NEET PG 2020 – NEET PG is conducted every year by NBE to shortlist candidates for admission in MD / MS / post graduate diploma courses. This year, the exam was held on January 05, 2020. Candidates who qualified the exam are now eligible to appear for counselling and seat allocation. MCC conducts NEET PG counselling to fill 50% all India quota seats. The rest of the 50% seats are filled via state level counselling. Check more information on NEET PG 2020 from this page.
Latest: Notice for Extension of date of Resignation has been released. Check it from here.
NEET PG 2020
NEET PG 2020 is a eligibility-cum-ranking examination which is also a single entrance exam in India for PG medical admission. All the college consider NEET PG score and rank for admission. However, only PG admission in AIIMS, PGIMER, JIPMER, NIMHANS, and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology have the authority to hold separate entrance exam for admission. NEET PG is only held once a year and you can check all the important dates for the exam from table below.
|NEET PG 2020||Dates|
|Release date of NEET PG application form||01 Nov 2019|
|Last date to apply online||21 Nov 2019|
|Application form correction dates||03-07 Dec 2019|
|NBE is releasing admit card on||28 Dec 2019|
|Exam date for NEET 2020 is||05 Jan 2020|
|Result announcement date||30 Jan 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
The candidates who qualify the NEET PG 2020 cutoff can apply for the 50% all India quota counselling. To do so the candidates have to register themselves for the online counselling conducted by MCC through their official website mcc.nic.in. All remaining State Quota seats is filled by the respective states. Different States/ private institutions conduct the counselling using their own state government/ designated counselling authority.
Who conducts NEET PG 2020 Counselling?
- NEET PG 2020 counselling for All India 50% quota seats, AFMC and ESI institutions, Medical educational institutions of Central govt is conducted by Directorate General of health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India.
- Counselling for State quota seats is conducted by the State govt or authority designated by the State govt.
NEET PG 2020 Result
The result of NEET PG 2020 has been declared in the pdf format. The scorecard with the individuak marks obtained can be downloaded from the website, nbe.edu.in.
a) NEET PG 2020 Result PDF: The PDF file is declared online and has the ranks, roll numbers and marks out of 1200 of all the candidates who appeared for the exam. The result is not arranged rank wise but roll number wise.
b) NEET PG 2020 scorecard: A few days after the result PDF is out, scorecards of the candidates are issued under the respective logins of the candidates. To download it, candidates have to use their user ID and password. The details given in the scorecard are:
- Score out of 1200
- Total number of Correct Responses
- Total number of Incorrect Responses
- NEET PG 2020 All India Rank
- Cutoff score
NEET PG Cut Off 2020
NBE prepares the merit list of the candidates for 50% all India quota counselling who achieve a minimum cutoff percentile. This percentile is fixed every year for all categories. The same can be checked from the table below.
|Category||Eligibility criteria||Cut off marks|
|UR PwD||45th percentile||342|
Given below are the NEET PG cutoffs / qualifying marks for NEET PG counselling eligibility from the past two years. The candidates can check out these marks to get an idea about how much they need to score in order to be eligible for appearing in the counselling. The marks vary each year and indicates the marks scored by a candidates who get the minimum cutoff percentile.
|Category||cutoff 2019||cutoff 2018||cutoff 2017|
NEET PG 2020 Reservation Policy
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) shall reserve the following percentage of seats for different categories as mentioned below:
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||27%|
Note: There is no reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates in the Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
NBE has issued NEET PG admit card online. To download it, candidates need to access login by entering login id and password. After downloading the admit card, candidates have to generate a print copy of it in an A-4 sheet and paste a photo on it.
Specification for pasting photograph in NEET PG 2020 admit card:
- It should be of min. 35×45 mm and must display 75% face of the candidate.
- Name and date of capture should be mentioned on it.
- The background should be white.
- No reflection, red eye, or shadow in it.
- It has to be printed on at least 600 dpi resolution.
- It should be clear with no kinks, scratches, or stains.
At the exam hall, candidates have to carry the following documents:
- NEET PG 2020 admit card (make sure photo is pasted on it)
- Photocopy of Provisional SMC / Permanent / MCI registration.
- 1 Photo Id proof (original copy)
A valid photo id proof can be –> Voter ID Card / PAN Card / Passport / Aadhaar Card / Driving License
- Passport – Only for foreign nationals
- Original copy of the screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead – Only for Indian / OCI citizen who did UG medical from abroad.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Schedule
NEET PG entrance exam is going to be conducted in a single day in a single session only from 03:30 PM to 07:00 PM. Candidates can check the complete exam day schedule for NEET PG 2020 from the table below.
|Entry inside the exam centre||01:30 PM|
|Biometric registration commences by||01:30 PM|
|Last entry at test center||03:00 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate login||03:15 PM|
|Candidates to log in to read instructions||03:20 PM|
|Exam starts at||03:30 PM|
|Exam ends at||07:00 PM|
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check complete exam pattern of NEET PG 2020 from below:
- Duration: candidates 3 hours and 30 minutes to solve the paper.
- Mode of exam: the exam will be held in computer based mode.
- Language: question paper will only be available in the English language.
- Total Number of question: there will be 300 questions in the exam.
- Type of questions: all the questions will be of multiple choice type.
- Parts in the exam: there are 3 parts in the exam A, B, C.
- Marking scheme: candidate get 4 marks for correct answer and for marking incorrect answer negative marking 1 mark is done.
