JKCET Result 2021 is announced after the successful completion of the JKCET 2021 entrance exam on the official website. The result of JKCET 2021 indicates merit obtained in the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test. Candidates who will appear for the exam can able to check their results and know the rank obtained. As and when released, a candidate can find the merit list over this page. Counseling and seat allotment is done on the basis of the JKCET 2021 merit list. The authorities also consider a candidate’s preference for college and branch. To know more about JKCET 2021 Result, keep reading!
Result of JKCET 2021 is expected to be announced in 3rd week of May 2021.
JKCET 2021 Result
Students who appear in Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET 2021) can check the result of JKCET 2021 after the exam. Results are declared and available as rank wise/ roll number wise on the official website of J&K BOPEE and the direct link is also provided below.
|JKCET 2021 Result||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Date of exam||Last week of Apr 2021|
|JKCET 2021 result date||3rd week of May 2021|
Check result here: Candidates can check result (rank, merit list) of JKCET 2021 as per schedule at jkbopee.gov.in.
Last year the JKCET exam was not held and directly merit list was released after JEE Main result. In the year before that, the JKCET exam was held on 28 April, and result was announced on 18 May.
JKCET 2021 Score and Merit list
Score: The score of the candidate is the marks obtained by them in the test. It is indicated in the on the result of the candidate. The score will be used by the examination conducting body to rank candidates.
Merit List: A merit list will be published by the institution on the official website as per the rank obtained by the candidates in the examination. As per the merit list, candidates will have to appear for the counselling round.
How is Merit Decided in-case of Tie in JKCET 2021 Result?
If two or more applicants who have appeared for the exam obtain equal marks then the following procedure is followed to decide the rank in inter-se-merit:
- First of all, candidate scoring higher marks in Mathematics is considered. If this doesn’t work then
- Marks obtained by the applicant in Physics are considered to decide the rank
- Marks obtained in Chemistry are taken into account if marks in Physics are also the same
- If marks in all the three subjects are same, candidate older in age is preferred over others.
JKCET 2021 Cut-Off
On the basis of the number of candidates appeared for the exam and also according to the difficulty level, the cut-off will be prepared. The candidates will need to qualify the minimum cut-off to get the place in the merit list. The cut-off will be prepared by the different colleges. The cut-off will be prepared category wise for the candidates. If there will be some vacant seats then the cut-off might get reduced, if the Board will allow so.
JKCET 2021 Seat Reservation
The last year’s criteria for the reservation that is mentioned below are only applicable to Govt. run colleges and institutions in the state as notified by Jammu and Kashmir Govt. Reservation of seats last year was as follows:
|Category||Reservation in %age|
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes:-|
|Weak and Underprivileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) (State Subjects only)||03|
|Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) *** (over and above intake capacity)|
JKCET 2021 Counselling Process
Further, a candidate is asked to appear for counselling round by physically reporting at the allotted college. All the documents/ details provided by a candidate is verified and a candidate is finally allotted a seat in their desired college and desired course. If any of the documents are found to be forged, the candidature of a candidate is canceled. So, as per the allotted date, time and venue a candidate needs to report with all the original documents, along with a scanned copy of each.
The JKCET 2021 Preference Form:
- The Online Preference Form enables a candidate to fill in the preferences for various disciplines/institutions for allotment of a seat for admission in B.E/B.Tech. Engineering Courses in the Govt. and Private Engineering Colleges of the state.
- Candidates will initially be required to enter the requisite/mandatory details for registration and obtaining the password for subsequent logging into the website.
- During the online filling up of Preference Form, the candidates will get all the details of the disciplines available in the participating institutions.
- Candidate should select his/her most preferred preference first along with the College of preference followed by second, third, fourth and so on for the said course. This preference shall be available to all the preferences/ colleges are exhausted by the candidate.
- Candidates who have submitted the form online shall, however, be required to download/print at least one copy of the Preference Form for retention by the
- The candidates will have to lock all the preferences and choices before the last date of the online counselling.
How to Check JKCET 2021 Result
The result will be published in two local dailies and will be uploaded on the website of the Board jakbopee.org / jkbopee.gov.in The process of selection will be notified separately. Candidates can check the result by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Visit the official website or click on the link given above.
Step 2: On the homepage click on the link to check the result.
Step 3: The login page will open, provide id and password.
Step 4: The result will be updated on the screen
Step 5: Download the result for reference.
JKCET Result Archives
- Click here to download Provisional Merit List Inviting Objection
- Click here to download Provisional Merit List
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.