VITEEE Counselling 2018 will be started from May 09, 2018. It is begin held in single window mode and candidates will be called as per the rank secured by them in VITEEE 2018. For the phase I of VITEEE 2018 counselling top 20000 rank holders will be called. The seat allocation in VIT counselling will be on the basis of AIR. Each candidate will be able to attend counselling once. The university will send the VIT counselling call letter/admit card to the candidates soon. Check more details about VITEEE Counselling process from this page.
VITEEE Counselling 2018
The counselling is that stage of admission process in which seats are allocated to the candidates. The allocation of seat is done on the basis of All Indian Rank of the candidates.
Important Dates for VITEEE Counselling 2018 Phase I and II
The dates for the counselling Phase I.
|Rank 1 to 8000||09 May 2018|
|Rank 8001 to 14000||10 May 2018|
|Rank 14001 to 20000||11 May 2018|
Document submission at the time of Counselling
- (i) Document submission at the time of Counselling
The candidate should produce the following documents in original along with two-set of photocopies whilereporting for counselling: 1. VITEEE-2018 e-Admit card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
2. Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof certificate
3. Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (if available) / XII Hall ticket (For result awaiting candidates)
4. Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
5. Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura)
6. Demand Draft for Rs. 50000/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore.
7. For Hostel requirement, Demand Draft for Rs. 21,200/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore
8. Copy of Aadhar Card
Candidates without the DD for the above said amount will not be permitted to attend counselling
- (ii) Document submission at the time of AdmissionThe following documents in original are required to be submitted at the time of Admissions:
1. Provisional Admission letter (photocopy)
2. VITEEE-2018 e-Admit card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
3. Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof certificate
4. Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
5. Transfer Certificate / School leaving Certificate
6. Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
7. Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
8. Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura)
9. Student Profile (if not submitted at the time of counselling)
10. Recent passport size colour photos – 4 Nos.
11. Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent and Hostel on a Rs. 20/- Non-judicial stamp paper. (Format available on VIT website)
12. Certificate of Physical Fitness (Format available of VIT website)
13. 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents (Except Affidavits / Physical Fitness Certificate / Student Profile)
Counselling procedure for allocation of seats / branch:
- The counselling for allocation of branches to the short-listed candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the VITEEE- 2018.
- Common selection and Admission procedure will be followed through single window counselling in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal(MP) / Amaravathi(AP) for all the B.Tech programmes.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted for counselling can attend in any one of the places viz., Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal (MP) and Amaravathi (AP).
- To take care of possible absentees, the number of qualified candidates is kept more than the number of seats available in VIT.
- The fact that a candidate has qualified in the VITEEE-2018 and has been called for the counselling does not guarantee admission to him / her. This depends upon the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR) in the entrance examination and the availability of seats.
- Details of the various branches offered under the B.Tech programme in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre to enable the candidates to make their choice.
- Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch.
- VIT is in no way responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching the candidates. They should check the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in for information about counselling.
- No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit.
- However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent date / time, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that point of time and cannot claim any other branch as per his/her original turn / seniority.
- After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats (branchwise) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published on the website
- If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat and produce the XII hall ticket.Advance Payment:
- The selected candidates will have to submit the DD for Rs.50,000 /- in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore, on confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted.This includes Rs.10,000/- (plus 18% GST i.e., Rs.11,800/-) towards counselling and processing fee. The Counselling and processing fee is NON-REFUNDABLE , but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. Allotment of branch & Campus once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP) is:
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|For Not Eligible Candidate Either fail or less than 60% in PCM / PCB||The entire academic fee after deducting Rs.1,180 /- (including GST) may be refunded.|
|For withdraw request * received before the commencement of the programme (Orientation / Class whichever is earlier)||The entire academic fee after deducting the counselling processing fee of Rs.11,800 /- (including GST) may be refunded.|
|For withdraw request * received within 25 days from the commencement of the programme (Orientation / Class whichever is earlier).||The entire academic fee after deducting 10% (plus 18% GST) may be refunded.|
|For withdraw request * received after 25 days and within 40 days from the commencement of the programme (Orientation / Class whichever is earlier).||The entire academic fee after deducting 20% (plus 18% GST) may be refunded.|
|For withdraw request * received after 40 days from the commencement of the programme (Orientation / Class whichever is earlier).||No refund of any academic fees except Caution Deposit.|
|Refund will be made only after the candidate has surrendered the ID card, original fee receipt and the due clearance certificate.|
|* [ includes any kind of leave/absence to the class ]|