AIIMS PG 2020 – The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi conducts the entrance exam for admission to PG courses such as MD / MS / DM / M.Ch. The exam is held twice a year in the month of January and July. The PAAR Registration for AIIMS PG 2020 is released online at aiimsexams.org. The registered candidates have to then appear for the written test. AIIMS PG 2020 entrance exam is a computer-based test which is going to be conducted on 17 Nov 2019 for Jan 2020 session and on 03 May 2020 for July 2020 session. Check more details on AIIMS PG entrance exam 2020 from this page.
AIIMS PG 2020
For the July 2019 session, a total of 3316 candidates successfully qualified the test. The candidates can check the schedule for AIIMS PG 2020 from the table below.
|AIIMS PG 2020||January session 2020||July session 2020|
|Availability of Online Registration Form||to be announced|
|Closing of online registration form||to be announced||to be announced|
|Last date to submit documents||to be announced||to be announced|
|Checking the status of Application Form||to be announced||to be announced|
|Last date of receiving application form
(recommended & forwarded as NO OBJECTION)
|to be announced||to be announced|
AIIMS DM/MCh (3 years)/ MD (Hospital Admin)
|Events||January Session 2020||July Session 2020|
|Entrance Examination (Stage 1)||03 Nov 2019||04 Apr 2020|
|Result||07 Nov 2019||09 Apr 2020|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage 2)||18-20 Nov 2019||21-23 Apr 2020|
|Final Result||26 Nov 2019||01 May 2020|
AIIMS PG (MD/MS/MCh/DM/MDS- 6 years)
|Events||January 2020||July session 2020|
|Entrance Examination (Stage 1)||17 Nov 2019||03 May 2020|
|Result||22 Nov 2019||08 May 2020|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage 2)||to be announced||to be announced|
|Final Result||to be announced||to be announced|
Notice for Reschedule of AIIMS PG 2020 Registration
For DM / M.Ch (3 years)
- A Candidate must possess a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline.
- The candidates must have completed the requisite qualification, degree, and tenure by 2020.
- The Upper Age limit is 35 years.
For MD (Hospital Administration)
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations for another category including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs/STs.
For MD / MS / MDS
- A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a
University recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India and must have
completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training on or
before 30th January 2020 [As per DCI endorsement No.DE-130-2011/B-4978, the candidature will be as per DCI Revised BDS Course (4th Amendment) Regulation- 2011 published in Gazette notification (Extraordinary) Part-III, Section-4. Candidates who complete their internship after 30th January 2020 are not eligible for Registration in this examination.
- In case it is found that a candidate who is not able to fulfil the eligibility qualification/criteria
(such as Internship Completion dates) has provided false information just to appear in
the examination for practice purpose, the candidate will be debarred from appearing in
AIIMS Entrance Examination in the future. The selected candidate will be verified against previously
available data for further action as above.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of the following marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
For M.Ch (6 years) / DM (6 years)
- The candidate must possess an MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one-year compulsory Internship. He/she must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. The eligibility criteria are the same as specified for MD/MS (3 years) courses.
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form (for MD / MS / M.Ch (6 years) / MDS / DM / M.Ch (3 years) / MD, candidates have to fill the AIIMS online application form for PG entrance examination before the last date. The application fee includes the fee for entrance examination is non-refundable. AIIMS Online Registration for PG 2020 exam consists of registration, filling up the form, fee payment via debit/credit card/challan.
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application form of AIIMS PG 2020 in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.aiimsexams.org.
- The cost of AIIMS PG Application Form 2020 includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate is required to go through the prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling in of the AIIMS online application form.
AIIMS PG Admit Card
Candidates can download Admit cards for[MD / MS / M.Ch (6 years) / DM (6 years) / MDS] from the main website of AIIMS i.e., www.aiimsexams.org. To download the admit cards, candidates should keep in mind that registration, completion of payment of application fees should be done carefully because without completing this procedure, candidates will not receive the admit cards. It may please be noted that the Admit Cards will not be sent By Post.
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
The final results for DM / MCh / MD(Hospital Administration) Courses will be displayed on the Notice Board of Examination Section, at AIIMS, New Delhi. The results for AIIMS PG courses will also be available on AIIMS website at www.aiimsexams.org and www.aiims.edu.
Selections for D.M./M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administration) courses are made through 2-Stage Performance Evaluation basis:
Stage I: Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject concerned. The question paper will consist of 80 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
Stage II: Out of the candidates who have 50th percentile or have scored above in the written test (Stage-I), candidates 3 times the number of seats advertised will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab based assessment (carrying 20 marks)
Final Selection: The Final result will be declared based on total marks obtained in stage-1 and Stage-II Examination.
- The result of stage-I will be available on the website of the Examination Section.
- Candidates who fail to attend any of the two stages mentioned above will not be eligible for admission.
Further Detailed Selection Process for MD / MS / M.Ch (6 years) / DM (6 years) / MDS is given below.
Minimum Cut Off Scores
- Keeping in mind the decision of the Governing Body, AIIMS dated 14 September 2013, the minimum cut-off necessary in the Entrance Examination to determine eligibility for admission is 50th Percentile.
- Percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the
- Basically, the marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each group of examinees.
- The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored EQUAL TO OR
BELOW that particular percentile in that examination.
- The highest score is converted to a Percentile score of 100.
- The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate percentiles.
- The Percentile Scores would be converted to 3 decimal places to avoid bunching effect and
therefore reduce ties.
The following is a further explanation of the interpretation of the scores in an examination with 100 candidates.
- If candidate A’s Percentile score is 100, it indicates that amongst those who have taken the examination, 100% have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN the candidate A. It also indicates that no candidate has scored more than candidate A.
- If candidate B’s Percentile score is 90, it indicates that 90% of the candidates who have taken the examination have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS than candidate B. It also indicates that remaining candidates have scored more than candidate B.
- If candidate C’s Percentile score is 50, it indicates that 50% of the candidates who have taken the examination have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS than candidate C. It also indicates that remaining half of those who took the examination have scored more than candidate C.
- If candidate D’s Percentile score is 30, it indicates that 30% of the candidates who have taken the examination have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS than candidate D. It also indicates that remaining have scored more than candidate D.
- If candidate E’s Percentile score is 1, it indicates that none of the candidates who have taken the examination have scored either EQUAL TO OR LESS than candidate E. It also indicates that all remaining candidates who took the examination have scored more than the candidate.
Candidates can check the seat availability from the data given below:
Seat Matrix for M.Ch, DM courses
AIIMS PG Information Brochure
Candidates who are going to fill their Application form for AIIMS PG 2020 for admission into various courses can check more details about all courses from the information brochure of AIIMS PG 2019. Brochure for various programmes is given below as per announcement.
Official Website: www.aiimsexams.org