TANCET 2020 Application Form – Anna University has extended the last date fill TANCET application form. Now, the candidates can apply until February 04, 2020, by 05:00 pm. The application form of TANCET 2020 is available online, at tancet.annauniv.edu. To apply for the exam, you need to register after which a secret key is sent on your mobile phone via SMS. With that key, you can login to your account and fill details in TANCET form, upload images, and pay the application fee. Check how to fill TANCET 2020 application form, fee details, and more information from this page.
Latest: TANCET 2020 online registration date has been extended. Apply online from the direct link below.
TANCET 2020 Application Form
Under TANCET 2020, candidates can apply for more than one course. To do so, candidates need to pay fee for each course separately. All the details regarding TANCET application form are given below but before that, have a look at the dates table.
|TANCET 2020 application form||Important date|
|Release of TANCET online application||07 Jan 2020 (10:00 AM)|
|Last date to submit TANCET application form|
Apply here: Click here to fill TANCET 2020 application form.
TANCET 2020 Registration Last Date Extended
Anna University at its official website has notified that the registration for TANCET 2020 has been extended from January 31 to February 04, 2020. This is the last opportunity for the candidates to apply for TANCET 2020.
TANCET 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for TANCET 2020 has been increased by Rs. 100 in comparison to last year. It is payable in online mode only. Candidates can check TANCET 2020 application fee from the table below.
|Name of the programme||General||SC / ST / SCA|
|MBA||Rs. 600||Rs. 300|
|MCA||Rs. 600||Rs. 300|
|M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs. 600||Rs. 300|
|MBA and MCA||Rs. 1200||Rs. 600|
|MBA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs. 1200||Rs. 600|
|MCA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs. 1200||Rs. 600|
|MBA, MCA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||Rs. 1800||Rs. 1200|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the above-given amount of application fee in online mode using credit / debit card / net banking.
Documents Required for TANCET 2020 Registration
It is suggested, that candidates keep following documents ready while applying for TANCET 2020.
- A unique email id and mobile number of the candidate / guardian.
- Class 10th (SSLC) certificate and marksheet
- Class 12th (Higher Secondary) marksheet.
- Scanned image of candidate’s photo.
- Copy of community certificate in the pdf format for SC/ST/SCA category candidate.
- Debit card / credit card / other details required for online payment.
How to Fill TANCET 2020 Application Form?
The application form of TANCET can only be filled online and there is no other way to apply. The step by step guide on how to fill TANCET application from properly is given below:
Step 1: Register Online
- Click on the direct link on this page for TANCET 2020 registration.
- In the TANCET Registration form, enter your name, mobile number, email id, password.
- Click on the “register” button and then proceed to next step.
Step 2: Login
- On submitting the registration details, TANCET key is sent on your registered mobile number by SMS.
- Next, the candidates have to login by entering their registered email id, password and TANCET key.
- On entering the details, click on the “Login” button.
- After submitting the details, proceed to fill in details in the TANCET 2020 Application Form.
Step 3: Fill in TANCET 2020 Application Form
The application form for TANCET 2020 is divided into 4 different section – Entrance test details, personal details, address for communication and academic details.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
- After entering all the necessary information, candidates need to proceed to pay the required amount of the application fee.
- To make the payment the candidates shall provide their Application Number generated after completing all the application formalities.
- Although, the payment is integrated with the application form, if due to some technical error, the candidates face any problem, they can log in again using their application number and proceed to pay the amount.
Details to Enter in TANCET 2020 Application Form
The details to be provided in the TANCET Application Form 2020 is as follows
Entrance test details
- Entrance Test Center – Select the test center from the drop-down menu
- Entrance test applied for – Choose the course/ courses for which you wish to apply for.
- Section Under Part III Opted for
- Date of Birth
Address for Communication
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Address Line 3
- X Std./Equivalent Registration No.
- X Std. / Equivalent Year of Passing
- XII Std. / Equivalent Year of Passing
- UG Degree Programme
- Qualifying Degree Year of Passing
TANCET 2020 Test Centers
In the TANCET 2020 Form, aspirants need to select the following list of test centers. On the basis of the choice of center selected by the candidates, they will be allotted the test center and the same is printed on the TANCET Admit Card.
TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Now, before the aspirants proceed to fill TANCET application form 2020, they must ensure that they check the eligibility criteria first. Below, we have provided TANCET eligibility criteria for all courses:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University or Institute.
- Candidates from other state are also eligible to apply for the TANCET entrance exam.
- Should have obtained 50% marks in the degree exam (45% in case of reserved category)
TANCET 2020 Application Status
The application status for TANCET 2020 can be checked online after payment of the application fee. To check the application status, candidates need to log in using the registered email id and password. With the help of the application status, candidates can check if their form has been accepted or not. The conducting body does not send any email or SMS regarding the acceptance or rejection of TANCET application form.
TANCET 2020 Registration Statistics
Anna University releases a press information on the number of candidates registered for the test. Check tha table below for statistics on TANCET registration.
Registration statistics up to 07 Jan 2020
|Name of the course||Number of candidates registered|
Registration statistics up to 08 Jan 2020
|Name of the course||Number of candidates registered|
TANCET 2020 Admit Card
Admit card acts as a student verification at the exam centre for the registered candidates. It is an important document and is mandatory for candidates to carry the TANCET 2020 admit card to the exam centre. Candidates can download it from the Anna University official website. Candidates can download their admit card using registered email id and password. It consists of personal details as well as exam details like exam date, reporting timing, address of the test center, etc.
About TANCET 2020
The Government of Tamil Nadu has authorized Anna University to conduct the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET). It is a state-level entrance exam conducted for admission to MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech, M.Arch, and M.Plan. Candidates from Tamil Nadu and other states can apply for this entrance test. It is a pen-paper based which consist of MCQ type questions.
About Anna University
Anna University is a technical university located in Tamil Nadu. The main university campus is in Guindy, Chennai. The University was named after C N Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on September 04, 1978. It offers admission in various courses in engineering and technology through its affiliated colleges. It consists of 13 constituent colleges and eight faculties. Also, as many as 593 colleges are affiliated to the educational institution.
TANCET 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for TANCET 2020 by online mode only. To apply online, you need to visit the official website or click on the direct link on this page. Register online by providing the necessary information, fill in details in the application form, pay the application fee and finally take a print out of the completed form for future reference.
Ans : There is no official confirmation on this, however, as per the official sources, a total of 41,936 candidates applied for the test.
Ans : It has not yet been specified that if the edit form facility will be provided or not. However, if it is available it will be uploaded on this page.
Ans : The application form is released by online mode only, there is no offline form for TANCET 2020.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.