JKCET 2020 – BOPEE has released the notification for the extension for submission of deficient documents up to August 31, 2020. The application form is available online at jkbopee.gov.in and jakbopee.org. Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) has postponed the JKCET 2020 Examination until further notice. JKCET is conducted to offer admission in B.Tech and B.E. courses. The exam takes place at the state level and consists of 180 multiple-choice questions. The final admission in the course is done according to the performance of the candidates in JKCET 2020 and their eligibility. Check more information about JKCET 2020 such as application process, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
– JKCET 2020 Admission Notification for B.Arch has been released. Scroll down to check the same.
– JKBOPEE has released the Provisional Merit List of the candidates inviting objection of Common Entrance Test (Engg.) courses. Click here to check the same.
In total, there are 7 colleges in Jammu and Kashmir which grant admission through JKCET. These colleges provide Engineering in 9 specializations. The candidates can check the complete schedule of JKCET 2020 from the table below.
|JKCET 2020||Important Dates|
|Release of Admission Notification||10 Mar 2020|
|Commencement of registration for JKCET 2020||12 Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit JKCET 2020 Application Form|
31 Jul 2020
|Submission of 12th mark sheet for candidates |
whose result has been declared
|Issuance of JKCET 2020 Admit Card|
|JKCET 2020 exam date|
|Display of provisional Answer Key|
|Declaration of JKCET Result|
|Last date for admission of CET Courses|
|Last date of joining for Mop-up round|
|Completion of the admission process|
JKCET 2020 Admission Notification for B.Arch
Click here to check the above Notice.
JKCET 2020 Notice for Extension for Submission of Document
- Click here to download the above notice
JKCET 2020 Application Deadline Extension Notice
As per the notification released on July 15, 2020, the last date to submit the application form has been extended up to July 31, 2020. Check the notice image is given below.
- Click here to download the JKCET 2020 Application deadline extension notice.
JKCET 2020 Examination Postpone Notice
J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination has postponed till further notice. The last date to submit the form has also extended due to the COVID-19 crisis happening around the world.
- Click here to download the JKCET 2020 Examination Postpone Notice.
JKCET 2020 Application Form
JKCET 2020 Application Form is available in online mode at jkbopee.gov.in. Candidates can register themselves by generating a User ID and password and then proceed to fill the application form. In the JKCET 2020 Application Form, the aspirants have to pay the prescribed fee and upload an image of required documents. Candidates can check the steps to fill the form from below.
How to Apply for JKCET 2020?
To apply for JKCET 2020 candidates have to follow the instruction. Given below are some points to fill the application form.
Step 1: Click on the link given above.
Step 2: Register yourself with new registration by filling up the fresh application form, after registration, an application number shall be generated. This should be noted down by the candidate for future use.
Step 3: Log in with application number and date of birth to pay the application fee. Once the payment is done, the candidate needs to enter personal information (address, phone number, academic details).
Step 4: Candidates now have to upload the images photo, signature and left thumb impression as required. The images should be uploaded in jpeg format only.
Step 5: Filling all the details that are mentioned above, the candidate should edit and preview the application form and after doing this submit the application form.
Step 6: After the submission, a confirmation page will be generated. Take a printout of this page and retain it till the admissions and log out the ID to ensure that your credentials are safe.
The application fee that has to be paid by all the candidates is Rs. 1200
Mode of Payment
Applicantion fee can be paid via online mode through “Integrated Payment Gateway” with the help of any Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility norms set by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination which has to be fulfilled by the candidate. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
Nationality: Candidates must be a permanent resident of the J&K or Ladakh.
Age: Candidates must be 17 years old on December 31, 2020. There is no upper age limit for candidates for appearing for JKCET 2020.
- Should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized school or institution with 50% aggregate and in case of a reserved category the aggregate must be 40% (Other than Sports, JKPM
- Candidates must have passed in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their elective subjects in 10+2.
- Candidates who will appear in 10+2 examination in 2020 or those who have appeared, are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2020.
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of JKCET includes the familiar topics that the candidate had studied before in class 11th and Given below is the syllabus for JKCET 2020:
Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of system of particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.
Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principle and process of Isolation of Elements, P-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Nomenclature and Basic concepts in Organic Chemistry,Chemistry of Representative Elements, Hydrocarbons.
Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and three-dimensional Geometry, Linear programming, Probability, Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Number, Linear Equations, Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination & Binomial Theorem, Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions, Matrices and Determinants, Limit, Continuity and Differentiation, traight Lines and Conic Sections,Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry.
A detailed structure of syllabus for all the subjects is given in the link mentioned: Check syllabus here.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern for JKCET 2020:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Duration of Examination: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: Objective questions
- No. of questions: 180 (60 from each section)
- No. of sections: 3
- Maximum Marks: 180
- Correct Answer: +1 will be awarded for each correct answer
- Incorrect answer: -0.25 is deducted for every wrong answer
You can the distribution of marks from the table below:
|Name of Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
How To Prepare for JKCET 2020
The candidates can check the tips below that would help them to crack the examination:
- Plan your preparation strategy as per the syllabus.
- Divide the topics into two halves. In the first half note down the topic in which you are good at and in the second part note down the topics which you need to focus more on. Start your preparation by preparing those topics first which you find difficult.
- Candidates can make a suitable time table for the preparation for the exam.
