CMAT 2019 – National Testing Agency has started the registration for CMAT 2019 on November 01, 2018 at 11 AM. CMAT 2019 Registration can be done until December 07, 2018, at official website ntacmat.nic.in. Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2019 will be held on January 28, 2019, in two shifts. First shift will be from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Second shift will be from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Candidates who apply now before the last date will be able to download admit card from 07 Jan 2019. NTA CMAT 2019 is a computer based test of 3 hours. It is a national level management entrance exam. Score obtained in CMAT exam is considered to shortlist candidates for admission to MBA / PGDM programmes in AICTE-Approved institutions / university departments / constituent colleges / affiliated colleges. You can check complete information of CMAT 2019 including exam date, registration, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, from this page.
Management Colleges such as Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Goa Institute of Management, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Great Lakes Institute of Management, are few on the list which accepts CMAT score.
CMAT 2019 Exam Date
The candidates can check the complete schedule for CMAT exam 2019 from the table below.
|CMAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Online registration for CMAT 2019 starts from||01 Nov 2018|
|Last date to submit CMAT 2019 Online Application|
|Last date for documents uploading and fee payment||08 Dec 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|Issuance of CMAT 2019 Admit card||07 Jan 2019|
|CMAT 2019 Exam date||28 Jan 2019
First shift – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m
Second shift – 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m
|Display of CMAT 2019 Answer Key and Recorded Responses||28 Jan 2019
First shift – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m
Second shift – 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m
|Declaration of Result for CMAT exam||08 Feb 2019|
CMAT 2019 Application Form
The registration for CMAT 2019 has been started at the official website of NTA. Below are the steps to apply online for CMAT 2019 exam:
- To apply for the entrance exam, the aspirants will first have to register online.
- Then proceed to fill in details in the CMAT 2019 Application Form. You have to enter details regarding Personal information, Educational Qualification Details, etc
- Pay the application fee
- Upload the scanned images and signature.
Note 1: At the time of CMAT Registration, the candidates should provide their own email id and mobile number. Once the registration is done, the aspirants will get the necessary login details and the same will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number.
Note 2: Before the candidates pay the application fee and submit the form, it is advised that you should verify that the details submitted by you are correct or not. NTA has provided the form correction facility for the other exams which comes under it, but it will not be available for CMAT. Thus it is best not to take such risk and provide correct information. The application fee for CMAT 2019 is payable in 4 modes.
The NTA has not changed the application fee for CMAT 2019 and it is same as last year. Hence, the candidates will have to pay the following amount to submit the CMAT 2019 Application Form:
|General/ OBC||Rs. 1400 + bank charges|
|Female/SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 700 + bank charges|
|Transgender||Rs. 700 + bank charges|
CMAT 2019 Changes
1. The biggest change in CMAT 2019 is that the exam will be held in two shifts. Until last year, exam took place only in one shift.
2. Second change is that candidates will have to select 4 exam cities instead of 3 during CMAT 2019 Registration.
With a new exam conducting body in the picture, candidates were anticipating radical changes in the entrance exam. However, at the very beginning only, new exam conducting body for CMAT, which is NTA, had specified that there will be no change in the following:
- Exam Pattern
- Application Fee
- Eligibility Criteria
Nevertheless, minor changes which anyhow happen yearly do take place like increase/ decrease in the number of CMAT 2019 Test Centers. One change that candidates would like to happen is for NTA to provide an online form correction facility.
CMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to appear for the entrance exam must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as given by NTA. The exam conducting body does not check the eligibility criteria of the candidates at the time of registration or when appearing for the test. However, it is verified after the declaration of the result. If found, that one is not eligible for admission, the candidature of such students will be canceled.
The eligibility criteria for appearing for CMAT 2019 is given below.
- Nationality: Indian nationals are eligible to apply for common management admission test.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate must have completed the graduate-level education in any discipline
- Final Year of Graduation: Those who are in the Final year of their graduation course (10+2+3) and whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2019-20 can also apply for CMAT online exam
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
As CMAT 2019 is one of the most prestigious and toughest exams, therefore, it is required to know the exam pattern of the same. CMAT is the online test which was conducted by AICTE, but from now it will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). The candidates are required to go through the paper carefully so as to familiarize with the same. The CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern is illustrated here.
