KEAM 2020 – CEE conducts Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) exam at state level. The entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted on April 20 and 21, 2020. Last date to submit the application form for KEAM 2020 exam has been extended till February 29, 2020. Interested candidates can apply online at cee-kerala.org or cee.kerala.gov.in. It is conducted for 10+2 qualified candidates in UG engineering, agriculture, veterinary, forestry, and pharmacy courses. Architecture and medical admission in the state is done on the basis of NATA and NEET score, respectively. Check more details on KEAM exam, syllabus, exam pattern, application form, etc from this page.
Latest: The last date to submit KEAM 2020 application form has been extended. Apply now.
Ariund 1 lakh candidates appear for the exam. The maximum number of candidate are for engineering stream. Check all the important dates related to KEAM 2020 from the table below:
|KEAM 2020||Important Dates|
|Notice out on||7 Nov 2019|
|Registration starts from||01 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Application form correction window||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Last date to upload documents||29 Feb 2020|
|Issuance of admit card||10 Apr 2020|
|KEAM 2020 exam date||20 – 21 Apr 2020|
|Release of answer keys||few days after the exam|
|Result of Engineering Entrance Examination||25 May 2020|
|Result for Engineering, Architecture, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied and Ayurveda Rank lists||20 Jun 2020|
Latest Information pertaing to KEAM 2020 provided below:
- Click here to check official notification for KEAM 2020
- Notice regarding documents Required for mbbs/bds, pg medical / dental courses for NRI quota seats in English | Malayalam.
- Click here to download Notice regarding KEAM 2020 NEET UG.
- Click here to download Notice for NEET UG.
- Notification for KEAM 2020 Allotment/Admission To Professional Degree Courses Collecting Category Certificates From Revenue Authorities in English | Malayalam.
KEAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below the eligibility for KEAM 2020:
Nationality: Candidates must be Indian. Candidates seeking admission to Professional courses will be categorised as Keralite, NonKeralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- Engineering courses – Candidates must have completed 10+2 with 45% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology
- B.Sc.(Hons.)Agri, B.Sc.(Hons) Foresty, BFSc courses – Candidates must have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- BVSc. & AH Course – The minimum marks required for admission shall be 5% less than that prescribed for general category. For candidates belonging to SC/ST, a minimum pass mark is required.
- B.Sc. Degree holders – Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biotechnology as Main.
- For B.Arch – Candidates have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a subject OR 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics.
- Medical & Allied Courses (For MBBS, BDS, BSMS) – Candidates must have completed 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Biotechnology with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and in separate subjects.
– It is mandatory to have NEET UG 2020 scores to apply for admission to medical courses, agriculture, forestry, veterinary and fisheries courses
– It is mandatory to have NATA 2020 scores to apply for architecture courses.
KEAM 2020 Application Form
CEE releases KEAM application form in online mode at official website, cee.kerala.gov.in. Candidates who fulfilled the eligibility criteria can register themselves for KEAM to obtain login credentials. Using application number and password, candidates have to fill the application form and have to provide their personal, academic and communication details. Those who are applying for reservations in admission have to upload the documents at the time of registration along with photograph and signature. To submit the form, candidates have to pay the application fee as per courses in online or offline mode.
Application Fee: KEAM 2020 application fee is given in the table below:
|Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both||Rs. 700||Rs. 300||Nil|
|Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/both||Rs. 500||Rs. 200||Nil|
|Both (a) and (b)||Rs. 900||Rs. 400||Nil|
|Candidates choosing ‘Dubai’ as Examination Centre||Rs. 12,000 additional||Rs. 12,000 additional|
Mode of application fee payment: There are 2 modes available – E-challan or online. Online payment modes can be any one of these:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
KEAM 2020 Application Form Status
After submission of application form, candidates can check their application status in candidate login. Through application status, candidates can check whether the application form is accepted or rejected. In case if documents are not uploaded in the format, application form leats to get rejected. In such case candidate is given the facility to make correction to completely submit the form.
KEAM 2020 Application Form Correction
CEE provides a facility to make corrections and changes candidate’s form get rejected, in case there is an error in the details or uploaded documents in the form. Through the online window, candidates can makes correction in the documents upload, correction in mobile number, email ID, change in exam centre or addition in courses. Candidates can access the correction window by logging in with application number and password. Once the window is closed no correction and changes can be made in the application form.
