NID Eligibility Criteria 2021 – National Institute of Design (NID) announces the required eligibility requirements online that are needed for the entrance tests conducted by it. The eligibility criteria for various courses such as B.Des, M.Des and Ph.D are announced along with the official prospectus of the courses. The candidates who fulfill the specified eligibility requirements can apply for admission at NID. NID eligibility criteria include the age limit and minimum educational qualifications that are needed to take admission in NID. Check the details about NID eligibility criteria 2021 from this page.
NID Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates can check the eligibility criteria needed for B.Des, M.Des and Ph.D courses from below.
NID Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria for B.Des:
For Indian Nationals in General and EWS category – The candidates must have been born after 1st July 2001 to take admission under this category.
For Indian Nationals in Reserved category – The candidates must have been born after 1st July 1998.
For Indian Nationals in PwD category – Under this category, only those candidates can apply who have born after 1st July 1996.
For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary seats) Category – The candidates who have been born after 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have passed 10+2 in any stream Arts, Science, Commerce, Humanities from any recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE, IB or equivalent are eligible to apply.
Examination considered equivalent to these as as follows:
- Final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or State Board recognised by the Association of Indian University (AIU – aui.ac.in)
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination under a Broad or University recognised by the Association of Indian University
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy (NDA)
- Senior secondary examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any public school, Board or university examination completed in India or any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian University.
- H.S.C. vocational examination
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
- AICTE approved three-year Full-time Diploma after Class X offered by Board of Technical Education of any state in India or Union Territories as mentioned on facilities.aicte-india.org
- Candidates who have completed final examinations for class XII (or equivalent) outside India or from a board not specified above should produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination conducted in India.
- The certificate is required to be submitted at the time of document verification.
- Visit to aiu.ac.in for more details about how to obtain equivalence certificate.
NID Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria for M.Des:
For Indian Nationals in General and EWS category – The candidates who are born after 1st July, 1991 are eligible to apply.
For Indian Nationals in Reserved category – The candidates who are born after 1st July 1988 are eligible to apply.
For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved category – Only those candidates are eligible for admission who have been born after 1st July 1986.
For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary seats) Category – The candidates are eligible for admission in this category who have born after 1st July 1991.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have any one of the following minimum requirements:
- The candidates must have a bachelor degree of 4 years in any specialization after completing 12th standard from any university or institute recognized by law in India. Applicant must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in July/August 2021.
- The candidates must have a bachelors’ degree of 3 years in any specialization after completing 12th standard exam or equivalent.
- The candidates must have done a full time Diploma of minim 4 year duration in Design / Fine Arts / Applied Arts / Architecture after 12th standard or equivalent.
Note: The candidates who are the final year of their Bachelor degree / Full time diploma programmes and whose universities have not issued the final degree certificate at the time applying for NID can also apply. However, such candidates have to submit the provisional certificate at the time of counselling.
NID Admission 2021 Eligibility for Ph.D
The candidates who want to take admission in Ph.D programme have to fulfill following eligibility requirements.
Nationality: The candidates must be a citizen of India.
Academic qualification: The candidates must have any one of the following eligibility requirements:
- A master’s level qualification (3) in Design
- A Bachelor’s level qualification (4) in Design from NID with a minimum of 3 years professional or teaching experience
- The candidates must have a master’s degree in Philosophy (M.Phil) in Design
- The candidates must have successfully completed Faculty Development Programme of NID OR The candidates must have completed the similar program for the Design field of at least two years from any other recognized university.
NID Application Form 2021
Application form for NID entrance test releases online at admissions.nid.edu. The candidates cannot apply via offline mode. The application process consists of the following steps:
- Registration / Sign Up
- Filling the application form
- Uploading of documents
- Payment of application fee
- Taking the printout of submitted application form
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.