CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 1 – CAT 2018 is being conducted in two slots on November 25, 2018. This time, IIM Calcutta is the exam conducting body of this national level management entrance exam. Once the exam has been conducted, we will be providing you with exam analysis of the CAT 2018 Slot 1. eh exam analysis of CAT 2018 will be available at around 12:00 PM, after about 02 lakh candidates have taken their exam. We at Aglasem will be providing you with all the answers to your queries related to the difficulty level of the exam, types of question or any issues faced by a candidate while attempting them or not. This page has been solely created for this purpose. To know which among the 3 sections i.e whether the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension or Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning or Quantitative Ability had tricky questions or not, a candidate can keep reading!
कैट एग्जाम एनालिसिस 2018 – हिंदी में
CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 1
CAT 2018 Analysis will also be released for Slot 2, by us. Many other renowned coaching institutes will be releasing their interpretations in the form of 2018 Analysis for Slot 1. In our case, CAT 2018 Analysis for session 1 has been prepared by taking the valuable feedback or reviews from the candidates, who had appeared for the exam. The analysis of CAT 2018 Slot 1 will be prepared on the basis of the following criteria – difficulty level, number of applicants, number of Non- MCQ type questions, question type, cut off prediction and changes in the exam pattern.
|CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 1||Important Date|
|Exam Date||25 Nov 2018|
|CAT 2018 Analysis – Slot 1
|After 12:00 PM|
|Result Date||2nd week of Jan 2019|
|IIMs Admission Process||Just after the announcement of the result|
CAT 2018 Analysis Slot 1 – Available!
- Quantitative Ability section had 34 number of questions, and it was of the MODERATE difficulty level. Most of the questions were asked from Arithmatics.
- Verbal Ability section had 34 number of questions, and it was EASY in comparison to last year.
- DILR section also had 34 number of questions, and it was a bit time consuming and of the MODERATE-DIFFICULT level.
- This year, no questions of Arrangements in the Logical Reasoning section.
- In the Quantitative Ability section, the question from topics like Permutation and Combination was difficult.
- There were a total of 7 number of MCQ questions in the VARC section.
CAT 2018 Analysis Slot 1 – Section wise
Section I – Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- There were a total of 34 number of questions from the VARC section
- There were a total of 7 MCQ type questions from the Verbal Ability
- From the Reading Comprehension part, there were a total of 04 passages had 05 questions and 01 passage had 04 questions.
- VARC was easy as last year, hence the candidates can score good marks in this section.
|Name of the Topic||Number of Questions|
|Odd one out||03|
The good score in the VARC section is 22-23
Section II – Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- In the DILR section, there were 24 MCQ type question and 10 Non-MCQ type questions.
- It was of the Moderate-Difficult level, however, many students have said that it was easy in comparison to last year
- In the DI section, the questions from Puzzles topic was easy, no circular arrangements, rankings easy and no games and tournaments questions.
- There was only 01 question from the Pie-chart
The pattern of CAT 2017 slot 1 & 2 was pretty much similar, as per student’s reviews. The difficulty level was even said to be somewhat similar. There was a technical fault in the 2nd slot of the exam, last year, other than that the exam was conducted smoothly by the IIM Lucknow.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
Once a candidate has appeared for CAT 2018, he or she will be then able to estimate their chances of meeting the cut off marks with the help of the CAT Answer Key. Usually, the exam conducting body for the year is expected to release the official answer key. So, it is expected that IIM Calcutta will be releasing it for this year. It will be released in online mode.
As per the marking scheme, further, a candidate will able to mark accordingly as per the marking scheme provided above. Also, the CAT 2018 answer key will have the option to be challenged, in case of any objections. But candidates must send their objections in a prescribed format, along with a fee of Rs.1000 per question within the stipulated time period.
Previous Year CAT Exam Analysis
We had a look at this year’s CAT exam analysis for session 1 but let’s also quickly go through previous year’s exam analysis.
- CAT 2017 – Students felt Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension sections were a cakewalk, from having easy to understand passages to be able to manage the time, it was an added advantage provided to them. As per Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section was concerned it was not just unsolvable but the questions were tricky, difficult and what not. Quantitative Ability had mixed type of questions. Some of them were solvable while others were tricky.
- CAT 2016 – Last time, when IIM Bangalore had conducted this admission test, most of the candidates were said to be scared with the number of tough questions, that had appeared in each section. The options and question order seemed to be a little altered. CAT 2016’s difficulty level was said to outpass the difficulty level of CAT 2015.
CAT 2016 Paper Leak Makes The Authorities Think Twice About Security Arrangements!
One of the test takers, named Naga Venkata Vaibhav Saladi leaked the CAT 2018 slot 2 paper over his Facebook wall. Candidates were terrified with the release of such news as there was a possibility of retest being conducted and the cancellation of the exam conducted prior. But, later the conducting body of CAT 2017 released a statement clearing the air of no such retest shall be conducted and advised candidates not to pay attention to such rumors. But such an incident surely raised many questions regarding the stringent security laws, the respective IIMs lays every year for this exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.