KEAM 2020 Exam Date
As per the KEAM 2020 notice, the exam schedule is for engineering entrance exam is as follows:
Physics and Chemistry
|20 Apr 2020||10 am to 12:30 pm|
|21 Apr 2020||10 am to 12:30 pm|
A candidate not appearing in any one of the papers, for engineering admission is disqualified, and are not considered for ranking. In other words, appearance in the two relevant papers: Paper I – Physics & Chemistry and Paper II – Mathematics is compulsory for being considered in the Engineering rank list.
Overview of KEAM 2020
Admission not all courses is based on the KEAM 2020 entrance exam. Here is a segregation of the admission channels in KEAM 2020 for you.
Category 1: Admission via KEAM 2020 entrance exam is only for the engineering courses that are:
– Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) includes all Courses
– B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
– B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology)
– B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
– B.Tech. (Food Technology)
– B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)
– Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
Category 2: Admission via NATA :
– Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
Category 3: Admission via NEET-UG:
– Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
– Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
– Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
– Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
– BSc.(Hons.) Agri.
– BSc.(Hons.) Forestry
– Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
– Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc)
Important: For all the categories described above, the filling of KEAM 2020 application form is mandatory. The admission for category 2 and 3 is via Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) based on NATA and NEET marks. For category 1 the admisison is via CAP too, but based on KEAM 2020 entrance exam scores and 10+2 marks.
KEAM 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can check below the syllabus of KEAM 2020:
KEAM 2020 Mathematics Syllabus – Candidates can check the syllabus of mathematics for KEAM 2020 from below:
- Unit I: Algebra
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction
- Matrices and Determinants
- Linear Inequalities
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Unit II: Trigonometry
- Trigonometric functions and Inverse Trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric functions of multiple and submultiples of numbers
- Conditional identities for the angles of a triangle
- Simple problems
- Unit III: Geometry
- Lines and Family of lines
- Conic sections
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Unit VI: Statistics
- Statistics and probability
- Unit V: Calculus
- Functions, Limits and continuity
- Indefinite Integrals
- Definite Integrals
- Linear Programming
KEAM 2020 Chemistry Syllabus– Candidates can check the syllabus of chemistry for KEAM 2020 from below:
- Unit 1: Basic concepts of Chemistry
- Unit 2: Structure of Atom
- Unit 3: Classification Of Elements And Periodicity In Properties
- Unit 4: Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure
- Unit 5: States Of Matter: Gases, Liquids, And Solids
- Unit 6: Thermodynamics
- Unit 7: Equilibrium
- Unit 8: Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry
- Unit 9: Solutions
- Unit 10: Chemical Kinetics
- Unit 11: Surface Chemistry
- Unit 12: Hydrogen And S- Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Unit 13: P-block Elements
- Unit 14: D And F Block Elements
- Unit 15: Coordination Compounds
- Unit 16: General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements
- Unit 17: Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles And Techniques
- Unit 18: Hydrocarbons
- Unit 19: Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
- Unit 20: Alcohols, Phenols, And Ethers
- Unit 21: Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids
- Unit 22: Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Unit 23: Biomolecules
- Unit 24: Polymers
- Unit 25: Chemistry In Everyday Life
- Unit 26: Environmental Chemistry
KEAM 2020 Physics Syllabus – Candidates can check the syllabus of physics for KEAM 2020 from below:
- Unit I: Physical World And Measurement
- Unit II: Kinematics
- Unit III: Laws of motion
- Unit IV: Work, Energy, and Power
- Unit V: Motion of system of particles & rigid body
- Unit VI: Gravitation
- Unit VII: Properties Of Bulk Matter
- Unit VIII: Thermodynamics
- Unit IX: Behaviour Of Perfect Gas And Kinetic Theory
- Unit X: Oscillations and waves
- Unit XI: Electrostatics
- Unit XII: Current electricity
- Unit XIII: Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Unit XIV: Electromagnetics induction and alternating current
- Unit: XV: Electromagnetic waves
- Unit XVI: Optics
- Unit XVII: Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Unit XVIII: Atomic and Nuclei
- Unit XIX: Electronics Devices
- Unit XX: Communication Systems
Click here to download KEAM 2020 Syllabus.
