The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level management test which is conducted by AICTE. All AICTE approved Institutes and affiliated colleges of Universities will accept CMAT scores. CMAT exam is conducted only once a year. CMAT comprises of four sections namely Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. The total duration of the examination will be 3 hours. CMAT 2019 will be held in the month of January 2019.The CMAT 2019 exam score will be valid for the admissions to the academic year 2019-20 only. Get here complete details of CMAT 2019 such as date, eligibility, application form, registration, admit card, result, cut off.
MBA and likewise program admission in several AICTE recognized institutions is through CMAT 2019.
|Registration opens at aicte-cmat.in||Third week of Oct 2018|
|End of application form submission for CMAT January 2019||Last week of Dec 2018|
|Last date for payment of fee||Last week of Dec 2018|
|Downloading of Admit Card||First week of Jan 2019|
|Exam date||Third week of Jan 2019|
|Last date for objection||Last week of Jan 2019|
|Result announcement||Second week of Feb 2019|
|Print out of score cards||Second week of Feb 2019|
Note: The score of AICTE CMAT 2019 is accepted by AICTE-Approved Institutions / University Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges. Also, the date of result is tentative and will be confirmed after the release of admit card.
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligibility conditions so as to apply for the examination.
Nationality: Indian nationals are eligible to apply for common management admission test.
Academic Qualification: The candidate must have completed the graduate-level education in any discipline.
- Final year students of graduate courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2019-20 can also apply for CMAT online exam.
CMAT Registration 2019
Candidates are required to register for CMAT before the last date in order to appear for the exam. Know more about registration here:
- AICTE will be making CMAT Registration 2019 available from third week of oct 2018.
- The mode of filling the application form and submitting it will be in online mode.
- It is advisable to, first of all, verify eligibility.
- There will be three steps to CMAT Registration namely basic registration, fee payment, entering details. To do initial registration, candidates have to fill basic details in the registration for CMAT. This leads to fee payment option. Once the fee is paid, candidates can enter other details in the form and submit it.
- Upload photograph of dimension 140 x 60 pixels and size less than 60 kb. Also, upload signature of dimension 60 x 90 pixels and size less than 30 kb.
- Application fee is Rs 1400 for Gen/OBC, Rs 700 for females / SC / ST / PWD. Available modes of paying the fee include online using the credit card, debit card, net banking; and offline using challan.
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
- The admit card/call letter/hall ticket will be available for download from first week of Jan, 2019.
- It is important to realize that e-hall ticket will be available only in online mode and the candidate can download the same at CMAT website by entering Email ID and Password.
- The Hall ticket is the compulsory document which is required to bring in the examination hall so as to appear in the examination.
- Admit card carries the essential information such as name, roll number, date and venue of the exam, reporting time and a lot more.
- AICTE CMAT 2019 hall ticket is strictly not transferable. The candidates must be get updated regarding the release of the admit card and should stick the schedule.
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
As CMAT 2019 is one of the most prestigious and toughest exams, therefore, it is required to know the exam pattern of the same. CMAT is the online test which is conducted in AICTE. The candidates are required to go through the paper carefully so as to familiarize with the same. The CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern is illustrated here.
Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours) will be given to solve the paper.
Sections: The paper is divided into four sections.
No. of Questions: There are 100 total questions in the exam.
Type: The exam is objective type with multiple options and only one possible answer.
Mode: CMAT 2019 is an online based exam.
- For each correct answer, FOUR (4) marks will be awarded.
- For each wrong response, ONE (1) mark will be subtracted.
- The exam will be of total 400 marks.
|Section||Maximum marks||No. of questions|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||100||25|
|Total||400 marks||100 questions|
CMAT 2019 Syllabus
AICTE does not have a defined syllabus for CMAT exam. Following are the major topics to be covered in each section of CMAT
- Language Comprehension
It covers comprehensive English test which includes the test of grammar, tenses, vocabulary, jumbled paragraphs and reading comprehension.
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Data interpretation segment will require basic calculation skills, the topics from which most of the questions appear in quant are arithmetic (ratios, mixtures, work, averages, profit & loss, basic statistics etc), number properties, probability and counting principles with one or two odd questions in geometry and derivatives (i.e. maxima –minima).
- Logical Reasoning
This segment has topics related to linear, seating, sequencing & arranging with conditions to coding. Other questions are based on statement-conclusion, logical puzzle, numerical puzzle, Venn Diagram, true/false statements, visual reasoning etc.
- General awareness
This section can be divided into three parts and each part has to be given due weight age. Conventional GK, Current GK, Economics GK.
CMAT Preparation Strategy
Candidates must have already started preparing for the CMAT 2019 exam. Here are a few more preparatory tips for candidates to prepare better for the CMAT 2019 exam:
- Practice all the topics in the syllabus. Do not leave any topic for the last few days. This is the right time to practice and polish your knowledge. Do not burden yourself with any new topic, formula or shortcut right before the exam. Simply focus on assimilating whatever you have learned in the last few months.
- Start analyzing your performance by appearing in mock tests. A lot of mock tests are available online. Try giving as many mock tests as they can to build up speed and understanding of examination.
- Have a clearly defined strategy and sequence of attempts. Invest more time into the Mathematics and Reasoning section.
- To prepare well for the GK section be thorough with all the news and current affairs that have happened in the last 6 months.
- Expect the Reasoning section to be lengthy and Maths section to be challenging. Hence, do not get stuck at one question and keep moving forward. Don’t lose confidence if you cannot answer a question.
- Spend at least a few hours of your day on a daily basis towards reading newspaper headlines, editorials, magazines etc. Try to be as diverse as possible in choice of topics ranging from politics, economics, technology, and sports. This will relax your mind, help in comprehension and add to your GK repository.
- Please ensure that you sleep well for a minimum of seven-eight hours during the night.Maintain a healthy diet and do not take a mock on the day before your CMAT exam.
CMAT 2019 Result
The CMAT 2019 Result will be published in February 2019. Candidates can check the website regularly after CMAT exam 2019. CMAT 2019 results would be available on the official website. Candidates would be able to view their all India merit list, State merit list and scorecard from the website. Also they can download their score card in a pdf format from the official website. After the release of the result a direct link to view the same will be available below.
CMAT 2019 Cutoff
The cutoffs will be available with the results of admission and seat allotment. Cut off CMAT 2019 refers to minimum scores at which colleges shortlist you. The cutoffs are separate for all the reservation categories and general category. Once the CMAT 2019 cutoff is out the candidates will be able to form an idea of the college they would be able to apply for. This idea can be more concrete by comparing the cutoffs for the previous year.
CMAT 2019 Selection Rounds after Results
- Once CMAT 2019 result comes out institutes where one has applied start shortlisting candidates. The next rounds will be GD and PI or written ability test in the CMAT 2019 selection process.
- The GD will be a standard Group Discussion which may comprise of discussion on a topic allotted prior the GD. The candidates may or may not be given some time to jot down a few points.
- Generally, the GD is not kept as the elimination round in most of the colleges. But, the selection process of CMAT 2019 at the college level will be specific to the policies of the college itself. Hence, the variation can be there.
- After the GD, the candidates will attend one by one personal interview or analysis of the written ability which will also vary from college to college. Institutes thereby take into account answering ability, the presence of mind, general knowledge and perspective and the overall fitness of the candidate in the profession and studies.
The final merit releases at institute level and its release will mark the completion of CMAT 2019 Selection Process.