Candidates can check the distribution of question from the table below.
|Part||Number of questions||Marks|
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
The questions in then exam are asked from subjects areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulation of MCI. You can check topics with the weightage from the table below:
|Part||Subject Topics||No. of QS|
|B||Social and preventive medicine||25|
|C||General Medicine Dermatology and Venereology and Psychiatry||45|
|C||General Surgery, Orthopedics and Anesthesia and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|C||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2020 Preparation Strategy
Preparing for the NEET PG 2020 exam requires a careful and complete study of the MBBS Graduation Syllabus. However a proper strategy can help the candidates score a good rank in the exam:
- Divide the whole syllabus into different sections and assign a specific amount of time to each of them.
- Create a time table in order to ensure the study of all the topics well in time. Include a study time at least 10-12 hours a day for preparation, according to Dr. Madhan R, All India Rank 3 holder of 2018.
- Look at the subject weightage of each topic and give importance to each topic respectively, says Dr. Ashraf Kesarani, last year’s Rank 1 holder of NEET PG.
- Familiarity to the basics of each topic and studying the whole syllabus thoroughly at least twice is very important.
- Keeping a steady schedule is the most important aspect of NEET PG preparation.
- Solve as many MCQs as possible. Since the NEET PG previous year questions are not available for download, the candidates can solve mock tests and MCQs.
- Make Revision a habit go through review books, says Dr. Sricharan V, Rank 2 holder of the last year NEET PG exam. Revise the complete syllabus at least three to four times before the day of the examination.
- According to Dr. Ashraf Kesarani, the candidates who are preparing along with their internships in hand, face a time crunch. The candidates must utilize the time they get for studies focus on class notes, online Question bank and Test series
- The most important step in this whole process is to not lose sight of your goal of qualifying NEET PG and study with due diligence.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay amount of application fee via debit card, credit card, or net banking.
NEET PG is also a mandatory examination for foreign candidates seeking PG medical admission in colleges of India.
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants have to satisfy eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2020. It is mandatory for the all the candidates. The pointers which the candidates need to fulfill are as follows:
- Candidates should possess MBBS Degree or MBBS Provisional Pass Certificate from a recognized institute / college.
- Candidate should have completed one year of internship.
The date for completing the internship is March 31, 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Foreign Medical Graduates
- In NEET PG, foreign candidates can also apply, only if they are Indian Citizen of Overseas Citizen of India.
- These candidates must have finished their Primary Medical Qualification from an institute / college / university outside India.
- Other than these, the candidates must have also passed Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), which is also conducted by NBE.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates under this category, to be registered with MCI / SMC.
- The internship of the candidates should end by the stipulated time duration, that shall be announced soon.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals
Foreign National can give the NEET PG exam without a provisional MCI registration.
A Temporary registration for admission in a PG course will be given only for the duration of the course limited exclusively in the concerned Medical Institute for pursuing postgraduate studies
The National Board of Examination (NBE) is an independent body working under MoHFW (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) set up in the year 1975 by the Government of India. The board was set up to enhance the quality of post graduate medical examination in India. The National Board of Examinations conducts a large number of examinations in the field of medicine ensuring equal and uniform opportunities to medical education candidates in India. Given below is a list of exams conducted by NBE :
- NEET PG
- NEET MDS
- NEET SS
- Centralized Entrance Test for admission to DNB Broad Specialties.
- Centralised Entrance Test for admission to DNB Super Specialties.
- DNB final examinations.
- Screening test for Indian Nationals with foreign medical graduate qualifications (FMGE)
- Fellowship Entrance and Exit examinations.
NEET PG 2020 Information Brochure
Candidates can download information brochure of NEET PG 2020 from below.
NEET PG 2020 Notice
The official notification for NEET PG 2020 is now available and you can check it from below.
Notice for NEET PG 2020 Exam Date
NEET PG 2020 Contact Number:
NEET PG 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The official website is nbe.edu.in
Ans : There is no fixed time boundary to start preparing for the NEET PG exam. NBE conducts the NEET PG exam to test the subject knowledge of the candidate acquired by the candidate during the 4.5 years of MBBS Degree. However the candidates must start studying 8-10 months prior to the NEET PG exam.
Ans : The candidates must prepare a proper schedule before formulating a strategy for the exam. Get to know the syllabus and subject-wise weightage of each topic. Once this is done, get to know your strong and weak points. Focus on clearing the concepts and leave time aside for revision later. However do not forget to solve as many MCQs as possible under each and every topic and give online mock tests. The most important thing is to not lose hope, every mountain can be climbed with patience and due diligence
Ans : NBE does not officially release the NEET PG previous year questions. And the candidates who appear for the test sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which binds them from publishing any content from the question papers through any medium.
Ans : No, NBE strictly specifies the guidelines for eligibility in the information brochure for the NEET PG exam. The candidate will not be considered eligible for the exam if the internship period is not served on or before the dates given in the information brochure.
Ans : The seat Matrix changes each year according to the availability of seats in various institutions. The NEET PG 2020 seat matrix under 50% AIQ will be released once the counselling process starts on the official MCC website.
Ans : There is no limit to number of attempts for appearing in the NEET PG examination. The candidates can appear for the exam as many number of times as they wish.
Ans : No, there is no age limit for appearing in the NEET PG exam.
Ans : The cutoff for NEET PG 2020 exam will be released once the results have been declared. Because the cutoff fluctuates every year due to the number of candidates and the relative performance of all the candidates in the exam, it cannot be anticipated.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.