PU LEET – IT is conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh for admission to Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology and UIET, SSGPURC Hoshiarpur Punjab. Read all the details regarding PU LEET Entrance Test from this page given below. Last date of Filling of the application form is over the candidates who have successfully registered the application form for that candidate only the admit card will get released by the conducting body. For more details regarding the PULEET candidate can visit the official site i.e. puleet.puchd.ac.in.
PU LEET Entrance Test
The candidate who has filled their application form on time will be able to download the Roll no / Admit card for entrance test. The admission will be made on the basis of the Entrance Test and Interview as per the specified date.
Schedule for the PU LEET is given below-
|Date of PU LEET 2019 Entrance Test||14 Jul 2019 (Sunday)|
|Date of PU LEET 2020 Entrance Test||Second Week of Jul 2020|
The lateral entry from Diploma to 2nd year of 4-year B.E. degree level will subject to the following conditions:
- The candidate must have passed Diploma in Engineering of minimum 3-year duration after Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics, from polytechnic college/institute affiliated with the state board of Technical education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE. OR
- The candidate must have passed diploma in the engineering of minimum 2-year duration after 10 + 2 from Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE.
- Candidate must have passed their qualifying examination i.e Diploma in Engineering not earlier than 2016.
- Admission would be made on the basis of merit obtained in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Candidate having reappear or compartment in diploma in engineering is not eligible for admission in the course even though he/she clears the reappear or compartment by the time of counseling.
Scheme of Entrance Test
The duration of the Entrance Test will be one hour and thirty minutes and it will consist of 75 multiple-choice questions of one mark each. The syllabus will be based broadly on the course contents as provided in the Prospectus. There will be negative marking for wrong answers ( ¼ marks will be deducted).
There shall be Negative Marking for Wrong Answers i.e. marks will be deducted for wrong answers. If for each correct answer 1 mark is to be awarded, for a wrong answer ¼ mark will be deducted.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers (1/4 marks will be deducted).
Instruction to Candidates
Only the candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination for a particular Course can apply for the Entrance Test.
Qualifying an Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to seek admission in a course. The candidate will have to fill up and submit an Admission Form and has to meet the eligibility requirements of the course.
The University will publish Merit List of the candidates on the basis of attainment of a minimum of 20% (15% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC/PwD) of the aggregate of maximum marks in the Entrance Test taken as a whole.
Candidates securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. Their inter-se merit will be determined by the Institution in accordance with the following criteria:
- A candidate getting the higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit
- That if the marks in qualifying examination are also the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination, shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in (i) & (ii) above, candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
The final merit for admission shall be computed by the University for Admission in the course(s).
Official Website: puleet.puchd.ac.in