NATA 2019 – The application form has been released by Council of Architecture (COA) for NATA 2019. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is going to take place twice a year from this year onwards. The first exam of NATA 2019 is scheduled to take place on April 14, 2019 whereas the second exam is going to take place on July 07, 2019. It is to be noted that the Registrations for both the test is going to start from January 24, 2019. NATA is a national level examination which is conducted to grant admission to B.Arch Degree in all over the country. Candidates tend to appear for both the parts in NATA 2019 namely the Part A which is a computer-based test and on the contrary Part B is a pen – paper based Drawing Test. To know more about NATA 2019, candidates can go through this article, be it, its application procedure, eligibility, exam centers etc.
Candidates must note that the exam is going to take place in two times on the day of the examination. Part A is going to be conducted from 10.00 AM to 11.00 AM (Part A) whereas Part B is going to be conducted from 11.15 AM to 1.00 PM. To grasp more information about the important dates and events about NATA 2019, candidates can go through the schedule mentioned below:
|NATA 2019||Ist exam Dates||IInd exam Dates|
|Release NATA 2019 Brochure||21 Jan 2019||21 Jan 2019|
|Start Date Of Filling Online Application Form NATA 2019||24 Jan 2019||24 Jan 2019|
|Last date to submit NATA 2019 Application Form||11 Mar 2019||12 Jun 2019|
|Last date to upload images in NATA 2019 Application Form||15 Mar 2019||15 Jun 2019|
|Last date for making payment of Application Fee||15 Mar 2019||15 Jun 2019|
|Window for taking a print out of Confirmation page is open till||18 Mar 2019||17 Jun 2019|
|NATA 2019 Application Form correction starts from||12-15 Mar 2019||15-17 Jun 2019|
|Issuance of NATA 2019 Admit Card||01 Apr 2019||24 Jun 2019|
|NATA 2019 exam date||14 Apr 2019||07 Jul 2019|
|Declaration Of NATA 2019 Result||03 May 2019||21 Jul 2019|
NATA 2019 Application Form
COA has released the NATA 2019 Application Form online. The Filling of Application Form is majorly categorized into 3 steps. The first step is to fill the personal details, then candidates are required to upload the asked documents and then as last step candidates are required to do the pay the fee for Application Form.
NATA 2019 Application Process Started!
It is to be noted that it is after entering the personal details, the candidates are going to get their Application Form Unique Number. Then, after receiving the application number, candidates can set their password. Now, make sure the Application Number and Password is remembered because it is needed to complete the various things such as editing the personal information, uploading the images, payment of the fee, correction of data if needed.
Application Fee – The aspirants have to pay the following amount of Application Fee for NATA 2019.
- Candidate applying for either First or second test has to pay an amount of Rs. 1800/-.
- Candidates applying for both the test have to pay an amount of Rs. 3500/-.
- The SC/ST category candidates need to deposit Rs 1500/- for either first or second test and Rs 2800/- for appearing in both the tests.
- The Candidates applying from outside India have to pay Rs 10,000 if they are applying for either first or second test and if they are applying for both the tests then they are required to pay Rs 18,000.
Mode Of Payment – The students can pay the above-given application fee by Electronic Payment Gateway such as Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking.
NATA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the candidates who wish to apply for NATA 2019 is as follows:
- The candidates must have passed the 10+2 scheme of examination with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- They should have obtained minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics individually and also 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level examination.
NATA 2019 Time Schedule
Candidates can have a look at the information given below to know about the examination schedule about NATA 2019.
|Reporting to the Examination Centre by||8.00 AM|
|Opening of the gate of the Examination Hall||8.30 AM|
|Registration of the candidate to be completed by||9.45 AM|
|Closing Gate of the Examination Hall||9.45 AM|
|Commencement of the Examination||10.00 AM|
|Duration of the Examination||10.00 AM to 1.15 PM|
NATA 2019 Exam Centers
At the time of filling in details in the NATA 2019 Application Form, the aspirants will also have to select the test centers. The NATA 2019 is going to be conducted at 122 test cities in India and one at overseas, Dubai. Also, it must be noted that the candidates have to give their 3 preferences while filling the Application Form. So, choose the examination zones wisely. Check the complete list of NATA 2019 Test Centers from the table below.
