BITSAT 2015 is the computer based online tests for admission to BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. This engineering entrance exam is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science. Know here complete details of BITSAT 2015 such as dates, eligibility, application form, admit card, syllabus and results. BITSAT 2015 is considered to be highly competitive considering the large number of test takers against the few seats offered by BITS. BITS Admissions are solely on the basis of BITSAT exam held annually for this purpose. Candidates who have qualified in their 10+2 examination may appear in the BITSAT 2015 exam for BITS Admissions session 2015-2016.
BITSAT 2015 Complete Information
Courses Offered: BE (Engineering), B.Pharm, M.Sc. (Honors).
BITSAT 2015 Exam Date: Second week of May to First week of June. Exact dates have not yet been announced.
About the exam
- The test is of 3 hours duration.
- 40 questions are asked from Physics, 40 from Chemistry. There are 15 questions of English Proficiency and 10 of Logical Reasoning. 45 questions are from Mathematics. In case of B.Pharm students, instead of Mathematics, Biology questions are asked.
- If candidate answers all 150 questions, he / she can opt for 12 extra questions. Once the student opts for these extra questions, they cannot go back to correct / revise previous questions.
- +3 marks are awarded for correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for incorrect answer.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science has published statistics for BITSAT exam held last year. The BITSAT cut offs below indicate the last BITSAT score for which admission was done in BITS Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
- Lowest cut-off for admission to any program other than B. Pharm. (Hons.) is 284.
- Cut-off for waiting list to any program other than B. Pharm. (Hons.) is 272.
How To Prepare for BITSAT 2015?
BITSAT 2015 Application Form
To apply for the exam, candidates must submit the BITSAT online application form 2015 at www.bitsadmission.com. In the form, you need to personal details that will be required at the time of admission such as name, date of birth, educational background, and communication information. Also, you will be required to give programme preferences. Have a look at the list of programmes offered at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science campuses and keep your preference list ready.
Application form of BITSAT 2015 is expected to be available around December 2014 first week. Candidates will get a period of around two months to complete the form submission process. Last date to apply for BITS admission test should be around the second or third week of February 2015.
Official notification of BITSAT 2015 will be published shortly. Details given here are as per past year details of BITS Admission Test. Candidates can check here to the syllabus, pattern and other information for reference. This page is being updated regularly. As soon as the BITSAT 2015 information is available, published officially, it will be updated here.
BITSAT 2015 Quick Links
- Sample Test
- BITSAT Cut Offs
- Sample Paper
- Practice Paper
- Previous Year Question Papers
- BITSAT Rank Predictor
It is important that the candidate determines his/her eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates who fulfill the following BITSAT 2015 Eligibility criteria must apply.
- Appeared in 2014 / Will be appearing in 2015 for class 12th or equivalent exam.
- Has studied PCM (for BE) / PCB (for B.Pharm) in class 11th and 12th or equivalent.
- Secured 75% in aggregate of PCM / PCB and 60% each in individual subjects.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
- The BITSAT 2015 will be held in the online (CBT) mode only.
- The paper has four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology and English.
- There are total 150 questions of 3 marks each.
- There is negative marking of 1 mark.
- The duration of exam is 3 hours.
BITSAT – Courses offered at BITS Pilani campuses.
|BITS Pilani||BITS Pilani Goa Campus||BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus|
|BE (Hons)||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.||Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.|
|B.Pharm||B.Pharm (Hons)||-||B.Pharm (Hons)|
|M.Sc (Hons)||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry; Economics, Mathematics, Physics|
|M.Sc (Tech)||General Studies.||-||-|
Note: All students admitted to M.Sc.(Hons.) programmes are given an option to work for a second degree for one of the B.E. (Hons.)/B.Pharm.(Hons.) programmes under the dual degree scheme, assignment being made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of first year, separately in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. Under this scheme, a student normally requires five years to complete both the degrees and is awarded both the degrees, namely M.Sc.(Hons.) and B.E.(Hons.)/B.Pharm.(Hons.).
If you have any doubts or queries regarding BITSAT, please ask in the comments below.