- Duration of the exam: 180 minutes (3 hours) will be given to solve the paper.
- Number of Sections: The paper is divided into four sections.
- Number of Questions: There are 100 total questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: The exam is objective type with multiple options and only one possible answer.
|Section||Maximum marks||No. of questions|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||100||25|
|Total||400 marks||100 questions|
- For each correct answer, FOUR (4) marks will be awarded.
- For each wrong response, ONE (1) mark will be subtracted.
- NO marks will be deducted for unmarked questions
- The exam will be of total 400 marks.
CMAT 2019 Syllabus
Neither did AICTE nor NTA has provided any defined syllabus for CMAT exam. However, on the basis of past year question papers and exam analysis, the major topics to be covered in each section of CMAT 2019 are given below.
CMAT 2019 Syllabus for Language Comprehension
It covers comprehensive English test which includes the test of:
- Para Jumble
- Paragraph Completion
- One- word Substitution
- Synonyms & Antonyms.
- Reading Comprehension
CMAT 2019 Syllabus for Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Data interpretation segment will require basic calculation skills, the topics from which most of the questions appear in quant are:
- Number Systems
- Ratio & Proportion
- Speed Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit Loss
- Pipes & Cistern
- Quadratic & Linear Equation
- Line graph
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
CMAT 2019 Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
This segment has topics related to:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Linear Arrangements
- Statements Arguments
- Matrix Arrangements
- Number Series
- Analogy Test
- Blood Relationship Tests
- Coding and Decoding
- Statements and Conclusion
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Symbol Based Problems
- Direction and Distance Test
- Ranking Tests
- Statements Assumptions
CMAT 2019 Syllabus for General awareness
This section can be divided into three parts and each part has to be given due weight age. Conventional GK, Current GK, Economics GK, National and International Current Affairs.
- Click Here to know the complete study schedule for CMAT 2019 Exam Preparation.
NTA CMAT 2019 Test Practice Centres
Already a network of test practice centres has been established by NTA for CMAT 2019. Candidates can avail their services to familiarize with computer based test format. Candidates must go to nta.ac.in to register to appear for TPC and coordinate with qualified professional Nodal Officers and staff of TPC to take tests there.
CMAT 2019 Test Centers
The list of test centers for CMAT 2019 has been announced by the exam conducting body. Candidates can check here list of test centers. The candidates shall have to give at least 04 preferences for the test centers at the time of filling in details in the CMAT Application Form.
|Delhi/ New Delhi||Kochi||Coimbatore|
|Kadi/Mehsana||Jabalpur||Allahabad / Prayagraj|
|Vadodara||Aurangabad (MR)||Greater Noida / Noida|
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
Those who will successfully submit the application form with complete payment before the last date, will be issued the CMAT 2019 Admit Card on January 07, 2019. The applicants will get their admit card through online mode only. The exam conducting body will not send the admit card through post to the candidates individually. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the print out of the CMAT Admit Card on the day of the test. To download it you need to log in by entering details such as Application Number, and Password.
It will carry all the necessary information such as name, roll number, date and venue of the exam, reporting time and a lot more. Furthermore, along with the admit card, you will also have to carry a valid id proof.
