|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
PU BA/B.Com LLB 2017 – The Panjab University has released the information brochure and application form for B.A and B.Com LLB entrance test 2017. The exam was held on May 21, 2017. The candidates can apply from April 06 to May 03, 2017. The candidates are only invited to apply for the examination if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Check details on PU BA/B.Com LLB Admission 2017 from this page.
PU BA / B.Com LLB Result & Answer key have been published. Check the link below.
Salient Features of PU B.A/B.Com LLB 2017
Courses Offered: B.A LLB (Hons) and B.Com LLB (Hons)
Duration: 5 Years Integrated Course
Total Number of Seats: 360
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Test 2017 Important Dates
The important dates related to PU BA/B.Com LLB 2017 Entrance Examination are as mentioned below:
|Information brochure and application form released on||April 06, 2017|
|Last date to submit application form and generate Bank Challan||May 03, 2017|
|Deadline to submit application fee at any branch of SBI||May 06, 2017 (upto 3:59 pm)|
|Photograph, signature and other required information is to be uploaded before||May 10, 2017|
|Last date to submit printout form, with the documents related to concession in fee is||May 11, 2017 (upto 4:00 pm)|
|Availability of admit card begins from||May 15, 2017|
|PU BA/B.Com LLB entrance test will be held on||May 21, 2017|
|Result announced on||May 30, 2017|
|Admission form available from||June 01, 2017|
|Counselling will begin from||July 06, 2017|
PU BA/B.Com LLB Application Process
The application form of PU LLB 2017 are now available. The candidates may access it by clicking on the link above. The steps for applying are:
- Click on the provided link
- Register by entering Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail Id, Class 10th Roll Number, Class 10th Board Name, Class 10th Passing Year, Category,
- Next, the candidates will have to submit the application fee. The fee amount is Rs. 2100 (for SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 1050) and can only be paid through SBI challan.
- After paying the application fee, the candidates need to login after 24 hours and upload Photograph, Signature, and other required details in the application form.
PU UG LAW 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the admission in both the courses is that the candidate should have passed 10+2 with 50% marks. The criteria for SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates is 45%. However, it should be noted that the following candidates are not eligible:
- Candidates, who completed 10+2 through Open Universities system and did not receive any basic qualification for prosecuting.
- Those, who will not appear for the entrance examination.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB 2017 Seat Intake & Participating Institutes
The total number of seats in the participating institutes are:
|Course||Number of Seats||Institute||Contact Details|
|B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)||120||University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.||Email: email@example.com|
|B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)||120||University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)||60||UIL, P.U. Regional Centre, Ludhiana||E-mail: email@example.com|
|B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)||60||UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, P.U. Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Test Exam Pattern 2017
The Entrance Test shall be based on ‘Legal and General Awareness’ as per the details given below:
- Number of Questions – 100
- Marks allotted to each question – 1 mark each
- Marks deducted for each wrong answer – ¼
- Total Marks for the paper – 100 marks
- Duration of the Paper – 90 minutes
The table below will help in understanding the question and marks distribution.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks per Subject|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||60||60|
|Aptitude for Law||20||20|
|Mental Ability Test||10||10|
However, the medium of instruction for teaching and semester examination will be English only.
Exam Centres for PU B.A/B.Com LLB Admission 2017
It has been announced by the University that the entrance test will only be held in Chandigarh. The list of the centers has not been announced yet. However, last year’s centers were:
- University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh.
- UILS, Swami Sarvanand Giri, Panjab University Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
- UIL, Panjab University Regional Centre, Civil Lines, Ludhiana.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Admit Card 2017
The admit card of the examination will be released on the official website. Candidates will be able to download it by submitting the Login Id and Password. On the exam day, the candidates will have to carry the admit card, as well as one photo id proof with it. Only when candidates will carry both the documents, they will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
PU B.A/B.Com Admission Form
The university will release admission form after the conclusion of the entrance examination. Candidates must submit the admission form, else they will not be allowed to participate in counselling. The details once submitted in the form can cannot be changes. Hence, the canddates should submit it very carefully. More details about admission form are available on the official website.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Result
The result of the university UG law admission will be announced online, on the official website. The candidates will be able to check it through the login. It will indicate the performance of the candidate through score and merit. The two components of the result are as explained below:
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Score – It will be calculated by using the marking scheme and will indicate the performance of the candidates in the PU Entrance Exam 2017.
PU B.A/B.Com LLB Merit List 2017 – The merit list of Panjab University will be prepared a little differently.
- B.A L.L.B merit list will be prepared by giving 50% weightage to entrance test score and remaining 50% to performance in qualifying examination (+other admissible weightage)
- For B.Com L.L.B merit list as well, 50% weightage will be given to the score of the entrance test. However, the remaining 50% weightage will only be provided to score in Commerce subject (+other admissible weightage)
PU B.A/B.Com Counselling
The merit holders will be required to attend counselling in person. The candidates will be asked the choice for the course and college and on the basis of merit seat allocation will be done. It will begin on July 06, 2017, and all the candidates will have to mark their attendence in all the three centers. as per the schedule below:
|UILS, PU Chandigarh||General Category||06-07-2017||9:30 AM|
|UILS, PU Chandigarh All||Reserved Categories||07-07-2017||9:30 AM|
|UIL, PURC Ludhiana||General & Reserved Categories||08-07-2017||9 AM to 12 noon|
|UILS, PUSSGRC, HSP||General & Reserved Categories||08-07-2017||12.30 noon to 4 PM|
For more details on PU B.A/B.Com check the information brochure – From Here