Computer based online tests for admission to BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Get here the complete details of BITSAT 2015 including dates, eligibility, application form, admit card, syllabus, results. BITS Admissions are solely on the basis of BITSAT exam held annually for this purpose. Candidates who have qualified in their 10+2 examination may appear in the BITSAT 2015 exam for BITS Admissions session 2015-2016.
Courses Offered: BE (Engineering), B.Pharm, M.Sc. (Honors).
BITSAT 2015 Exam Date: Second week of May to First week of June.
About the exam
- The test is of 3 hours duration.
- 40 questions are asked from Physics, 40 from Chemistry. There are 15 questions of English Proficiency and 10 of Logical Reasoning. 45 questions are from Mathematics. In case of B.Pharm students, instead of Mathematics, Biology questions are asked.
- If candidate answers all 150 questions, he / she can opt for 12 extra questions. Once the student opts for these extra questions, they cannot go back to correct / revise previous questions.
- +3 marks are awarded for correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for incorrect answer.
BITSAT 2015 Quick Links
- Important Dates
- BITSAT Eligibility
- Online Application Form
- Check Application Status
- Admit Card
- Information Brochure
- Slot Booking
- Check Which Exam Center is Allotted to you
- Test Centers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- BITSAT Exam Pattern
- Sample Test
- BITSAT Cut Offs
- Sample Paper
- Practice Paper
- Previous Year Question Papers
- BITSAT Rank Predictor
- Score Report and Merit List
- Direct admission of Board Toppers (First Rank Students)
- Application Form for Admission to Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad Campus
It is important that the candidate determines his/her eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates who fulfill the following BITSAT 2015 Eligibility criteria must apply.
- Appeared in 2014 / Will be appearing in 2015 for class 12th or equivalent exam.
- Has studied PCM (for BE) / PCB (for B.Pharm) in class 11th and 12th or equivalent.
- Secured 75% in aggregate of PCM / PCB and 60% each in individual subjects.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
- The BITSAT 2015 will be held in the online (CBT) mode only.
- The paper has four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology and English.
- There are total 150 questions of 3 marks each.
- There is negative marking of 1 mark.
- The duration of exam is 3 hours.
BITSAT – Courses offered at BITS Pilani campuses.
|BITS Pilani||BITS Pilani Goa Campus||BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus|
|BE (Hons)||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.||Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.|
|B.Pharm||B.Pharm (Hons)||-||B.Pharm (Hons)|
|M.Sc (Hons)||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry; Economics, Mathematics, Physics|
|M.Sc (Tech)||General Studies.||-||-|
Note: All students admitted to M.Sc.(Hons.) programmes are given an option to work for a second degree for one of the B.E. (Hons.)/B.Pharm.(Hons.) programmes under the dual degree scheme, assignment being made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of first year, separately in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. Under this scheme, a student normally requires five years to complete both the degrees and is awarded both the degrees, namely M.Sc.(Hons.) and B.E.(Hons.)/B.Pharm.(Hons.).