TS ICET 2018 or Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test is a written test, conducted for admission into MBA and MCA courses in full time or part-time or evening or distance mode. The test is conducted by Kakatiya University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad. The entrance test score will be acceptable to all the universities in the state of Telangana, and their affiliated colleges. As of now, the TSCHE has announced only the schedule for Telangana ICET 2018. The exam will be held on May 23 & 24, 2018. This entrance exam has been introduced in the year 2015 and since then Kakatiya University has been conducting it successfully. Candidates are suggested to go through the complete article to know detailed information regarding the exam schedule, pattern, syllabus, admit card and results.
TS ICET 2018
According to reports of last year, a total of 72,448 candidates applied for the test. The highest number of students (30,000) had applied from Hyderabad. Except for the TS ICET 2018 exam date, the rest of the schedule is as per last year’s information.
|Notification shall be available on||22 Feb 2018|
|Application availability from||06 Mar 2018|
|Last date to submit the Application form without late fee||30 Apr 2018|
|Last day Application submission with late fee of Rs.500/-||05 May 2018|
|Last day Application submission with late fee of Rs 2000/-||10 May 2018|
|Last day Application submission with late fee of Rs.5000/-||14 May 2018|
|Last day Application submission with late fee of Rs.10,000/-||19 May 2018|
|Issuance of Telangana ICET 2018 Hall Ticket||07 May 2018|
|TS ICET 2018 exam date||23 & 24 May 2018|
|Publishing of Preliminary Answer Key||27 May 2018|
|Objection Key Submission last date||04 Jun 2018|
|Final Answer Key shall be available on||06 Jun 2018|
|Final Result shall be declared||06 Jun 2018|
|Counselling shall begin from||01st week of July 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for TS ICET 2018
Students are suggested to carefully note the given below points to know the eligibility criteria required before applying for this entrance exam:-
- Domicile Requirements: Candidate should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended up to date.
- Nationality: Candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the University they wish to apply.
- Educational Qualification
- For MBA Admission: The candidates seeking admission for MBA programme should have passed a recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum three years duration. Also, the applicants should have obtained a minimum 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (45C% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST).
- For MCA Admission: The candidates seeking admission in MCA programme should have passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum three years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level with at least 50% marks if in General Category and 45% marks in case of reserved categories to qualify the examination.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination are also eligible to appear for TSICET 2018.
Exam Pattern for TS ICET 2018
TS ICET is a paper-pencil based test, conducted by the the Kakatiya University. Last year the exam was held in 16 centers across the Telangana state. The duration allotted to complete the exam is 150 minutes. The exam has 200 questions in Objective format from three sections – Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability. Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking, making it a 200 marks paper.
The exam shall be divided into three sections-Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability. Follow the table given below to understand the detailed Exam Pattern.
|Section||Number of Questions and Marks|
TS ICET 2018 SYLLABUS
The best way to prepare an examination is to be aware of it syllabus. Gathering the syllabus details should be a candidate’s first priority. Given below is the detailed syllabus of TSICET. Candidates are suggested to plan the preparation according to the provided syllabus. Candidates can also download the official syllabus from the official website of TSICET 2018 icet.tsche.ac.in.
Section-A: Analytical Ability: 75Q (75 Marks)
- Data Sufficiency: 20 Q (20 marks)
- Problem Solving 55 Q (55 Marks)
- a) Sequences and Series 25 Q (25 Marks)
- b) Data Analysis 10 Q (10 Marks)
- c) Coding and Decoding Problems 10Q (10 Marks)
- d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems 10Q (10 Marks)
Section -B: Mathematical Ability 75Q (75 Marks)
- Arithmetical Ability 35Q (35 Marks)
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability 30Q (30 Marks)
III. Statistical Ability: 10Q (10 Marks)
Section-C: Communication Ability: 50Q (50 Marks) Objectives of the Test Candidates will be assessed on the ability to
- Identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
- Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in the business contexts.
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences.
Part 1. Vocabulary 10Q (10M)
Part 2. Business and Computer terminology 10Q (10M)
Part 3. Functional Grammar 15Q (15M)
Part 4. Reading Comprehension (3 Passages) 15Q (15M)
TS ICET 2018 Test Centers
The TS ICET 2018 examination shall be held at the following Regional Test Centers in Telangana State –
- Ranga Reddy
TS ICET 2018 Application Form
TSCHE invites the application every year through public notice in the month of Feb. The application process begins around the month of March. The notice contains the details regarding the application process beginning date, last date application submission, last date submission with the late fee and exam date of the entrance exam. The notice also contains the eligibility criteria a student should be aware of before applying. We have already discussed the eligibility criteria above in detail. It is highly suggested that candidates go through it again so, there are no mistakes while filling the application.
The application form is an online process. First of all, go through the enclosed link of icet.tsche.ac.in. Click on the Apply Online in Home Page. Make the payment via the mentioned mode (with late fee if applicable).
The candidate shall have to pay the following amount for the TS ICET 2018 Application Form. The application fee shall be payable by AP, TS e-seva/ Online mode via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net banking.
|Category||Application Fee charges|
|For other Categories||Rs. 650|
TS ICET 2018 Hall Ticket
Telangana State Council for Higher Education allows the candidate to download the admit card in the mentioned dates given in the official notification. The admit card can be downloaded by providing the registration number one received during the application process. Candidates are suggested to keep visiting the website to find out the latest details regarding the admit card and other necessary details. Candidates caan download the TSICET 2018 ADMIT CARD from the official website icet.tsche.ac.in. Candidates are suggested to go through the complete details mentioned in the admit card before taking the print out.
TS ICET 2018 Answer Key
After the completion of the entrance exam on the scheduled date, the TSCHE releases the preliminary Answer key. Candidates can match the answer keys with their mentioned answers. If there is any discrepancy Candidates will get the time to challenge the answer key. The council will release the final answer key within one week after the preliminary answer key.
TS ICET 2018 Result
The result for TS ICET 2018 will be declared on the official website only icet.tsche.ac.in. Candidates are required to login into the mentioned portal with the necessary details such as Hall Ticket Number, Application Number, Date of Birth and download the scorecard.Take a print out of the scorecard as it will be required at the time of counselling.
For complete details of TS ICET – Download 2017’s Official Notification.
Insofar, Only schedule of TS ICET 2018 has been announced. Rest all details of TS ICET have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as TSCHE releases TS ICET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.