The Panjab University has released the information brochure and application form for PU Law Entrance Test 2019, the candidate can check the link given below. The exam is going to be conducted for admission to BA LLB and B.Com LLB (Hons) programs on June 16, 2019. Candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria for admission can apply for the same. Check complete details of PU Law Entrance Test 2019 for BA / B.Com LLB (Hons) from this page.
PU B.A / B.Com LLB 2019 (Hons)
Courses Offered: B.A LLB (Hons) and B.Com LLB (Hons)
Duration: 5 Years Integrated Course
The important dates related to PU BA/B.Com LLB 2019 Entrance Examination are as mentioned below:
|Information brochure and application form released on||15 Apr 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form and generate Bank Challan||24 May 2019|
|Deadline to submit application fee at any branch of SBI||27 May 2019|
|Photograph, signature and other required information is to be uploaded before||29 May 2019|
|Last date to submit printout form, with the documents related to concession in fee is||03 Jun 2019|
|Availability of admit card begins from||10 Jun 2019|
|PU – B.A . / B. Com . LL .B .(Hons.) (5 years) Integrated Course Entrance Test held on|
|Availability of Answer key||18 Jun 2019|
|Last date to submit objection||20 Jun 2019|
|Announcement of Result||26 Jun 2019|
|Availability of Admission form on offical website||01 Jul 2019|
|Counselling||24 Jul 2019|
PU BA/B.Com LLB Application Process
The application form of PU LLB 2019 is available now. The candidates may access it by clicking on the link above. The steps for applying are:
- Click on the provided link
- Register by entering Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail Id, Class 10th Roll Number, Class 10th Board Name, Class 10th Passing Year, Category,
- Next, the candidates will have to submit the application fee.
- After paying the application fee, the candidates need to login after 24 hours and upload Photograph, Signature, and other required details in the application form.
PU UG LAW 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Any candidate who has already passed or appearing in March 2019 in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council shall be eligible to appear in the Entrance Test.
- The admission of a candidate to the Entrance Test shall be provisional. It shall stand cancelled, if s/he fails to satisfy the requisite eligibility conditions laid down by Panjab University by the date fixed for the admission. Such candidate will not have any claim, whatsoever, with regard to her/his admission to the said course.
- The candidature of a candidate who is appearing in 10+2 examination in March 2019, shall stand cancelled if s/he fails to pass or gets reappear or fails to secure the prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. Such candidate will not have any claim, whatsoever with regard to her/his admission to the above-said course/s.
- A candidate who has passed/appeared in 10+2 Examination of Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad is ineligible to appear in the Entrance Test, as this institution has been de-recognised by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Admit Card 2019
The admit card of the examination will be released on the official website. Candidates will be able to download it by submitting the Login Id and Password. On the exam day, the candidates will have to carry the admit card, as well as one photo id proof with it. Only when candidates will carry both the documents, they will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Test Exam Pattern 2019
The Entrance Test shall be based on ‘Legal and General Awareness’ as per the details given below:
- Number of Questions – 100
- Marks allotted to each question – 1 mark each
- Marks deducted for each wrong answer – ¼
- Total Marks for the paper – 100 marks
- Duration of the Paper – 90 minutes
The table below will help in understanding the question and marks distribution.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks per Subject|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||60||60|
|Aptitude for Law||20||20|
|Mental Ability Test||10||10|
However, the medium of instruction for teaching and semester examination will be English only.
Exam Centres for PU B.A/B.Com LLB Admission 2019
It has been announced by the University that the entrance test will only be held in Chandigarh. The list of the centers has not been announced yet. However, last year’s centers were:
- University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh.
- UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, Panjab University Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
- UIL, Panjab University Regional Centre, Civil Lines, Ludhiana.
The Punjab University will release the official answer keys of PU Law Entrance Test 2019. Candidates can download the answer key from the official website i.e., puchd.ac.in or the direct link will be provided in this page. The Punjab University also released the Question Booklet will be given in this page. Candidates can download the answer key and question booklet from the link provided below.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Result
The result of the university UG law admission will be announced online, on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it through the login. It will indicate the performance of the candidate through score and merit. The two components of the result are as explained below:
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Score – It will be calculated by using the marking scheme and will indicate the performance of the candidates in the PU Entrance Exam 2019.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Merit List 2019 – The merit list of Panjab University will be prepared a little differently.
- B.A L.L.B merit list will be prepared by giving 50% weightage to entrance test score and remaining 50% to performance in qualifying examination (+other admissible weightage)
- B.Com L.L.B merit list as well, 50% weightage will be given to the score of the entrance test. However, the remaining 50% weightage will only be provided to score in Commerce subject (+other admissible weightage)
PU B.A/B.Com Counselling
The merit holders will be required to attend counselling in person. The candidates will be asked the choice for the course and college and on the basis of merit seat allocation will be done. It will begin on July 24, 2019, and all the candidates will have to mark their attendence in all the three centers. as per the schedule below:
|Counselling Center||Category||Date||Expected Timing|
|UILS, PU Chandigarh||All Categories||24 Jul 2019||9:30 AM|
|UILS, PU Chandigarh All||Reserved Categories||25 Jul 2019||9:30 AM|
|UIL, PURC Ludhiana||General & Reserved Categories||26 Jul 2019||9 AM to 12 noon|
|UILS, PUSSGRC, HSP||General & Reserved Categories||26 Jul 2019||12.30 noon to 4 PM|
PU B.A/B.Com Admission Form
The university will release admission form after the conclusion of the entrance examination. Candidates must submit the admission form, else they will not be allowed to participate in counselling. The details once submitted in the form cannot be changed. Hence, the candidates should submit it very carefully. More details about admission form are available on the official website.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB 2019 Seat Intake & Participating Institutes
The total number of seats in the participating institutes are:
|Course||Number of Seats||Institute||Contact Details|
|B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)||120||University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.||Email: [email protected]|
|B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)||120||University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh||Email: [email protected]|
|B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)||60||UIL, P.U. Regional Centre, Ludhiana||E-mail: [email protected]|
|B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)||60||UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U. Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.||E-mail: [email protected]|
Offical website:- puchd.ac.in/
For more details on PU B.A/B.Com check, Information Brochure.