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||Gujarat||Ahmednagar|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Bilaspur||Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
NATA 2019 Admit Card
NATA 2019 Admit Card is going to be made available by NATA on its official website which is www.nata.in. Candidates can obtain it by entering their login credentials namely their Application Number and Password. NATA 2019 Admit Card consists of various details such as name and address of the candidate, complete address of the test centre, photograph and signature. Also, it is to be noted that NATA 2019 Admit Card is going to have an Examination Roll Number printed on it. The candidates have to take special care to note that the image of the photograph and signature are not mutilated / spoiled.
NATA 2019 Admit Card is a noteworthy document which has to be carried to the examination centre positively so make sure that you also carry a valid id proof with it which can be either Aadhar Card / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving License. Make sure you carry necessary requirements for the exam such as pen, pencil, eraser, color pencils (no water / oil color / crayon), cardboard.
NATA 2019 Syllabus
The next step in preparing for an entrance exam is to follow the syllabus. The exam conducting body, COA, has prescribed the syllabus for NATA 2019 which are given below:
NATA 2019 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Definitions of A.P & G.P
- General Term
- Summation of first n -terms of series ∑n, ∑n²,∑n3
- Arithmetic and Geometric Series
- A.M & G.M and their relation
- Infinite G.P series and its sum
- General Properties
- Change of Base
- Trignometric Functions
- Addition and subtraction formulae
- Formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles
- General solution of trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles
- Inverse Trignometric functions and their properties
- Concepts of m x n (m ≤ 3, n ≤ 3) real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication and
multiplication of matrices
- Transpose of a matrix
- Determinant of a square matrix
- Properties of determinants (statement only)
- Minor, cofactor and adjoint of a matrix
- Nonsingular matrix
- Inverse of a matrix
- Finding area of a triangle
- Solutions of system of linear equations (Not more than 3 variables)
- Trigonometric functions
- Addition and subtraction formulae
- Formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles
- General solution of trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles
- Inverse trigonometric functions and their properties
- Distance formula, Section formula
- Area of a triangle
- Condition of collinearity of three points in a plane
- Polar coordinates, transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa
- Parallel transformation of axes, concept of a locus, elementary locus problems
- Slope of a line
- Intersection of a line with a circle
- Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles
- Lines through the point of intersection of two lines
- Equation of lines in different forms, angle between two lines
- Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Distance between two parallel lines
- Parametric equation of a circle
- Equation of a circle with a given center and radius
- Condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle
- Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter
- Equation of tangent, normal and chord
3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry
- Direction cosines and direction ratios
- Distance between two points and section formula
- Equation of a straight line
- Equation of a plane
- Distance of a point from a plane
Theory of Calculus
- Functions, composition of two functions and inverse of a function, limit, continuity, derivative, chain rule, derivative of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically
- Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, indefinite integral of standard functions
- Integration by parts
- Integration by substitution and partial fraction
- Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions
- Fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications
- Properties of definite integrals
- Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations.
Application of Calculus
- Tangents and normals, conditions of tangency
- Determination of monotonicity, maxima and minima
- Differential coefficient as a measure of rate
- Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration
- Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves and Straight lines
- Area of the region included between two elementary curves.
Permutation and combination
- Permutation of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n)
- Permutation of n things not all different. Permutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded)
- Combinations of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n)
- Combination of n things not all different
- Basic properties
- Problems involving both permutations and combinations
Statistics and Probability
- Measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution
- Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails and Binomial distribution.
NATA 2019 Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from the two-dimensional drawing
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal)
- General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations
- Mathematical reasoning – Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction, and contrapositive.
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.
NATA 2019 Syllabus for Drawing Test
There are various grounds in which a candidate is going to be tested in the Drawing Test such as their understanding about scale and proportion of objects, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, color texture etc. Now, there are other things which are also going to be tested and evaluated such as:
- Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract
- Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms
- Perspective drawing, Sketching of urban scape and landscape
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes
How to prepare for NATA 2019?
Candidates are required to follow a certain pattern in order to appear for NATA 2019 and crack the examination. Candidates can have a glimpse at the information given below to know about the trick tips to score better:
#Tip 1: Prepare a Timetable: It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to prepare some techniques through which he / she can score better. Making a timetable is the first thing to do. So, prepare a timetable and follow it wholeheartedly.
