CAT 2018 Admit Card – IIM Calcutta has released CAT admit card / hall ticket of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 on 24 Oct 2018 at 1 PM at iimcat.ac.in. Exam will be held on 25 Nov 2018 at 147 test cities. Previously, official mock test was launched with navigation guideline. Now that CAT admit card 2018 is out, it is evident that IIMs will not open application form correction; photograph corrections ended on 30 Sep 2018. Admit Card of CAT 2018 can be downloaded by logging in with user ID and password until date of exam. It is compulsory to carry a printout of CAT admit card to exam center on day of exam along with an original photo ID proof. Get here complete details of CAT 2018 Admit Card including date, how to download, what to do if there are errors in admit card or it is blank, exam details.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates are getting a 33 days window to download and print CAT Admit Card 2018. Refer to the following schedule to download and print hall ticket.
|CAT 2018||Important Dates|
|Registration for CAT 2018 has closed on||26 Sep 2018|
|Candidates could re-upload images until||30 Sep 2018|
|CAT 2018 Mock Test launched||16 Oct 2018|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card download will start on||24 Oct 2018 – available!|
|Exam Date||25 Nov 2018|
Admit card of CAT 2018 is available for download until 25 Nov 2018.
Download Here: Candidates can now download IIM CAT 2018 Admit Card online from login here.
Print officially issued CAT 2018 Admit Card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer. Paste the photograph (same as uploaded in application form) in assigned space.
Other MBA Entrance Exams 2018/2019 – Whereas CAT 2018 is the only entrance exam for admission to IIMs, one should not be restricted to it. Many of the 111 colleges that are listed on CAT website as non-IIM institutes accepting CAT, and other B Schools, also accept other test scores. Few of the MBA Entrance Exams 2018/2019 are NTA CMAT, IBSAT, IIFT MBA IB, NMAT, TISSNET, SNAP, MAT. Then there are many state level exams too like MAH MBA CET, UPSEE, ICET, KMAT.
You can also read about CAT 2018 Admit Card in Hindi.
New features in CAT 2018 Admit Card
3 new things are present in CAT Exam Admit Card 2018.
- Google Map Link
- Emergency Contact Number
- Reference Number
For the first time, IIMs has given a link to check exam centre location in admit card. When a candidate clicks on it, they are taken to the exam location as marked in Google Maps. This is immensely helpful as candidate can now, at anytime, know how far he/she is from the centre and plan accordingly. It also eliminates confusion about centre locations. Previously, if one got a centre which no one knows about, then a lot of time was wasted locating it.
Emergency contact is also very useful as it will be a helping hand in trying times. IIM Calcutta has taken rather candidate friendly measures.
CAT 2018 Admit Card released; Know your session
Now that CAT Exam Admit Card 2018 is out, candidates can know the session allotted. Session allotment is random and there is no human interference involved. Candidates get any one session out of the two.
|Session||Exam Timings||Reporting Time||Last Entry Time|
|Forenoon||9 AM to 12 Noon||7:30 AM||8:45 AM|
|Afternoon||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM||1 PM||2:15 PM|
Don’t be prejudiced against any session!
Candidates tend to rejoice or lament their sessions. Some prefer morning slot, some evening. And when one does not get the desired session, he/she starts to mourn it. A vital point overlooked by candidates is that if from today you make up your mind that tides are against you, it will affect your performance.
After tireless hours of hard work, don’t let randomness (of session allotment) put you down; you are stronger than that.
Neither session is easy or hard – Marks will be normalized
You may hear from different quarters that one session is easy, other is hard. Lets make it clear that such is not the case. And even if it were to happen, then that is why normalization is used. Normalization of marks will ensure that even if there exist any difference in difficulty level in sessions, the same will be factored out by normalization.
Put your doubts to rest, just focus on belling the CAT 2018!
One month left for CAT 2018!
With a month to go for CAT exam, preparation strategy for one month can be implemented straight away. Here are 5 critical tips for preparation.
- Test yourself – Take multiple mock tests and improve yourself with each one of them. Alongside, practise questions asked in past year papers too.