- Clear your concepts by following NCERT and other preparation books
- Be consistent and try to finish one topic each day
- Practice at least one mock test paper every day to enhance your speed and accuracy level
- Try to remain healthy and sleep for at least 7 hours
List of Important Books for JKCET 2020 Preparation
Here is the list of books candidate can take help from and clear the concepts:
|Class 12 Physics Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 12 Physics Part 2||Click Here|
|Class 12 Chemistry Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 12 Chemistry Part 2||Click Here|
|Class 12 Mathematics Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 12 Mathematics Part 2||Click Here|
|Class 11 Physics Part 1||Click Here|
|Class 11 Physics Part 2||Click here|
|Class 11 Chemistry Part 1||Click here|
|Class 11 Chemistry Part 2||Click here|
The criteria for the reservation that is mentioned below are only applicable to Govt. run colleges and institutions in the state as notified by Jammu and Kashmir Govt. Reservation of seats is as follows:
|Category||Reservation in %age|
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes:-|
|Weak and Underprivileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) (State Subjects only)||03|
|Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) (over and above intake capacity)||05|
JKCET 2020 Seat Matrix
Given below is the seat matrix for JKCET based on the previous year:
- Click here to check check the seat matrix of CET 2019 for 3rd round of counselling for 3RC OPERATIVE for 30 Jul 2019.
- Click here to check check the seat matrix of CET 2019 for 3rd round of counselling for 3RC OPERATIVE for 31 Jul 2019.
- Click here to check check the seat matrix of CET 2019 for 3rd round of counselling for 3rd (Mopup)(Day 1).
- Click Here to check the Seat Matrix for Round 2 (Day 4) 11 Jul 2019.
- Click Here to check the Seat Matrix for Round 2 (Day 3) 10 Jul 2019.
- Click Here to check the Seat Matrix for Round 2 (Day 2) 09 Jul 2019.
- Click Here to check the Seat Matrix for Round 2 (Day 1)
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
The candidate can download the admit card from the official website of JKCET 2020. Admit cards are issued to those students only who have submitted the application form along with the application fee, before the last date. Candidates must download the admit card and should paste a recent passport size photograph on the space provided for that purpose. JKCET 2020 Admit cards are only issued in online mode only. On the day of the exam, a candidate needs to carry any of the valid Photo ID proof in original positively.
JKCET 2020 Exam Centres
The JKCET 2020 exam centers will be in the state of Jammu and Kashmir only. The exam centers will be allotted to the candidates via the JKCET 2020 Admit Card. In addition to that, the centers will not be changed once allotted to the candidates. The exam centers will be open for the candidates who will have a valid admit card.
JKCET 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of JKCET 2020 wil be made available on the official website of JKCET 2020 at jakbopee.net after the exam has been conducted. The answer key will be displayed for three days and thereafter it will be removed from the website. In case of any query or question concerning the answer key, a candidate can make representations supported by the documentary proof or from NCERT books with the payment receipt.
JKCET 2020 Result
The result of JKCET 2020 wil be announced in the month of June. Candidates can check the results from the official website. It will be made available in online mode only. The result will be published in the form of a merit list where the names of the qualified candidates along with their roll numbers, marks obtained and rank will be mentioned. The qualified candidates will be further eligible for the counseling and seat allotment process.
Determination of Merit List
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of inter-se-merit of the candidates for each course singly in the CET 2020 The merit list will be in the descending order for Open Merit Category and for each Reserved Category, separately.
- To qualify the examination candidate must obtain least the minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test as decided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination.
Resolving Ties– In case two or more candidates equal merit in B.E course, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be resolved as:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics in CET.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in CET, if marks in Mathematics are equal.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred if points as per (1) and (2) are equal
JKCET 2020 Counselling Process
Subject to the qualifying benchmark as may be fixed by the board, the allotment of seats shall be made on the basis of first cum preference and reservation rules, as applicable for the course, through a process of counselling maybe online or physical. Subject to the limits fixed by the board, candidates who have qualified the examination and figure in the state merit list shall be eligible to participate in the online counselling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online/offline as may be notified by the Board
Participating Institutes under JKCET 2020
The candidates should indicate clearly multiple choices of disciplines/institutions in the counselling form which they want to join in order of preference. For example, if a candidate indicates his options in the following manner:
- GCET, Jammu.
- MIET, Jammu
- MBS College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu.
- SSM College of Engineering, Srinagar.
- Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu.
- Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu.
Fee Structure of Various Participating Colleges
Below you can find expected fee structure of various institutions which are participating in J&K CET 2020:
|Name of Instituion||Total Fee|
|GCET, Chak Bhalwal, Jammu (For J|
& K Board of school Education)
|GCET, Chak Bhalwal, Jammu (For other than J|
& K Board of school Education)
|GCET, Ganderbal, Kashmir (For J|
& K Board of school Education)
|GCET, Ganderbal, Kashmir (For other than J|
& K Board of school Education)
|MIET, Jammu||Rs. 62,400/-|
|SSM College of Engineering, Srinagar||Rs. 45,000/-|
|MBS College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu||Rs. 48,000/-|
In the year 2002, The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act was passed by the State Legislature and The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations was constituted under the Act. The Board as set up under the Act replaced the Competent Authority Entrance Examinations which was existing earlier. The purpose of constituting an examining body for entrance tests by an Act of the Legislature was to invigorate it, so that it might execute the task of selection of candidates independently, objectively and more efficiently.
JKCET 2020 Admission Notification
JKBOPEE has released the admission notification for Common Entrance Test-2020 for BE and B.Tech courses. The candidates can view the first page of the notification below. Click on the image given below to access the complete admission notification.
Official Website: jakbopee.org
For more details of JKCET 2020, candidates can download JKCET 2019 information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.