AIIMS PG 2020 – From this page you can know all about how to get admission in AIIMS PG courses, i.e. MD, MS, MCh (6yrs), DM (6yrs), DM, MCh, and MD (Hospital Administration). All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, holds entrance exam for admission. It is conducted twice a year, for admission in January and July session. AIIMS PG entrance exam are conducted online, to get admission candidates have to check eligibility criteria, apply for the exam, score more than the cut off, and appear for centralised counselling. You can check more details on AIIMS PG 2020 from this page.
Latest: AIIM PG 2019 (PAAR) Basic Registration has started. Click here to register.
AIIMS PG 2020
AIIMS PG term is a vast umbrella, which included PG and SS courses. You can check dates and details for your respective course accordingly.
|AIIMS PG||MD / MS / M.Ch (6yr) / DM (6 yr.) / MDS||DM / M.Ch (3 yrs) / MD (HA))|
|Basic Registration start date||6 Jul 2019||05 Sep 2019|
|Last date to Apply||27 Aug 2019||To be notified|
|Final Registration Starts on||27 Sep -11 Oct 2019||Sep 2019|
|Prospectus releases on||24 Sep 2019||Sep 2019|
|Exam date||17 Nov 2019||3 Nov 2019|
|Result||22 Nov 2019||7 Nov 2019|
|Departmental Assessment||N/A||18, 19, 20 Nov 2019|
|Final Result Notification||N/A||26 Nov 2019|
AIIMS PG 2020 Admission Notification
About AIIMS PG and AIIMS SS
After MBBS / BDS, candidates go for Post Graduate courses. However, after PG a candidates may also opt for Super Specialization (SS), and after Doctoral (Ph.D) is the option.
AIIMS PG Courses Includes (Post MBBS / BDS)
- MCh (6 years)
- DM (6 years)
- MD (Hospital Administration)
AIIMS SS Courses Includes (Post PG)
- MCh (3 years)
- AIIMS Fellowship
AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility
AIIMS have a stated set of eligibility criteria for the admissions in PG courses and that is as follows –
For admission in MD (Hospital Administration)
- Qualification and Experience: Candidate must have MBBS degree or any equivalent degree along with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in a relevant field or five years in general practice.
- Certificate: Candidate must enclose a certificate issued by District Magistrate in support of the general practice of five years.
- Marks: Applicant shall have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations. There is a concession of 5% for SC / ST candidates. For candidates belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate is compulsory.
For admission in MD (not hospital administration) / MS / MDS
- Qualification: Candidate must have MBBS degree for MD / MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India.
- Internship: Candidate must have completed 1 year (12 months) rotatory internship on or before 30th January 2020.
- Marks: Applicants shall have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations. For applicants belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate is compulsory.
Eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals, Indian National Candidates and Sponsored Candidates for admission in MD / MS / MDS (6 years)
- The eligibility of Sponsored Candidates with respect to the minimum marks in aggregate in all the MBBS / BDS professional examinations will be the same as for other candidates.
- For foreign students, obtain the certificate of grading system from your University / Institution to determine the value of grading in percentage to be produced. After getting the certificate, calculate total and obtained marks from the certificate then fill “Marks Column” and complete Final Registration before due date.
- Indian National candidates who are graduated from foreign Universities must fill their MCI screening exam % in the online form. Candidate must have obtained 55% for UR / OBC, 50% for SC/ ST categories, in FMGE exam conducted by NBE, Govt. of India, Delhi
For admission in M.Ch. and DM (3 years super specialisation course)
- Qualification: Candidates must possess a degree in MD / MS or DNB from a University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) in the respective discipline. Also, he / she must have completed the required qualification by July 31, 2020.
- Age limit: Applicant’s upper age limit is 35 years.
For admission in M.Ch. and DM (6 years post graduate)
- Qualification and Internship: Candidate must possess MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one year (12 months) compulsory Internship.
- Marks: Applicant must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate shall check the exam pattern from the below given table before applying for any of the AIIMS PG course.
