BITSAT 2016 is the BITS Admission Test. The Birla Institute of Technology and Science is expected to release BITSAT 2016 notification in December after which candidates can submit the BITSAT 2016 application form. Get complete details of BITSAT 2016 such as dates, application form (bitsadmission.com), syllabus, admit card, result. Applicants can book test slot and download BITSAT 2016 admit card / hall ticket. Computer based test BITSAT 2016 is conducted for BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad campuses admissions to first degree programmes BE, B.Pharm, M.Sc. BITSAT cutoff varied between 311 (for BE Manufacturing) and 375 (for BE Computer Science) in 2014.
|Programme||Cut Off 2015|
|Any program other than B. Pharm. (Hons.)||292|
|B. Pharm. (Hons.)||201|
BITS Pilani will release the notification for BITSAT 2016 around December. In the meantime, candidates who are looking for information about the upcoming BITSAT such as exam dates, eligibility, application form submission, can get some idea about those topics here. Given below is information from last year’s brochure for reference purpose to help you familiarize with the exam.
|Important event related to BITSAT||BITSAT 2015 dates||BITSAT 2016 dates|
|Availability of BITSAT application form||17 December, 2014||Expected in December 2015, third week.|
|Last date to apply||20 February 2015||Expected in February 2016, third week.|
|Allotment of test centers||25 February 2015||Expected in February 2016, last week.|
|BITSAT slot booking commences||1 March 2015||Expected in March 2016, first week.|
|Last date for slot booking||21 March 2015||Expected in March 2016, third week.|
|Download BITSAT admit card||15 April 2015||Expected in April 2016, third week.|
|Exam dates||14 May to 29 May 2015||Expected in May 2016.|
|Declaration of BITSAT results||1 July 2015||Expected in July 2016.|
BITSAT 2016 Application Form
Get here complete details of BITSAT 2016 Application Form such as last date for submission of form, application fees, procedure to register and so on.
- Application form of BITSAT 2016 will be released a few days after the notification has been published by BITS Pilani.
- A window of around two months is given by BITS Pilani for BITSAT application form at bitsadmission.com. Eligible candidates should register, enter details in the form, and pay fees.
- Last year the application fee was Rs 2090 for male candidates, and Rs 1090 for female candidates.
- Once the notification is published, candidates can see that to apply for the exam, they must submit the BITSAT online application form 2016 at www.bitsadmission.com. In the form, one needs to fill personal details that will be required at the time of admission such as name, date of birth, educational background, and communication information. Also, candidated must mention programme preferences. Have a look at the list of programmes offered at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science campuses and keep your preference list ready.
BITSAT applicants must ensure that they satisfy the educational qualification, year of appearing in class 12 exam, and other such eligibility criteria, before applying for the BITSAT 2016. Eligibility criteria of BITSAT (given last year) is explained below.
For admission to all the Integrated First Degree Programmes except B.Pharm.(Hons.) – Candidate should have passed class 12 examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
For admission to B.Pharm.(Hons.) – Candidate should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
Minimum marks that the candidate should have obtained is – Aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th class examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
Year of appearing in class 12 examination
- Students who were appearing for class 12 examination in 2015 or who had passed 12th Examination in 2014 only were eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2015 test.
- Students who had passed 12th examination in 2013 or earlier were NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2015. Students who were studying in BITS at any of its campuses were not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2015.
- BITSAT 2016 eligibility – Going by last year’s eligibility, the following can be expected to be BITSAT 2016 eligibility: Candidate who is appearing for class 12 exam in 2016 or passed class 12th in 2015 can apper for BITSAT 2016. Those who passed in 2014 or earlier cannot apply.
The Institute considers only the latest performance through a public examination for admission. If the results of the latest examination are not available within the due date for submission of application, the candidate will not be considered even if there are some earlier performances of 12th class or its equivalent or any higher examination available with him/her. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. Continuing this tradition, the Institute is expected to give direct admission to first rank students of all the central and state boards to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2016 score.
- The first rank student in PCM stream was considered for admission to any of the first degree programmes of his/her choice.
- The first rank holder of PCB stream was considered for admission to B. Pharm. (Hons.) programme only.
- Moreover, they should have had obtained the minimum marks in PCM/PCB SUBJECTS in 12th class examination, as described above.
Changes if any to the scheme of BITSAT Direct Admission To Board Toppers, will be known in Dec 2015.
For more details, see the later sections in this part and also the BITS website.
Eligibility criteria for admission under Direct admission to Board toppers scheme
To be eligible for admission under the ‘Direct admission to Board toppers’ scheme, the candidate should be the topper from the science stream having taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th. To identify the topper, the following criteria will be adopted.
BITSAT 2016 Exam Pattern – About the Question paper, marking scheme
BITSAT 2016 exam pattern will be indicative of the exam duration, number of questions to be asked, and marking scheme. As soon as the official brochure of BITSAT 2016 is released, exact nature of BITSAT 2016 will be known. In the meantime, please go through last year’s BITSAT exam pattern given below.
- The questions are selected at random from a large question bank.
- Different candidates get different question sets. An expert committee ensures that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- Language of question paper – All the questions and instructions of the test are in English only.
- Duration of exam – Students take the CBT for a total duration of 3 hours (180 minutes).
- There arefour parts of the paper with Physics in Part I, Chemistry in Part II, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning in Part III and Mathematics/Biology in the Part IV.
|Part III (a)||English Proficiency||15|
|Part III (b)||Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
Extra Questions in BITSAT 2016
Every year there is a set of extra questions in the BITSAT exam. It is expected that BITSAT 2016 will also have these extra questions. However if this is removed, it will be known when information brochure is published. In the meantime, please go through last year’s BITSAT exam pattern given below.
- Candidates can also opt to do 12 extra questions having done with the 150 questions before the stipulated time frame.
- Students must remember that once opted to do extra 12 questions, they can not go to previous questions for any sort of revision or correction.
- For every right answer, candidates secure 3 marks
- For every wrong answer, candidates lose 1 mark.
- There is no provision of deducting marks for not attempting any question.
BITSAT 2016 Information Brochure
As soon as the information brochure of BITSAT 2016 is released, it will be updated here. In the meantime, please go through last year’s BITSAT exam pattern given below.
Refer to the BITSAT 2015 Information Brochure for complete details of BITSAT exam. Please read BITSAT 2015 Information Brochure carefully before applying online.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding BITSAT, please ask in the comments below.