GPAT 2019 – NTA has announced the GPAT 2019 Result at 6:00 pm, on February 06, 2019. It has been announced on ntagpat.nic.in but the candidates can also check it from the link available below, on this page. To check GPAT Result, application number and date of birth / password is needed. Graduate Aptitude Test in Pharmacy is a national level exam, conducted for admission in M.Pharm programme. This year, it was held on January 28, 2019. The score is accepted by over 1000 participating colleges. As per the newspaper reports, around 40,000 candidates appeared for GPAT 2019. Check more details on GPAT 2019 result, cutoff, score, and more from this page.
Around 42,827 candidates registered for GPAT 2019. The candidates qualify as per GPAT 2019 result gets admission in AICTE-approves colleges and Universities. The score of GPAT is valid for 3 years, from the date of release. Check GPAT 2019 result date from below:
|Student Registration for Practice Center||01 Sep 2018|
|Start of registration for GPAT 2019||01 Nov 2018|
|Last date to apply|
|Last date for uploading the scanned images||08 Dec 2018|
|Last date to pay the application fee||08 Dec 2018|
|Admit card will be available from||07 Jan 2019|
|GPAT 2019 Exam Date||28 Jan 2019|
|Display of GPAT 2019 Answer Key and Recorded Responses||01 Feb 2019|
|Declaration of result|
GPAT 2019 Result
The result of GPAT 2019 is prepared on the basis of the final answer key. For GPAT, National Testing Agency announces the raw marks. The GPAT result is only announced online, on the official website ntagpat.nic.in. NTA does not issues GPAT scorecard via post or any other medium. The result of GPAT is valid for 3 years and once announced it will not be re-valuated or re-checked.
GPAT 2019 Score: The GPAT Score or the raw score is prepared as per the marking scheme of the examination. Hence,
- Candidates get 4 marks for each correct answer.
- As negative marking, 1 marks is deducted for each incorrect answer.
[Total GPAT 2019 Score = 4 X Total Number of Correct Answers – 1 X Total Number of Incorrect Answers]
GPAT 2019 Answer Key
GPAT 2019 Answer Key has been released after the successful completion of the entrance exam. The answer key for the GPAT 2019 exam was released at the official website i.e., ntagpat.nic.in. The answer key is available for download at the Candidate Login. Along with the GPAT 2019 Answer Key, NTA also released the Question Paper and Response Sheet. The candidates were allowed to submithe t objection in the GPAt 2019 Provisional Answer Key. On the basis of the objection submitted, the NTA will now release a final answer key.
GPAT 2019 Login
The candidates can use the GPAT 2019 Login to register for the exam, download their admit card, download the answer key, check result, etc. Keep login credentials handy to log in at GPAT website. Steps to log in and what can be achieved through it are explained below.
- In order to login, enter application number and password. They must be same as the ones received after completion of GPAT 2019 Application process.
- First of all, the GPAT login may be used to complete the registration / application form or see status.
- The admit card for GPAT is also issued at candidate login.
- Once the result is declared, candidates can log in to check result as well as download their score card.
GPAT 2019 Admit Card
The hall ticket / admit card of GPAT 2019 was issued only to the registered candidates. To download the GPAT 2019 Hall Ticket, the candidate had to login using the Application Number and Password. In case you had forgotten the password to log in, you could retrieve the same by entering your login ID, password recovery question and answer. The candidate had carry their admit card on the day of the examination. Also, along with the GPAT 2019 Admit Card, the applicant had to bring along a valid photo id proof.
Exam Pattern for GPAT 2019
The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is being conducted as an online computer based test since 2013. The exam pattern for GPAT 2019 is as follows:
- Number of Questions: Total Number of questions in the exam is 125.
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Marking Scheme: For correct answers, you will get +4 marks in each question.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- The questions will consist of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other related subjects of Pharmacy.
