OUAT 2017 is the Entrance Exam for admission to UG course in Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology. OUAT 2017 will be conducted for admission into UG Course for both boys & girls for the academic session 2017-18. Candidates can get here detailed information regarding OUAT 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, admit card, selection process etc. on this page.
Latest – OUAT 2017 Counselling Call Letter has been released, Check it below.
OUAT 2017 – Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology will be released notification for OUAT 2017 entrance test for admission to the followings UG course. OUAT 2017 Entrance Examination for selection of candidates for admission into above courses will be conducted in different centres spreading all over the State.
OUAT Quick Links
OUAT Other Admission
|Submission of Application online Form A||01 Apr to 10 May 2017|
|Downloading of Admit card||25 May to 04 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||04 Jun 2017 (10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.)|
|Submission of Form ‘B’ (on line )||08 Jun to
|Counselling and admission|
This is for information of all the candidates that, the counselling for admission into different Under Graduate Courses for the Academic Session 2017-18 will be conducted in the Dr. M. S. Swaminathan
Conference Hall, 2nd floor, OUAT Administrative Building , Bhubaneswar-3 as per detail Programme given below.
DETAILS OF FEE STRUCTURE AND MODE OF PAYMENT : (Rs.)
For Counselling Call Letter – Click here
- This intimation is not ensuring any seat but only to attend the counselling for admission. Admission depends on availability of seat and the candidates’ eligibility after verification of original documents.
- The Admission Board reserves the right to deny admission to any candidate who has submitted wrong information in Form-B to get higher rank for admission.
- Candidate seeking admission into OUAT based on their merit should bring Demand Draft of any Nationalised Bank drawn in favour of “COMPTROLLER, OUAT, Bhubaneswar”, payable at Bhubaneswar. Payment can also be made by SBI collect through net banking facility.
- Candidates for Admission into B.Sc. (Forestry) courses shall attend the endurance test one day before counselling date with a medical certificate (Annexure-VII) from CDMO & equivalent rank issued within 30 days prior to counselling. They have to report at 5.30 A.M. on the date of endurance test at college of Agriculture, Assembly Hall, OUAT, Bhubaneswar.
- Candidates without endurance fitness certificate are not allowed to take admission into B.Sc.(Forestry) courses.
- The candidates are required to produce all the certificate in original and rank card along with the requisite admission fees in shape of Demand Draft as mentioned above.
Students admitted into B.Sc.(Hons.)Agriculture/ B.Sc.(Hons.)Horticulture / B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry /B.Sc.(Hons.)Community Science without having Mathematics or Biology at the +2 level will have to make up their deficiency by taking pre-requisite courses in the subject (Mathematics / Biology) to be offered during the first two semesters.
OUAT 2017 Entrance Exam Pattern
The Entrance Examination will be of multiple choice question (MCQ) for 200 marks of two hours duration and the medium of Examination will be English. The Entrance Examination will be held on 04.06.2017 (10.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.). The subjects of examination and marks distribution are indicated below.
Candidates are to answer Physics, Chemistry and either Mathematics or Biology.
There is no negative marks for wrong answer.
Weightage to Academic Career and Entrance Examination
Weighted score of candidates will be calculated on the basis of his/her academic career and Entrance Examination as given below:
|a) H.S.C. / equivalent||25%|
|b) +2 Sc. /equivalent||25%|
|c) Entrance Examination||50%*|
*i.e. 1/4th of the total mark secured in the Entrance Examination
- The H.S.C. marks without extra optional and +2 Science mark in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology (whichever is higher) will be taken in to account.
- In case of candidates who have passed any of the examinations compartmentally/ improvement, the average marks of the 1st and 2nd examinations will be taken for computation of the weighted score.
Intake Capacity and Breakup of Seats
Reservation: ICAR/VCI – 15%, SC-8%, ST- 12 %, GCH-5% Ph.Handicapped.-3%
For Agro-Polytechnic Pass Out Students of OUAT
- For pass out students of Diploma in Agro-Polytechnic Course of OUAT, 10% of the intake capacity of respective streams of Diploma in Agro-Polytechnic Course are kept reserved in different UG Courses, over and above the intake capacity of these discipline on cost sharing basis.
- Seat breakup for different courses i.e. Agriculture/Horticulture/Fishery and Veterinary science & A.H. are 12 Nos. of seats in B.Sc.(Hons.)Agriculture out of which 6 Nos. of seats each in the College of Agriculture, Chiplima and Bhawanipatna, 4 Nos. of seats for B.Sc.(Hons.)Horticulture at College of Horticulture Chiplima, 2 Nos. of seats for B.F.Sc.at College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda and 2 Nos. of seats for B.V.Sc. & A.H. at College of Veterinary Sc. & A.H., Bhubaneswar.
OUAT 2017 Selection Procedure
There will be a COMMON ENTRANCE EXAMINATION for selection of the candidates for admission into B.Sc.(Hons.)Agriculture, B.Sc.(Hons.)Horticulture, B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry, B.F.Sc., B.V.Sc. & A.H., B. Tech.(Agril. Engg.) and B.Sc.(Hons.) Community Science courses. The candidates for admission will be selected solely on the basis of Merit (Weighted Score) which is based on his/her academic career and performance in the Entrance Examination. If two or more candidates secure the same computed score, the tie shall be resolved and their merit positions will be decided on the basis of higher marks in the Entrance Examination or +2 Science or HSC/equivalent in that order.
The candidates seeking admission into B.Sc.(Hons.)Forestry Course should qualify Physical Endurance Test to be conducted one day before their respective day of the counseling of each category, failing which their candidature for the admission into B.Sc.(Hons.)Forestry course will not be considered. To appear at Physical Endurance Test, the candidate must come with a certificate of Physical Fitness(Annexure-VII) as issued by the medical officer not below the rank of CDMO within the prior period of 30 days with respect to physical capacity to undergo an endurance test of brisk walking of 25 km for male and 14 km for female within four hours and the candidates should posses the minimum physical standard as follows.
Eligibility requirement (B.Sc. Forestry)
- Male (General & SC) = 163 cm., ST = 152 cm
- Female (General & SC) = 150 cm., ST = 145 cm
2) Chest girth
- Male = 79 cm to 84 cm (Minimum 5 cm. expansion)
- Female =74 cm to 79 cm (Minimum 5 cm. expansion)
3) Physical capacity for Fast walking in four hours :-
- Male = 25 km
- Female = 14 km
For more details of OUAT 2017 – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries regarding OUAT 2017, please ask in comments below.