JKCET 2020 Syllabus – JKCET is an entrance exam conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board Of Professional Entrance Examinations (JK BOPEE). The syllabus of Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET 2020) will be mainly based on the topics of Class XI and XII books. The exam pattern resembles that of the pattern of other state and national level engineering exams. Get all the required details such as exam pattern, syllabus and preparation tips section-wise for JKCET 2020.
JKCET 2020 Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics
The standard of the JKCET 2020 will be that of NCERT Class XI and XII books. You are required to thoroughly practice each chapter of the book to be well-prepared.
|Physical World and Measurement||Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure||Sets, Relations and Functions|
|Kinematics||Chemical Equilibrium||Complex Number, Linear Equations, Linear Programming|
|Laws of Motion||Chemical Kinetics||Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination & Binomial Theorem|
|Work, Energy and Power||Solutions||Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions|
|Motion of system of particles and Rigid Body||Chemical Thermodynamics||Matrices and Determinants|
|Gravitation||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry||Limit, Continuity and Differentiation|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Solid State & States of Matter||Integration and Differential Equations|
|Thermodynamics||Surface Chemistry||Straight Lines and Conic Sections|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Periodic Properties||Statistics and Probability|
|Oscillations and Waves||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Electrostatics||Chemistry of Representative Elements|
|Current Electricity||Transition elements including Lanthanides|
|Magnetic effects of current and Magnetism||Coordination Chemistry|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Nomenclature and Basic concepts in Organic Chemistry|
|Optics||Organic Chemistry based on functional group-I|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Organic Chemistry based on functional group-II|
|Atoms and Nuclei||Organic Chemistry based on functional group-III|
|Electronic Devices||Molecules of Life|
Exam Pattern of JKCET 2020
Given below is the exam pattern for JKCET 2020:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Duration of Examination: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: Objective questions
- No. of questions: 180 (60 from each section)
- No. of sections: 3
- Maximum Marks: 180
- Correct Answer: +1 will be awarded for each correct answer
- Incorrect answer: -0.25 is deducted for every wrong answer
You can the distribution of marks from the table below:
|Name of Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
List of Important Books for JKCET 2020 Preparation
Here is the list of books candidate can take help from and clear the concepts:
|Class 12 Physics Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 12 Physics Part 2||Click Here|
|Class 12 Chemistry Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 12 Chemistry Part 2||Click Here|
|Class 12 Mathematics Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 12 Mathematics Part 2||Click Here|
|Class 11 Physics Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 11 Physics Part 2||Click here|
|Class 11 Chemistry Part 1||Click here|
|Class 11 Chemistry Part 2||Click here|
Physics – How to prepare
- As the standard of the exam is that of Higher Secondary level (10+2), the paper will be based on the syllabus of NCERT books of Class XI and Class XII. Physics is all about derivations and laws that were concluded through the experiments performed by the scholars.
- You must focus on the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Prepare a separate notebook for the subject to maintain the notes for each chapter and do write the formulas at the back of notebook for reference.
- Don’t just learn the formulas, it is important to know how the formulae resulted out of a derivation.
- Once you have thoroughly studied the formulas, move onto the numerical portion and solve them on regular basis.
Summary: Primarily, make your concepts strong by studying the theoretical portion and then cover the numerical part to attain accuracy. Target the important and frequently asked questions which you can extract from previous year papers.
Chemistry – How to prepare?
- The exam covers the topics given from NCERT books of Class XI and XII. Chemistry revolves around the chemical reactions happening around us and you must know how to form the chemical equations with stable balancing and forming accurate compounds.
- This subject requires lots of practice and in some topics, like inorganic chemistry, you might have to cram the chemical equations.
- Organic Chemistry is the scoring part and interesting one, therefore, don’t miss out mastering this portion.
- Physical Chemistry is the easiest section under chemistry as generally the topics asked from this portion is familiar to us as we have been studying them since elementary school. But there are some topics like Thermodynamics and Equilibrium which are regarded as the toughest topics by the medical students. Give more time to both the units.
Summary: Prepare a separate notebook for Physical chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry and dedicate maximum time to the toughest topics.
Mathematics – How to prepare
- Aspirants can polish this section by practicing the questions from the Class XI and XII NCERT Books.
- They must strive for accuracy and speed as calculations are quite long and could drain away your time and you will be left with little time for other sections.
- Focus on the following topics-
- Limits and Derivatives
- Matrices and Determinants
- Binomial Theorem
Syllabus of J&K CET 2019 conducted by JKBOPEE is available here for all the students who wish to appear in the JKCET 2020 for reference purpose only.
Click here to download JKCET 2019 Syllabus.
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination will organize the offline entrance exam of JKCET 2020. This state level entrance test is conducted every year to offer admission into B.Tech and B.E programmes. Candidates have to qualify this entrance test to get admission into engineering programmes in various private or government institutions situated in Jammu & Kashmir. JKCET provides online application forms which van filled through the official website.
In the year 2002, The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act was passed by the State Legislature and The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations was constituted under the Act. The Board as set up under the Act replaced the Competent Authority Entrance Examinations which was existing earlier. The purpose of constituting an examining body for entrance tests by an Act of the Legislature was to invigorate it, so that it might execute the task of selection of candidates independently, objectively and more efficiently.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.