GPAT 2019 Syllabus
For preparation it is important the candidate must be familiarised with the exam pattern and syllabus. It is always advisable to the candidate to study as per the syllabus only. The syllabus for GPAT 2019 is as follows:
Books Recommended for GPAT Preparation
|Book Name||Download Here|
|The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy||Click Here|
|COMPETE PHARMA (A Guide For Preparation of GPAT/NIPER/BITS
/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams)
|GPAT Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test||Click Here|
|MCQs in Pharmacy for GPAT||Click Here|
|GPAT: A Companion||Click Here|
|GPAT Cracker (2017)||Click Here|
Preparation Tips for GPAT 2019
Qualifying GPAT exam will not be that much difficult if one approaches the exam with calm mind and analytical attitude. Just remember one thing that no one can answer all the questions of the question paper. The main key to success in the GPAT is to believe on your strength and answer the questions with utmost accuracy because in negative marking, each wrong answer can cost you dearly. After getting the question paper, read the question paper thoroughly in the next 15 minutes. Don’t be in a hurry in answering the questions; first make a tick on the questions on which you are 100 % sure and then, attempt those questions with utmost care.
After attempting those questions, take a deep breath and go through the question paper again and find that is there any other question which you can attempt. Here self-control is the most important thing as most of the students loose there self-control at this period of time.
Important Topics for GPAT exam
There are certain areas or important topics for GPAT from where you will always find a question and if a student can master these topics then they can definitely score better.
- Remember all the schedules of the drugs thoroughly because you will definitely get a question on the schedules of the drugs.
- There will be 3-4 questions on the families of the herbal drugs and the questions asked on the most common or useful herbal drugs. So you can learn them easily from the CK Kokate.
- Every year now the frequency of the numerical is increasing in the GPAT examination. Basically most of the pharmacy students have a fear of attempting the numerical problems. But for scoring good marks in the GPAT it is mandatory to attempt these numerical problems. In GPAT there are limited types of numerical problems. Most of the numericals are asked from biopharmaceutics, allegation method, depression in freezing point and dose on the basis of body weight and age.
- Every year there is a definite question on the receptors and one should study this topic from the KD Tripathi or Foye’s Medicinal Chemistry.
- Every year there are 6-8 questions on the spectroscopy and mainly questions come from Mass spectrometry, UV, IR and NMR spectroscopy.
- Make a separate note of all the classification of the drugs from KD Tripathi. You will definitely find questions on the classifications of the drugs.
- There will be definitely questions on the amino acid precursors of the basic chemical constituents of the herbal drugs. So you should study them before appearing in the GPAT.
Important Advisories for the Candidates of GPAT-2019
GPAT 2019 Registration / GPAT 2019 Application Form
The application form for GPAT was available for a period of 1 month. The candidates had applied by accessing the link which was available on this page. The application process has been ended, however, the candidates can check the process to apply for GPAT 2019 from below.
- Click on ‘Apply” button, on the bottom left hand side.
- Next, read all the important instructions and tick the small box at bottom and hit the ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button.
- Then, the candidates will have to fill the registration form with Personal and Contact details are to be entered.
- During this stage, the candidates will also have to submit choose password as well.
- When the registration form is submitted, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After this, the candidates will have to fill other details in the application form, upload photo, and pay the application fee.
GPAT 2019 Application Fee: Candidates had to submit the amount of application fee via Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan. The fee amount was as follows:
- General and OBC Male Candidates: Rs. 1400.
- General and OBC Female Candidates: Rs. 700.
- ST / SC / PwD Male Candidates: 700.
- ST / SC / PwD Female Candidates: 700.
- Fee for Transgender: Rs. 700
GPAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission through GPAT 2019 Result. The eligibility criteria for GPAT is as follows.
- There is no age limit.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He / she must have Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Candidates who are in the final year of B.Pharmacy are also eligible to appear in GPAT.
Note: B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology) / Equivalent’ Students are not eligible to appear for GPAT examination.
If you have any queries regarding GPAT 2019, please ask in comments below.