- Mode of exam: Computer based test (online)
- Types of questions: English only
- Language of question paper: Objective type
- Number of shifts: Only one
For DM / M.Ch and MD
|AIIMS PG 2020 – DM / M.Ch / MD||Exam Pattern|
|Duration||1.5 hr (90 minutes) Stage 1 and 2|
|Number of questions||Stage-I (80 marks of 90 minutes) Stage-II (20 marks for Departmental Assessment)|
|Location of exam centres||Chennai (01)Delhi (02)Kolkata (03)Mumbai (04)|
For MD / MS / DM (6 Yrs.) / M.Ch. (6 Yrs.) and M.D.S
|AIIMS PG 2020 – MD / MS / DM / M.Ch. and M.D.S||Exam Pattern|
|Duration||MD / MS: 3 hours (180 minutes) MDS: 3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of questions||MD /MS: One Paper of 200 MCQ (Two hundred) MDS: One Paper of 200 MCQs (Two hundred)|
|Location of exam centres||64 cities in India|
- Candidates are allotted 1 mark for every correct answer.
- There’s a negative marking of -⅓ for each incorrect answer.
- Candidate is not given any mark for unattempted questions or those marked for review.
- Percentile scores are generated for the entire examination separately.
AIIMS PG 2020 Reservation Criteria
49.5% seats in AIIMS are served for the candidates belonging to different category candidates.
Candidate who have completed their Graduation from AIIMS.
- Candidates who have already been to AIIMS for their graduation are given preference for admission against 50% of total MBBS seats of AIIMS of the open general seats without any discipline wise preference, in accordance with the judgment of the Supreme Court.
- Any seat left vacant out of the AIIMS preferential seats or any other reserved category seats shall be available to other open general category candidate in order of their merit.
- Graduates of other AIIMS shall be eligible for preferential allotment of seats in the respective AIIMS only.
AIIMS AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centre
Heard of first-cum-first-serve basis? Candidates are allotted their choice of exam centre only if they have been an early bird. Candidates are required to choose the preference of exam city at the time of filling the final registration form. The following are the choices available.
- Greater Noida
- Bihali nagar
Note: The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Hence, it is suggested to make a choice of the city with utmost care.
Participating AIIMS in AIIMS PG 2020
Six new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences have been established similar to AIIMS, New Delhi under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana. The following are the participating institutes in AIIMS PG 2020.
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Patna
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
AIIMS PG application form is filled using PAAR facility which includes basic registration and final registration. The basic registration is enduring which means it can be used in the next academic year as well. Whereas, final registration is exam specific.
In 2019, AIIMS introduced PAAR facility in order to decrease the number of forms rejected every year because of the wrong information given by candidates. Through PAAR, online registration of candidates start a year before the commencement of the exam. And if in case, candidate has made a mistake in the application form then it is notified in the first stage of registration process itself so that candidate has enough time to correct it.
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Fee
Application form is considered complete only after the payment of the fees. The amount paid by the aspirants is non-refundable and non-transferable. Candidates can check the expected fee amount for AIIMS PG 2020 from the table given below.
|General / OBC||1500/-|
|SC / ST||1200|
Mode of payment
Candidate can make the payment of the application fee through –
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
Only those candidates who have submitted the application form using PAAR facility before the due date are able to download the hall ticket of AIIMS PG. Admit card of AIIMS 2020 PG exam is made out of the information given by the candidate in the application form.
Admit card has to be downloaded online. There is no provision of sending the admit card to the candidate’s address. To download the admit card for AIIMS PG 2020 admit card, candidates need to login by entering their registration number and password. Admit card consist of personal details of the candidate as well as exam details. On the day of the test, candidates must carry a hard copy of the AIIMS PG admit card 2020 and a valid ID proof.
Candidate shall directly contact Assistant Controller of Examinations AIIMS, New Delhi through email along with name, candidate ID, subject applied and other particulars of the Registration form if there is any sought of discrepancy found in the admit card of AIIMS PG 2020. Any query or complaint after the examination is not entertained.
Address: Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608
Email ID: [email protected]
Details on the AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
Hall ticket of AIIMS PG has the following details mentioned on it which makes it even more important and those are –
- Candidate’s name
- Roll Number
- Course applied for.
- Registration number
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature.
- Date and Time of Examination.
- Exam center and address of the same.
Note: If there is any discrepancy in the admit card then report the matter to Punjab University on immediate basis.
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
Entrance examination of AIIMS PG is held twice a year for January and July session. Result is announced session wise after the exam is held. AIIMS declares the result in the form of merit list. Individual scorecard can also be downloaded by the candidate from the official website, aiimsexams.org. Result is followed by the counselling process. AIIMS PG 2020 merit list contains the name of the candidates who have qualified the written exam and are eligible for the counselling process.
Candidate’s result is calculated on the basis of the percentile method. Percentile are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the examination. The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored equal to or below that particular Percentile in that examination.
