CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 2 – The analysis for CAT 2018 for Slot 2 has been published on November 25, 2018, prior after 5.30 PM. The Analysis for CAT 2018 for Slot 1 has also been released. IIM Calcutta has conducted CAT 2018 Examination. The analysis for CAT 2018 for both the shifts is available. Through CAT 2018 Analysis, candidates now get to know about the difficulty level of the examination, good scores of the examination and number of questions. Basically, CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 2 tells about the breaking topic about what has happened in CAT 2018 Examination. To grasp more information about CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 2, candidates can go through this article.
Latest: The Slot 2 Question Paper and Response Sheet is available for download. Click Here to download it.
Also, read- Complete CAT Analysis for Slot 2
CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 2
CAT 2018 will be conducted in two different shifts i.e. in the afternoon and evening. The Analysis for CAT 2018 will also be published after the examination as per the shifts respectively. Candidates can have a look at the schedule given below to know about CAT 2018 Analysis for Slot 2.
|CAT 2018 Analysis||Dates|
|CAT 2018 Examination||25 Nov 2018|
|Publication of CAT 2018 Analysis Slot 2||25 Nov 2018 (by 06;00 PM)|
|CAT Result 2018||2nd week of Jan 2019|
CAT 2018 Analysis Slot 2
- There were 34 number of questions from VARC section, 32 from DILR section and 34 in QA
- Quantitative Ability was a bit lengthy and difficult
- DILR was as usual difficult this year as well as compared to slot 1 paper.
- VARC section of slot 2 paper is a bit tougher than the slot 1.
Noteworthy Points about CAT 2018 Analysis
There are some main key worthy points about CAT 2019 Analysis which candidates must be aware of. The points are given below:
- The first thing which candidates have to keep in ind is that CAT 2018 will be conducted in 2 shifts. Shift 1 will be conducted from 09.00 AM to 12.00 PM whereas Shift 2 will take place from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
- The analysis for Shift 1 will be available soon after the Shift 1 is over and the analysis for other examination will be made available after the Shift 2.
- It is to be kept in mind that there are various coaching institutes such as Career Launcher, T.I.M.E, which also release the analysis of the exam.
- An expected cut off can also be predicted on the basis of CAT 2018 Analysis.
CAT 2018 Exam Analysis for Slot 2 by Coaching Institutes
There are some coaching institutes such as Byjus, Career Launcher, TIME etc who release the exam analysis for CAT as per Slot 1 and Slot 2. The analysis for CAT 2018 by the coaching institutes not only provides the candidates with an overall analysis of the examination rather it is further divided for each section and every slot. The Coaching Institutes publish the CAT Analysis an hour or two later after the examination is over. In conclusion, candidates can check the analysis of CAT Exam 2018 for slot 2 published by Career Launcher, TIME so forth and so on.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern is a noteworthy element for the candidates who will be preparing for CAT 2018. Candidates can look at the information given below for the same:
- For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 03 marks.
- No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- There will be negative marking of 01 marks for MCQ type questions.
- There will be no negative marking for the questions which are not Multiple Choice Questions in nature.
Candidates can have a look at the table given below to know a number of questions, section – wise.
|Name of the Section||Total number of MCQs||Total Number of Non – MCQs||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quant||23 – 27||7 to 11||34||102|
|VARC||24 – 27||7 to 10||34||102|
Previous Year Analysis
CAT 2017 Analysis
Candidates can check the information provided below to have a knowledge about the analysis of the year 2017.
- CAT 2017 had few doable questions like VARC and QA section and only a few doable questions in DILR section.
- The arrangement of questions was also different excluding the difficulty level.
- Candidates who appeared in Slot 2 found LR questions doable as compared to the candidates belongng to the Slot 1.
- There were technical errors at the Delhi Centre, candidates belonging to this center were shifted to another centre.
CAT 2016 Analysis
CAT is an examination which is famously termed as the most difficult exam to crack. There were quite a few doable questions across the sections for the year 2016. The number of difficult questions were high in numbers. Also, the examination dealt with tricky questions as well which led to the silly mistakes done by the students. The cut off was also a bit high keeping in mind the track record of previous years to 2016. Candidates can refer to the information provided below to know about the status of the questions and their difficulty level.
Paper Leak was major shock that CAT 2016 examination has been leaked. There were screenshots of the the exam window that were circulating in the social media.
Previous Year Slot 1 Vs Slot 2
Candidates can have a glimpse at the information given below to know about the difference in CAT 2017 Slot 1 and Slot 2.
- Issues: The Slot 2 went smoothly without any error unlike Slot 1.
- Pattern: The pattern for both the slots were same.
- Difficulty Level: Both the slots were on equal ground when it comes to difficulty level.
- Security Check: There was a very strict security checking at the time of both the slots. The candidates were not allowed to wear any kind of jewellery, closed shoes / slippers, accessories.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
IIM Calcutta will release the answer key for CAT 2018 after the examination has been conducted. As per the last year, the answer key was released one week after the examination. Candidates will be able to check their answer key by visiting the official website which is http://www.iimcat.ac.in. If candidates find any objections in the answer key then candidates can pay Rs 1,000 per question.
What is CAT 2018 Exam Analysis?
The analysis for CAT 2018 Exam will be consisting of the difficulty level of every topic, scores in each section, number of questions asked in every subject.
CAT 2018 Cut- Off by IIM Ahmedabad
Candidates can have a look at the cut – off scores released by IIM Ahmedabad for CAT 2018.
|Category||Percentile Rank in Verbal & Reading Comprehension (PVRC)||Percentile rank in Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (PDILR)||Percentile Rank in Quantitative Aptitude (PQA)||Overall Percentile Rank|
|NC-OBC cum transgender||65||65||65||75|
|PwD (All categories except ST)||60||60||60||70|
CAT 2018 Cut Off by FMS, DU
Candidates can have a look at cut – off percentage released of Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University.
|Name of the Sections||Cut off|
CAT 2018 Cut Off by SPJIMR
Candidates can have a glimpse at the cut off percentile released by SPJIMR.
|Name of the Section||Cut off Percentile|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||75|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||75|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.