TNEA 2020 Counselling – Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) conducts the Counselling for TNEA 2020. It conducts the Counselling for admission to B.E. and B.Tech courses. Counseling for TNEA 2020 is done depending upon the eligibility of the candidates for the courses they have applied for. Candidates can check all the information regarding TNEA 2020 Counselling on the official site i.e. tneaonline.org. Candidates must report to the TNEA 2020 Counselling center on the given date and time. For more information regarding TNEA 2020, Counselling candidates can refer to this page below.
Latest: TNEA 2020 schedule has been revised now. Scroll down to check the details.
TNEA 2020 Counselling
All the information regarding TNEA 2020 Counselling will be done in online mode. Interested candidates can check the important dates and events related to TNEA 2020 Counselling below.
|TNEA 2020||Dates ffor both academic|
|Commencement of TNEA 2020 Online Registration||05 Jul 2020|
|Last date for the submission of TNEA 2020 Application Form||16 Aug 2020|
|Upload of Original certificates start||31 Jul 2020|
|Last date for uploading original certificates|
24 Aug 2020
|TNEA 2020 Random number generation|
26 Aug 2020
|Original Certificate Verification at TFCs|
|Release of TNEA 2020 rank list|
|Counselling for special reservation categories (Differently-able, Sports,|
|Online counselling for academic stream|
|Online counselling for vocational stream|
|Supplementary Counselling – online|
|SCA to SC Counselling – online|
|Last Date for the TNEA 2020 Counselling|
TNEA 2020 Online Counselling Registration Fee
Candidates can check the expected Registration Fee for TNEA 2020 Counselling below.
Initially candidates are required to pay an amount of Rs. 5000/- for TNEA 2020 Counselling (Rs 1000/- for SC/SCA/ST residents of Tamil Nadu) through Demand Draft or Cash and they must produce all the required original certificates.
Note: All those candidates who are willing to submit the deposit through Demand Draft (DD) can submit the DD at the TFC’s and also they must register themselves there.
TNEA 2020 Online Counselling Process
Candidates can check the Counselling process for TNEA 2020 below.
- At first candidates are required to pay the Counselling Fee through Credit Card/Debit Card or by Net Banking.
- After that candidates can do the Choice Filling i.e. they can choose the colleges as per their course and preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices after choosing it otherwise the system itself will lock the choices of the candidates.
- Once the candidates will lock their choices, they will get a pdf on their registered email ids with a generated integrity code to prevent any new modifications of the candidate’s choice list that has been submitted.
TNEA 2020 Seat Allotment
Candidates can check the process for the TNEA 2020 Seat Allotment below.
- According to the rank and the choice of the candidates the system itself allots the choice to the candidates temporarily.
- After this temporary allotment candidate can either confirm or reject the allotment which will lead them to the other allotment options that can be used by the candidates.
- After that, a final allotment process shall take place. which will depend on the ranks and the candidates’s allotment choices. Candidates can view and download their final allotment form the official site as it will be available under their login.
Candidates can check the allotment options which will be given to them below.
- Confirm your temporarily allotted choice
- Confirm your temporarily allotted choice with upward movement
- Reject your temporarily allotted choice and select the upward movement
- Reject your temporarily allotted choice and select to participate in the next round of the Counselling as per the next round’s vacancy position.
- Quit Counselling
What to do after TNEA 2020 Final Seat Allotment
After the final allotment of seats, candidates are required to go to their respective colleges for getting the admission in the given time and also in the provisional allotment order. Candidates can also cancel their remaining fees (excluding the initial deposit submitted for the TNEA 2020) at the allotted college for admission. Candidates must remember that in case if they fail to claim their admission in the given period then he/she will not get their seat and the allotment which was made for them will automatically get canceled.
TNEA 2020 Seat Reservation
Candidates can check the TNEA 2020 Seat Reservation in the table given below.
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
TNEA 2020 Special Reservation
TNEA 2020 shall also provide a special reservation to some selected categories of the candidates. Candidates can check the list for the special reservation categories of the candidates below.
- Son’s / Daughter’s of Ex-Servicemen
- Persons with benchmark disabilities
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
About Department of Technical Education
Government of Kerala has established the Department of Technical Education (DTE) as a higher education governance body in the year 1957. At present DTE has 9 government Engineering colleges, 3 aided engineering colleges, 49 polytechnic colleges, three colleges of fine arts, 39 technical high schools, 17 government commercial institutes, 42 tailoring and garment making training centers and four vocational training centers under it. It manages all the activities in the field of technical education consistent with state and national policies of India.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.