ISI Result 2020 – Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) releases result ISI admission test online at isical.ac.in. It is released in the form of a merit list. The merit list is released in the pdf format. It consists of the details like name, registration number, rank, marks of the candidates etc. The candidates who qualify the written test for JRF programmes are then, called for the interview. Check more information about ISI result 2020 from this page.
Latest: ISI has released the revised schedule for admission test. Scroll down to check
ISI Result 2020
Based on performance in interview round, the list of seat allocation is released of shortlisted candidates. Check the date related to ISI result 2020 fron the table below:
|ISI Result 2020||Date|
|ISI Admission Test 2020 exam date|
|Publication of result|
Check Here: Candidates can check ISI result 2020 as per schedule at the official website, isical.ac.in.
ISI Admission 2020 Revised Date Notice
Steps to Check ISI Result 2020
The candidates can follow the steps given below to check ISI Result 2020.
Step 1: Firstly, click on the direct link of the result given above.
Step 2: A pdf will open after following the step given above.
Step 3: Now, carefully check the registration number or name in the PDF.
Step 4: Lastly, download the PDF for future use.
Preparation of ISI 2020 Merit List
The candidates can check the method in which ISI 2020 score lists are prepared.
First score list: All the answer scripts from written test I are graded.
Stage 1 Shortlisting
First Score List
- If a programme has N seats, then, the lowest score of the top p1 x N candidates will be set as the qualifying score, where p1 > 1
- The score of p1 x Nth candidates shall be deemed as the General qualifying score q1. The qualifying score for OBC will be 0.9 x q1 and the qualifying score for SC / ST / PwD candidates will be 0.7 x q1.
- All the candidates whose scores are equal to or above the respective qualifying score shall be deemed to have shortlisted for Stage 1.
Second Score List
- The candidates who are shortlisted in Stage 1 are graded.
- The scores of Stage 2 is calculated as per this formula
WSSII: A1 x Written Test I score + B1 x Written Test II score
The tabulated score sheet of WSSII obtained by the candidates wo were Shorlisted in Stage 1, is the second score list.
Stage 2 Shortlisting
- If a programme has N seats, then the lowest score of the top p2 x N candidates shall be set as the qualifying score, where P1 > P2 > 1.
- The score of the P2 x Nth candidate shall be deemed as the GEN qualifying score q2. The qualifying score for OBC will be 0.9 x q2 and the qualifying score for SC / ST / PwD will be 0.7 x q2.
- All the candidates whose scores are equal to or above the respective qualifying score shall be deemed as shortlisted for Stage 2.
Third score list (For JRF programmes only)
All stage 2 candidates are shortlisted for interview. The sum of scores for stage 2 (WSSIII) shall be computed as:
WSSIII: A2 x Written test I score + B2 x Written Test II score + C x Interview score
The tabulated score sheet of WSSIII obtained by the candidates who were shortlisted in Stage II, is the third score list.
Stage III Shortlisting:
- If a programme has N seats then, the lowest score of the top p3 x N candidates shall be set as qualifying score, where p1 > p2 > p3 > 1
- The score of p3 x Nth candidate shall be deemed as GEN qualifying score q3.
- The qualifying score for OBC will be 0.9 x q3 and qualifying score for SC / ST / PwD will be 0.7 x q3.
- All candidates whose scores are equal to or above the respective qualifying score shall be deemed as shortlisted for Stage III.
ISI 2020 Final Merit Order List
Check the information given below to know about the ISI final ordered merit lis.
Final Rank Ordered Merit List – For programmes other than the JRF programmes, the tabulated score sheet of scores obtained by the candidates after Stage II shortlisting is the final rank ordered merit list.
For JRF Programmes – The tabulated score sheet of scores secured by the candidates after Stage III shortlisting is the final rank ordered merit list.
ISI 2020 Selection Procedure
Each applicant are required to take one or two written tests. In addition, the JRF applicants are called for the interview. The final selection of the candidate is done according to the stage – wise process which have following parameters.
