Admission to Post Graduate (Dental) course in S.C.B. Dental College & Hospital, Cuttack will be done on basis of NEET MDS 2017. Selection of candidates for PG (Dental) Courses in S.C.B. Dental College& Hospital, Cuttack affiliated to Utkal University of Odisha shall be conducted by the PG (Dental) Counseling Committee.
Odisha PG Dental Admission 2017 – Instead of holding entrance exam, admission will be done on basis of NEET MDS 2017. The National Board of Examinations is conducting National Eligibility cum Entrance Test from 30 Nov to 03 Dec 2016
Aspirants should follow the entrire precedure laid down by the body which conducts NEET.
Important dates for NEET MDS 2017 Admission
|Release of notification saying that admission is through NEET MDS 2017||October 3, 2016|
|Date of NEET MDS 2017 exam||November 30, 2016, to December 3, 2016|
|Declaration of NEET MDS Result||January 15, 2017|
2nd Round Counselling Schedule is as follows:
|Event||Tentative Date & Time|
|Notification of Provisional Seat Matrix||16.5.2017 By 5:00 pm|
|Redressal of Grievance||17.5.2017 up to 5:00 pm|
|Notification of Revised Seat Matrix and
revised merit list.
|Choice Locking||19.5.2017 (6 AM to 10 PM)|
|Download of Allotment cum Admission
|Depositing the allotment cum
admission letter and fees before convener and joining in institutions
|20-05-2017 to 27-05-2017 (11.00 A.M. to 04.00 P.M.)|
- Seat Matrix of Deemed Universities after 1st Round Counselling
- Seat Matrix if Newly included seats for Deemed Universities
Odisha PG Dental Admission 2017
The PG (Dental) Courses are of 3 years duration from the date of joining. Admissions to PG (Dental) Courses are subjected to starting / renewal of permission/ increase of seats by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. The admission will be made once a year. The academic session commences from 1 st May of the academic year unless otherwise notified.
At the time of application the candidate must have passed B.D.S. degree examination from an institution recognized by Dental Council of India fulfilling all criteria laid down by Dental Council of India as eligibility / qualifying criteria and has obtained registration either from the Dental Council of India or any of the State Dental Council after passing the final B.D.S. Examination and have already completed / completing one year (12 months) Compulsory Rotating Internship in a recognized Dental College by 31st March, 2017 and must be:
- A permanent resident of Odisha and required to furnish a certificate of permanent residence of Odisha from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar of the area concerned OR
- The Son/Daughter/Spouse of any one of the following category
- Employees of Government of Odisha
- All India Services belonging to Odisha Cadre serving within or outside Odisha
- Public Sector undertaking of either State of Odisha or Govt. of India located in Odisha
- Ex-servicemen personnel who is a permanent resident of Odisha (shall produce the relevant Certificate from Rajya Sainik Board)
- Candidates who have completed PG (Dental) Course or studying PG (Dental) in any subject shall not be eligible to apply for PG (Dental) Course.
- Candidates belonging to both direct and in-service category shall be selected through an Entrance Examination i.e. NEET MDS 2017.
- Candidates shall be selected in order of merit (In-service & Direct). In case of non-availability of candidates against In-service seats, the seats shall be filled up by Direct candidates and viceversa.
- Unfilled “All India Seats”, if any, will be filled up as per the decision of the selection committee on the spot of counseling.
- All the qualified Candidates of NEET MDS 2017 with eligibility, shall be eligible and a provisional merit list shall be prepared of all the eligible candidates.
- The Merit lists shall be published in the website i.e. www.dmetodisha.gov.in (PG Medical/Dental section). The result of the individual candidate will not be intimated by post.
- While preparing merit lists, in case of two or more candidates securing equal marks the ranking shall be decided in order of preference as under:
- Candidate securing higher marks in the subject applied for in his B.D.S. Examination.
- If this is equal, the elder, according to the date of birth furnished, will get preference over the younger
Notified on 10 May 2017: – The spot and final round Counselling MDS 2017-18 for the following vacant seats in SCB Dental College would be held on 15.5.2017 at 9.30 AM in the office chamber of Convenor, Department of OMFS, SCB Dental College & Hospital, Cuttack. The merit listed candidates desirous of attending the counselling to take admission in the vacant seats or in any consequential vacancies arising there in can attend the same as per the following schedule.
Date of Spot counselling: 15.05.2017
Reporting time: 9.30AM to 10.30 AM
Counselling time: 11 AM to 1 PM
Venue: Office of the Convenor, Department of OMFS, SCB Dental College & Hospital, Cuttack
Seat Matrix for Spot Counselling for SCB Dental College
NB: The candidates are requested to bring all requisite documents as per the guidelines including original CLC, admission fees in shape of Bank Draft drawn in favour of “Convener, PG (Dental) Counseling Committee” payable at Cuttack and the duly signed Bond.
The counseling of merit listed candidates shall be done online or manually as may be decided by the Chairman/Convener depending on the number of applicants.
The standard online procedure shall be as follows:
- All the merit listed candidates who wish to participate in counseling procedure for admission must register in due time in the website of DMET i.e www.dmetodisha.gov.in in appropriate admission sections. Registration means creating own username and password for logging in to the online counseling site. Without registration the candidate cannot proceed to next step of online application. The user name and password must not be shared with others.
- After log-in to the site the candidate has to fill up the online application form and submit by clicking the “submit” button. A printout of the online application form must be taken.
- The candidate has to attend the document verification session and get his/her online application authenticated. In case of emergency any authorized person on behalf of the candidate can attend on production of authorization letter of candidate. The candidate has to submit the counseling/application fees of Rs.2,500/-, in shape of Bank Draft drawn in favor of “Convener PG(Dental) Counseling Committee, payable at Cuttack and self attested copies of documents along with originals. The counseling/application fee is not refundable. Only on successful verification of documents the candidate becomes eligible and name will appear in the merit list. The names of candidates who fail to attend document verification on scheduled dates will not appear in the merit list and cannot participate in choice lock and subsequent process of counseling and admission
- Then the candidate has to submit his/her choice of course and college in order of preference as per schedule, in the online site and lock the choice.
- College and course will be allotted on merit basis. The candidate can download the allotment cum admission letter and personally appear before the Convener on the notified date, time and venue along with required admission fees for provisional admission. The mode of deposit of admission fees will be notified by Convener. The candidate has to deposit the original College Leaving Certificate and will be issued a provisional admission letter.
- The candidate must report before the authority of the institution allotted with in stipulated date as notified and submit a copy of the provisional admission letter for completion of admission process at institutional level.
- In case the candidate resign after admission, before the counseling for the academic session is complete shall get back 90% of admission fees deposited and 10% shall be retained as processing fees. If the candidate resign after counseling process is over, for which a seat lapse, no fees will be refunded and action as mentioned here in after shall be taken against him/her.
- If at the end of counseling vacancy still exists due to any reason the convener may notify a spot counseling. Physical presence of the candidate is a must for participating the spot counseling.
Other detail procedures & schedules of different rounds of counseling, choice locking, schedule of provisional admission & reporting etc. will be notified by the Convener in the web site of DMET, Odisha in appropriate section as and when required. Candidates are requested to be in constant touch with the website.
For complete guidelines of Odisha PG Dental Admission 2017 – Download Notification