- Last entry for first shift: 8:30 AM
- Last entry for second shift: 1:30 PM
Best Books for CMAT 2019 Preparation
The preparation material for CMAT exam is available both online and in the market as well. However, it is important that the candidates should differentiate between study material and a good study material. Books and the study material plays a huge role in the preparation for the exam. You must invest your valuable time only on the best. Hence, to help the candidates prepare better for the exam, we have listed down some books for CMAT exam 2019 preparation. Check it below.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|CMAT Study Guide 2019||Gautam Puri||Click Here|
|The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT 2019||S. K. Sinha, S. Satyanarayan, J.S. Rana||Click Here|
|CMAT 2019 (15 Practice sets)||Gautam Puri||Click Here|
|CMAT Entrance Guide with Mock Test CD 2nd Edition||Disha Experts||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CMAT and Other MBA Entrance Examinations||Jaimin Shah||Click Here|
|Study Package for CMAT 1st Edition||Arun Sharma Meenakshi Upadhyay||Click Here|
|CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) Guide||RPH Editorial Board||Click Here|
|CLAT Study Kit (Legal Reasoning, English, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, and Legal Awareness & General Knowledge)||Deepu Krishna & Ramya Krishna||Click Here|
|The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT Common Management Admission Test||SK Sinha, S Satyanarayana, Col. JS Rana||Click Here|
CMAT 2019 Preparation Strategy
Candidates must have already started preparing for the CMAT 2019 exam. Here are a few more preparatory tips for candidates to prepare better for the CMAT 2019 exam:
- Practice all the topics in the syllabus. Do not leave any topic for the last few days. This is the right time to practice and polish your knowledge. Do not burden yourself with any new topic, formula or shortcut right before the exam. Simply focus on assimilating whatever you have learned in the last few months.
- Start analyzing your performance by appearing in mock tests. A lot of mock tests are available online. Try giving as many mock tests as they can to build up speed and understanding of examination.
- Have a clearly defined strategy and sequence of attempts. Invest more time into the Mathematics and Reasoning section.
- To prepare well for the GK section be thorough with all the news and current affairs that have happened in the last 6 months.
- Expect the Reasoning section to be lengthy and Maths section to be challenging. Hence, do not get stuck at one question and keep moving forward. Don’t lose confidence if you cannot answer a question.
- Spend at least a few hours of your day on a daily basis towards reading newspaper headlines, editorials, magazines etc. Try to be as diverse as possible in choice of topics ranging from politics, economics, technology, and sports. This will relax your mind, help in comprehension and add to your GK repository.
- Please ensure that you sleep well for a minimum of seven-eight hours during the night.Maintain a healthy diet and do not take a mock on the day before your CMAT exam.
Previous Year Exam Analysis for CMAT
The exam analysis provided here is as per the information provided on the website of the Coaching Institute.
The first section, which was, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation (QTDI) was slightly on the moderate level in terms of difficulty. There were fewer number of calculation-intensive questions. The questions were spread across a wide range of topics viz., Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Linear Equations, Geometry, Inequalities, P&C, Probability, Sets & Venn Diagrams, etc. There were three (03) questions based on Data Interpretation, one (01) each on Table, Pie Chart, and Caselet.
The Logical Reasoning (LR) section had most questions on the difficult side. Questions included from topics such as coding-decoding, direction sense, alpha-numeric-symbolic series, cubes, Venn diagrams, family tree, matrix arrangements (distributions), comparisons, series based, logical consistency. Questions on matrix arrangements (distributions) had a lot of questions, which made them a little more time consuming to solve.
In the Language Comprehension (LC) section, there were a total of 15 questions. Three of the RC passages had just one or two paragraphs and had three questions each. The students commented that the fourth passage was relatively longer and had six questions. The Verbal Ability segment had ten questions, which included questions on Synonyms/ Antonyms, Analogies, Fact-Inference-Judgement, Figures of Speech, Meaning of words and their usage in sentences, etc. Hence, it was observed that the Language Comprehension section was of moderate level
Furthermore, the General Awareness (GA) section was moderate in difficulty level and had questions on topics such as Indian Constitution, Indian Penal Code, General Science including topics related to health and diseases, Politics, Banking, Quotation by a famous personality, Sports, and Current events.
CMAT 2019 Answer Key and Recorded Responses
- NTA shall display answer key of CMAT 2019 with recorded responses of candidates on a date decided by it.
- Both these details will be uploaded at ntacmat.nic.in.
- Candidates can check correct answers of all questions in CMAT 2019 Answer Key.
- They can also check answers marked by them in CMAT 2019 Recorded Response Sheet.
- If anyone is dissatisfied with answer key and recorded responses, they can file challenge through an online application form.
- For every challenge, candidates must pay Rs 1000 per question.