- Preparation of score list
- Determination of qualifying score
- Shortlisting of candidates by applying qualifying score
- Preparation of the list of the candidates who have qualified to proceed to the next stage
What is written test waiver?
1. The written test is waived for those candidates who have been selected as INMO awardees to participate in the IMOTC (For B.Math and B.Math (Hons.). Such candidates are directly called for interview.
2. For M.Tech, M.Tech (CRS) the written is waived off for those candidates who have a valid GATE score.
3. In JRF, the candidates who have obtained at least 75% aggregate without any backpaper, the written test will be waived and the students will be called directly for interview.
ISI 2020 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the seat matrix of ISI as per last year from the table below:
|Bachelor of Statistics Honours||50|
|Bachelor of Mathematics Honours||50|
|Master of Statistics||30|
|Master of Mathematics||20|
|Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (Delhi)||27|
|Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (Kolkata)||18|
|Master of Science in Quality Management Sciences||16|
|Master of Science in Library and Information Science||10|
|Master of Technology in Computer Science||35|
|Master of Technology in Cryptology and Security||20|
|Master of Technology in Quality Reliability and Operations Research||25|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics (Chennai+Tezpur)||35|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics (Tezpur)||15|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications||15|
Junior Research Fellowship Programs
|Course||No. of seats|
|JRF in Statistics||10|
|JRF Quantitative Economics||5|
|JRF in Computer Science||21|
|JRF in Quality Reliability and Operations Research||5|
|JRF Physics & Applied Mathematics||5|
|JRF in Biological Science||2|
|JRF Library and Information Science||3|
ISI 2020 Seat Reservation
The candidates can check the seat reservation given below.
|Categories||Percentage of reservation|
|OBC – NCL||27%|
Category wise Relxation Percentage
- A candidate belonging to SC / ST category shall get 30% relaxation on the general qualifying score at each stage of the selection process.
- Any candidate belonging to OBC – NCL category shall get 10% relaxation on the general qualifying score at each stage of the selection process.
- A candidate belonging to PwD category shall get 30% relaxation on the general qualifying score at each stage of the selection process.
ISI Seat Allotment 2020
The names of the candidates specified in the merit list are either allocated provisional seat in the respective degree programme or put on the ISI 2020 wait list.
After the allocation of provisional seats in any degree programme, the candidates are given 2-3 day window to fill their options. Some of the points that candidates have to follow while accepting or rejecting the seat according to ISI provisional merit list 2020 are given below.
- While accepting the seat, the candidates have to deposit the ‘Seat Acceptance Deposit’ (refundable).
- If any candidate is included in the waitlist, then, he / she can either accept the offer or decline it.
- Any candidate who does not fill the options within 2-3 day window, shall be assumed to have declined the respective option.
- In the first round of allocation, while accepting the seat or accepting a waitlist offer, the candidates have to complete the registration formalities for the confirmation of choice.
- The candidate who declines the provisional seat offer, cannot further take part in other admission rounds.
What After Accepting ISI Provisional Seat Offer?
After accepting the ISI provisional seat offer, the candidates have to download the provisional seat allocation letter. Then, they are required to report at the reporting center for the document verification.
About Indian Statistical Institute
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is a public researach university that is recognized as institute of national importance as per 1959 act of the Indian parliament. The institute was established in the year 1931. Its headquarters is in Baranagar, Kolkata, West Bengal. The key areas of ISI are Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematical Economics, Information Science etc.
FAQs for ISI Result 2020
Ques. Where can I check ISI result 2020?
Ans. You can ISI result 2020 at isical.ac.in.
Ques. In what form ISI result is announced?
Ans. The result for ISI is announced in the form of merit list.
Ques. What is ISI 2020 provisional merit list?
Ans ISI provisional merit list is announced for the students who have been shortlisted after the written test. The candidates are given 2-3 days window to fill the options and accept the seat offer.
Ques. Do I need any login credentials to check ISI result 2020?
Ans. No credentials are needed to check the result. The result is announced in the PDF format.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.