|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
TS PECET 2017 – Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda, has released the notification for Telangana State (TS) Physical Education Common Entrance Test (PECET) 2017. The entrance examination for admission in B.P.Ed and D.P.Ed courses will be held on May 29, 2017. Eligible candidates have been invited to apply for the entrance examination. The application form of TS PECET can be submitted from April 17 to May 15, 2017. Check more details about TS PECET 2017 from this page.
Latest – TS PECET 2017 Result has been announced, Check it through the link below.
TS PECET 2017 Important Dates
All the important dates of TS PECET 2017 are as mentioned below:
|Application form are available from||April 17, 2017|
|Last date for submitting the application form (without late fee)||May 22, 2017|
|Registered candidates will be able to download the admit card from||May 25, 2017|
|The form can be submitted with late fee of:
|May 25, 2017
May 29, 2017
Jun 01, 2017
|Issuance of admit card against the form submitted by paying late fee||Jun 02, 2017|
|Will be held on||Jun 05, 2017|
TS PECET 2017 Application Form
The application form of TS PECET 2017 are available online only. The candidates can submit it by accessing the link above. To submit the form, candidates will have to follow the steps below:
- Access the link above.
- Submit the application fee to attain the Transaction ID.
- Login by submitting the Transaction ID and other required credentials.
- Fill personal, educational and more details in the application form.
Application Fee – The fee amount for TS PGECET 2017 is Rs. 700. However, for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category the amount of fee is only Rs. 400. The candidates cab submit the amount of fee through the following mediums:
- TS Online/E-Seva/Mee-Seva and Debit/Credit Card
TS PECET Eligibility Criteria 2017
The below mentioned eligibility criteria of TS PECET 2017 has to be fulfilled by the candidates.
Common Eligibility Criteria for B.P.Ed and D.P.Ed candidates:
- Candidates should a citizen of India.
- Candidates should belong to the state of Telangana only.
Specif Eligibility Criteria for B.P.Ed and D.P.Ed candidates:
- For B.P.Ed (Two Years): Candidates must have appeared or passed three years graduation degree, in any specialization from a recognized college in Telangana. Also, the candidates be 19 years old, as on July 01, 2017.
- For U.G.D.P.Ed (Two Years): For this course, the candidate must have passed Intermediate course, from a recognized institute in Telangana and should be above 16 years, as on July 01, 2017.
The in-service Physical Education Teachers (P.E.Ts) seeking admission into B.P.Ed. (Two years) Course or D.P.Ed. (2 Years) Course need not appear for any Entrance Test conducted by TS PECET Convener. They have to apply directly to the Director of School Education, Hyderabad through their respective D.E.O.s through proper channel as per their notification.
Note: Graduates obtained the degree under distance mode from Deemed to be Universities and Private Universities are not eligible unless such programmes have the approval of joint action committee of UGC and Distance Education Council and AICTE.
Who cannot apply for TS PECET 2017:
- Those who do not fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with serious ailments, as well as pregnant women, have been advised not to apply.
TS PECET 2017 Exam Pattern
The entrance examination for B.P.Ed (2 years) and U.G.D.P.Ed (2 years) will be divided intro two sections:
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Skill Test in Games
The scheme of both the sections is as below:
Physical Efficiency Test: will be of 400 marks and both male and female candidates will have to appear for it.
|Scheme of Physical Efficiency Test for Male and Female Candidates|
|For Men||For Women||Marks|
|100 meter run||100 meter run||100|
|Putting the shot (6 kg)||Putting the shit (4 Kg)||100|
|800 meter run||400 meter run||100|
|Long/High Jump||Long/High Jump||100|
Skill Test in Games: This examination will only be of 100 marks, where the assessment of the candidates will be done in any of the following games:
- Ball Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Shuttle Badminton, Tennis, Volleyball.
Note: Candidates will have to state the option choices for both the sections during form filling. If the candidate do not choose any option or if they choose more than one option then they will not be allowed to participate. Change in the option once submitted is also not allowed.
Scrutiny of Original Certificates at the time of Entrance Test
Candidates should produce the following original certificates at the time of entrance test.
- Sports Merit Certificates.
- Pass Certificate in any one of the following courses: D.P.Ed / NIS / Yoga / Sports Management / Sports Science / Sports Journalism / Olympic Education / Basic Course in Adventure Sport.
- N.C.C. Certificate (C-Certificate / B-Certificate).
- Documents related to CAP (Children of Armed Persons).
- One set of attested Photostat copies of all the above certificates along with Photostat copy of Hall Ticket.
Note: Xerox copies of Sports Certificates must be attested by the concerned secretary of the association.
TS PECET- 2017 Qualifying Marks
The minimum qualifying marks for TS PECET 2017 is 30% aggregate of Physical Efficiency Test and Skill Test in Games. Since, the Physical Efficiency Test is for 400 marks and Skill Test is for 100 marks, the aggregate of both, i.e. out of 500 will be150 marks.
|Paper||Total Marks||Cutoff Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
|PET and ST||500 (400+100)||30%||150|
However, it should be noted that there is no minimum qualifying limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
TS PECET 2017 Result
Candidates, who will secure marks more the minimum qualifying cutoff will be allocated merit. The allocation of merit will be done on the basis to the score. The result of TS PECET 2017 will be announced as rank card. It will also withhold the score of the candidates and will be required during the counselling and final admission.
If the score of more than one candidate are same, then the following method will be used to break the tie:
- The marks scored in Physical efficiency tests will be taken into consideration.
- In case of further tie, marks scored in Skill Test in games will be taken into consideration.
- In case of further tie, Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered and the older candidates shall be given priority basing on age.
- In case of further tie, common rank will be given. At the time of admission it is resolved based on qualifying examination marks.
TS PECET 2017 Counselling
Counselling will be conducted through web based counselling process. The date of counselling will be notified later on the official website. Individual call letters will not be sent to the candidates. List of Institutions for allotment of candidates, intake in each course and category in each institution would be announced at the time of counselling. Candidates are requested to visit this page regularly to know latest notification for the dates of counselling and list of helpline centers.
For More Details Regarding TS PECET 2017 – Download Instruction Booklet