|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
IIT Kharagpur offers admission in MBA Programme at Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), IIT Kharagpur for the batch 2017-19. IIT Kharagpur is a two-step process for selection of candidates for admission to the 2017-2019 batch of MBA at VGSoM. Candidates are short-listed for Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview (WAT-PI) from among candidates who have a valid CAT score. After that final selection will be based on application rating, performance in CAT for domestic students and GMAT for international students, and the candidate’s performance in the WAT-PI round.
IIT Kharagpur VGSOM MBA Admission 2017 Selection Criteria CAT 2016
Admission to MBA course is open for the candidates who have qualified the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level). Candidates can apply online as per schedule mentioned below. Candidates can check the detail process of application, eligibility criteria and other conditions on this page below.
Schedule for IIT Kharagpur MBA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of Online application process||09 Jan 2017|
|Last date of Online application process||30 Jan 2017|
|Date of Test & Interview||27 Feb to 06 Apr 2017|
|Result declaration||02 May 2017|
|WAT-PI Schedule for different venues|
|Kolkata||27 Feb to 01 Mar 2017|
|Hyderabad||06 to 08 Mar 2017|
|Mumbai||13 to 16 Mar 2017|
|Delhi||20 to 23 Mar 2017|
|Bangalore||03 to 06 Apr 2017|
IIT Kharagpur has published the names of candidates who have been Shortlisted for WAT-PI Process. The candidates can log in to the online application portal to know their status in shortlisting for WAT-PI.
Candidates can fill online application for MBA Admission at Vinod Gupta School of Management from the official website or through the link will be provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria and other conditions before applying online application.
- Link will be available here..!!!
- Rs. 1,600 for General & NC-OBC candidates and
- Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD.
How to Apply
After taking the CAT 2016 examination, domestic candidates seeking admission to the MBA programme must complete the following procedure:
- To start with, you may register using REGISTER link.
- At the time of registration, candidates should first select the year of date of birth in the drop box. Then candidate should select the month, followed by day particulars.
- Upon successful registration, please click on the ‘Information pertaining to Online Application Process’ above to learn more about the online application process. Applicants are urged to read this document before logging in to apply online and ensure they have scanned copies of all required documents available to be uploaded.
- After going through the above document, Applicant may now login using the necessary details to start filling in the online application form.
Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only. Application fee is Rs. 1,600 for General & NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD. Female candidates will be charged the same level of application fee as paid by male candidates of respective category.
After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirement, and may be required to be brought by shortlisted candidates for the selection round.
Please note that you need not send the application by post. Your application will be considered on the basis of your final submission through online. You can check submission, shortlisting, selection and other application related status from Application Status menu. You should remember your login id and password for the same.
Candidates seeking admission to MBA Programme of the Institute should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level) with the following criteria:
- For institutes a) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree OR b) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:
- GE/NC-OBC: Minimum of 60% marks (OR CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Minimum of 55% marks (OR CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale
- For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above.
- Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
- Applicants must be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final.
- Persons with Physical Disabilities (PwD) seeking admission to MBA are to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2017 at IIT Kharagpur. The decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the candidate.
- Selection of applicants whose results in the qualifying degree examination are yet to be declared will be provisional, subject to the condition that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of joining the Institute and the marks sheet/certificate as evidence of passing the qualifying examination are to be submitted latest by October 31, 2017.
The selection of candidates for admission to the 2017-2019 batch of MBA at VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur is a two-step process. In the first step, candidates are short-listed for Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview (WAT-PI) from among candidates who have a valid CAT score equal to or above the cut-offs as given in table below.
CAT score out of 20 and application rating (AR) out of 20 will be added to get the marks for shortlisting candidates to be called for WAT-PI. The application rating looks at the applicants’ academic performance (marks obtained) in 10th Standard Examination, 12th Standard Examination, Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree Examination and the candidates’ work experience. The scores for application rating is provided in Table given below.
An overseas category candidate who applies with a GMAT score instead of a CAT Score should have a total scaled score of at least 750.
In the second step, final selection will be based on application rating, performance in CAT for domestic students and GMAT for international students, and the candidate’s performance in the WAT-PI round.
Minimum CAT-2016 Percentile
Application Rating (AR): 2017-2019 Rating Scores
|Percent score in 10th Std. Exam||Rating Score A||Percent score in 12thStd. Exam||Rating Score B|
|Percent score in B.Tech/BE. Exam||Rating Score C||Percent score in BSc/B.Com/ BA Exam||Rating Score D||Percent score in MA/M.Sc/M.Com/MCA Exam||Rating Score E|
|M Tech/ Professional Qualification like CS, CA,FRM,CFA||Rating Score F|
|Experience in months||Rating Score G|
For bachelor’s degree, the percentage of marks awarded by Institute/University will be treated as final. If the Institute/University does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet.
CGPA performance will be converted into Marks Percentage as shown below.
- Marks Percentage = 60+(40/35) x [(CGPA obtained / Total CGPA) – 6.5]
VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur reserves the right to make changes in the shortlisting and Selection Criteria, if considered necessary at any point.
In case you have any query, please contact
Prof. C. S. Mishra
The Chairperson of MBA Admission
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91-3222-282318, +91-9434343011