The BITSAT 2014 is being conducted by BITS Pilani for first year admissions to the Birla Institute of Technology and Science campuses at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. The exam is held in the online mode as computer based test (CBT). For BITS Pilani admission 2014, candidate needs to apply for BITSAT 2014, appear and qualify in the exam and then attend the counselling to be allotted a seat. The details of the exam and updates regarding the same are given here.
Courses Offered: BE (Engineering), B.Pharm, M.Sc. (Honors).
BITSAT 2014 Exam Date: 14 May – 1 June, 2014.
BITSAT 2014 Quick Links
- Important Dates
- Online Application Form
- Check Application Status
- Admit Card
- Information Brochure
- Slot Booking NEW
- Check Which Exam Center is Allotted to you NEW
It is important that the candidate determines his/her eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates who fulfill the following BITSAT 2014 Eligibility criteria must apply.
- Appeared in 2013 / Will be appearing in 2014 for class 12th or equivalent exam.
- Has studied PCM (for BE) / PCB (for B.Pharm) in class 11th and 12th or equivalent.
- Secured 75% in aggregate of PCM / PCB and 60% each in individual subjects.
- The BITSAT 2014 will be held in the online (CBT) mode only.
- The paper has four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology and English.
- There are total 150 questions of 3 marks each.
- There is negative marking of 1 mark.
- The duration of exam is 3 hours.
Integrated First Degree Programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT-2014:
BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
- B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing .
- M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
- M.Sc.(Tech.): General Studies.
BITS, Pilani – Goa Campus:
- B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus :
- B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
- M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry; Economics, Mathematics, Physics
Note: All students admitted to M.Sc.(Hons.) programmes are given an option to work for a second degree for one of the B.E. (Hons.)/B.Pharm.(Hons.) programmes under the dual degree scheme, assignment being made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of first year, separately in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. Under this scheme, a student normally requires five years to complete both the degrees and is awarded both the degrees, namely M.Sc.(Hons.) and B.E.(Hons.)/B.Pharm.(Hons.)
If you have any queries or difficulties related to the online application for BITSAT 2014 you can connect to the concern person; details given below.
BITS, Pilani – 333 031 (Rajasthan) India.
- The tests are generated from a large question bank and different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- The test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with computers, keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the Institute cannot take responsibility for the same.
- The Institute is planning to operate test centers in different cities other than Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS as previously stated. The final list of centers and actual days of operation will be announced to candidates through the BITS website www.bitsadmission.com . The Institute cannot guarantee that test centers will be set up in all these cities. Further, the Institute reserves the right to cancel any test center if such a situation arises. In such cases, those candidates allotted to these centers will be accommodated in alternate test centers including Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS.
- While BITSAT-2014 tests are scheduled to be held during the period 14th May – 1st June 2014, some of the test centers may operate only for a limited duration during this period depending on the number of applications received. The final list of the centers will be announced at BITS website after all the applications are received.
- The preferences that you give are only indicative and are to guide the Institute for deciding the number of centers. The Institute cannot guarantee that you will get your first preference. Further, if the Institute is unable to allot any center of your choice, you will be allotted a center either at Pilani or at Goa or at Hyderabad campuses of BITS. The exact center where you will be appearing for the test will be announced at BITS website www.bitsadmission.com . However, the Institute will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at their first preference of test centers.
- Candidates who are allotted test centers in Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS may be given accommodation on nominal charges in hostels.
- The candidate must fully obey the rules of the test centers; otherwise he/she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT-2014, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS as per the ‘Procedure for applying for Admission’ outlined earlier. The prescribed application form for admission will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May 2014, for those who appear in BITSAT-2014. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach the Admissions Office on or before 5.00 PM on 30th June 2014.
- All information and communications regarding BITSAT-2014 and Admission to BITS are made available to the registered candidates on the BITS website www.bitsadmission.com. Candidates are advised to view the BITS website regularly for all related information on BITSAT and BITS Admissions.
- In all matters in the conduct of BITSAT-2014, the decision of the Vice Chancellor of BITS will be final
- All disputes pertaining to BITSAT-2014 shall fall within the jurisdiction of Pilani only.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|bitsat 2014||bitsat||bitsat 2014 slot booking||bits pilani 2014||slot booking for bitsat 2014|