JKCET 2019 is Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (CET). The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination conducts the JKCET. Through JKCET, a candidate can get admission to Bachelor’s of Engineering (B.E). The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (CET) 2019 will be conducted on April 21, 2019. The selection of the students will be based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination. A merit list shall be prepared after the declaration of the result based on the cutoff list determined by The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination.
The Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before applying and take care of all the dates of the application process. The table below indicates all the important dates of the JKCET 2019 admission process:
|Availability of Advertisement||01 Feb 2019|
|Last date to submission of the application form||28 Feb 2019|
|Last date for clearing deficiencies/uploading of documents||3rd week of Mar 2019|
|Date of downloading of admit card||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Date of examination||21 Apr 2019|
|Display of provisional Answer Key||last week of Apr 2019|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of May 2019|
|Last date for admission of CET Courses||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|Last date of joining for Mop-up round||2nd week of Aug 2019|
|Completion of the admission process||3rd week of Aug 2019|
Check whether you are eligible or not for JKCET 2019
There are some eligibility norms set by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination which has to be fulfilled by the candidate. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir state
- Should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized school or institution with 50% aggregate and in case of a reserved category the aggregate must be 40%.
- Candidates must have passed in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their elective subjects in 10+2.
- Candidates who will appear in 10+2 examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2019.
How to Apply for JKCET 2019?
Here are some instructions to apply for the Common Entrance Test of Jammu and Kashmir. Before applying for the examination candidates must read the eligibility conditions which are mentioned above in this article. Candidates must have a scanned image of his or her photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG/JPG format scanned copies of Marksheet, Permanent Resident Certificate and Reserved Category Certificate saved on the computer while filling the application form. An application fee must be submitted with the application form.
The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1200/- which has to be paid online through “Integrated Payment Gateway” with the help of any national Credit Card/Debit Card/facility. Given below are some points to fill the application form.
- The procedure to fill the application form is online only on the official website of JKCET at www.jakbopee.org.
- Candidate needs to click on the CET Engineering 2019 link a Web Page with various tabs (e-Notification, e-Brochure, e-Instructions, e-Application, e-Application Status and e-Admit Card) will be open. Candidate should click on e-application to fill the application form.
- Register yourself with new registration by filling up the fresh application form, after registration, an application number shall be generated. This should be noted down by the candidate for future use.
- After filling up the application form, log in with application number and date of birth to pay the application fee. Once the payment is done, the candidate needs to enter the personal information(address, phone number, academic details).
- Candidates now have to upload the images photo, signature and left thumb impression as required. The images should be uploaded in jpeg format only.
- Filling all the details that are mentioned above, the candidate should edit and preview the application form and after doing this submit the application form.
- After the submission, a confirmation page will be generated. Take a printout of this page and retain it till the admissions and log out the ID to ensure that your credentials are safe.
Details regarding the Admit Card of JKCET 2019
The candidate will be able to download the admit card once it is made available on the official website of JKCET 2019. Admit cards will be issued to those students only who have submitted the application form along with the application fee. Candidates will download their admit cards from jakbopee.net. The notification for the release of the admit card will be announced on the official website of JKCET, therefore candidates are advised to keep themselves updated with the information available on the official website. The admit card shall contain the information regarding the center, date and time of the examination. Candidates must download the admit card and should paste an attested passport size photograph on the space provided for that purpose. Admit card is the key to enter the examination hall candidates must bring the admit card on the day of examination and should retain it till the admissions. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card.
The CET will be a single paper consisting of three (3) sections of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There will be objective type of questions only. For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded, whereas for every incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deducted. There will be total of 180 questions with 60 questions of each subject that has to be completed by the candidate within 3 hours. Each question will have four series of options namely A, B, C, and D. All the questions will be based on the knowledge and subjects of 10+2 level.
The syllabus of JKCET will include the familiar topics that the candidate had studied before in class 11th and 12th. A detailed structure of syllabus for all the subjects is given in the link mentioned: Check syllabus here.
JKCET 2019 Answer Key
The answer key of JKCET 2019 will be available on the official website of JKCET 2019 at jakbopee.net on the conclusion of the last meeting of the entrance test before the announcement of the result. The answer key will be displayed for three days and thereafter it will be removed from the website. In case of any query or question concerning the answer key, a candidate can make representations supported by the documentary proof or from NCERT books with the payment receipt.
Declaration of Result of JKCET 2019
The result of JKCET 2019 Will be announced in the month of June 2019, candidates will be able to check the results from the official website. It will be available in online mode only. The result will be published in the form of a merit list where the names of the qualified candidates along with their roll numbers, marks obtained and rank will be mentioned. The qualified candidates will be further eligible for the counseling and seat allotment process.
Determination of Merit List
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of inter-se-merit of the candidates for each course singly in the CET 2019. The merit list will be in the descending order for Open Merit Category and for each Reserved Category, separately.
- To qualify the examination candidate must obtain least the minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test as decided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination.
Resolving Ties- In case two or more candidates equal merit in B.E course, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be resolved as:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics in CET.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in CET, if marks in Mathematics are equal.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred if points as per (1) and (2) are equal
The criteria for the reservation that is mentioned below are only applicable to Govt. run colleges and institutions in the state as notified by Jammu and Kashmir Govt. Reservation of seats is as follows:
|Category||Reservation in %age|
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes:-|
|Weak and Underprivileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) (State Subjects only)||03|
|Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) *** (over and above intake capacity)||05|
JKCET 2019 Seat Matrix
Here we mention the Last year seat matrix of the 2nd round of counseling is given below.
Official Website: www.jakbopee.org
For more details of JKCET 2019, candidates can download last year information brochure.
Insofar, only examination and application form schedule for JKCET 2019 has been released. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as BOPEE will release the JKCET 2019, information will be updated here.