BITSAT 2016 is the BITS Pilani Admission Test. Get here complete details of BITSAT 2016 application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card.
BITSAT 2016 will be held from 14 to 28 May, 2016. Birla Institute of Technology and Science is conducting the BITS Admission Test (BITSAT 2016) as computer based test in more than 50 cities as entrance exam for integrated first degree programmes admission in BITS Pilani campuses.
BITSAT 2016 Application Form has been issued online. Eligible candidates can apply before last date and pay the requisite fees (Rs 2200 or Rs 1700 for female candidates).
Latest Update – Students can check their BITSAT 2016 Score Report now. Check here
|Last date to apply for BITSAT 2016||08 Mar 2016|
|Edit details in the application form during these dates||7 to 8 Mar 2016|
|Announcement of allotment of test centers to candidates is to be done on||10 Mar 2016|
|Slot booking / reservation of test dates will be carried out for BITSAT 2016||21 Mar to 10 Apr 2016|
|Download BITSAT 2016 Admit Card||06 to 30 Apr 2016|
|BITSAT exam dates||14 to 28 May 2016|
|Candidates can apply for admission with class 12 marks and indicate degree programmes preferences||20 May to 30 Jun 2016|
|Announcement of admit list and wait list||1 Jul 2016|
Note:- BITS Pilani has receiving requests from some candidates for change in BITSAT exam dates/ slots/ centres due to clash with other exams etc. The exam for such case will be conducted on 26 May 2016 at few selected centres. The details of the same will be announced by 13 May 2016 on the website.
Information Brochure – Click Here to view / download BITSAT 2016 Information Brochure.
Books recommended for BITSAT
|Self study guide for online BITSAT||Buy Online|
|Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test with Past Solved Papers and Mock Tests||Buy Online|
|Magical Graphs and Key Revision Notes for Mathematics Class 11, 12||Buy Online|
|38 Years Topic-wise Solved Paper Physics||Buy Online|
|38 Years Topic-wise Solved Paper Chemistry||Buy Online|
|38 Years Topic-wise Solved Paper Mathematics||Buy Online|
|BITSAT learning||Buy Online|
All programmes except B.Pharm
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 exam from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and proficiency in English.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 exam from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics and proficiency in English.
For all programmes, the following conditions need to be satisfied in order for the candidate to be eligible for BITSAT 2016.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 75% in aggregate of PCM / PCB with at least 60% in each subject Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology.
- Applicant should have either passed 12th class exams in 2015 or is going to appear in 2016.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
Students who have secured first rank in central or state board in India for the year 2016 can get direct admission in BITS Pilani campuses, in course of their choice. Their admission will be irrespective of the scores or rank obtained in BITSAT 2016. They must however fulfill other eligibility conditions.
BITSAT 2016 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2016 is a computer based test. The test is designed to test student’s aptitude in subjects which would decide his / her merit for engineering admissions, pharmacy admissions, M.Sc admissions. The detailed exam pattern of BITSAT 2016 is given below.
|Part I – Physics||40|
|Part II – Chemistry||40|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV – Mathematics / Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
- Duration of exam is three (3) hours.
- All the questions will be objective multiple choice questions with four options each. Only one answer will be correct.
- Marks scored for correct answer would be +3. Incorrect answer will fetch negative marking, of -1 mark.
- There is no separate time limit for individual sections. Student can navigate through all the questions at any time within the duration of exam.
BITSAT Preparation 2016
A large number of students appearing in engineering entrance exams take the BITSAT exam. Last year’s statistics was as follows.
|Students registered for BITSAT (2015)||1,94,000 +|
|Number of seats||2,250|
If you have decided to pursue engineering in Under Graduation, scoring high in BITSAT for BITS Pilani Admission 2016-2017 might already be one of your goals. Here are some points to keep in mind while preparing.
- The general syllabus is similar to that for other engineering entrance exams like the JEE. You do not have to specifically prepare topics for the BITSAT exam.
- However, it is wise to go through the syllabus of BITSAT 2016 and make sure that you have covered all the topics.
- There is negative marking in the entrance exam. One (1) mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. Remember this during the exam and avoid answering questions you are less than 50% sure of.
- Extra questions are displayed for candidates who have answered all 150 questions and time is left. You can attempt maximum of twelve (12) extra questions.
- BITSAT is the only exam where extra questions are displayed.
Get an idea of minimum marks required to be scored in the exam. Last year’s cut offs are given here for that purpose. This year cut off will vary depending upon level of difficulty of exam, average performance of test takers, number of seats.
|BE (Hons)||Cut Off BITS Pilani||Cut Off BITS Goa||Cut Off BITS Hyderabad|
|Electronics and Instrumentation||340||311||311|
|Electrical and Electronics||362||327||318|
BITSAT Application Form
Has been released on January 8, 2016. BITSAT 2016 Application Form filling has commenced and candidates can apply after determining eligibility.
BITSAT 2016 Application Form – How to apply, when to apply?
The following major points regarding BITSAT Application Form 2016 should be noted.
- Read the information brochure and note the following points – Are you eligible for BITSAT 2016? What mode of fee payment will you opt for while filling the BITSAT Application Form? Do you have all the documents you need to refer to while filling up the form?
- Keeping the important documents handy, proceed to fill up the BITSAT 2016 Application Form on the official website bitsadmission.com.
- After entering all the details correctly, uploading documents, check that everything mentioned in the form is verifiable.
- Pay requisite application fees and submit the form before last date specified in the important dates table.