PU LEET – Panjab University has conducted Lateral Entry Engineering entrance exam for admission to Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology and UIET, SSGPURC Hoshiarpur Punjab. There will be no cut off of marks in the LEET entrance test for any category. The University will publish a common Merit cum rank list. Rank will be awarded on the basis of marks obtained in the PU LEET exam to all the candidates. Qualifying an Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to seek admission in a course. For more details regarding the PU LEET candidate can visit the official site i.e. puleet.puchd.ac.in
Latest: Date of Entrance Exam has been announced for PULEET 2021 for the session 2021-22.
PU LEET Entrance Test 2021
The candidate who has filled their application form on time will be able to download the Roll no / Admit card for entrance test. The admission will be made on the basis of the Entrance Test and Interview as per the specified date.
Schedule for the PU LEET is given below-
|PU LEET 2021 Entrance Test||11 Jul 2021 (2 PM – 3:40 PM)|
|PU LEET 2020 Entrance Test||19 Jul 2020|
|PU LEET 2019 Entrance Test||14 Jul 2019 (Sunday)|
PU LEET 2021 Entrance Test Date (Announced)
The general conditions regarding eligibility –
- It must be ensured that the examination passed by a candidate on the basis of which he/she is seeking admission to the next higher class in the College stands recognized by the Panjab University.
- Only eligible candidates are admitted to the course concerned. Responsibility for making the wrong admission or allowing the wrong combination of subjects to a student shall lie entirely with the College/Department authorities.
- The eligibility form should be accompanied by a forwarding letter from the Principal of the College/Chairperson of the Teaching Department indicating the reason for denying admission to the candidate.
- An affidavit in duplicate from each candidate having gap year seeking admission to the College/Department to the effect that he/she was not disqualified by any Board/Body/Council/University and he/she was not already registered with the Panjab University (wherever applicable), must be obtained by the concerned College/Department before allowing admission.
- That a candidate who has been placed under compartment/re-appear in one subject only with at least 20% marks (Theory & Practical taken together) in the subject in which he/she has been placed in compartment in the +2 examination conducted by the Open School Boards in India shall be eligible to seek admission to the 1st Semester of B.A./B.Sc.(General)/B.Com./B.B.A./B.C.A. course under 10+2+3 system of education.
- The candidate who is admitted in first/third/fifth semester will be allowed to be promoted to second/fourth/sixth semester respectively. However, for promotion from second to third orfrom fourth to fifth semester the candidate will have to clear 50% of the total papers till that semester. It is further clarified that for calculating 50% fraction, like, 2.5, 3.5 or 4.5 will be considered as 3, 4 or 5 respectively.
Scheme of Entrance Test
The duration of the Entrance Test will be one hour and thirty minutes and it will consist of 75 multiple-choice questions of one mark each. The syllabus will be based broadly on the course contents as provided in the Prospectus. There will be negative marking for wrong answers ( ¼ marks will be deducted).
There shall be Negative Marking for Wrong Answers i.e. marks will be deducted for wrong answers. If for each correct answer 1 mark is to be awarded, for a wrong answer ¼ mark will be deducted.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers (1/4 marks will be deducted).
Instruction to Candidates
Only the candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination for a particular Course can apply for the Entrance Test.
Qualifying an Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to seek admission in a course. The candidate will have to fill up and submit an Admission Form and has to meet the eligibility requirements of the course.
The University will publish Merit List of the candidates on the basis of attainment of a minimum of 20% (15% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC/PwD) of the aggregate of maximum marks in the Entrance Test taken as a whole.
Candidates securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. Their inter-se merit will be determined by the Institution in accordance with the following criteria:
- A candidate getting the higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit
- That if the marks in qualifying examination are also the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination, shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in (i) & (ii) above, candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
The final merit for admission shall be computed by the University for Admission in the course(s).
About PU LEET Exam
It is the Punjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (PU LEET) is conducted every by the Punjab University for the admission Institutes governed by the Reservation Rules of Panjab University, Chandigarh. There will be no cut off of marks in the PU LEET entrance test for any category. The University will publish a common Merit cum rank list. Rank will be awarded on the basis of marks obtained in the PU LEET exam to all the candidates. Qualifying an Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to seek admission in a course. The candidate will have to fill up and submit an Admission Form and has to meet the eligibility requirements of the course.
Official Website: puleet.puchd.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.