IIAST 2019 – The Candidates who are seeking admission in Ph.D, IIA Bangalore will bes selecting the candidates on the basis of interview which will be done after the candidates have successfully filled the Applictation Form. This IIAST is not going to conduct a written test, instead the candidates will be selected on the basis of Application Form filled by them. Candidates can check all the information related to IIAST 2019 on this page.
IIA conducts the following two graduate programmes leading to Ph.D. degrees.
- Ph.D., jointly with Pondicherry Central University
- Integrated M.Tech. – Ph.D., jointly with the University of Calcutta.
Schedule for the IIAST for Indian Institute of Astrophysics Ph.D. 2019 is given below.
|Online Application Form will be available from||18 Sep 2018|
|Last date to apply online||21 Oct 2018|
|The interview for PhD will be held in||26 & 27 Dec 2018|
|The interview for M.Tech will be held in||May 2019|
|Short-listed candidates will be interviewed at||IIA Bangalore|
IIAST for Indian Institute of Astrophysics Ph.D. 2019 Admissions – Complete Details
Candidates can fill their Application form online through the official website. All the candidates who are eligible can fill the application form. Direct link to fill the application is given below.
- Application process is over now.
Applications are invited from students who expect to complete M.Sc. (Physics) / Integrated M.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree by June 2019 or already completed, with 60% marks from Standard X onwards. All applicants must fill the online application form. No hard copy applications will be entertained.
In addition to the above, the other minimum eligibility criteria to apply are, All India rank in GATE (OR) JEST exam should be in the range 1 – 250 (OR) qualification in UGC-CSIR-NET (JRF) exam (OR) currently valid KVPY / INSPIRE fellowship.
Incomplete applications (without the scanned copy of stamp/passport size photograph of the student, X, XII, UG, PG mark sheets, GATE / UGC-CSIR-NET (JRF) / JEST / KVPY / INSPIRE result) will be rejected.
Our selection procedure consists of a screening test followed by an interview for the short-listed candidates.
When filling out the application form, please:
- Upload your recent photograph.
- Give details of your marks or grade point average (GPA) in all the examinations written so far. In the case of GPA, normalize to 100%; for example, if your GPA is out of 10, multiply by 10.
- If you are currently studying in a degree programme, mention the expected month and year of its completion, and enter the marks received up to the last examination with declared results.
- If you are currently studying in a degree programme, mention the expected month and year of its completion, and enter the marks received up to the latest semester with declared results.
- Before starting to fill the application form, make sure that you have softcopies of your photo and other necessary documents. Upload the scanned / soft copies of your mark sheets and certificates along with this application form on the preview page.
|Qualifying degree must be completed latest by June 2019.|
|Candidates must have:
a) Consistent academic record with 60% or more from Standard X onwards.
|Age Limit: Maximum 25 years as on January 01, 2019.|
When attending IIAST, please:
Carry your Hall Ticket and photo-ID card (eg: College ID, Students card, Passport) at the time of admission test. Candidates without a suitable photo-id will not be permitted to write the exam. Reach the examination hall before 9 am.
If you are appearing in IIAST, please share your queries in the comments below.
BOARD OF GRADUATE STUDIES,
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Kormangala, Bangalore -34
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.iiap.res.in