IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Admission 2018 will be done on the basis of CAT percentile. The IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Application Form 2018 has been released by Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. The candidates can able to apply for MBA Admission 2018 online, on www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in. The last date to apply was January 30, 2018. The applicants will be shortlisted according to some specified criteria. The shortlisted candidates will have to go through the Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview (WAT-PI). Then, on the basis of the performance in all the rounds, the final selection will be done. The international students will be selected on the basis of WAT-PI marks and performance in GMAT. Interested candidates can check complete details about IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Admission 2018 from this page.
IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Admission 2018
IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Admission 2018 is the programme for the candidates who are interested for the Masters of Business Administration (MBA). The important dates to apply for IIT MBA 2018 are given below.
|Start of online Application||09 Jan 2018|
|Last Date to Apply for IIT MBA 2018|
|Date of WAT-PI (Mumbai)||24 – 26 Feb 2018|
|Date of WAT-PI (Kolkata)||19 – 20 Mar 2018|
|Date of WAT-PI (Bengaluru)||23 – 25 Mar 2018|
|Date of WAT-PI (Delhi)||30 Mar – 01 Apr 2018|
|Date of WAT-PI (Hyderabad)||06 – 08 Apr 2018|
|Result Declaration||30 Apr 2018|
The candidates are advised to go through the entire page for more information regarding the IIT KGP VGSOM MBA 2018.
Important Note: Candidates up to W/GE/40, W/OB/83 and W/SC/30 have been selected in the eighth list and Academic Office will be sending the offer letter. Candidates may check their email provided at the time of application. In case any clarification, the candidates can email [email protected]
Please note that this is the final list of admission offer for MBA (2018-2020)
List of Shortlisted Candidates
The candidates have been shortlisted for WAT-PI as per the criteria. The shortlisted candidates will go through the written analysis test and personal interview. The candidates who will score good in WAT-PI and will satisfy the other selection criteria, they will be selected finally. Candidates can check their shortlist status for WAT-PI from the link provided below.
Shortlist: Click Here to check the shortlist status for WAT-PI.
The cutoff Application Rating (based on the composite of CAT overall score, academic performance, work experience etc.) for respective categories is as follows:
- General: 24.25
- OBC: 21.825
- SC: 14.55
- ST: 14.55
- PH: 14.55
IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Application Form 2018
Online Application for IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Admission 2018 has been started. Candidates can apply through the direct link provided below.
Application process over..!!
Application Fee: The IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Application fee has been declared. The Application Fee for the General & NC-OBC candidates is Rs. 1600/- and the application fee for the SC/ST/PwD candidates is Rs. 800/-.
How to apply for IIT KGP VGSOM MBA 2018?
The candidates have to follow the steps given below to fill the application form.
- First, the candidate will have to register on the link given. The candidates will have to register with the help of their date of birth (year, month, day).
- Then the candidate will have to click on “Information Pertaining to Online Application Process”. He/She will have to read all the instructions carefully before logging in. The candidates are advised to go through the entire instructions to make sure that they have all the documents required for applying.
- Now the candidate will have to log in with the login id and password.
- Fill all the details specified in the application form like personal, educational etc.
- Make payment of the application fee mentioned above with debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- Now the candidates are advised to take the print out of the confirmation page for the future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT MBA 2018
The candidates should have the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s Degree in Science Economics or Commerce with Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics with the following criteria :
- The candidates should have scored aggregate marks in all years of qualifying degree or in the final year or final two semesters in the qualifying degree.
- Gen / NC-OBC: Minimum of 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale).
- SC / ST / PwD: Minimum of 55% marks (or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale).
2) Admission to reserved category candidates will be specified according to the government rules.
3) Any kind of inconsistency in the Medical Report, the decision of Institute medical Officer will be final.
4) For the candidates with some physical disability, the decision of Institute medical Officer will be final.
5)The candidates who are qualifying any degree examination and their result is pending then the candidate must have all the documents before the specified date.
Selection Process for IIT KGP VGSOM
There are two categories for the selection process. The first category is domestic students and the second category is international students. The selection process will be held in two steps.
First Step: The first step is shortlisting of candidates for WAT-PI. Shortlisting for WAT-PI will be based on:
- The candidate who will have to fulfilled the eligibility criteria.
- The candidates will be selected for WAT-PI by the overall CAT score out of 20 and Application rating out of 20. They should have the cut-off in CAT equal to or above the following table.
- The Application Rating will be decided by the marks obtained in 10th, 12th, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree and Candidate’s work experience. The score for the Application Rating will be decided by the following table.
|Percent Score in 10th Exam||Rating Score A||Percent Score in 12th Exam||Rating Score B|
|85 to 100||3||85 to 100||4|
|70 to <85||2||70 to <85||3|
|60 to <70||1||60 to 70||2|
|–||–||41 to <60||1|
|Percent Score in B.Tech/BE. Exam||Rating Score C||Percent Score in B.Sc./ B.Com.||Rating Score D||Percent Score in M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./M.C.A.||Rating Score E|
|85 to 100||7||85 to 100||4||70 to 100||3|
|70 to <85||5||70 to <85||2||60 to <70||1|
|60 to <70||3||60 to <70||1||–|
|M Tech / Professional Qualification Like CS, CA, FRM, CFA||Rating Score F|
|Experience in Month||Rating Score G|
|06 to <12||3|
|12 to <24||5|
|24 to <36||4|
|36 to <48||2|
|48 to <60||1|
For the Bachelor’s Degree the marks provided by the Institute/University will be treated as the final marks. If the percentage is not provided then the candidates can calculate the % by using the formula:
Marks Percentage = 60 + (40 / 3.5) * [ (CGPA Obtained / Total CGPA) * 10 – 6.5]
Note: The above convention is only for computing A.R. If the candidate will apply then he/she have to fill the correct marks / CGPA as appearing in the transcript.
For the International candidates, GMAT score will be taken instead of CAT score. The GMAT score should be at least 750 and the A.R. will be taken as the table given above.
Second Step: In second step, the final candidates will be selected on the basis of application rating, CAT Score (Domestic Students) / GMAT Score (International Students) and the candidate’s performance in WAT-PI round.
Instructions for IIT KGP VGSOM MBA 2018
The candidates interested in IIT KGP VGSOM MBA 2018 can go through these points for some idea about the WAT-PI round.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for WAT-PI 2018 on the basis of CAT/GMAT score and overall the Application rating. The detailed information is given in the table above.
- The selected candidates for WAT-PI will be informed through email.
- For the shortlisting of students for WAT-PI there is an overall cut-off. For the general category candidate the CAT cut-off percentile will be 90. For the other categories, it will be decided as per the government rules.
- In final selection of the candidates, WAT-PI will contain 60% of weightage, A.R. will contain 20% and CAT will contain 20% weightage.
IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Result 2018
The IIT KGP VGSOM MBA Result 2018 will be released on April 30, 2018. The candidates will be selected on the basis of the points given above. The candidates who will apply will be shortlisted for the WAT-PI round. The result for the WAT-PI will be sent via email. After the WAT-PI round the final list of the selected candidates will be based on the WAT-PI score, CAT/GMAT score and A.R. The candidates will be able to check the result on the official website as well as the link provided on this page.
Official Website: www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in.