The admission in National Institute of Design (NID) is granted on the basis of Design Aptitude Test (DAT) and fulfillment of eligibility criteria. The NID Eligibility Criteria 2018 varies from course to course. It covers the area of age, education qualification, etc. It is mandatory to satisfy the eligibility criteria, else the candidates will not be granted admission. Candidates may check NID Eligibility Criteria 2018 for B.Des, GDPD, and M.Des courses from this page.
NID Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates have to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions as prescribed by NID. If at any stage of application process it is found that the candidate is not eligible, his/ her candidature will be cancelled immediately.
NID Entrance Exam 2018: Eligibility Criteria for B.Des and GDPD
Criteria 1: Age Limit: The candidates must not be more than 20 years of age while applying. The 20 years should be as on 30 Jun 2018. The relaxation on upper age limit for reserved category candidates is as mentioned below:
- OBC-NCL, SC, ST – 23 years, as on 30 Jun 2018
- PwD – 25 years, as on 30 Jun 2018
- Foreign Nationals – 20 years, as on 30 Jun 2018
Criteria 2: Educational Qualification:Applicants who have passed or will be appearing for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations from any recognised board of education is eligible.
Examinations considered equivalent to these are as follows:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or state board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, see www.aiuweb.org).
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination under a board or university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, see www.aiuweb.org).
- The final examination of the 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior secondary school examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects.
- Completed 10+2 system or its equivalent from any public school, board/ university examination in India or in any foreign country recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
- Obtained High School Certificate Examination from Cambridge University or an International Baccalaureate diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed final examinations for class XII (or equivalent) outside India or from a board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination conducted in India
Points to Remember
- Candidates who are yet to appear for their final qualifying examination are eligible to apply, provided that they produce proof of having acquired the minimum required qualifications at the time of admission.
- If case, candidate’s results of class 12th or final semester or final year of graduation (as the case may be) have not been declared yet by the concerned board or university by the date of admission, admission shall be strictly provisional, subject to the following conditions:
- He/she must be able to submit the final result of their qualifying degree or certificate proving their eligibility.
- Candidates who are seeking provisional admission in case they are awaiting their final results , they will be required to provide proof of having passed all their examinations in all the previous years/semesters of their qualifying degree.
- He/she should also provide the qualifying exam date sheet/admit card/Principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in their final qualifying exam.
- Applicants who appeared for compartment or supplementary examination(s) for standard 12th or have backlogs of any semester/final year of graduation and whose results have not been yet been declared, such candidates will be considered for admission as per (a) above.
- Any candidate who has not appeared for their final qualifying exam before the date of admission shall not be eligible to apply.
NID Entrance Exam 2018: Eligibility Criteria for M.Des
Criteria 1: Age Limit:The upper age limit to apply for M.Des course if 30 years, as on 30 Jun 2018. The reservation for the reserved category candidates is as mentioned below:
- OBC-NCL, SC, ST – 33 years, as on 30 Jun 2018.
- PwD Reserved Category – 35 years, as on 30 Jun 2018.
- Foreign Nationals – 30 years, as on 30 Jun 2018.
Criteria 2: Educational Qualification: Applicants should have either appeared for (whose results are awaited), passed, or will be appearing for any of the following degree examinations:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 (or more) system, from any institute or university recognised by Indian Law.
- Diploma in design under the 10+2+4 system, from any recognised university or institute by law in India. Or
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 system from any recognised university or institute by the law in India.
Note: In case the degree or certificate has been obtained from a university/board of any foreign country, an equivalence certificate must be obtained by the candidate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, prior to the admission.