AIIMS PG 2020 – All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi has started the basis registration for AIIMS PG 2020 July session on the official website aiimsexams.org. AIIMS conducted the PG entrance examination for admission into courses like MD/MS/MCh (6 yr)/DM (6yr), MD (Hospital Administration), DM, and MC (3yr) courses. Candidates who fulfill the eligility criteria can fill online application form. Online exam for PG courses will be held on May 3, 2020. The admission into courses will be strictly mode on the basis of the merit-cum-choices basis. For more information about AIIMS PG 2020 read the article below.
AIIMS PG 2020
The city of the examination shall be allotted on a first-come-first-serve basis. However, it is subject to the availability of seats in the preferred city of the candidates. Interested candidates can check the important dates and events related to AIIMS PG 2020 below.
|AIIMS PG 2020||Important Date|
|Basic Registration start date||27 Nov 2019|
|Last date to Apply||10 Feb 2020 (by 5:00 PM)|
|Final Registration Starts on||09-23 Mar 2020|
|Status of Final Registration||07 Apr 2020|
|Last date to submit documents for Regularization of Rejected Application||07 Apr 2020|
|Issuance of AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card||To be notified|
|AIIMS PG Jul 2020 exam date||03 May 2020|
|Result||08 May 2020|
|Tentative date for exercising choices||27 Nov 2019|
|Open round seat allocation and counselling||To be notified|
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
Candidates who filled the eligibility criteria can fill the application form for AIIMS PG 2020. The application form is filled through the Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR). First, candidates have to complete the basic registration by providing the valid mobile no., email ID and personal details. After that candidates have to submit the application form along with the scanned images and the required amount of the application fee.
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Fee – Candidates have to pay the application fee through credit card/debit card or by net banking. Check the application fee for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
|General / OBC||Rs. 1500|
|SC / ST||Rs. 1200|
Note: Additional transaction charges as applicable
How to apply for AIIMS PG 2020?
Candidates can apply for AIIMS PG 2020 by following the steps given below.
Step 1: At first candidates are required to visit the official site.
Step 2: Then candidates can complete the registration process.
Step 3: After that candidates can upload all the required images.
Step 4: After that candidates are required to login again using the login credentials. Only those candidates whose basic registration form is considered valid are allowed to proceed further for final registration.
Step 5: After that candidates must download and take a print out of the final registration slip for future references.
AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus
AIIMS Delhi does not releases any prescribed format for the AIIMS PG syllabus. However, the syllabus for MD/MS is expected to be based upon the subjects taught in MBBS Level and for MDS question are based on the topics taught in BDS level. Check the important topics of M.B.B.S and BDS from below:
|Clinical||Eye, ENT, Preventive and social medicine (PSM), Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgery, Medicine, Paediatric, Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology etc.|
|Preclinical||Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry etc.|
|Paraclinical||Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology etc.|
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
- Language: The language of the AIIMS PG 2020 question paper is english.
- Exam Mode: It is a computer-based test.
- Number of Questions: In MD/MS, there is one paper which has 200 questions, whereas for MDS there is a single paper which has 200 questions.
- Number of Questions: There are a total of 200 questions in the AIIMS PG 2020 exam
- Type of Questions: MCQ type questions are there in AIIMS PG 2020 exam.
- Time Duration: Candidates get 3 hours to answer all the questions of AIIMS PG
Candidates can check the distribution of marks for AIIMS PG 2020 examination below.
|Type of MCQs||Marks for Correct Answer||Marks for Incorrect Answer|
|Single Best Response||+01||-1/3|
|Multiple True False||+1/5||-1/5|
|Match the Following||+1/4||-1/4|
Preparation Tips for AIIMS PG 2020
Candidates can check the prepration tips for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
- As per the topper of AIIMS PG 2018 examination candidates must start for AIIMS PG months before the examination and in case if they are not able to do so then they are advised to join a fastrack course and complete the syllabus by preparing for each and every topic equally.
- Candidates are advised to give equal time to every topic.
- Candidates must practice the diagrammes of anatomy regularly to remember all the parts of the diagrammes regularly.
- Candidates must prepare for AIIMS PG 2020 with the topics by checking the exam pattern and syllabus.
AIIMS PG 2020 Important Books
Candidates can check the important books for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|Review of AIIMS PG Entrance Exam||Pritesh Singh||Buy Here|
|AIIMS Essence||Pritesh Singh||Buy Here|
|AIIMS Explorer||MTG EDitorial Board||Buy Here|
AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
Eligibility Criteria for MD/ MS/ MDS courses
- Candidates are required to have an MBBS degree for MD/MS courses and they must have a BDS degree for MDS course.
- Candidates must have completed a 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training on or before January 30, 2020.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 55% of marks in the qualifying examination and it is for all the candidates including OBC. Whereas, candidates belonging to the SC/ST category must have an aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The NRI candidates who have graduated from foreign universities are required to submit their MCI screening exam marks in the online form. Candidate should have obtained 55% for UR/OBC, 50% for SC/ST categories, in the FMGE exam conducted by NBE.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Ch(6 years)/DM (6 years)
- Candidates are required to have an MBBS degree and they must have completed the required period of one-year compulsory Internship.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
Eligibility Criteria for DM / M.Ch (3 years) in Super-specialty Departments
- The upper age limit for DM/ MCh (3 yrs) is 35 years and a relaxation of 3 years and 5 years shall be given in case of OBC and SC/ST, PWD and Ex-Serviceman, Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or released on satisfactory assignment respectively.
- There is no upper age limit for the sponsored candidates.
- A candidate must have a degree of MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline.
- Candidates are required to have completed the requisite qualification, degree and tenure by the given time period.
