Telangana State Physical Education Common Entrance Test (TS PECET) is an entrance exam for Physical Education courses such as B.P.Ed. and D.P.Ed is conducted by Mahatma Gandhi University Nalgonda. The exam is for the residents of Telangana State only. The TS PECET 2018 examination date has been declared and the process of application had been started from February 28, 2018. Application forms were available online after that the admit cards was issued to the eligible candidates and those candidates will give the exam. After the examination process, now the results has been declared. The candidates who are willing to apply can check the details related to TS PECET 2018 like Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus from this page below.
TS PECET 2018
TS PECET 2018 examination date has been released. The candidates can apply online through the application link given on Application Form page. The important dates of TS PECET 2018 are as mentioned below:
|Issue of Notification||26 Feb 2018|
|Commencement of Application Form||28 Feb 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form (without late fee)||27 Apr 2018|
|The form can be submitted with late fee of:
30 Apr 2018
|Issuance of admit card for those who submitted their application form without late fee||03 May 2018|
|Last date for submitting application form with late fee||04 May 2018|
|Issuance of admit card for those who submitted their application form with late fee||07 May 2018|
|Commencement of exams||14 May 2018|
The candidate needs to go through all the details related to the TS PECET Examination 2018.
TS PECET 2018 Application Form
The application form of TS PECET 2018 is available online only. The candidates who are willing to apply can check the link provided on the Application Form page, through the Quick links. They can also apply online through the official website pecet.tsche.ac.in. At the time of applying for TS PECET 2018, the candidates need to follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, to avoid the last minute rush, the candidate should submit the application fee to attain the Transaction ID.
- After getting the Transaction ID, the candidate can log in by filling the particulars.
- Now, the candidate should fill personal, educational and more details as given on the application form.
- After filling up the form with the correct details, the candidate needs to submit the form.
Application Fee: The application fee for TS PGECET 2018 is Rs. 800 and the candidates who belong to SC/ST category the amount of fee is only Rs. 400 for them. The candidates can submit the fee through TS Online and Debit/Credit Card.
TS PECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To check the eligibility criteria, the candidate has to read all the instructions given below.
For B.P.Ed and D.P.Ed candidates:
- Candidates should be the citizen of India.
- Candidates should be the resident of the Telangana State only.
For B.P.Ed and D.P.Ed candidates:
- For B.P.Ed (Two Years): For this course, candidates must have completed three years graduation degree, in any specialization from a recognized college in Telangana or any other state. Also, the candidates should be 19 years old, on July 01, 2018.
- For U.G.D.P.Ed (Two Years): For this course, candidates must have completed the Intermediate course, from a recognized institute in Telangana and the candidate should be above 16 years, on July 01, 2018.
The in-service Physical Education Teachers (P.E.T.) and are willing to apply for TS PECET 2018, need not give the entrance exam. They can apply directly to the Director of School Education, Hyderabad through the respective D.E.O.s.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation from the distance education or from any private university, they are not eligible for TS PECET unless joint action committee of UGC and Distance Education Council and AICTE make an announcement for it.
- Candidates who do not fulfill the above-mentioned eligibility criteria or the Candidates with serious ailments, as well as pregnant women are not eligible to apply.
TS PECET Admit Card 2018
The admit card for TS PECET 2018 is issued. The download process of admit card will be done in two-phase. Firstly, the admit card will be issued for those candidates who submitted their application form without the late fee . After that admit card will be issued for those candidates who submitted their application form against late fee . The direct link will be made available here when the official body will start issuing admit card.
Exam Pattern of TS PECET 2018
The entrance examination for B.P.Ed (2 years) and U.G.D.P.Ed (2 years) will be divided into two sections:
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Skill Test in Games
Physical Efficiency Test: Candidates have to appear in the Physical Efficiency Test. The test will include both men and women. The maximum marks for this test would be 400.
|Scheme of Physical Efficiency Test for Male and Female Candidates|
|For Men||For Women||Marks|
|100 meter run||100 meters run||100|
|Putting the shot (6 kg)||Putting the shit (4 Kg)||100|
|800 meter run||400 meters run||100|
|Long/High Jump||Long/High Jump||100|
Candidates can opt any one test in the High jump or Long Jump, changing of the option at the time of test is not allowed.
Skill Test in Games: The maximum marks for this test would be 100. Candidates need to choose a particular game and the candidate would be tested in that game only. Candidates has to choose between the list given below.
- Ball Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Shuttle Badminton, Tennis, Volleyball.
Note: The candidate needs to choose the game at the time of filling up the form. If the candidate does not choose any game or want to change the chosen game, after that it wouldn’t be allowed. And if the candidate chooses more than one game then he/she will not be allowed for the skill test. So the candidate should choose and fill the skill set properly.
Result of TS PECET 2018
The candidates who have secured qualifying marks in TSPECET-2018 and candidates belonging to the category of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, to whom qualifying marks have not been prescribed, will be assigned the ranking in the order of the merit on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained in all tests put together including incentive marks.
If the score of more than one candidate is same, then the following method will be used to break the tie:
- The marks scored in Physical efficiency tests will be taken into consideration.
- In case of further tie, marks scored in Skill Test in games will be taken into consideration.
- In case of further tie, Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered and the older candidates shall be given priority basing on age.
- In case of further tie, the common rank will be given. At the time of admission, it is resolved based on qualifying examination marks.
TS PECET Cutoff
In total the maximum marks will be 500 (400 marks for Physical Test and 100 marks for Skill Test in games) and the candidate needs to qualify the test with minimum 30% of the total marks excluding incentive marks. There would be no minimum qualifying marks for the SC/ST category.
|Paper||Total Marks||Cutoff Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
|PET and ST||500 (400+100)||30%||150|
The counseling process will be web-based. Any specific notification will not be sent to the candidate. The candidate will be able to choose the college according to his/her rank. The candidates are advised to keep all the pieces of information about the college and according to their choice, they can fill the college at the time of counselling. However, if the candidate will not have the correct documents then the seat will not be alloted to him/her.
Important Documents to be carried during counseling.
- Sports Merit Certificates.
- Pass Certificate in any one of the following courses: D.P.Ed / NIS / Yoga / Sports Management / Sports Science / Sports Journalism / Olympic Education / Basic Course in Adventure Sport.
- N.C.C. Certificate (C-Certificate / B-Certificate).
- Documents related to CAP (Children of Armed Persons).
- One set of attested Photostat copies of all the above certificates along with Photostat copy of Hall Ticket.
Note: Xerox copies of Sports Certificates must be attested by the concerned secretary of the association.
Official Website: pecet.tsche.ac.in.
For more details download Information Booklet from here