KEAM 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates will have to give the choices of exam centre in application form. They can choose any centre from mentioned below cities:
- Selected districts in Kerala
- New Delhi
- Dubai (UAE)
KEAM 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of KEAM 2020 is given below:
Type of questions: MCQs
Number of papers: 2 (Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics)
Time: Each Paper 2hr 30 min or 150 minutes
Total number of questions: 120 per paper
Marking scheme: +4 for correct answers and -1 for the wrong ones
The distribution of marks in Paper 1 and 2 is given below:
|Paper||No. of ques||Time|
|Paper I – Physics and Chemistry||120||2.5 hrs|
|Paper II – Mathematics||120||2.5 hrs|
How to Prepare for KEAM 2020
The candidates can check below the preparation tips for KEAM 2020:
Keep a check on your speed: In KEAM 120 questions have to be attempted in 150 mins in each paper. This means you have 1.25 mins per questions in each paper. Thus to complete the entite paper on time you must maintain and practice to achieve speed to 1 min per question speed.
Practice from the previous years’ papers: Make sure to collect s many last years’ question papers and solve them on a daily basis. This helps with familiarising the exam pattern and the type of questions that are asked in the exam.
Analyse the exam and understand the pattern: Pattern here means what is the pattern of questions that are aksed, which topics carry the maximum weightage and what is the repeatation pattern. You can analyze all these and use them for your benefits while preparing for the exam.
Revisions: make sure to complete the entire syllabus once. And also ensure that before the exam you have enough time left to complete the revision of the syllabus once.
KEAM 2020 recommended books for preparation
So as to prepare well the candidates can also refer to the list of books as mentioned beneath.
|16 Years’ Solved Papers: Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|Topic wise Solved papers for Engineering Entrance 2nd Edition||Buy Online|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers JEE Main 2020||Buy Online|
|Chaterwise solved paper CLASS 12th physics chemistry mathematics||Buy Online|
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
The registered candidates get their admit cards online only. The hall ticket or the admit card is made available under the logins of the students. Admit Card will not be sent by post from the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
– What do you need to get the admit card: Application number and password
– Where to download from: Under your respective login from cee.kerala.gov.in.
– How to carry the admit card: take a print of the admit card on a A4 sized paperand carry it on the day of the exam.
With the admit card the students have to also carry anyone government issued photo ID proof, which can be as follows:
- Pan card
- Voter’s Id card
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
Admit card shall have details like:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Exam Date
- Exam Centre Name
- Exam Centre Address
- Reporting Time
KEAM 2020 Answer key
KEAM 2020 answer keys both official ones and the unofficial ones have the correct answers to all the questions that are asked in the exam. If any candidate has any complaint regarding the answer keys, the same should be submitted to the CEE in writing along with supporting documents and a fee of Rs.100/- per question by way of DD in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram, within 5 days from the date of publication of the answer keys on the website of the CEE. There are 2 types of answer keys that is released by CEE. Another one type is also released just after the exam is held by the unofficial sources. This type of answer key is called the unofficial answer key.
|Type||Released when||who releases|
|Unofficial||few hours after the exam||students, experts, coaching centers via various modes|
|Officilal provisional keys||few days after the exam||CEE Kerala in cee.kerala.gov.in|
|Officilal final keys||after challenges have been reviewed on provisional keys||CEE Kerala in cee.kerala.gov.in|
The candidatescan use the answer keys to know their probable score in the exam even before he result is out. The formula that can be used to calculate the marks in KEAM 2020 is:
KEAM 2020 score = 4 X (no. of correct answers) – 1 X (no. of wrong answers)
KEAM 2020 Result
The KEAM 2020 scores are released first under the login of the candidates. The candidates can check their scores using the application number and date of birth. The candidates who are selected as per the scores are required to submit their 10+2 marks next.
The final merit list for admission and counselling is based on KEAM 2020 marks and 10+2 marks both. Thus it is important to submit the 10+2 marks.
Preparation of rank list for admission into Engineering:
It prepared by giving equal weightage to the marks obtained in the KEAM 2020 engineering entrance exam (Paper I and Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology put together in 10+2.
Preparation of rank list for admission into B.Arch:
Rank list for admission to B. Arch Course will be prepared by giving equal weightage to the score obtained in the ‘National Aptitude Test in Architecture’ (NATA) and to the marks/grades obtained in the Qualifying Examination by the candidate (As per guidelines of the Council of Architecture, India).
