Kerala KEAM Counselling 2019 for professional degree courses is commenced from June 13, 2019. Candidates included in the KEAM Rank List for Kerala Medical / Engineering / Architecture courses can register their options on the official website. Preparation of the Kerala state rank lists and the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses will be done by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala. To know about Kerala KEAM Counselling 2019, a candidate can keep reading this article!
Kerala KEAM Counselling 2019
Candidates included in the rank lists prepared and published by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations for Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy courses – 2019 can register their options through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 13-19 June 2019. Candidates who do not register their options within the stipulated time will not be considered for allotment under any circumstances.
The schedule for the first phase of allotment is given below:
|Commencement of online option registration||13 Jun 2019|
|Trial allotment||17 Jun 2019|
|Closing of option registration||19 Jun 2019|
|First allotment||20 Jun 2019|
|Candidates who get allotment shall have to remit the fee shown in the allotment memo at any of the Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala or by way of online payment.||21 to 26 Jul 2019|
KEAM Counselling 2019 Reservation
Mandatory Reservation : Leaving the seats set apart for All India Quota, Government of India Nominees, Special reservation, Persons with Disabilities and Management, the remaining Government seats for each course in Govt./Aided/Kerala Agricultural University/Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University/Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies Colleges will be distributed as per the mandatory reservation principle and as modified from time to time.
The percentage break-up of seats as per mandatory reservation is as follows:
|A||State Merit (SM)||60%|
|B||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
|c||Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|d||Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA)||3%|
|e||Dheevara and related communities (DV)||2%|
|f||Viswakarma and related communities (VK)||2%|
|g||Kusavan and related communities (KN)||1%|
|h||Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
|C||Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes||10%|
|a||Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|b||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
- In the case of Self-financing Engineering Colleges under Government control, 45% of the seats under Management quota will be allotted by the CEE in addition to the 50% Govt. seats.
- In the case of Self-financing Engineering Colleges under CAPE, 35% of the seats under Management quota will be allotted by the CEE in addition to the 60% Govt. seats.
- In the case of Self-financing Engineering College under Centre for Professional and Advanced Studies (University College of Engineering, Muttom, Thodupuzha), 95% of the seats are available for allotment by the CEE as Government seats.
- In the case of Self-financing Engineering College under Calicut University (Calicut University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Tenhipalam, Malappuram), 100% seats are available for allotment by the CEE as Government seats.
- The CEE will allot only 35% of the seats under Management quota in addition to the 50% Govt. seats, in the case of Sree Chithira Thirunal College of Engineering, Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Candidates who seek admission under community/Registered Society/ Registered Trust Quota seat shall have to submit their option on these colleges later. The notification in this regard will be published later.
KEAM 2019 Fees Structure
Fees for the various courses in Govt./Aided Colleges will be as fixed by the Government, from time to time. Fees for the various courses in Self-financing Institutions is given below. The list of Private Self Financing Institutions which offer additional fee concessions is published in the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, www.cee.kerala.gov.in before the commencement of CAP 2019.
** This fee concession benefit will be available to the candidates only after completion of allotment process. Hence candidates should remit the full fee prior to taking admission. Balance fee will be refunded to the candidates eligible for fee concession.
Payment of Fees
The fee for a course allotted to the candidate will have to be paid within the stipulated time by way of Online Payment or through payment at specified branches of State Bank of Travancore (SBT). If a candidate moves to another course in the same stream, the fee for which is higher than the fees applicable for the course allotted earlier, the balance fee will have to be remitted. Candidates getting fresh allotment also will have to remit the fees applicable. The fee so collected from the candidates will be transferred to the college where the candidate stands admitted at the closing of admissions for the year.
Refund of fees: Candidates who cancel their admission by obtaining Transfer Certificate before the dates announced by the CEE for the same are eligible for refund of fees. Excess fees if any collected from candidates will be refunded. The amount of fee/excess fee collected will be refunded to the candidates only after the closing of admission for the year. No interest will be paid to the candidates.
No refund of fees:
- No refund of fees will be made to candidates who apply for Transfer Certificate/ Cancellation of admission under any circumstances, after the last allotment notified by the CEE. They will have to pay Liquidated damages as stipulated.
- The candidate who does not take admission in the last phase of allotment in the respective courses will not be eligible for refund of fees. They will have to pay Liquidated damages as stipulated.
- Click here to check the notification regarding the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).