MAH MBA CET 2020 Counselling: State common Entrance Test Cell conducts Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test 2020 (MAH MBA CET) for admission into MBA through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). To appear in the CAP, candidates have to first fill out an application form. No candidate will be allowed to take part in CAP counselling process without registration. Only those candidates whose names in the merit list appear are eligible to attend the MAH MBA CET 2020 counselling. To get more information about the MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020, Check this page.
For details of MBA CET 2021 – Click here
Latest: State CET Cell, Maharashtra has revised the MBA CAP 2020 schedule. Scroll down to check It.
MAH CET 2020 Counselling
Candidates can apply for admission in around 400 colleges of Maharashtra state which offers admission in MBA courses. Candidates must know the schedule for the conduct of MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020 so interested candidates can check the same here.
The activities and scheduled dates for Maharashtra State/All India/Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant Candidates/NRI/OCI /PIO / CIWGC/FN candidates are as follows.
|Online registration of application and uploading of required documents by the Candidate for admission on website||08 – |
|Documents verification and confirmation of Application Form for Admission by online mode.||08 – |
|Display of the provisional merit list for Maharashtra State/All India Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant Candidates on website|
02 Jan 2021
|CAP Round 1|
|Accepting to the offered seat by the candidate through his/her log in as per Allotment of CAP Round I.|
13 – 20 Jan 2021 Up to 03.00 pm
|Reporting to the Allotted Institute and Confirmation of Admission by submitting required documents and payment of fee after CAP Round I.|
13 – 20 Jan 2021 Up to 05.00 pm
|CAP Round 2|
|Display of Provisional Vacant Seats for CAP Round-II|
11 Jan 2021
21 Jan 2021
|Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Form of CAP Round-II through candidate’s Login by the Candidate|
21 – 23 Jan 2021
|Display of Provisional Allotment of CAP Round-II|
27 Jan 2021
|Accepting to the offered seat by candidate through his/her login as per Allotment of CAP Round II|
28 – 31 Jan 2021 Up to 03.00 pm
|Reporting to the Allotted Institute and Confirmation of Admission by submitting required documents and payment of fee after CAP Round II.|
28 – 31 Jan 2021 Up to 3.00 pm
|Commencement of academic activities for All institutes|
21 Jan 2021
|Cut-off Date for all type of admissions for the Academic Year 2020-21|
05 Feb 2021
|For Institutes: Last date of uploading the data (details of admitted candidates)|
06 Feb 2021
For Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh Migrant Candidates :
|Counselling Round at to “Director,Sydenham Institute of Management Studies & Research & Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), B-Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400020”|
|Reporting to the Allotted Institute and Confirmation of Admission by submitting required documents and fees, as per Final Allotment.|
CAP Revised Schedule:
– Click here to check the MAH MBA CET 2020 Revised CAP Schedule, Dated on January 18, 2021.
– Click here to check the MAH MBA CET 2020 Revised CAP Schedule.
Check Schedule: Click here to download the schedule for MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020.
Counselling: Click here to registration for MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Merit List for CAP
State common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra has released the merit list for Maharashtra State and All India Candidates. It has released in PDF format at mba20.mahacet.org.in. The direct link to check the merit list is provided below.
MAH MBA CAP 2020 Registration Deadline Extended
- Click here to download above notice.
How Merit List is Prepared For MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020?
In order to conduct counselling process through CAP, Competent authority prepare the merit list by following some steps that are provided below.
- Assignment of Merit Number: All candidates who have submitted their application form on or before the last date of form filling will be assigned a merit number by the authority.
- Change of Marks Due to Verification: If there is any modification in the marks of qualifying exam during the verification then same need to be informed to the competent authority for admission through CAP
- Method for Calculation of marks at qualifying examination to decide Eligibility:
- The percentage of marks will be calculated by rounding off to the nearest integer.
- If letter grades are provided in SSC, HSC, or equivalent examination then candidates need to submit the certificate of conversion of grades to the competent authority.
- If candidate appears in the reappear exam of the qualifying examination then marks of the latest examination will be considered.
- The Grades/ Marks are considered on the basis of which the class of Degree is awarded.
- In case of tie breaking condition, merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
- Higher percentage of marks in HSC or Diploma;
- Higher percentage of marks in SSC;
- Higher marks in Science subject in SSC;
- Higher marks in Mathematics subject in SSC;
- Higher marks in English in SSC.
Centralized Admission Process (CAP) Round I for MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020
Centralized Admission process will be conducted in different rounds, candidates who want to participate in counselling process has to attend these rounds of CAP. Procedure for conduct of CAP round is mentioned below.
- The seats available for CAP round I will be displayed on the official website. Candidates whose names are there in the final list will be eligible to participate in CAP round I. To participate in this round candidate has to fill online option form and confirm the same.
- If the candidate has been allotted a seat as per his/ her first preference then that seat will be made as final. Those candidates cannot take part in further rounds of CAP.
- Such candidates have to report to the ARC for documents verification and payment of seat acceptance fee.
- Candidates who have allotted with a seat not as per his/her preference and satisfied with the allotted seat , also don’t want to take part in further rounds of CAP, then he/she can freeze the seat through candidate login.
- After freezing the seat candidate can report to ARC for document verification and payment of seat acceptance. If candidate fails to report at ARC after freezing the seat then , seat will get cancelled automatically.
