for marks in ACET 2020 below.
|ACET 2020 Sections||Marks|
|Section I (Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation)||75|
|Section II (English and Logical Reasoning)||25|
ACET 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for Actuarial Common Entrance Test has been released in the online mode at the official website of IAI. The registered candidates can download ACET 2020 admit card by entering the login details like registration id and password. Along with the admit card candidates are required to carry an original identity proof and scientific calculator. ACET hall ticket consists of the details like name and adress of the candidates, exam date, exam time, address of the test centre etc.
ACET 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates can check the list of exam centres for ACET 2020 May exam as given below:
Institute of Actuaries of India
Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) is a statutory body which was established in 2006 under the Actuaries Act 2006. The aim of IAI are:
- To encourage, uphold and develop the standards of professional education, training, knowledge, practice and conduct among the Actuaries;
- To promote the status of the Actuarial profession;
- Regulation of the practice by the Members of the profession of Actuary;
- Promotion of the knowledge and research in all the matters relevant to Actuarial Science and its application.
What does an Actuary means?
You can refer to the following pdf files to know about the roles, meaning and job profile of an Actuary:
- Introduction to the Actuarial Profession
- Role of An Actuary
- A Day in Life of an Actuary
Official Website: actuariesindia.org
For more information about ACET 2020 – Download Notification
acet 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) conducts the Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET).
Ans : Candidates can apply for ACET at actuariesindia.org.
Ans : Candidates are required to be passed in the 10+2 examination to appear for the ACET.
Ans : Candidates must reach at ACET 2020 exam center along 2 hours before the commencement of the test.
Ans : Candidates must go to the ACET exam center along with their admit card and valid original id proof (Hard copy).
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.