Army College of Nursing has released notification regarding the admission in B.Sc Nursing course. The Army College of Nursing conducts four years Bachelor of Science in Nursing course including 6 months of internship as per Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi guidelines. This institute also offers two years M Sc Nursing course leading to the award of a Master of Science in Nursing degree by Srimanta Sankardeva University of Health Sciences, Assam. It is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Assam Nurses Midwife’s and Health Visitors’ Council, Guwahati, Assam. The admission will be taken on the basis on entrance exam in the above given courses. Candidates who are searching for Nursing colleges in Guwahati can fill the application form which is available at the official website. Candidates can get complete details on Army College of Nursing Guwahati Admission 2018 from this page.
Army College of Nursing Guwahati Admission 2018
Interested candidates have to fill the application form to appear in the examination held for getting admission in B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing courses. Candidates who fill the application form on time will only be able to download their admit card. Candidates without admit card will not be admitted in the examination hall. Candidates who will qualify the entrance test will on;y be eligible for the admission.
|Events||B.Sc Nursing||M.Sc Nursing|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms without late fee||31 Mar 2018||30 Jun 2018|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms with late fee of Rs 100/-||10 Apr 2018||10 Jul 2018|
|Issue of Admit Cards to the candidates||01 May 2018||–|
|Date of Written Admission Test (WAT)||03 Jun 2018||29 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of Results||30 Jun 2018||Last week of Aug 2018|
|Counseling & Admission of Selected Candidates at AIN Guwahati||3rd/last week of Sep 2018||3rd/last week of Sep 2018|
The Admit Card for WAT has been send to the candidates by e-mail (candidates should write valid e-mail id in application form) and Registered Post at the address given by them on the envelope provided with the application form. Candidate should affix postage stamps (Rs 41.00) on the envelope of Admit Card and write their address clearly. All candidates should normally receive the Admit Card on the scheduled date. If any candidate fails to receive the Admit Card by the above date, he/she should inquire on the telephone from the office of Principal/Registrar AIN Guwahati by giving the Application No, full name, address and place of examination as mentioned in the Application Form. Telephone No of AIN, Guwahati is: 0361-2307101, 94015-49593. All admit cards for Written Admission Test are Provisional and do not by any means confirm the eligibility of the candidate for admission to AIN.
Note: Candidates who applied for AIN & ACN, their Admit Card will be forwarded by ACN, Jalandhar. Candidates are requested to forward their correct e-mail address to AIN ([email protected]) if they don’t receive Admit Card by E-mail.
Application form for Army College of Nursing, Guwahati to get admission in B.Sc Nursing and M. Sc Nursing courses has been released. Candidates can download the application from from the official website. Candidates have to fill the offline application form by himself. Application form must be filled and send duly attach with all the required documents and application fee. Candidates must ensure his / her eligibility before filling the application form. Application form must be reached on or before its last date. Otherwise request of submission of application form will not be entertained by the authority.
Download Application Form: Click Here to M.Sc Nursing Application Form.
Application form must be send to ARMY INSTITUTE OF NURSING, GUWAHATI on the following address:
To, Principal Army Institute of Nursing, Guwahati, Basistha Temple Road, Basistha, Guwahati, Assam, PIN-781029 Phone: 0361-2307101, 94015-49593
Application Form fee
- For B.Sc Nursing : Rs 450/- (By Hand through DD), Rs 500/- (By Registered Post through DD).
- For M.Sc Nursing : Rs 600/- (Through DD in favour of ‘Army Institute of Nursing, Guwahati, payable at Guwahati). Cash / Money Order / Cheque / Postal Order will not be accepted.