Marks obtained by the candidate in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) out of 200 will be added to the total marks/grades secured by the candidate in the Qualifying Examination computed out of 200. The Rank list will be prepared based on the total marks obtained out of 400, computed as above ( If grades are awarded to candidates in their Qualifying Examination, it will be converted to equivalent marks for this purpose).
Preparation of rank list for admission into MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BSMS/BUMS, Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry and Fisheries, Ayurveda
Rank list is prepared on the basis of rank obtained in NEET-UG 2020 subject to the Nativity conditions and also subject to the qualifying criteria.
Preparation of rank list for admission into B.Pharm
The rank list for the B.Pharm course is prepared on the basis of index marks calculated as follows:
- Score obtained in Chemistry from the Paper-I is multiplied by 2.25
- Then it is added to the Physics score obtained from the Paper-I.
- The total score obtained is then multiplied by a factor 2/3 to calculate the index mark for ranking the candidates for the B.Pharm course. The maximum index score is 480.
Tie-breaking in KEAM 2020 Merit List preparation
You can check below how is the merit list prepared if 2 or more candidates get equal score:
- First, higher marks obtained in maths is considered in KEAM 2020
- If the tie will still persist then the higher marks in Physic & Chemistry is considered in KEAM 2020
- If there is still a tie, candidate with higher standardized marks in Mathematics of the final year of the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the ranking.
- If the tie still persists, candidate with higher standardized marks in Physics of the final year of the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the ranking
- If there is still a tie, the age of the candidate is taken and the older is placed higher in the ranking.
- Candidate with higher rank in NATA is placed at a higher rank.
- If there is a tie even then, marks of math in the qualifying exam is taken.
- However, if there is still a tie then the older candidate is placed higher in the ranking.
Ayurveda: higher rank in NEET UG 2020
KEAM 2020 Counselling
The candidates who get selected in the merit list of KEAM 2020 have to appear for online KEAM 2020 counselling. The allotment seats in KEAM is done via the centralised allotments process (CAP). Candidates have to first fill the online choices of colleges/ courses. After that, on the basis of the score in entrance exam (KEAM/ NATA/ NEET) and the choices filled, candidates will be allotted seats.
First allottment result will be displayed online. Candidates who have allotted seats have to download their memo, which carry their name, roll number, allotted course and college. Selected candidates will have to reach at the allotted colleges along with documents for verification and admission fees. Same the second round will be held for the other seats and the leftover candidates.
KEAM 2020 Selection Criteria
The candidates will be selected on the various basis after the examination. So as to know more regarding the same the candidates can refer to the information as mentioned below.
- For all Engineering Courses
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit.
- Equal weighting shall be given 50:50 to the candidates.
- The marks of the paper I and paperII will be put together.
- Marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination for Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry will be taken together.
- For B.Arc Program
- The score obtained in NATA will be taken into consideration.
- Marks obtained in the qualifying examination will be considered.
- For MBBS/BDS Programme
- Candidates will need to qualify the NEET-UG 2020.
KEAM 2020 Cutoff
The cutoff marks of KEAM 2020 indicates the opening and closing ranks of the colleges that participate in KEAM. The cutoff for the year 2020 is released at the time of counselling.
Below is the KEAM cutoffs from last year for reference:
Reservation of Seats
Candidates can check the seats reservation from the table below:
|State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
|Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes||10%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
For details regarding reservation, candidate need to check the official information brochure.
Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Kerala
The Commissionerate of Entrance Examinations (CEE) conducts entrance examinations or allotment process for admission to professional courses every year like Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree (KEAM). The allotments are made through a Single Window System of the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). The b ody is reponsible for allotments of seats and conduction of the exam. Also it is responsible to release admit card, answer keys and result of the entrance examination.
Official Website: cee.kerala.gov.in
For more information regarding KEAM 2020, download
- Information Brochure
- Application Form Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Post Offices
- Document Upload Specifications
- Fee Payment Guidelines
- Facilitation Centers
KEAM 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates shall carry a hardcopy of the application form along with the ballpoint pen (either blue or black ink) and a cardboard/clipboard for the Examination.
Ans : On the official website, a candidate has to log in using his/her application number and password. On the submission of these two details, admit card of KEAM 2020 will appear on the screen.