CMAT 2019 Result
The CMAT 2019 Result will be published in February 08, 2019. It would be available on the official website of NTA. To check the result for CMAT 2019, the candidates will have to log in to their account. As per last year’s information, two type of merit list shall be prepared and published – an All India Merit List, and the other is State Merit List. The merit list indicates Roll number, Rank and the Score of all the candidates. The score for CMAT 2019 will be valid for the academic year 2019-2020. The calculation of the marks is done as per the marking scheme given by the exam conducting body.
CMAT 2019 Cutoff
The cutoffs will be available with the results of admission and seat allotment. Cut off CMAT 2019 refers to minimum scores at which colleges shortlist you. The cutoffs are separate for all the reservation categories and general category. Once the CMAT 2019 cutoff is out the candidates will be able to form an idea of the college they would be able to apply for. This idea can be more concrete by comparing the cutoffs for the previous year.
Previous Year Cut Off for Top B-Schools of Accepting the CMAT score
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||99.92|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.85|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.20|
|Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai||99.06|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||99.06|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS), Pune||96.42|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Jharkhand||95|
CMAT 2019 Selection Rounds after Results
- Once CMAT 2019 result comes out institutes where one has applied start shortlisting candidates. The next rounds will be GD and PI or written ability test in the CMAT 2019 selection process.
- The GD will be a standard Group Discussion which may comprise of discussion on a topic allotted prior the GD. The candidates may or may not be given some time to jot down a few points.
- Generally, the GD is not kept as the elimination round in most of the colleges. But, the selection process of CMAT 2019 at the college level will be specific to the policies of the college itself. Hence, the variation can be there.
- After the GD, the candidates will attend one by one personal interview or analysis of the written ability which will also vary from college to college. Institutes thereby take into account answering ability, the presence of mind, general knowledge and perspective and the overall fitness of the candidate in the profession and studies.
The final merit releases at institute level and its release will mark the completion of CMAT 2019 Selection Process.
Colleges Accepting CMAT 2019 Score
There are over 100 management colleges which accept the CMAT score for admission in various management programs. The candidates can check the list of the MBA colleges accepting CMAT 2019 score from the table below.
|MBA college||City||CMAT cut off percentile score||Average Placement (Rs. in lakhs)|
|JBIMS Mumbai: Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||99.99||18.76|
|SIMSREE Mumbai: Sydenham Institute of Management Studies And Research And Entrepreneurship Education||Mumbai||99.96||10.6|
|Great Lakes Chennai: Great Lakes Institute of Management – GLIM||Chennai, Gurgaon||95||10.51|
|SIMSR Mumbai: K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies And Research||Mumbai||97||9.19|
|IFMR Chennai: Institute For Financial Management & Research||Chennai||90 (Without achievement)||9.00|
|WE School Mumbai: Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research||Mumbai, Bangalore||95||8.00|
|PUMBA: Department of Management Sciences University of Pune||Pune||95||5.94|
|GIM Goa: Goa Institute of Management||Goa||93||9.40|
|KSOM Bhubaneswar: KIIT School of Management||Bhubaneswar||80||6.50|
|XIME Bangalore: Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship||Bangalore||80||6.70|
|VJIM Hyderabad: Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management||Hyderabad||80||4.62|
|IES MCRC Mumbai: IES Management College And Research Centre||Mumbai||70||6.00|
|SCMS Cochin: SCMS Cochin School of Business||Cochin||70||4.72|
|AIMIT Bangalore: Adarsh Institute of Management And Information Technology||Bangalore||70||5.50|
|MSRIM Bangalore: M S Ramaiah Institute of Management||Bangalore||75||4.48|
|FIIB New Delhi||New Delhi||70||5.75|
|JBS Noida: Jaypee Business School||Noida Delhi NCR||70||4.5|
|IIMS Pune: International Institute of Management Studies||Pune||70||4.50|
|EMPI New Delhi: EMPI Business School||New Delhi||70||5.45|
|Calcutta Business School, Kolkata||Kolkata||70||4.20|
Department of Higher Education
Ministry of Human Resource Development
West Block – 1, Wing No. 6, 2nd Floor, R K Puram, New Delhi – 110016
Address for correspondence
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
Help Line: For Technical Support, contact following during working days between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
In case, the students have any question about CMAT 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.