|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
PU LEET – 2017 is conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh for admission to Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology and UIET, SSGPURC Hoshiarpur Punjab. Read all the details regarding PU LEET 2017 Entrance Test from this page given below.
PU LEET Result 2017 has been declared! – Check Here
PU LEET 2017 Entrance Test
Candidates seeking admission in Panjab University have to fill their application from the official website puleet.puchd.ac.in as per schedule mention below. Those who fill their application on time can be able to download the Roll no / Admit card for entrance test which will be held in the month of July 2017. The admission shall be made on the basis of the Entrance Test and Interview as per the specified date.
|Date of Availability of Application Form||16 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of information||14 Jun 2017|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of SBI||16 Jun 2017|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature etc.||18 Jun 2017|
|Availability of Admit card||27 Jun 2017|
|Date of holding Entrance Test||02 Jul 2017|
|Uploading of Answer Key and inviting Objections (through e-mail only)||05 Jul 2017|
|Last date for submission of objections to the Answer Key||07 Jul 2017|
|Date of declaration of result||07 Jul 2017|
|Date of availability of Admission Form for CCET, Chandigarh and UIET, PUSSGRC, Hoshiarpur||14 Jul 2017|
The lateral entry from Diploma to 2nd year of 4-year B.E. degree level will subject to the following conditions:
- The candidate must have passed diploma in Engineering of minimum 3 year duration after Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics, from polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of Technical education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE. OR
- The candidate must have passed diploma in engineering of minimum 2 year duration after 10 + 2 from Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE.
- Candidate must have passed their qualifying examination i.e Diploma in Engineering not earlier than 2015.
- Admission would be made on the basis of merit obtained in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Candidate having reappear or compartment in diploma in engineering is not eligible for admission in the course even though he/she clears the reappear or compartment by the time of counseling.
Seats available at Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology, Sector 26, Chandigarh
Total Sanctioned Intake under LEET: 48 Seats
The Branch-wise break-up of the seats (i.e. for 48) is given in the table below:-
In addition to above, any seats lying vacant in the second year of Engineering Programmes are also to be filled through Lateral Entry alongwith 48 seats. At present 17 nos. seats are lying vacant due to surrender of seats by 1st year students and these seats are also to be filled in through PULEET. The stream wise details are as under:-
Seats available at University Institute of Engineering & Technology, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
Total Vacant Seats under LEET: 44 Seats
NOTE: 1. In case any other seat falling vacant due to surrender till the date of counseling, the same will also be filled in through PULEET.
Scheme of Entrance Test
The duration of the Entrance Test will be one hour and thirty minutes and it will consist of 75 multiple-choice questions of one mark each. The syllabus will be based broadly on the course contents as provided in the Prospectus. There will be negative marking for wrong answers ( ¼ marks will be deducted).
There shall be Negative Marking for Wrong Answers i.e. marks will be deducted for wrong answers. If for each correct answer 1 mark is to be awarded, for a wrong answer ¼ mark will be deducted.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers (1/4 marks will be deducted).
Instruction to Candidates
Only the candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination for a particular Course can apply for the Entrance Test.
Qualifying an Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to seek admission in a course. The candidate will have to fill up and submit an Admission Form and has to meet the eligibility requirements of the course.
The University will publish Merit List of the candidates on the basis of attainment of a minimum of 20% (15% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC/PwD) of aggregate of maximum marks in the Entrance Test taken as a whole.
Candidates securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. Their inter-se merit will be determined by the Institution in accordance with the following criteria:
- A candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit
- That if the marks in qualifying examination are also the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination, shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in (i) & (ii) above, candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
The final merit for admission shall be computed by the University for Admission in the course(s).
For more detail of PU LEET 2017 Entrance Test – Download Information Brochure.