Example: If any candidate’s score 70th percentile, that means he / she scored better than 70% of other candidates who took the test.
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling / Seat Allocation
Candidates are called for counselling on the basis of their merit in the entrance exam. Those who score 50th percentile and whose names are there in the merit list are called for counselling. Counselling includes subsequent mock rounds. It is held in online mode only. The last round of counselling is held in offline mode. Details regarding the same are available online as per the schedule. The following are the documents that candidate shall bring at the time offline round of counselling for the verification purpose.
Documents to bring at the time of counselling.
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- Mark Sheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations
- MBBS / BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate from the Head of Institution or College that the candidate will be completing the internship
- Permanent / Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI /State Medical or Dental Council.
- High School / Higher Secondary Certificate / Birth Certificate in proof of date of birth.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
Key points to remember about counselling.
- There is an open counselling held by AIIMS for the seats that remain vacant after 3rd Round of online Seat Allocation / Counselling.
- Candidate who wants to participate in the open counselling have to register themselves on the official website of AIIMS.
- Candidates are not allowed to attend open counselling without the production of print out of registration Slip issued for open counselling at the time of online registration
- The number of seats declared at the time of declaration of result are final for admission in that session.
- Candidates applying in category shall provide a valid certificate at the time of counselling.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was established in 1956 by an act of parliament. AIIMS has its head office in New Delhi. Apart from that, there are other 6 AIIMS located in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Patna. Candidate’s have to clear an entrance exam to acquire a seat in AIIMS. The admissions are done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidate. The entrance examination of AIIMS PG is held twice a year for January and July session. Those who clear the exam are called for counselling and seats are allotted to them.
AIIMS PG 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates must go to the AIIMS PG examination Center along with the hard copy of the Admit Card for the same and a valid photo identity proof.
Ans : After downloading the AIIMS PG Admit Card candidates must take a printout of it to get a hard copy of the same.
Ans : If candidates found any kind of error in their AIIMS PG Admit Card then they must contact the authorities immediately.
Ans : Candidates must go to the AIIMS PG Examination Center along with a hard copy of their Admit Card as they will have to produce it to the invigilator before entering the examination hall.
Ans : Candidates must report to the AIIMS PG examination center 2 hours prior to the timings of the examination.
Ans : Candidates will not get a hard copy of their AIIMS PG Admit Card by post or any other source. They will have to download and print the same from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi.
Ans : AIIMS New Delhi will release the AIIMS PG Admit Card.
Ans : AIIMS PG examination will take place in online mode.
Ans : AIIMS New Delhi conducts AIIMS PG every year.
Ans : Candidate must have MBBS degree or any equivalent degree along with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in a relevant field or five years in general practice to appear for the AIIMS PG examination.
Ans : There is no such Cut Off for the selection of the candidates in AIIMS PG examination.
Ans : AIIMS PG will be a Computer Based Test and hence it will take place in online mode.
Ans : Candidates can apply for the AIIMS PG examination on the official website of AIIMS, New Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : There will be only one number of shift in the AIIMS PG examination.
Ans : Candidates can apply for AIIMS PG examination on the official site of AIIMS Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : Candidates can not get AIIMS PG Application Form in offline mode it is only available in online mode on the official website of AIIMS, New Delhi.
Ans : The AIIMS PG Application Fee for general candidates is Rs. 1500, for SC/ST its Rs. 1200 and for candidates with bench-mark disability ill get the AIIMS PG Application Fee free of cost.
Ans : If in case, candidate has made a mistake in the application form then it is notified in the first stage of registration process itself so that candidate has enough time to correct it.
Ans : Candidates must pay the AIIMS PG Application Fee through Credit Card, Debit Card or by Net Banking only.
Ans : Candidates must attach the scanned copy of passport size photograph, signature, left thumb expression, scanned copy of qualified examination and category certificate if required along with the AIIMS PG Application Form.
Ans : Candidates can check their AIIMS PG Result from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : All the candidates who will get selected in the AIIMS PG examination must keep themselves ready to appear for the Counselling Round for the same.
Ans : Result for AIIMS PG will contain the details like Roll Number, Community and Overall Rank of the candidate.
Ans : All those candidates who can check their Roll Number in the AIIMS PG Merit List must Register themselves for the AIIMS PG Counselling Round.
Ans : When two or more than two candidates end up scoring the same percentile then AIIMS will apply the Tie Breaking Criteria in which Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than those with lower aggregate marks in MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations and if tie still persists, according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
Ans : Candidates can get their Score Card for AIIMS PG examination from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi.