How to Prepare for WBJEE 2023 – Every year nearly 3 lakhs of students appear for WBJEE, so a correct way of preparation is needed to crack the exam. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board has conducted the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. WBJEE is held in offline mode. Candidates need to start preparing for the WBJEE 2023 now as it will be held the 3rd week of July 2023. If you have not already started then preparations need to start. The board only publishes the Pharmacy Merit List based on Paper 2 scores. Candidates need to invest their time in studying for the exam, practicing, and revising important topics on the syllabus. Scroll below for important tips and other details.
How to Prepare for WBJEE 2023
To prepare better for WBJEE, you need to know the WBJEE 2023 Exam Pattern before anything. WBJEE examination is held in pen and paper mode. Check all the details given below.
- Type of Paper: There are two papers on WBJEE. Paper 1 is Mathematics and paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry.
- Duration: WBJEE 2023 will be a 4 hour test. Each paper’s time is 2 hours.
- Type of Question: All questions of the examination will be multiple choice questions (MCQ) with four options of each question.
- Number of Questions: The test consists of multiple choice questions and each subject has 3 categories of questions.
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||No. of questions||Total marks|
WBJEE 2023 Marking Scheme
|Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
|Only 1 option is correct||Only one option is correct||In this category of questions, one or more options can be correct|
|1 mark is awarded for each correct answer||For each correct answer, 2 marks are awarded||2 marks are awarded for each correct answer|
|1/4 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer||1/2 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer||A combination of correct and wrong responses will be treated as incorrect and will lead to 0 marks|
|For any combination of responses with more than one option, that answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/4 marks will be deducted||For any combination of responses with more than one option, that answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/2 marks will be deducted||0 marks will be awarded for unattempted questions|
|0 marks for unattempted questions||Unattempted questions will lead to 0 marks||For partially correct answers, marks awarded will be = 2 x (No. of correct options marked / total no. of correct options)|
WBJEE 2023 Preparation for Mathematics
In the WBJEE Examination, Paper 1 is based on the subject of Mathematics as per the official information brochure. There are a total 75 number of MCQ-type questions in Mathematics from each of the three categories. Check out the following preparation tips to crack the Mathematics paper of WBJEE 2023.
- The maximum number of questions asked from the Mathematics paper in WBJEE examination. So, preparations for the Mathematics paper start at first.
- Candidates are asked questions from topics such as Trigonometry, Calculus, Binomial Theorem, Probability, Statistics etc in WBJEE examination. Such topics need practice intensively.
- One of the most important part in Mathematics preparation is to memorize the formula, equations, trigonometric ratios, logarithmic values etc. for the exam. Students may utilize short notes, flashcards etc. to memorize these during the exam.
- It is also important that students learn to solve math’s problems without calculator using because calculators are not allowed inside the WBJEE exam hall.
WBJEE 2023 Preparation for Physics
Paper 2 of the WBJEE exam is the basis on the topic of Physics and Chemistry. There is a total of 40 MCQ-type questions basis on the Physics syllabus of the 10+2 standard. Some important study tips to follow for preparation of the Physics section of WBJEE are mentioned below.
- All the WBJEE aspirants are advised to clear out any confusion to understanding of the fundamentals of 10+2 Physics topics such Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Oscillations, Magnet & Current Electricity etc.
- It is advised that you can take reference from the previous year papers of WBJEE Physics. This is identify the most important topics that are asked in the WBJEE exam.
- Based on previous year papers, Students can gain their knowledge of the WBJEE questions.
- Solving mock tests is an easy way to prepare yourself for the examination.
- One of most important part is not to forget practice numerical problems and memorize the important formula, equations etc.
WBJEE 2023 Preparation for Chemistry
Paper 2 of the WBJEE exam is based on the topic of Physics and Chemistry. There is a total of 40 MCQ-type questions basis on the Chemistry syllabus of the 10+2 standard. Check some important study tips to follow for preparation of the Physics section of WBJEE is mentioned below.
- Candidates have to remember important equations, formulas, values etc. in Chemistry & learn to implement them in solving questions.
- Furthermore, a clear understanding of fundamental concepts of Chemistry is key to secure higher marks in the paper.
- Students have to practice the subject extensively.
- Students must recognize the topics that are important in the WBJEE exam for the Chemistry section.
- Referring to the previous year question papers of the Chemistry section can make yourself prepared for examination.
Best Books for WBJEE 2023
Students who wish to apply for the WBJEE 2023 can follow the best books given below. This will help you to prepare well for this examination.
|NCERT Mathematics||Click Here|
|WBJEE Engineering Solved Paper 2021||Click Here|
|WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer Physics and Chemistry||Click Here|
|WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer Mathematics||Click Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions PHYSICS class 12th||Click Here|
|Rs Aggarwal Maths||Click Here|
|Objective Mathematics by R.D Sharma||Click Here|
|Concept of Physics by H.C. Verma||Click Here|
|NCERT Chemistry||Click Here|
|Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon||Click Here|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee||Click Here|
|Principles of Physics by Resnick, Halliday, and Walker||Click Here|
|Understanding Physics Series by D. C. Pandey||Click Here|
WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
If you want to apply for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, You need to know the WBJEE 2023 syllabus before anything else which is given in detail below:
|Algebra||Physical World, Measurements, Units, and Dimension||Atoms, Atomic Structure, Molecules, and Chemical Arithmetic|
|Logarithms||Kinematics||Radioactivity and Nuclear chemistry|
|Permutation and Combination||Laws of Motion||The periodic table and chemical families|
|Complex numbers||Motion of Centre, Mass, Connected Systems, Friction||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Polynomial Equation||Gravitation||Coordination Compounds|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Bulk Properties of Matter||Solid State, Liquid State & Gaseous State|
|Binomial Theorem||Viscosity||Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics|
|Matrices||Thermodynamics||Physical Chemistry of Solutions|
|Sets, Relations, and Mapping||Kinetic Theory of Gases||Ionic and Redox Equilibria|
|Statistics and Probability||Electrostatics||Hydrogen|
|Trigonometry||Current Electricity||Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and Their Compounds|
|Coordinate Geometry of two and three Dimensions||Magnetic Effects of Current||Chemistry of Metals|
|Calculus||Magnetics||Chemistry in Industry|
|Vectors||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Surface Chemistry, Polymers|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Environmental Chemistry|
|Optics I – Ray Optics||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Optics II – Wave Optics||Compounds|
|Particle Nature of light and wave-particle dualism||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Nuclear Physics||Aromatic Compounds|
|Solid-State Electronics||Application of Oriented Chemistry|
|Introduction of Biomolecules|
|Principle of Qualitative Analysis|
WBJEE Topper Strategy
Candidates aspiring for WBJEE more than 50% of their work is being done just by focusing more on improving their speed. If the WBJEE paper can be finished in time, getting a very good rank is quite achievable. Someone preparing for WBJEE doesn’t separate preparation for WBJEE. Candidates should build themselves up to the JEE level. For WBJEE, one needs to solve the last 10-15 years of JEE Main and Advanced papers. Students can refer to an excellent book written by S.N Dey for mathematics. It is also recommended for students to go through the past 2-3 years papered of WBJEE(regardless of JEE background) which actually helps to solve these.
WBJEE Previous year Question papers
Some previous years’ question papers are given below for helping students to prepare themselves better for the exam.
About WBJEE 2023
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board is a state government administrated authority that was established in 1962. It is for overseeing admission into Engineering and another degree for government and private colleges in West Bengal, India. WBJEE Board conducts West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) annually. This examination is based on offline mode. All students are required to attend two papers and each paper’s duration is 2 hours.
FAQs for WBJEE 2023 Preparation
Ans. According to the previous year, the syllabus will be based on the papers of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Ans. For General students, a good score is anything above 95 marks.
Ans. There are many books but candidates can follow NCERT Mathematics, WBJEE Engineering Solved Paper 2021, HC Verma for Physics, and of course NCERT Class 11 & 12 books.
Ans. WBJEE Mathematics is considered the most difficult out of all the sections
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.