Ans : There is no provision of sending the admit card of KEAM 2020 to candidate’s postal address. It is the sole duty of the candidate to download the admit card from the official website.
Ans : In such case, candidate shall directly contact the conducting body, CEE on immediate basis.
Ans : The memo appears on the screen when there is a defect in the certificates uploaded in the application form. The candidates first have to eradicate that defect and then the admit card will be available for download. Necessary documents for correcting the defects should be sent to CEE office on or before the specified date along with the Printout of Memo sheet.
Ans : No, there is no dress code. However, candidate must make sure that they wear clean, tidy and decent clothes. No accessories and heavy makeup shall be worn by students.
Ans : Candidate must check the admit card to know the reposting time of the exam as admit card have details related to the exam center, exam time, reporting time and so on.
Ans : KEAM official website is www.cee-kerala.org Candidates can apply for KEAM 2020, download the admit card and check the result through the official website itself.
Ans : KEAM abbreviation for Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Exams run by the Government of Kerala.
Ans : Kerala Architecture Engineering Medical Entrance Exam (KEAM) is an entrance exam for admissions only for Engineering & Architecture courses. Admissions to the MBBS course in Kerala Medical Colleges are only through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). However, candidates have to fill the application form of KEAM for admission in medical colleges of Kerala along with the NEET score.
Ans : KEAM was conducted offline (pen and paper mode) till 2019 so it is expected that the same will continue in 2020. In case of any change in the mode of examination, the information will be uploaded here on this page.
Ans : Approximately 1 lakh candidates appeared in the entrance exam last time, out of which 72400ish qualified and were listed in the rank list.
Ans : Submission of application and supporting documents is possible in online mode only.
Ans : Candidate must have Valid Email ID and Mobile Number,Scanned Copy of Photograph and Signature of the Candidate, Birth Certificate, Income Certificate, Community Certificate (if applicable), Reservation Certificate (if applicable).
Ans : For each correct response in the Entrance Examination, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks, and for each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
Ans : The standard or level of the Entrance Examination will be that of Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations.
Ans : Candidates can fill the form online through the official website only. Registration -> Fill the application form ->Pay the application fee ->Upload images and certificates -> Print confirmation page.
Ans : Candidates need not send the printout of the page and supporting documents to the Office of the CEE via post/e-mail/ or in person.
Ans : Candidates can fill the form online through the official website only. There’s no other option available with the candidate in order to fill the KEAM 2020 Application form.
Ans : Candidates shall have a valid email ID, phone number, scanned copy of photograph and signature, birth certificate, income certificate, community certificate, and reservation certificate (if applicable).
Ans : Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or equivalent exam. Scroll up on this page to check the eligibility criteria in detail.
Ans : Using the link ‘Forgot Password’ in the online application, you can reset your password. Application number, DOB, Security Question and answer of it should be provided for resetting the password.
Ans : Important messages and information regarding KEAM will be sent to the provided email-id /mobile numbers. Hence, it is mandatory for the candidates to have an active mobile number and phone number.
Ans : The applicants will have to submit a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in original from the competent authority along with the printout of the application form of KEAM 2020.
Ans : A candidate is allotted with 4 marks in case of any correct answer. For every wrong answer, 01 marks will be deducted. In the end, total marks are calculated and the scorecard is prepared for every candidate.
Ans : CEE publishes the KEAM 2020 result in the form of a scorecard on the official website.
Ans : To check the result, candidate has to log in using his / her application number, password and security code
Ans : KEAM 2020 result has information related to Application number, roll number, name of the candidate, category, marks obtained by the candidate, and qualifying marks for KEAM 2020.
Ans : In the case of a tie, candidate with higher marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Examination will be placed higher in the ranking. If the tie still persists, a candidate with higher marks in Physics of the Physics & Chemistry Paper in the Entrance Examination will be placed higher in the ranking. If there is still a tie, a candidate with higher marks in Mathematics of the final year of the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the ranking. In the case, if the tie still persists, a candidate with higher marks in Physics of the final year of the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the ranking. If there is still a tie, the age of the candidate will be taken into account and the elder will be placed higher in the ranking.
Ans : Rank list or merit list contains the rank of the candidate as per their scores. Only those whose name is there in the rank list are eligible to apply for further admission process.
Ans : Candidates who qualify the exam and whose name is there in the merit list are called for the counselling / seat allotment after the release of the result.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.