- Improve your accuracy – Whatever your average score is right now in mocks, improve it by increasing 2 accurate questions per test. [recommended by toppers]
- Know what not to answer – CAT 2018 exam will have negative marking. So one can improve their score by getting better at recognising what they should not answer and avoid negative scores.
- Make your strong points even stronger – Focus on your strengths and make sure that you ace all questions asked in such topics which you are good at. It is not highly recommended to spend too much time on weaknesses in last month.
- Relax – Take care of your health. Eat healthy, drink good amount of water. Sleep on time and keep your morale high. You can do it!
When going for the exam, focus on doing your best. Cut off analysis will come promptly after exam concludes. The usual trend is that highest cut offs go for old IIMS (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, Kozhikode, Indore, Shillong); cutoffs are a little lower for new IIMs (Udaipur, Ranchi, Trichy, Rohtak, Raipur, Kashipur); and usually on lower side for baby IIMS (Visakhapatnam, Nagpur, Amritsar, Bodhgaya, Sirmaur, Sambalpur, Jammu).
How to download CAT 2018 Admit Card?
Candidates can download Admit Card of CAT 2018 in online mode at iimcat.ac.in. All the steps to be followed to get to it are explained here.
Step 1 – Reach CAT 2018 Admit Card Download page.
First of all, one has to go to official website iimcat.ac.in. There is no separate link to download admit card, instead one has to click on ‘Login’ link.
Or, avoid this step and directly click admit card link given on this page.
Step 2 – Login.
Having reached admit card download page, candidate now has to login. This is accomplished by entering user ID and password and thereupon clicking the login link.
Step 3 – Download Admit Card
Upon reaching candidate dashboard all that remains is to get to the admit card. To do that, simply follow the intuitive steps.
First of all, the note appears on screen that ‘Your application form has been submitted successfully’. Click the close button.
As soon as you close the note, you will see that there are three tabs – ‘Applicant Details’, ‘Application PDF’, ‘Admit Card’. Click the third tab that is Admit Card.
Now you come across a drop down menu with text ‘Assessment’. In the drop down, select ‘Common Admission Test CAT 2018 25th Nov 2018’.
Then click the search button.
Next you will see an actionable link ‘download’. Click it
CAT 2018 Admit Card automatically gets downloaded. Download and print it.
Step 4 – Print it.
Now attach a printer to the system or connect mobile with a printer and print the CAT 2018 Admit Card. Use a laser printer and take a color printout.
Color printout gives a more clear print and makes details more legible hence it is advisable to take a color print.
Photograph to be fixed in admit card
Candidates need to affix a passport size photograph in the admit card. It should be the same photograph that was uploaded in IIM CAT 2018 Application Form. The same should be pasted in the space provided in the admit card.
Documents required for exam day
Candidates must carry only the following items on the day of the exam.
- CAT 2018 Admit Card printout with the photograph
- One original valid photo ID card such as college ID, employer ID, driving license, passport, PAN card, voter ID, aadhaar card, identification affidavit.
Authorities shall not permit any other item inside the exam centre.
Candidates must appear for exam as per reporting time mentioned in admit card. It is
- 7:30 AM for Forenoon session | Last reporting time – 8:45 AM
- 1:00 PM for Afternoon session | Last reporting time – 2:15 PM
Session is allotted at random to each test taker. Exam session and center both cannot be changed once allotted.
What to do if CAT 2018 Admit Card is blank?
If you log in and come face to face with a blank admit card, do not hit the panic button. This is a common situation as was observed last time. It has a simple solution.
The most common reason of getting a blank admit card is if a candidate has done multiple registrations and the account logged in is not of the last registration.
What happens is that when a candidate registers multiple times, then only the last registration is counted and considered. So admit card is generated only for the last registration.
Therefore those who get a blank admit card should first of all check their login credentials and ensure that it is of the last registration they did.
What to do if admit card cannot be downloaded?
If the Admit Card of CAT 2018 is not showing on screen even after logging in, please get in touch with CAT Helpdesk:
- Toll free: 18002090830
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Download CAT 2018 Admit Card if forgot Login Details?