- All the candidates who have allotted the seat not according to their first preference and have frozen the seat by visiting the ARC will be eligible for subsequent round of CAP.
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat not as per their first preference and have not confirmed the seat will also be eligible for further CAP rounds.
Centralised Admission Process (CAP) Round II and III for MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020
Seats available for CAP round II and III will be made available on the official website. Candidates can check the details about the round II and III below.
- Candidates eligible for these round will be able to edit their choice of preferences according to the number of seats available.
- The seats to be allotted during these rounds shall be available to the eligible candidates falling under the following categories. –
- Candidates who have not been allotted any seat in any of the previous rounds;
- Candidates who did not participate (failure of filling option form) in previous rounds.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat other than first preference and reported to ARC for confirmation of seat acceptance, whilst filling fresh option form, he/she need not fill the preference already allotted to the candidate in the previous round. Once upward preference is allotted to such candidate, his earlier seat allotment shall stand automatically cancelled. In the event of no such upward preference is allotted, his previous allotment stands retained
- There shall be no further betterment option available to the candidate after round III. The allotment made and/or allotment retained in round III for participating candidates in round III shall be final.
Steps of Centralized Admission Process For MAH MBA CET Counselling 2020
All the unaided private institutes as well as accepts the score of MAH MBA CET 2020 for admissions. The Stages of CAP are as follows:
- Display of information brochure by the Competent Authority. The information brochure will be displayed on the official website of the Competent Authority.
- Filling of Online Application Form by the candidate for Participation in CAP : All interested candidates need to register their names on the official website, Candidates need to fill the online application form through their candidate login. Candidates need to pay application fee for CAP. The application fee for CAP as per last year’s information is as follows :
|Candidates belonging to General Category & outside Maharashtra State Candidates, Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries||Rs. 1000/-|
|Reserved Category Candidates from Maharashtra State and PWD Candidates from Maharashtra||Rs. 800/-|
|NRI/ OCI/ PIO, Foreign Nationals||Rs. 5000/-|
Mode of payment: By using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking
- Document Verification at facilitation Center: It mandatory to submit all the original documents at the Facilitation Center for verification purposes
- Display of Provisional merit list, submission of any type of grievances and publishing of final merit list: Competent authority will display the provisional merit list according to the score of the qualifying exam, if any candidate found any discrepancy in the merit list then he/she may claim the grievance regarding the same then after submission of all grievances and correction, after that final merit list will be made available on the official website.
- Display of category wise seat matrix which are available for CAP rounds.
- Now candidates need to fill the online option form where he/she has to fill his/her choice preferences for colleges. A candidate can fill maximum 300 choice preferences.
- Publishing of provisional allotment of seats for the respective CAP round.
- Candidate have to report and accept the offered admission seat at the admission reporting center.
- After reporting at the ARC candidate need to report to the institute in which seat is alloted.
Documents to be attached with Application Form for CAP
Candidates need to attach the following documents with the application form for CAP process, failure of which may lead to rejection of candidature form CAP process.
- SSC marksheet
- HSC/ Diploma Marksheet
- Qualifying exam marksheet
- CET mark sheet / Score Card
- School leaving Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
Candidate can Click Here to check list of other relevant documents.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Reservation Policy
Reserved seats for Backward Class Category Candidates: The percentage of seats reserved for candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State is as given below. The reservation percentage is the percentage of the seats available for Maharashtra candidates, coming under the CAP. Backward class candidates must select the category to which they belong to at the time of submission of application form for CAP.
|Category||Reservation Percentage (%)|
|Schedule Caste and Scheduled Caste Convert to Buddhism||13.0|
|Vimukta Jati/ De Notified Tribes||3.0|
|Nomadic Tribes 1||2.5|
|Nomadic Tribes 2||3.5|
|Nomadic Tribes 3||2.0|
|Other Backward Class||19.0|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Class||16.0|
MAH MBA CET 2020 Seats Intake
The seats intake for govt aided institutes and non aided private institutes is provided here candidates can check it in the image below. The details shown below is as per last year’s information.
For Govt. and Govt Aided institutes
For Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions
About MAH MBA CET 2020
MAH MBA CET 2020 exam is conducted to offer admission in MBA course in all the govt recognized institutes and private institutes of Maharashtra state. All the candidates who want to get admission in the said course in colleges of Maharashtra need to appear in the exam. No candidate will be entertained for admission without appearing in the exam. The exam takes place in online mode and consists of 200 questions from various topics like verbal ability, reading comprehension, quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning.
About State Common Entrance Test Cell
State Common Entrance Test Cell is an agency introduced by Govt. of Maharashtra to conduct Common Entrance Test in the state for different courses. It conducts test for various courses and all the govt. Aided college and private institutes takes admission on the basis of score in the entrance exam. All the candidates who want to get admission in institutes belonging to Maharashtra state need to appear in common entrance test for the respective course.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is it mandatory to fill online application form to take part in CAP ?Ans. Yes it is mandatory , no candidate will be allowed in CAP without Registration.
Q. Can candidates belonging to states other than Maharashtra apply for CAP ?
Ans. Yes MAH MBA CET 2020 is for all the aspiring candidates either from Maharashtra state or All India Candidate.
Q. What will be the mode of counselling ?
Ans. Counselling process will take place in online mode only. Candidate need to report at the admission reporting center only after online seat allotment.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.