IIAST 2022 – Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Karnataka has released the shortlisted candidates list for interview for IIAST PhD August Admission 2022. Candidates who are have completed their qualifying degrees and have obtained scores above the designated cut-offs in JEST/GATE/JRF-CSIR-UGC exams are eligible to apply. Initial screening will be conducted based on the overall academic performance. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview. Get here complete details of IIAST 2022.
Latest – IIAST PhD August Admission 2022 Shortlisted Candidates List for Interview has been released. Scroll down to check it.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics offers admission to Ph. D Programme in collaboration with Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry. and Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D (Tech.) Programme in collaboration with University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkota.
IIAST 2022 Overview
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore|
|Courses Offered||Ph.D. programme and Integrated M.Tech.- PhD (Tech.) programme|
|Mode of Application form||Online mode|
|Location||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
IIAST 2022 Important Dates
|IIAST 2022||Important Dates|
|Online Application Form available from||05 May 2022|
|Last date to apply online||31 May 2022|
|Release of shortlisted candidates list for Ph.D interview||16 Jun 2022|
|The interview for PhD will be held on||20 Jun 2022|
|The interview for M.Tech will be held on||to be announced|
|Interview result||to be announced|
IIAST 2022 Shortlisted Candidates List for Interview
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Karnataka has released the shortlisted candidates list for interview for IIAST PhD August Admission 2022. It has released in PDF format at iiap.res.in. The direct link to check the shortlisted candidates list for interview is provided below.
Shortlisted Candidates List: Click here to check the IIAST 2022 Shortlisted Candidates List for Interview.
IIAST 2022 Application Form
Candidates can fill their Application form online through the official website. All the candidates who are eligible can fill the application form.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for the IIAST 2022
When filling out the application form, please:
- Please provide all details of the marks/GPA for all examinations taken so far. Please normalize the GPA to 100%, i.e., if the GPA is out of 10, multiply by 10 etc.
- f you are currently studying in a degree programme, please mention the expected date of its completion and enter the marks up to the last examination for which the marks are available .
- If you have studied in a college, please mention both the name of the college and the name of the university to which it is affiliated.
- Please verify that you have filled in your postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers correctly. If you are called for an interview, the call letter will be sent to your postal address.
- Please keep scanned copies of your recent photograph (jpg/png/ jpeg formats only; sizes preferably less than 250 kb ), mark sheets, and certificates (pdfs only; sizes preferably less than 250 kb ) ready. You will be prompted to upload them on the final preview page. If called for the interview you will be asked to bring originals of the relevant documents for verification.
- Before uploading scanned documents please ensure that all scanned documents are clear and readable.
IIAST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the Eligibility Criteria to be followed for IIAST 2022 :
A. You may apply if :
- (a) you have qualified for JRF in the NET/CSIR/UGC exam (June 2020 onwards), or
- (b) scored 95.00 percentile or above in the JEST (2021, 2022), or
- (c) scored 95.00 percentile or above in GATE (2021, 2022)
Note: Scores must be valid at the time of admission.
Candidates applying for the IIA-Ph.D program based on their GATE / JEST score must have qualified in the PHYSICS paper of GATE / JEST.
NOTE: Percentile = [(T-R)/T]*100, where T = Total number of candidates, and R = All India Rank.
Please refer to the GATE / JEST score card for T & R.
B. IMPORTANT: Our admission criteria also requires the candidate to have scored aggregate of 60% marks or above throughout his/her academic career.
D. Age Limit: Maximum 28 years as on May 31, 2022.
- Initial screening will be conducted based on overall academic performance. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview. The interview will be held online [by audio-visual /audio means]. Original documents of all academic records (mark sheets, certificates, etc.) must be produced upon demand. If any information is found to have been falsified in the online application, it will lead to automatic and immediate disqualification of the candidate.
- The interview will be held online (by audio-visual /audio means)
- In case of difficulty in holding the interview, candidates will be selected based on their academic record
- In the worst case, the admission process is likely to be suspended
Steps to apply
Steps to be followed to fill are included below. Candidates are able to apply online through the official website of IIAST 2022.
- First, open the official website.
- Then complete all personal and academic details.
- Upload to a recent photograph
- The candidate should not be allowed to impersonate any other person in order to submit a successful application.
- Applying pressure on any member of the exam authority with respect to the application process is strictly forbidden.
- Candidates must not enter the incorrect or false details while filling the form in their application.
- Submitting multiple applications is to be avoided.
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics is a DST-funded, research institute, devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related areas of physics. The main campus is located in Koramangala, Bangalore. Additionally, the institute also has various field centres, including the Centre for Research and Education in Science and Technology (CREST) at Hosakote, Bangalore, and the observing facilities at Gauribidanur, Hanle, Kavalur and Kodaikanal.
IIAST 2022 FAQ’s
A. The Indian Institute of Astrophysics is a DST-funded, research institute, devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related areas of physics.
A. IIAST offers admission to Ph.D. programme and Integrated M.Tech.- PhD (Tech.) programme
A. For admission to Ph.D and Integrated M.Tech.- PhD (Tech.) programme Initial screening will be conducted based on overall academic performance. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview.
A. Candidates who are have completed their qualifying degrees and have obtained scores above the designated cut-offs in JEST/GATE/JRF-CSIR-UGC exams are eligible to apply.
Official Website: iiap.res.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.