XISS Admissions 2019 – Xavier Institute of Social Service – XISS has issued notification for admission for the two years full-time post-graduate diploma programmes approved by AICTE, New Delhi for the academic year 2019 – 2020. Details of XISS Admissions 2019 application form, eligibility criteria, seats and selection process are given on this page to make it convenient for candidates who are interested in XISS Admissions 2019.
XISS Admissions 2019
Interested and eligible candidates who want to take admission to XISS Admissions 2019 have to fill an application form. For admission, candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria which is mention below.
Schedule for XISS Admissions 2019 – Xavier Institute of Social Service is given below.
|Online registrations Open from||05 Oct 2018|
|Last date for Application||25 Feb 2019|
|Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018||25 Nov 2018|
|Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2019||06 Jan 2019|
|CMAT 2019||28 Jan 2019|
Dates and Address of GD & PI
|Mumbai||St. Xavier’s College, 5,
Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai – 400001
36, Lalbagh Main Road, Langford Gardens,
Bangalore – 560027, Karnataka
16, Pandit Pant Marg, Sansad Marg Area
Beside BJP Pradesh Office (Near Gol Dak Khana)
New Delhi – 110001
|Kolkata||St. Xavier’s College
30, Mother Teresa Sarani
Opp. Park Street Police Station
Kolkata – 700016, West Bengal
|Ranchi||Xavier Institute of Social Service
Dr. Camil Bulcke Path
Post Box – 7
Ranchi – 834001, Jharkhand
The candidates will have to apply separately at XISS, Ranchi. The institute will accept only online registrations. The process of filling up forms for seeking admission at XISS will remain open from October 05, 2018 to February 25, 2019. For online registrations, the Registration Fee can be paid through online transactions using Credit / Debit / ATM cards / Online Banking. The fee can also be paid by Bank Draft drawn in favour of Xavier Institute of Social Service’, payable at Ranchi.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for XISS Aptitude Test 2019.
The registration fee varies according to the number of specializations applied for –
|One specialization||Rs. 2000|
|Two specializations||Rs. 2500|
Service Charges and Taxes extra as applicable on making online payments/demand draft.
Course and Seats Details
Two years Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management approved by AICTE, New Delhi with specialization in –
- Human Resource Management: 75 Seats
- Rural Management: 75 Seats
- Information Technology: 60 Seats
- Finance: 60 Seats
- Marketing: 60 Seats
Note: Out of the above fifty per cent seats are reserved for SC/ST and Christian candidates.
XISS offers – Two years Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management approved by AICTE, New Delhi in the following Disciplines:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Human Resource Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Information Technology)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Finance)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Marketing)
- Minimum qualification for admission to the PGDM program at the Institute is three / four years bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST) in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities. However, preference will be given to Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Management and Computer Science graduates and candidates with relevant work experience.
- Candidates appearing for final year or final semester of their graduate degree examination in the academic year 2019-20 are also eligible to appear for the admission process. Such candidates, if called for the interview, should submit the copy of admit card or a letter from the principal of the college where they are studying to that effect. Such candidates if finally selected at XISS, Ranchi must clear their graduation examination with 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST) by August 2019.
Admission and Selection Criteria
The admission process is followed by the Institute as per the guidelines of AICTE. These stages are –
- All India Management Admission Test
- Group Discussion
- Assessment of Writing Skills
- Personal Interview
A candidate desirous of seeking admission in Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi will have to appear in an all India level management admission test. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2019) conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur (exam date: 6th January 2019), Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) conducted by IIM Lucknow,(exam date: 25th November 2018) and (CMAT 2019) conducted by AICTE, New Delhi are the only approved examinations through which a candidate can apply to XISS Ranchi.
Based on above all India entrance test scores, candidates who have applied for admission to the institute will be shortlisted and will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview to be held at Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Ranchi in the month of March 2019.
Weightage for Admission
|Entrance Test Score||40%|
|Past Academic Record||20%|
|Writing Assessment Test||5%|
The Institute uses CAT / XAT / CMAT Score for short-listing/selecting the candidates for our Post-graduate Programme(s) in Management. IIMs / XLIRI / AICTE have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Cutoff Marks (In Percentile) Details
|General Category||Reserve Category||General Category||Reserve Category||General Category||Reserve Category|
|PGDM (Human Resource Management)||60||40||60||40||65||45|
|PGDM (Rural Management)||40||25||40||25||45||30|
|PGDM (Information Technology)||40||25||40||25||45||30|
(Information in the table is based upon Last year)
XISS Contact Details
Xavier Institute of Social Service
Dr. Camil Bulcke Path (Purulia Road),
Ranchi – 834001, Jharkhand
Mobile: +91 993 140 1500; +91 933 443 5485
E-mail : [email protected]
For more information regarding the admission for XISS 2019 session, a candidate may download the Prospectus