To download the CAT 2018 Admit Card, it is important for the candidates to enter the login credentials. However, those who did not remember their User Id/ Password can get the same through online mode only. To retrieve the CAT 2018 Login Details, simply follow the instructions as given below.
- On the CAT 2018 Candidate Login page, click on the link which says “Forgot User ID/ Password”.
- Next, enter your Email ID in the required field and Click on “Get User ID/ Password” button to submit it.
- A message will appear that You will receive a mail shortly with your User ID and Password.
- Lastly, check your email id for the CAT 2018 Login Details.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
CAT 2018 will have three sections – I (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension or VARC), II (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning or DILR), III (Quantitative Aptitude or QA).
Candidates will have to attempt the exam in 3 hours, with exactly 1 hour per section. One cannot switch sections while taking the test.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) exam is administered every year with slight changes in pattern. Last year – in 2017 – there were 34 questions in VARC (24 MCQs + 10 TITA), 32 questions in DILR (24 MCQs + 8 TITA), 34 questions in QA (19 MCQs + 15 TITA).
In 2016 also the total number of questions in respective sections were the system, albeit with different distribution among multiple choice questions (MCQs) and type in the answer type (TITA).
Candidates will get a virtual calculator during the test. Also there will be an on screen keyboard to type in answers of non MCQ questions.
Important Instructions for the Candidates
With just a month left for CAT 2018, here is a reminder about some important instructions.
- The students must download their admit card for CAT through online mode from the CAT website. No Admit Card will be available for download after the completion of the test.
- You should reach the test center at least 30 minutes before the reporting time
- You have to carry only the print out of the CAT 2018 Admit Card and original Photo ID proof inside the test hall.
- Applicants who have opted for using a scribe MUST also carry the duly filled Scribe Affidavit (available on the CAT website) along with the Photo ID proof (original plus a copy) of the scribe.
- Your Admit Card (plus scribe affidavit if applicable) will be collected by the test invigilator and WILL NOT be returned to you. Furthermore, these will be retained by the invigilator.
- Electronic gadgets like any kind of watch, mobile phones, earphones, microphones, pager, health band, etc, furthermore, stationery items like any printed/blank/handwritten paper, pencil box, pouch, calculator etc., are NOT allowed inside the test center.
- Candidates wearing shoes or any other closed footwear WILL have to leave the footwear (including socks) outside the exam hall. However, you can wear open Footwear like chappals, sandals etc.
- On the day of the test, your digital fingerprint scan will be captured. Candidates whose fingerprints are not digitally scanned due to reasons like applying Mehndi/henna / any cosmetic colors etc., may not sit in the test. Hence, it is strongly recommended that you avoid applying Mehndi on your hands (palm side) for at least 5 days prior to the test.
If you have any queries about the CAT 2018 Admit Card, then let us know in the comment section below.
CAT 2018 Admit Card FAQs
Some of the most commonly raised concerns regarding CAT Admit Card 2018 have been answered here.
Qs. What should I do if I am unable to find my User ID or password?
Ans. If you do not have your user ID or password, then please go to Existing User Login and click ‘Forgot User ID/Password’ button. Then key in registered Email ID and captcha that appears on screen. You will then receive User ID/Password on registered Email ID.
Qs. What should I do if I have received multiple passwords?
Ans. Please refer to the most recent password that you received via SMS. If that does not work, please go to login page and click the forgot password button. Enter your email ID and get password by email.
Qs. Will I get CAT Admit Card 2018 by post?
Ans. No, IIM Calcutta (which is the organizing institute for CAT 2018) shall not send CAT Admit Card 2018 by post or any means besides making it available through candidate login.
Non Disclosure Agreement
Candidates are bound by a non disclosure agreement per which they cannot reveal or transmit any content of CAT exam either verbally or in written or in electronic form. If they do so then it shall be in violation of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and/or the Copyright Act, 1957 and/or the Information Technology Act, 2000. This shall be a ‘cognizable offence’.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.