#Tip 2: Practice the Sample Papers: It is important to practice as many as sample papers as that is going to help a candidate to know about their strong and weak areas and then he / she can prepare accrodingly.
#Tip 3: Be positive: As the preparation time creates a lot of pressure on the candidate, it is advised to candidates to keep calm and indulge in some fun activities while preparing for the examination.
NATA 2019 Exam Pattern
It is rather important to go through the exam pattern of any examination as it enables the students to prepare in a better and nuanced way as they are aware of the marking scheme, number of questions. So, for the same candidates can have a look at the exam pattern of NATA 2019 given below:
As a first step, let us distinguish between the two parts of NATA 2019. Part A is a Computer Based Test which consists of Multiple Choice Questions, Part B, on the other hand, is a Drawing Test which is pen – paper based.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics||20 × 2||40|
|General Aptitude||40 × 2||80|
|Drawing Test||2 × 40||80|
- Candidates are going to be awarded with +2 marks on every correct answer.
- Also, there is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
NATA 2019 Result
The result for NATA 2019 is going to be declared online and it is going to published over the official website only. Candidates can check their respective results by entering their login credentials. NATA 2019 Result is going to be released in two formats, first, it is going to show the marks obtained out of 200 in each component, second, it is going to show the status as pass / fail. Candidates must note that they are going to qualify the minimum qualifying marks in order to take admission.
Before the declaration of result, the response sheet is also going to be published along with the marks secured in each part. However, no review is going to be uploaded for the Drawing Test. Also, it must be noted that there will be no provision for re-checking and revaluation of the answer sheets after the declaration of results.
NATA 2019 Cut – Off
Candidates are required to attain the minimum qualifying criteria in order to take admission through NATA 2019. Candidates can have a look at the information given below for the same:
- For MCQ Portion: Candidates are required to have a minimum 25% in this portion. (30 out of 120).
- For Drawing Portion: Candidates are required to have a minimum 25% in this portion. (20 out of 80).
- Overall Qualifying Marks: These marks are based on post – exam statistics.
General Instructions for NATA 2019
Candidates are required to follow some instructions if they have to appear for NATA 2019. Candidates can have a glimpse at the information given below for the same:
- Candidates are required to take admit card to the examination hall. A candidate who does not possess the admit card and valid id they cannot sit for the examination.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, bits of papers or any other material except the ones which is not prescribed will be debarred from the examination.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall without the permission of the Centre – In – Charge.
- A photograph of the candidate and the Biometric will be taken at the centre before the allotment of the seat. The seat will be randomly allotted to the candidate on completing the procedure.
Q. Who can apply for NATA?
A. All the candidates who have passed 10+2 with the subjects PCM and have obtained 50% marks individually or as an aggregate. Also, the candidates will be appearing for 10+2 in 2019 can also apply.
Q. How many attempts a candidate can take?
A. A candidate can take either of the tests or can appear for both the first and second test. However, if in case a candidate appears in both the tests then the higher marks obained in either of the two examination will be taken into consideration.
Q. What are the total marks for the exam?
A. The Examination is of 200 arks in total. Part A (MCQ) consists of section Mathematics and General Aptitude of 40 marks and 80 marks. Part B consists of Drawing Paper which is of 80 marks in total.
Q. Will a PWD / Divyang Candidate get extra time for the test?
A. Yes, a PWD candidate shall get the extra 20 minutes to take the online test subject to their disability mentioned on their Disability Certificate.
Q. How can a candidate get admission in B.Arch course after passing NATA?
A. After passing NATA, candidates need to apply with their scorecards to the institutions approved by the Council who offers B.Arch 5 year degree course all over the country. The final admisison shall be carried out only by the concerned competent admission / counselling authorities of the respective institutions / universities / institutions.
Official Website: www.nata.in.
NATA 2019 Information Brochure
The information brochure for NATA 2019 has been released online. As per the information provided in it, COA is conducting NATA 2019 twice a year. It will give the opportunity to the candidates to improve their NATA score in the second exam.
For more information on NATA, you can download 2019 information brochure.
If you have any question related to NATA 2019, then do let us know in the comment section below.