AIIMS PG Result 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi announces the result for MD, MS, M.Ch., DM, and M.D.S. entrance exam online. There is no provision of sending the individual result to candidate’s via post, mail or SMS. Entrance examination of AIIMS PG is held twice a year for January and July session. Result is announced session wise after the exam is held. AIIMS declares the result in the form of merit list. Individual scorecard can also be downloaded by the candidate from the official website, aiimsexams.org. Result is followed by the counselling process. AIIMS PG 2020 merit list contains the name of the candidates who have qualified the written exam and are eligible for the counselling process. Scroll down to know more about AIIMS PG Result 2020.
AIIMS PG Result 2020
Only those candidates who successfully qualify the entrance exam are eligible for mock round of counselling.The number of candidates call for online seat allocation / counseling will be 8 times the number of seats. Candidates can check the AIIMS PG Result 2020 schedule for January and July session from the table given below.
Important dates for July Session
|AIIMS PG 2020||MD / MS / M.Ch (6 yrs) / DM (6yrs) / MDS||DM / M.Ch (3 yrs) / MD (HA)|
|AIIMS PG 2020 exam is held in||3rd May 2020||4th Apr 2020|
|AIIMS PG 2020 result is announced in||8th May 2020||9th Apr 2020|
Important dates for January Session
|AIIMS PG 2020||MD / MS / M.Ch (6 yrs) / DM (6yrs) / MDS||DM / M.Ch (3 yrs) / MD (HA)|
|AIIMS PG 2020 exam is held in||8th Nov 2020||1st Nov 2020|
|AIIMS PG 2020 result is announced in||17th Nov 2020||9th Nov 2020|
Check Here: Candidates can check for AIIMS PG 2020 result as per schedule at aiimsexams.org
AIIMS PG 2020 Merit List
Merit list is prepared on the basis of percentile scores and after applying the tie breaking method. Did you know what these are? Read below to get a better understanding of how merit list is prepared.
- These are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the examination. The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored equal to or below that particular Percentile in that examination.
- Example: If any candidate’s score 70th percentile, that means he / she scored better than 70% of other candidates who took the test.
- The highest raw score is the 100 percentile score
- The Percentile Scores are converted to 3 decimal places to avoid bunching effect and therefore reduce ties.
Tie Breaking Method
There are thousands of students who write the exam for AIIMS PG courses and hence, there is a high possibility that two or more than two candidates end up scoring the same percentile. Therefore to remove such complexity and sort down the rank of candidates, AIIMS came up with the tie breaking criteria. It assists in calculating the rank of a candidate using fair means and avoid collide of ranks. Candidates can check the tie resolving criteria from the below given points.
- Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than those with lower aggregate marks in MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations.
- If tie still persists, according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
AIIMS PG 2020 Reservation Criteria
49.5% seats in AIIMS are served for the candidates belonging to different category candidates.
Candidate who have completed their Graduation from AIIMS.
- Candidates who have already been to AIIMS for their graduation are given preference for admission against 50% of total MBBS seats of AIIMS of the open general seats without any discipline wise preference, in accordance with the judgment of the Supreme Court.
- Any seat left vacant out of the AIIMS preferential seats or any other reserved category seats shall be available to other open general category candidate in order of their merit.
- Graduates of other AIIMS shall be eligible for preferential allotment of seats in the respective AIIMS only.
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling / Seat Allocation
Candidates are called for counselling on the basis of their merit in the entrance exam. Those who score 50th percentile and whose names are there in the merit list are called for counselling. Counselling includes subsequent mock rounds. It is held in online mode only. The last round of counselling is held in offline mode. Details regarding the same are available online as per the schedule. The following are the documents that candidate shall bring at the time offline round of counselling for the verification purpose.
Documents to bring at the time of counselling.
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- Mark Sheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations
- MBBS / BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate from the Head of Institution or College that the candidate will be completing the internship
- Permanent / Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI /State Medical or Dental Council.
- High School / Higher Secondary Certificate / Birth Certificate in proof of date of birth.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
Key points to remember about counselling.
- There is an open counselling held by AIIMS for the seats that remain vacant after 3rd Round of online Seat Allocation / Counselling.
- Candidate who wants to participate in the open counselling have to register themselves on the official website of AIIMS.
- Candidates are not allowed to attend open counselling without the production of print out of registration Slip issued for open counselling at the time of online registration
- The number of seats declared at the time of declaration of result are final for admission in that session.
- Candidates applying in category shall provide a valid certificate at the time of counselling.
How to Check AIIMS PG 2020 Result
Candidates can check the result online only. Result is not sent to candidates via post or mail. Follow the below given 5 easy steps in order to check the result.
Step 1: Candidate shall click on the link given on this page under the schedule table section. On doing so, candidate is directed to the homepage.
Step 2: Click on “AIIMS PG 2020” result. Just after doing this, pdf will appear on the screen
Step 3: Press Ctrl+F and search your roll number.
Step 4: Now, candidate can see his / her rank in the merit link. Save it for future reference.
Details in AIIMS PG 2020 Result
The rank pdf is consist of the following information
- Roll Number
- Overall rank of the candidate
How to Check Scorecard of AIIMS PG 2020?
Candidates can check the individual scorecard as well by following the below mentioned 5 simple steps.
Step 1: Click on the link given on this page under the schedule table section to directly visit the official website of AIIMS.
Step 2: Enter the candidate ID and date of birth in the givel columns.
Step 3: Click on the login button after filling the details.
Step 4: On doing so, candidate’s scorecard will appear on the screen.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was established in 1956 by an act of parliament. AIIMS has its head office in New Delhi. Apart from that, there are other 6 AIIMS located in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Patna. Candidate’s have to clear an entrance exam to acquire a seat in AIIMS. The admissions are done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidate. The entrance examination of AIIMS PG is held twice a year for January and July session. Those who clear the exam are called for counselling and seats are allotted to them.
AIIMS PG 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can check their AIIMS PG Result from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi (www.aiims.edu).
Ans : All the candidates who will get selected in the AIIMS PG examination must keep themselves ready to appear for the Counselling Round for the same.
Ans : Result for AIIMS PG will contain the details like Roll Number, Community and Overall Rank of the candidate.
Ans : All those candidates who can check their Roll Number in the AIIMS PG Merit List must Register themselves for the AIIMS PG Counselling Round.
Ans : When two or more than two candidates end up scoring the same percentile then AIIMS will apply the Tie Breaking Criteria in which Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than those with lower aggregate marks in MBBS / BDS Professional Examinations and if tie still persists, according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
Ans : Candidates can get their Score Card for AIIMS PG examination from the official site of AIIMS New Delhi.