|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
JKCET 2018 Syllabus – JKCET is an entrance exam conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations. The syllabus of Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET 2018) will be mainly based on the topics of Class XI and XII books. The exam pattern resembles to that of the pattern of other state and national level engineering exams. Get all the required details such as exam pattern, syllabus and preparation tips section-wise for JKCET 2018.
Exam Pattern of JKCET 2018
The Common Entrance Test (CET) will be composed of three sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60 questions in each section. Each correct answer would fetch you 1 mark and an incorrect answer would cost you negative marking of 0.25 mark.
|Name of Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Exam||Marking Scheme|
|Physics||60||60||3 Hours||Correct Answer: +1 Mark
Incorrect Answer: -0.25 mark
Exam Syllabus for JKCET 2018
The standard of the JKCET 2018 will be that of NCERT Class XI and XII books. You are required to thoroughly practice each chapter of the book to be well-prepared.
|1||Physical World and Measurement||Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure||Sets, Relations and Functions|
|2||Kinematics||Chemical Equilibrium||Complex Number, Linear Equations, Linear Programming|
|3||Laws of Motion||Chemical Kinetics||Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination & Binomial Theorem|
|4||Work , Energy and Power||Solutions||Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions|
|5||Motion of system of particles and Rigid Body||Chemical Thermodynamics||Matrices and Determinants|
|6||Gravitation||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry||Limit, Continuity and Differentiation|
|7||Properties of Bulk Matter||Solid State & States of Matter||Integration and Differential Equations|
|8||Thermodynamics||Surface Chemistry||Straight Lines and Conic Sections|
|9||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Periodic Properties||Statistics and Probability|
|10||Oscillations and Waves||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry|
|11||Electrostatics||Chemistry of Representative Elements|
|12||Current Electricity||Transition elements including Lanthanides|
|13||Magnetic effects of current and Magnetism||Coordination Chemistry|
|14||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Nomenclature and Basic concepts in Organic Chemistry|
|16||Optics||Organic Chemistry based on functional group-I|
|17||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Organic Chemistry based on functional group-II|
|18||Atoms and Nuclei||Organic Chemistry based on functional group-III|
|19||Electronic Devices||Molecules of Life|
Physics – How to prepare
- As the standard of exam is that of Higher Secondary level (10+2), the paper will be based on the syllabus of NCERT books of Class XI and Class XII. Physics is all about derivations and laws that were concluded through the experiments performed by the scholars.
- You must focus on the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Prepare a separate notebook for the subject to maintain the notes for each chapter and do write the formulas at the back of notebook for reference.
- Don’t just learn the formulas, it is important to know how the formulae resulted out of a derivation.
- Once you have thoroughly studied the formulas, move onto the numerical portion and solve them on regular basis.
Summary: Primarily, make your concepts strong by studying the theoretical portion and then cover the numerical part to attain accuracy. Target the important and frequently asked questions which you can extract from previous year papers.
Chemistry – How to prepare?
- The AIIMS MBBS exam covers the topics given from NCERT books of Class XI and XII. Chemistry revolves around the chemical reactions happening around us and you must know how to form the chemical equations with stable balancing and forming accurate compounds.
- This subject requires lots of practice and in some topics, like inorganic chemistry, you might have to cram the chemical equations.
- Organic Chemistry is the scoring part and interesting one therefore don’t miss out mastering this portion.
- Physical Chemistry is the easiest section under chemistry as generally the topics asked from this portion is familiar to us as we have been studying them since elementary school. But there are some topics like Thermodynamics and Equilibrium which are regarded as the toughest topics by the medical students. Give more time to both the units.
Summary: Prepare a separate notebook for Physical chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry and dedicate maximum time to the toughest topics.
Mathematics – How to prepare
- Aspirants can polish this section by practicing the questions from the Class XI and XII NCERT Books.
- They must strive for accuracy and speed as calculations are quite long and could drain away your time and you will be left with little time for other sections.
- Focus on the following topics-
- Limits and Derivatives
- Matrices and Determinants
- Binomial Theorem
Syllabus of J&K CET conducted by JAKBOPEE is available here for all the students who wish to appear in the exam.
Click here to download JKCET 2017 Syllabus.
|Unit 1||Physical World And Measurement||02|
|Unit 3||Laws of Motion||02|
|Unit 4||Work, Energy And Power||02|
|Unit 5||Motion of System of Particles And Rigid Body||02|
|Unit 7||Properties Of Bulk Matter||02|
|Unit 9||Behaviour of Perfect Gas And Kinectic Theory||02|
|Unit 10||Oscillations And Waves||04|
|Unit 12||Current Electricity||04|
|Unit 13||Magnetic Effects Of Current And Magnetism||05|
|Unit 14||Electromagnetic Induction And Alt. Currents||04|
|Unit 15||Electromagnetic Waves||02|
|Unit 17||Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiation||02|
|Unit 18||Atoms And Nuclei||03|
|Unit 19||Electronic Devices||04|
|Unit 20||Communication System||02|
|Unit 1||Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure||03|
|Unit 2||Chemical Equilibrium||04|
|Unit 3||Chemical Kinetics||02|
|Unit 5||Chemical Thermodynamics||04|
|Unit 6||Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry||03|
|Unit 7||Solid State & States Of Matter||04|
|Unit 8||Surface Chemistry||02|
|Unit 9||Periodic Properties||02|
|Unit 10||Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure||04|
|Unit 11||Chemistry Of Representative Elements||04|
|Unit 12||Transition Elements Including Lanthanoides||02|
|Unit 13||Co-Ordination Chemistry||04|
|Unit 14||Nomenclature And Basic Concepts In The Organic Chemistry||03|
|Unit 16||Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-I||02|
|Unit 17||Organic Chemistry Based On Function Group-Ii||03|
|Unit 18||Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-Iii||03|
|Unit 19||Molecules Of Life||03|
|Unit 1||Sets, Relations And Functions||06|
|Unit 2||Complex Number; Linear Inequation; Linear Prog||06|
|Unit 3||Sequence And Series, Permutation And Combination||06|
|Unit 4||Trigonometric And Inverse Trigonometry Functions||06|
|Unit 5||Matrices And Determinants||04|
|Unit 6||Limit, Continuity And Differentiation||08|
|Unit 7||Integration And Differential Equations||07|
|Unit 8||Straight Lines And Conic Sections||05|
|Unit 9||Statistics And Probability||06|
|Unit 10||Vectors And Three Dimensional Geometry||06|
Insofar, official details of JKCET 2018 syllabus have not yet been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as JKCET 2018 information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
If you have any queries regarding JKCET 2018 Syllabus, please ask in comments below.