JKCET 2018 is Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (CET). The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination conducts the JKCET. Through JKCET, candidate can get admission to Bachelor’s of Engineering (B.E). The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination shall release the application form for JKCET 2018 in the month of February 2018.
JKCET 2018 will be held in the month of May 2018, Candidates who wish to apply for the examination will be able to apply online on the official website of JKCET at www.jakbopee.org The selection of the students will be based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination. A merit list shall be prepared after the declaration of result based on the cutoff list determined by The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination.
Expected Schedule of JKCET 2018
|Availability of Online application form||4th week of March 2018|
|Last date to fill the application form||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||4th week of May 2018|
|Display of final Answer Key||3rd week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of June 2018|
The candidates who will apply for the examination need to read the information brochure carefully before filling the application form for the same.
Check whether you are eligible or not for JKCET 2018
There are some eligibility norms set by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination which has to be fulfilled by the candidate. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir state
- Should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognised school or institution with 50% aggregate and in case of reserved category then 40%v aggregate
- Candidates must have passed in English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their elective subjects in 10+2.
- Candidates who will appear in 10+2 examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2018.
Reservation and Category Codes
The criteria of reservation that is mentioned below is only applicable in Govt. run colleges and institutions in the state as notified by Jammu and Kashmir Govt. Reservation of seats is as follows:
|Open Merit (OM)||06||50|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||07||08|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||08||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||09||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||10||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||11||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes:-|
|Weak and Underprivileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||12||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||13||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||14||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) (State Subjects only)||15||03|
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports (SP)||16||02|
|Children of State Police Personnel and Paramilitary Forces (JKPM)||17||01|
|Tuition fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)||19||05% over and above of sanctioned intake capacity|
Scheme of JKCET 2018
The CET will be a single paper consisting of three (3) sections of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There will be only objective type of questions. For every correct answer one mark will be awarded, whereas for every incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deducted. There will be total 180 questions with 60 questions of each subject that has to be completed by the candidate within 3hours. Each question will have four series of options namely A,B,C and D. All the questions will be based on the knowledge and subjects of 10+2 level.
Syllabus for Common Entrance Test
The syllabus of JKCET will include the familiar topics that the candidate had studied before in class 11th and 12th. A detailed structure of syllabus for all the subjects is given in the link mentioned: Check syllabus here.
Instructions to Apply for JKCET 2018
Here are some instructions to appy for the Common Entrance Test of Jammu and Kashmir. Before applying for the examination candidates must read the eligibility conditions which are mentioned above in this article. Candidates must have a scanned image of his or her photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG/JPG format scanned copies of Marksheet, Permanent Resident Certificate and Reserved Category Certificate saved on the computer while filling the application form. An application fee must be submitted with the application form.
Application fee for all the candidates is expected to be Rs. 800/- which has to be paid online through “Integrated Payment Gateway” with the help of any national Credit Card/Debit Card/facility. Given below are some points to fill the application form.
- The procedure to fill the application form is online only on the official website of JKCET at www.jakbopee.org.
- Candidate need to click on the CET Engineering 2018 link a Web Page with various tabs (e-Notification, e-Brochure, e-Instructions, e-Application, e-Application Status and e-Admit Card) will be open. Candidate should click on e application to fill the application form.
- Register yourself with new registration by filling up the fresh application form, after registration an application number shall be generated. This should be noted down by the candidate for future use.
- After filling up the application form, login with application number and date of birth to pay the application fee. Once the payment is done, candidate need to enter the personal information(address, phone number, academic details).
- Candidates now have to upload the images photo, signature and left thumb impression as required. The images should be uploaded in jpeg format only.
- Filling all the details that are mentioned above, candidate should edit and preview the application form and after doing this submit the application form.
- After the submission, a confirmation page will be generated. Take a printout of this page and retain it till the admissions and logout the ID to ensure that your credentials are safe.
Details regarding the Admit Card of JKCET 2018
The candidate will be able to download the admit card once it is made available on the official website of JKCET 2018. Admit cards will be issued to those students only who have submit the application form along with the application fee. Candidates will download their admit cards from jakbopee.net THe notification for the release of the admit card will be announced on the official website of JKCET, therefore candidates are advised to keep themselves updated with the information available on the official website. The admit card shall contains the information regarding the center, date and time of the examination. Candidates must download the admit card and should paste a attested passport size photograph on the space provided for that purpose. Admit card is the key to enter the examination hall candidates must bring the admit card on the day of examination and should retain it till the admissions. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card.
Determination of Merit List
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of inter-se merit of the candidates for each course singly in the CET 2018. The merit list will be in the descending order for Open Merit Category and for each Reserved Category, separately.
- To qualify the examination candidate must obtain least the minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test as decided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination.
Resolving Ties- In case two or more candidates equal merit in B.E course, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be resolved as:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics in CET.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in CET, if marks in Mathematics are equal.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred if points as per (1) and (2) are equal
JKCET 2018 Answer Key
The answer key of JKCET 2018 will be available on the official website of JKCET 2018 at jakbopee.net on conclusion of last meeting of the entrance test before the announcement of the result. The answer key will be displayed for three days and thereafter it will be removed from the website. In case of any query or question concerning the answer key, candidate can make representations supported by the documentary proof or from NCERT books with the payment receipt.
Declaration of Result of JKCET 2018
The result of JKCET 2018 Will be announced in the month of June 2018, candidates will be able to check the results from the official website. It will be available in online mode only. The result will be published in the form of a merit list where the names of the qualified candidates along with their roll numbers, marks obtained and rank will be mentioned. The qualified candidates will be further eligible for the counselling and seat allotment process.
Insofar, official details of JKCET 2018 have not yet been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as JKCET 2018 information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
If you have any queries regarding JKCET 2018, please ask in comments below.