BITSAT 2020 Preparation: Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) will be conducting its entrance exam BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) 2020. The exam is conducted in an online mode and the syllabus for the examination covers the 11th and 12th NCERT science syllabus with extra aptitude section. BITSAT 2020 is considered an important examination for engineering aspirants after JEE mains. Therefore, candidates must build their study strategy and start their BITSAT preparation 2020. Aspirants must know the syllabus, exam pattern preparation tips to devise and implement their preparation plan. For more information regarding how to prepare for BITSAT 2020, scroll down the article.
BITSAT 2020 Preparation
BITSAT 2020 is a national level examination. This makes it quite competitive for all the aspirants. Thus, all the candidates aspiring for BITSAT 2020 must start with their preparations as soon as possible. Before starting with the preparation and devising a strategy, candidates must study the BITSAT 2020 preparation resources including the exam pattern and syllabus. To study more about BITSAT 2020 preparation follow the article.
BITSAT 2020 Mock Test
Since, BITSAT 2020 is conducted in online mode, it is important for candidates to practice BITSAT 2020 mock test. Mock Test are a very crucial part of preparation. Thus, candidates can take mock tests from the below given links for better preparation.
|BITSAT Full Mock Test||150||Get Here|
|BITSAT Physics Mock Test||40||Get Here|
|BITSAT Chemistry Mock Test||40||Get Here|
|BITSAT Maths Mock Test||45||Get Here|
|BITSAT English Mock Test||15||Get Here|
|BITSAT Logical Reasoning Mock Test||10||Get Here|
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the exam pattern for BITSAT 2020. Following questions paper pattern is as per the last year details.
- Mode of examination : Online (Computer based test)
- Duration : Three hours (without any break)
- Total number of questions : 150
- Type of questions : MCQ type
- Language of question paper : English
- Sections in the examination : The test will consist of mainly four parts.
- English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
- Mathematics/ Biology
Distribution of sections and number of questions is as follows.
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency|
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics/ Biology||45|
Note : There is no time restriction for individual parts of the test. Test takers can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
Marking Scheme :
Every correct answer fetches Three marks
One mark is deducted for every incorrect answer
BITSAT 2020 Sample Paper
While preparing for BITSAT 2020, candidates must practice BITSAT 2020 Sample paper. Sample papers are like real question papers that helps get candidates familiarize with the main examination. They are thus the best resource to practice for any exam. BITSAT 2020 is quite a competitive test. Hence, its is crucial for candidates to practice the BITSAT 2020 Sample papers.
Click here to practice online BITSAT Sample Paper Test
BITSAT 2020 Important Books
To begin with good preparation, preparation need to be in the right direction. And that direction is provided by important reference books and other online and offline resources to gather vast amount of knowledge for good preparation. Following are some important books recommended for BITSAT 2020 preparation.
Books for Physics
Books for Chemistry
Books for Mathematics
Books for Logical Reasoning
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2020 must study the BITSAT 2020 syllabus to know about the important topics covered under each section. The entire is syllabus is based on the NCERT class 11th and 12th. Following are some important topics covered under BITSAT 2020 syllabus. Aspirants can start their preparation accordingly.
The exam of BITSAT includes majorly following four sections:
- English proficiency and Logical Reasoning
- Mathematics/ Biology (for pharma students)
For detailed BITSAT 2020 Syllabus Click here
BITSAT 2020 – Previous Year Cut-off
Cut-offs of every examination a candidate is going to attempt is very necessary for them to know. It helps the candidates to guess an idea of the level of preparation needed to put in for that particular exam. It gives a clear picture of the level of difficulty to clear the exam and secure a position for admission. Let’s check out the BITSAT previous years cut-offs and be mentally prepared for it accordingly. Among the three campuses, a cut-off of the Pilani campus is high.
Cut-off of a degree programme at Pilani Campuses
There are different cut-offs for every course offered by the Institute and candidates applying for the course can then prepare for it accordingly after checking the previous year cut-off of the subject desired.
|Degree programme at Pilani Campus||Cut-off BITSAT-2019 score|
|B.E. Electrical & Electronics||341|
|B.E. Computer Science||383|
|B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation||328|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||265|
As observed from the table the lowest cut-off has gone for the B.Pharma course and then gradually increase to the highest cut-off for the computer science program. Factors which decide the cut-off the subjects are based upon the:
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of students appear for the examination
- Highest score in the exam
- Previous year cut-off trend
BITSAT Cut-off Analysis
According to the cut-off table analysis, it is known that B.Pharma cut off lower than 2018 cut off for this course which can also mean that the number of students who apply for admission in this course at Pilani campus is more and the difficulty level of the exam is quite high. But on the other hand, the cut-off of B.E Computer Science has increased from 378 to 383. After knowing all the cut-offs trends now candidates can expect the level of preparation needed by them for securing the position in the Institute.
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates aware of the syllabus for BITSAT also know how huge and extensive it is. It is advisable to the candidates to formulate their study plan according to the months left for the preparation, a number of topics already covered by them, and the difficult topics which are time consuming. Some of the most important strategies and preparation tips for BITSAT are listed below:
- The first step is to go through and refer the syllabus of BITSAT 2020, and make a study plan accordingly.Knowing that the syllabus for the BITSAT 2020 is a bit extensive and deep, aspiring candidates must plan their study pattern accordingly and develop some strategies.
- Secondly, candidates are required to study the BITSAT 2020 exam pattern to know the structure of the question paper. It is important to know the distribution of sections, questions and marks.
- To build the foundation complete the NCERT books first. Before going to any other books for preparation, just first and foremost prepare from NCERT. The syllabus and questions are entirely from the NCERT books only.
- Since BITSAT 2020 is an online examination, practicing from sample papers and Mock test will help you understand the exam pattern more clearly and you will get to know the level of the examination
- Learn how to manage time. As the exam carries more questions and less time, do not go for the high-level questions rather practice decent level questions. Try to attempt the maximum questions in the first hour. Around 70-80 questions can be tried by a candidate to finish. This will help in doing physics and maths later properly.
- Start your exam first with chemistry then English. It will save a lot of time of the candidate as the questions in both the sections are direct and theory-based.
- Never ever start your exam first by attempting the math portion, it will consume a lot of time and candidates time schedule will get disturbed.
- The most important of all, the myth that “English is easy” and can be done just before the exam. BITSAT gives a good amount of questions on this and starts preparing for it for at least 6 months down the line. However, candidates must also know BITSAT Tips for the Last Day- Top Dos and Don’ts
- Preparation from good study material matters a lot in the preparations. Learning from the best and recommended books is also a vital factor that affects the results of the students.
- Lastly, do not forget to Revise what you have studied from the starting. Taking revisions must be included as the first task of the day. Concentrate and focus on brushing up and revising all the important concepts before you appear in the examination. All the best!
Other Preparation Resources
Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2020 can refer to the following preparation resources.
- BITSAT preparation Tips
- BITSAT Tips for the Last Day- Top Dos and Don’ts
- BITSAT 2020 Sample Papers
- BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
About BITSAT 2020
BITS Admission Test commonly known as BITSAT 2020, is conducted by The Birla Institute of Technology and Science. It is a Computer based Online Test conducted for admission to all Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS, Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campus. BITSAT 2020 will be offered over a period of time and the candidates can choose the test centre, the day and time as per his/her convenience. The test will be conducted for three hours without any break. The test consists of mainly four parts, Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning and Mathematics/Biology.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.