Last year sample question paper is given below.
For AP ICET 2021 – Check here
Sample Question Paper
|Section / Parts||Type of questions asked|
|Section A||Analytical Ability|
|Problem Sequences and Series|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Date Time and Arrangement Problem|
|Section B||Mathematical Ability|
|2||Algebraical and Geometrical Ability|
|Section C – Part 1||Communication Ability|
|Part 2||Business and Computer terminology|
|Part 3||Functional Grammar|
|Part 4||Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)|
The sample question paper for ICET is given below.
SECTION A – Analytical Ability
(1) Data Sufficiency
In each of the questions numbered 1 and 2, the question is followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as (i) and ii. You must decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Using the data, make an appropriate choice form (1) to (4) as per the following guidelines.
(1) If the statement i alone is sufficient to answer the question;
(2) If the statement ii alone is sufficient to answer the question;
(3) If both the statements i and ii are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient.
(4) If both the statements i and ii together and not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is required.
1. What is the value of the non-negative integer x?
(i) 2x is odd (ii) 3x is odd
2. What is the length of the train?
(i) It crosses a pole in 8 seconds.
(ii) It crosses a bridge of length 100 m in 12 seconds.
(2) Problem solving
a) Sequence and Series
Note: In each of the questions numbered 3 and 4, a sequence of numbers or letters that follow a definite pattern is given. Each question has a blank space. This has to be filled with the correct answer chosen from the given four options to complete the sequence without breaking the pattern.
3. AZBY, CXDW …………… GTHS
(1) EXUV (2) EVFU (3) EVRU (4) EVSU
4. 9, 19, 40, …………… 146
(1) 70 (2) 59 (3) 69 (4) 64
5. (1) 65 (2) 126 (3) 217 (4) 343
6. (1) BFH (2) MQS (4) GJL (4) NRT
b) Data Analysis
Note: The following figure has four intersecting circles, each representing a group of persons having the quality written against it. Study the figure carefully and answer questions 7 and 8.
7. The region which represents people who are not honest but possess all other three qualities, as denoted by
(1) B (2) F (3) D (4) M
8. The region which represents the people who are neither honest nor truthful but are intelligent and hard working is denoted by
(1) A (2) C (3) D (4) B
c) Coding and Decoding Problems:
In a code TANK is written as SZOL and FRIEND is written as EQHFOE. Find the process of coding and answer the Question 9.
9. The code for ZENITH is
(1) YDMJUI (2) ADMJUI (3) YFMJUI (4) ADMJUG
d) Date, Time and Arrangement Problems:
10. In a row of six persons, D and C are immediate neighbours of E. B is a neighbour of A only. A is the fourth from F. Who are on the two end points?
(1) F,B (2) F,C (3) B,D (4) C,A
SECTION-B Mathematical Ability
I Arithmetical Ability:
1. A wire of length 132 cm is bent to form a rectangle whose sides are in the ratio 7:4. The area (in square cms) of the rectangle is
(1) 4032 (2) 4230 (3) 100 (4) 3420
2. The ratio of the area of square of side ‘a’ to the area of an equilateral triangle of side ‘a’ is
(1)4:√3 (2) 2: √3 (3) .√3 :2 (4) √3 :4
3. If in a group of people, m persons can speak Telugu, n persons can speak Tamil and t persons can speak both Tamil and Telugu, then, the number of persons who can speak either Telugu or Tamil is
(1) m-n+1 (2) m-n-t (3) m+n-1 (4) n-m+t
4. If a:b 1:3 and b:c = 2:5, then, a:b:c =
(1) 1:3:5 (2) 1:6:5 (3) 2:6:15 (4) 6:2:15
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
5. If one root of the equation ax2 + bx + c = 0 is double the other root, then
(1) b2 = 9ac (2) 2b2 = 3abc (3) b = 2a (4) 2b2 = 9ac
6. Equation of the line passing through the point (2, -3) and perpendicular to the line segment joining the points (1,2) (-1, 5) is
7. If (0, 0), (2, 2) and (0, a) form a right angled isosceles triangle, then a=
(1) 4 (2) 4 (3) 3 (4) -3
III Statistical Ability:
7. The mean deviation of the values 21, 23, 25, 28, 30, 32, 38, 39, 46,48 from the mean is
(1) 7.6 (2) 6.7 (3) 7.8 (4) 8.7
8. Eight coins are tossed simultaneously. The probability of getting at least six heads is
(1) 39/256 (2) 29/256 (3) 31/256 (4) 37/256
9. If the standard deviation of al, a2, …., an, is s. then, the standard deviation of a1 + b, a2+b, ……. an+b is
1)s+b (2) s – b (3) s (4) sb
SECTION – C Communication Ability
Part 1: Vocabulary
Choose the correct meaning for the word:
(1) Decoration (2) Exaggeration (3) Mitigation (4) Aggravation
Fill in the blank choosing the correct word:
2. The old lady is an Story-teller
(1) adept (2) adopt (3) adapt (4) adrift
Part 2: Business and Computer Terminology
Choose the correct answer:
3. An Actuary is
(1) One who presents himself
(2) One who project himself
(3) One who works in a sanctuary
(4) One who makes calculations connected with insurance
Part 3: Functional Grammar
Choose the correct answer:
4. A : Would you mind lending your umbrella?
B : Yes, I do.
In this conversation
(1) B is willing to lend it to A
(2) B excuses himself
(3) B is hesitant
(4) B is annoyed by the request
5. “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride”. This sentence
(1) speaks of an utter impossibility
(2) expresses a condition
(3) implies a difficult possibility
(4) states an absurdity
Fill in the blank with the appropriate phrase/verb/ preposition
6. We had a pleasant conversation …….. a cup of tea.
(1) with (2) on (3) over (4) during
7. Some bottles are not suitable ………. Recycling
(1) for (2) with (3) to (4) in
Read the following passage and answer questions 8 to 10
The overwhelming vote given by the greater part of the public has so far been in favour of entertainment which passes the time easily, and satisfies that part of our imagination which depends on the more obvious kind of daydreams. You can argue that these daydreams are usually substitutes for our own inactivity, ineffectualness, and lack of power or influence, so that we make up for what we secretly regard as our deficiencies by watching the stimulating adventures of other people who are larger, stronger, more effective, or more beautiful than we are. The conventional stars act the roles of other people who are larger, stronger more effective, or more beautiful than we are. The conventional West, or in the jungles we will never visit (we would not dare to, most of us, if we could), or in the underworld of great cities where crime and violence may not pay in the end, but are very exciting to watch if your youth is being spent in the day-to-day routine of school or office, on the one hand, or in the kitchen and living – room of 39 Blank St, on the other.
Whether we admit it to ourselves or not, most of us are very conscious of deficiencies in our looks, our clothes, and the circumstances of our homes. But on the screen we can feast our eyes on people selected to appear because of their good looks, dressed in expensive and sometimes extravagantly showy clothes, and moving about most of the time in the plushy environment of wealth. What you cannot have yourself, at least you can continuously look at surrounding other people, and, who knows, one day you may have these things too, like the stars who have come up from nowhere but now earn large fortunes!
8. Why do we enjoy films in which there are larger-than-life characters?
(1)We don’t like films to be true to life
(2)We like the big screen.
(3) Art is mt for art’s sake
(4) They enable us to compensate r shortcomings.
9. Why do we enjoy films based on crime and violence?
(1) Human beings admire criminals.
(2) They provide for us with some relief from the boredom of routine life
(3) Crime and violence have become part of our life.
(4) All human beings are sadists.
10. What aspect of human psychology the author does refer to in the second paragraph?
(1) Human beings enjoy the very sight of qualities and luxuries they are deprived of.
(2) Human psychology is very complex.
(3) Human beings love being poor.
(4) Human being admire themselves.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.