For B.Sc Nursing
No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the nursing curriculum of the Bachelor of Nursing (BSc Nursing) course until she has passed the qualifying examination as a regular candidate in the first attempt (Those who have repeated the XII Std/ have given supplementary examination in any subject and students who have passed XII as private students or from open board are not eligible). Details are as under:-
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. OR
- The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University / Board or the recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- The pre-professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the Pre University or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/premedical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- The first year of the three years degree course of recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a “University Examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
- BSc examination of an Indian University, provided that she has passed the BSc examination with not less than two of the following subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and further that she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the subjects Physics , Chemistry , Biology and English. OR
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination in the first attempt with a minimum of 50% marks each in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Candidates who have appeared in the 12th Class or equivalent examination are also provisionally eligible to apply and appear in the Entrance Examination
The candidate should not be less than 17 years and not more than 22 years as on 31 December 2018. The date of birth recorded in Secondary Education Board (Class X Certificate) only will be taken as authentic. Upper age limit is extendable to not more than 25 years of age as on 31 Dec 2018 for candidate holding B Sc degree with at least two subjects out of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology and has passed the remaining subjects in the intermediate or equivalent examination
For M.Sc Nursing
The candidates should fulfill the following minimum conditions to become eligible for admission to M.Sc. Nursing course:
- The admission is exclusively open for the female wards/wives of serving and retired Army personnel including widows of such personnel.
- Civilian female married/unmarried students who are domicile of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura (Submission of Domicile Certificate from Deputy Commissioner (DC) of concerned district and Affidavit is mandatory for admission).
- The candidate should have passed B.Sc. Nursing/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in the first attempt with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from an institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
- The candidate should have minimum one year work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing prior to joining the course.
- Candidate with PB BSc Nursing programme from IGNOU centers not recognized by Indian Nursing Council and those from any other university through distance education are not eligible.
The entrance test for AIN Guwahati will be held as Written Admission Test (WAT) and will be conducted by HQ AWES, New Delhi. The paper will be of 2 hours duration. Students will apply directly to AIN, Guwahati in the Application Form provided with this prospectus. Admit cards will be issued to students directly by AIN, Guwahati. The test paper will consist of 120 objective type (multiple choice) questions. All answers shall be indicated on a single Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet using HB pencil to darken the circle pertaining to the most appropriate answer.
he evaluation of the OMR answer sheets will be done through optical scanners and computers. Each correct answer will fetch one mark whereas incorrect answers, multiple answers or doubtful answers will lead to a deduction of 0.25 marks. Since the entire process of evaluation is computerized, candidates are advised to be very careful in marking their answers on the OMR sheet.
Admission of candidates will be based on an entrance examination conducted at the following centers – Delhi (Code No–01) and Guwahati (Code No-02). Entrance Test will be conducted in English language only. The type of questions shall be of multiple choices.
- Total questions – 100 (PART A- 50 and PART B- 50)
- Total marks – 100
- Duration of Examination – 01 Hour
- No Negative Marking
Syllabus for the Examination
For B.Sc: The general standard of the entrance examination will be that of 11th and 12th class under the 10+2 scheme i.e. Botany (25 Marks), Zoology (25 Marks), Physics (25 Marks), Chemistry (25 Marks), English (10 Marks) and General Awareness (10 Marks) or an equivalent examination of the State Education Board/Indian University /CBSE.
For M.Sc: The Entrance examination will be based on the syllabi of B.Sc. Nursing prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council. The Question Paper will have two parts; Part A and Part B. Part A will contain questions from General English, General Knowledge, Biological Sciences, Nursing Administration and Management, Research and Statistics. Part B will contain questions from the specialty subjects (10 marks each) from Medical Surgical Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Child Health Nursing and Maternal Health Nursing.