Eligibility Criteria for MD
- Candidates are required to have an MBBS or an equivalent degree with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice.
- Candidates are required to submit a certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed..
- Candidates are required to have a a minimum of 50% marks for candidate belonging to SCs/STs in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations and 55% for all other categories including OBC.
AIIMS PG 2020 Reservation Criteria
Candidates can check the expected reservation criteria for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted the application form, can access the admit card of AIIMS PG as per schedule. AIIMS will release the admit card on the official website. Candidates can download it by logging in with registration ID and Password. Admit card will the carry the important information related to the examination like exam centre, date & time of exam and name of candidate, registration number, candidate’s photograph and signature. Candidates are required to carry the hardcopy of admit card along with valid Id proof (Adhar Card, Voter Id, Passport, Pan Card, etc.).
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Center
Candidates can check the expected exam center for AIIMS PG 2020 below.
Test Cities for AIIMS DM/M.Ch & MD (Hospital Administration)
|City Code||Name of City|
|02||Delhi / NCR|
Test Cities for AIIMS PG Jan 2020
|Hubballi (Hubli)||Mangaluru (Mangalore)|
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
After successfully conducting the AIIMS PG 2020 examination AIIMS, Delhi releases the result for all the appeared candidates. Candidates can check their results online on the official site by entering their registration number, registration unique code and password. Candidates must take a print out of their AIIMS PG 2020 result for future references. However, AIIMS Delhi also releases a merit list with the names of all the selected candidates. AIIMS PG 2020 merit list contains the rank, percentile score, allocated rank, category, category rank, and roll number of the qualified candidates.
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of AIIMS PG 2020 result all the qualified candidates are required to appear for the counseling round. All the qualified candidates are advised to go to the AIIMS PG 2020 counseling center along with all the required documents on the given date and time.
Documents required for AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
Candidates can check the list of the required documents for AIIMS PG 2020 counselling below.
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- Mark Sheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations
- MBBS / BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate from the Head of Institution or College that the candidate will be completing the internship
- Permanent / Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI /State Medical or Dental Council.
- High School / Higher Secondary Certificate / Birth Certificate in proof of date of birth.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
Participating Institutes for AIIMS PG 2020
Candidates can check the list of the participating institutes of AIIMS 2020 below.
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Patna
AIIMS PG July 2020 Admission Notice
AIIMS was first established in the year 1956. The head office of AIIMS is situated in New Delhi. AIIMS New Delhi conducts all the entrance tests for AIIMS. It provides various UG, PG and Ph.D. degree courses. Candidates are required to appear for an entrance test conducted by AIIMS to get admitted for the courses offered by AIIMS. After that candidate is selected as per the merit cum choice basis. AIIMS is situated in Delhi, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Rishikesh, Patna, Raipur, Raebareli.
Official website: aiimsexams.org
For more details on AIIMS PG Jan 2020, download Information Brochure here.
AIIMS PG 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates must go to the AIIMS PG examination Center along with the hard copy of the Admit Card for the same and a valid photo identity proof.
Ans : After downloading the AIIMS PG Admit Card candidates must take a printout of it to get a hard copy of the same.
Ans : If candidates found any kind of error in their AIIMS PG Admit Card then they must contact the authorities immediately.
Ans : Candidates must go to the AIIMS PG Examination Center along with a hard copy of their Admit Card as they will have to produce it to the invigilator before entering the examination hall.
Ans : Candidates must report to the AIIMS PG examination center 2 hours prior to the timings of the examination.
Ans : Candidates will not get a hard copy of their AIIMS PG Admit Card by post or any other source. They will have to download and print the same from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi.
Ans : AIIMS New Delhi will release the AIIMS PG Admit Card.
Ans : AIIMS PG examination will take place in online mode.
Ans : AIIMS New Delhi conducts AIIMS PG every year.
Ans : Candidate must have MBBS degree or any equivalent degree along with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in a relevant field or five years in general practice to appear for the AIIMS PG examination.
Ans : There is no such Cut Off for the selection of the candidates in AIIMS PG examination.
Ans : AIIMS PG will be a Computer Based Test and hence it will take place in online mode.
Ans : Candidates can apply for the AIIMS PG examination on the official website of AIIMS, New Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : There will be only one number of shift in the AIIMS PG examination.
Ans : Candidates can apply for AIIMS PG examination on the official site of AIIMS Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : Candidates can not get AIIMS PG Application Form in offline mode it is only available in online mode on the official website of AIIMS, New Delhi.
Ans : The AIIMS PG Application Fee for general candidates is Rs. 1500, for SC/ST its Rs. 1200 and for candidates with bench-mark disability ill get the AIIMS PG Application Fee free of cost.
Ans : If in case, candidate has made a mistake in the application form then it is notified in the first stage of registration process itself so that candidate has enough time to correct it.
Ans : Candidates must pay the AIIMS PG Application Fee through Credit Card, Debit Card or by Net Banking only.
Ans : Candidates must attach the scanned copy of passport size photograph, signature, left thumb expression, scanned copy of qualified examination and category certificate if required along with the AIIMS PG Application Form.
Ans : Candidates can check their AIIMS PG Result from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : All the candidates who will get selected in the AIIMS PG examination must keep themselves ready to appear for the Counselling Round for the same.
Ans : Result for AIIMS PG will contain the details like Roll Number, Community and Overall Rank of the candidate.
Ans : All those candidates who can check their Roll Number in the AIIMS PG Merit List must Register themselves for the AIIMS PG Counselling Round.
Ans : When two or more than two candidates end up scoring the same percentile then AIIMS will apply the Tie Breaking Criteria in which Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than those with lower aggregate marks in MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations and if tie still persists, according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
Ans : Candidates can get their Score Card for AIIMS PG examination from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.