Based on candidates performance in WAT, merit list will be drawn for AIN, Guwahati. Army Institute of Nursing, Guwahati will send the Merit list of successful candidates to all Command Headquarters and to the Headquarters conducting Admission Test. Candidates are advised to get in touch with appropriate Headquarters on or after June 30, 2018 and check the Institute website for the results. The results will be posted on AIN, Guwahati Website (www.ainguwahati.org). Candidates will be considered for admission to only the Institution(s) for which she has filled the prescribed application. Letter for Counseling cum Admission will be fwd to eligible candidates only by the Institute. Candidates applying for more than one Institution will be considered for allotment of seat in the respective Institution as per the priority of choice indicated by them in the application form and as per merit list of each Institution. Priority of choice for the two Institutions (AIN & ACN) should be carefully indicated in the relevant column as it cannot be changed at a later date
For B.Sc: Admission to the first year B Sc Nursing degree course at Army Institute of Nursing, Guwahati will be on inter-se merit of the candidates (female children of serving regular Army personnel and regular Army pensioners, war-widows/widows of Army from all over India and civilian female students from the North Eastern States) in the Written Admission Test (WAT) conducted by HQ AWES, New Delhi for the year 2018. Candidates are informed that AIN is an AWES Institution and therefore, admission to AIN DOES NOT automatically guarantee selection to Military Nursing Service. However, AIN management organizes Campus Interviews by renowned Hospitals located at major metros for campus placements.
For M.Sc: After declaration of the results, students will be called for counseling based on the Merit List. Counseling for admission to M.Sc. Nursing course will be done strictly as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination. The candidates must give two choices of the specialty they intend studying. Selection of candidates into a particular specialty will be based on the results of entrance examination and counseling. No change of specialty is allowed after admission. The candidate selected will be asked to attend counseling and will have to produce all original documents. If the candidate fulfills all requirements, she can take admission by paying requisite fees. The selected candidates shall have to join the course at the college on the stipulated date as informed by the institute and under no circumstances the joining date shall be extended. The seat shall be filled as per merit rank immediately if a candidate fails to report on the date of joining. The decision of the selection committee is final.
Counseling will commence at AIN Guwahati in third/fourth week of Sep 2018. Provisionally eligible candidates will be called strictly in order of their merit in WAT. All candidates will be allowed provisionally to appear in the Entrance Test. Admission shall be subject to eligibility/ verification of documents/ certificates at the time of counseling and final registration by the University The presence of candidate is mandatory at the time of counseling. Following documents in original are required to be produced by the candidates for verification at the time of counseling:
- Proof of age as it appears in the mark sheet of SSC/Class 10/equivalent examination.
- Certificate of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent examination.
- Marks sheet of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent qualifying examination.
- School/Institute leaving certificate (after qualifying in 10+2 equivalent examination).
- Migration certificate from CBSE/ State Board/ University.
- Proof of eligible category as per Paragraph 11 & 12 (Certificates as applicable).
- Medical certificate as prescribed in the form.
- Gap certificate from school/college if applicable.
A candidate selected for admission shall have to deposit the following fees at the time of admission into First year B.Sc / M.Sc. Nursing course. The fees will be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Army Institute of Nursing, Guwahati” for Institute Fees and “Army Institute of Nursing Hostel” (if staying in the hostel only) for Hostel Fees payable at Guwahati.
|Institute Fee||For Army Wards||Rs 76,703|
|For Civilians||Rs 78,122/-|
|Hostel Fee||For Army Wards||Rs 44,165/-|
|For Civilians||Rs 44,715/-|
|Refundable Security Deposit (College)(To be paid at the time of admission)||For Army Wards||Rs 10000/-|
|For Civilians||Rs 15000/-|
|Refundable Security Deposit (Hostel)(To be paid at the time of admission)||For Army Wards||Rs 5000/-|
|For Civilians||Rs 7500/-|
|(Security deposit without interest is refunded after adjusting dues if any when leaving after completion of studies)|
|Admission Fees (One Time)||For Army Wards||Rs 4000/-|
|For Civilians Wards||Rs 5000/-|
|Group personnel Accident policy||Rs 120/-|
|University Fees (Registration Fees, Migration Fees, will be paid by students as per rules of university).|
|Institute Fee||For Army Wards||Rs 1,14,950.00|
|For Civilians||Rs 1,14,950.00|
|Hostel Fee||For Army Wards||Rs 45,815.00|
|For Civilians||Rs 45,815.00|
One time fee payment for first year students
|Refundable Security Deposit (Institute)||Rs.10000.00|
|Refundable Security Deposit (Hostel)||Rs 5000.00|
Official Website: www.ainguwahati.org.