TS PGECET 2018 is a Common Entrance Test conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE. The Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET) will be held for admission into Regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy and Planning such as ME / M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy / M.Arch / Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate). The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), is a statutory body of the Government of Telangana, Hyderabad and has announced the exam date and registration for TS PGECET 2018. Interested candidates can apply online for TS PGECET through online mode. Also, the examination will be held in online mode, i.e it will be a computer-based test. Candidates can check complete information regarding the TS PGECET 2018 including its exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, result, etc on the page below.
Latest: Counselling Schedule of TS PGCET 2018 has been released. Candidates can scroll down to check the same.
TS PGECET 2018
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for TS PGECET – 2018 may submit their applications through online mode only. Online submission of application was commenced on March 15, 2018. The related information regarding eligibility, syllabi, instructions, the procedure for online application and the detailed timetable is available on the website.
Schedule for TS PGCET 2018 is given below:
|Date of commencement of online applications||15 Mar 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online applications without late fee||01 May 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online applications With a late fee of Rs 500/-||07 May 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online applications With a late fee of Rs 2000/-||14 May 2018|
|Corrections of Online Application||15 to 20 May 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online applications With a late fee of Rs 5000/-||21 May 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online applications With a late fee of Rs 10000/-||26 May 2018|
|Issuance of PGECET 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket||23 to 27 May 2018|
|TS PGECET 2018 exam date||28 to 31 May 2018|
|Declaration of TS PGECET 2018 Result||14 Jun 2018|
Telangana State PGECET 2018 shall be held in Hyderabad & Warangal regions.
TS PGECET 2018 Counselling
Those candidates who will be shortlisted for Counselling will have to report for it as per the schedule which has been given by TSCHE and also provided below to this paragraph. The University shall conduct web counseling for admission. The selected candidates have to bring relevant documents at the time of Counselling. The candidates will have to exercise options and chose the preferrable Institute and Course. On the basis of the candidate’s performance in GATE, GPAT, TS PGECET 2018, choices are given by the candidate and availability of seat, the candidates will be allotted a seat.
- Click Here to check the Important Instruction regarding to the counselling.
TS PGECET 2018 Answer Key and Response Sheet.
Osmania University, Hyderabad has released the Answer Key & Response sheet of TS PGECET 2018. With the help of TS PGECET 2018 Answer Key, the candidate can cross-check their answer and calculate their probable score. Also, in the link provided below candidates can check the subject wise question key. With the help of this, the candidate can estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance exam, The University, shall also give provision to the candidate to raise objection(s) if there is any in the Answer Key. The objections shall be submitted through online mode only. For further information, aspirants can check the links provided below.
Check Question Paper and Answer Key:
|Subject||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|Instumentation Engineering (EI)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Architecture Planning (AR)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Biomedical Engineering (BM)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Metallurgic Engineering (MT)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Geo Engineering and Geo Informatics (GG)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Pharmacy (PY)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Bio-Technology (BT)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Food Technology (FT)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Aerospace Engineering (AS)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Environmental Management (EM)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Nano-Technology (NT)||Click Here||Click Here|
Eligibility Criteria for TS PGECET 2018
The candidates who wish to apply for TS PGECET 2018 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as given by the Osmania University. The eligibility criteria shall be as follows:
- The candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
- The Candidate should belong to the state of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh.
- The Candidate should satisfy the local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission.
- For admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses, the candidate should have obtained 50% marks in group subjects taken together in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category)
Click Here to check the courses and eligibility criteria in details.
General Information For PG Professional Programs
- The Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad shall issue a separate notification for admission as per the admission policy for PG professional courses.
- Candidates who will qualify GATE shall be given preference for admissions to various PG professional programmes in the Institutions/Colleges of the State of Telangana. If the seats remain vacant, those who have secured ranks in the TS PGECET 2018 as per Merit Order shall then be considered for admission.
TS PGECET 2018 Application Form.
The application form for TS PGECET 2018 is available online at the official website of the exam, pgecet.tsche.ac.in. In the online application form, the applicants need to enter details such as their Name, Date of Birth, Category, Father’s Name, Education Qualification Details, Communication and other details. Also, the applicants shall have to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications. Only after the candidates have given the necessary information they can proceed to make payment of the application fee.
The Registration fee should be paid through payment gateway (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / TS Online / AP Online).
TS PGECET 2018 Hall Ticket
The Hall Ticket for Telangana PGECET 2018 will be available online at the website of the exam. The TS PGECET Hall Ticket 2018 shall be available for download a week or two before the exam. The candidates who will successfully register for the exam will be able to download the admit card. To download the TS PGECET Hall Ticket, applicants have to enter details such as Registration Number and Date of Birth. The applicants should download and take a print out of the TS PGECET 2018 Admit Card to bring it to the exam center. The Admit Card for TS PGECET will consist of Personal Details, as well as, basic information about the exam such as date, timings and its venue. It is advised to applicants to preserve the TSPGECET 2018 Hall Ticket till the admission process is not over.
Exam Pattern for TS PGECET
- Mode of the exam: Computer-based test
- Duration of the exam: 02 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Medium of the Test: English language
- Number of Questions: 120
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 01 marks shall be given.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking for TS PGECET 2018.
TS PGECET 2018 Syllabus.
The syllabus and exam pattern is an important part while preparing for the exam. Since the official notification for PGECET 2018 is not yet announced, the syllabus given below is as per last year’s information. The students can start preparing for the entrance exam as per the syllabus given below:
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Calculus, Numerical methods
- Flight Mechanics – Atmosphere, Airplane Performance, Static Stability, Dynamic Stability
- Space Dynamics
- Aerodynamics – Basic Fluid Mechanics, Airfoils and Wings, Viscous Flows, Compressible Flows, Wind Tunnel Testing, Stress and Strain, Flight Vehicle Structures, Structural Dynamics, Propulsion, Turbo machinery, Aerothermo dynamics of Non-rotating propulsion components.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.
- Chemical Engineering – Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Unit Operations, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Instrumentation and Process Control, Plant Design and Economics, Chemical Technology.
Computer Science & Information Technology
- Engineering Mathematics – Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability
- Computer Science and Information Technology – Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Operating System, Databases, Computer Networks, Software Engineering.
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – Networks, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Communications, Electromagnetics.
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
- Food Chemistry and Nutrition
- Food Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Food Technology
- Food Engineering – Fluid Mechanics
- Food Quality & Standards
- Engineering Mathematics – Same as Food Technology
- Instrumentation Engineering – Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems and Communications, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Control Systems and Process Control, Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation.
- Engineering Mathematics -Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.
- Metallurgical Engineering – Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical Metallurgy, Manufacturing Processes,
- Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Inorganic Pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutics – Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
Architecture and Planning
- City Planning
- Landscape Design
- Computer Aided Design
- Environmental Studies in Building Science
- Visual and Urban Design
- History of Architecture
- Development of Contemporary Architecture
- Building Services
- Building Construction and Management
- Materials and Structural Systems
- Planning Theory
- Techniques of Planning
- Traffic and Transportation Planning
- Infrastructure, Services and Amenities
- Development Administration and Management
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.
- Biotechnology – Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Process Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Characteristics of Animal Cells, Immunology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Bioinformatics.
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Engineering Mechanics.
- Structural Engineering – Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures,
- Geotechnical Engineering & Environmental Engineering – Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering.
- Water Resources Engineering Transportation Engineering – Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics, Hydrology, Irrigation, Water Requirements, Air Pollution, Municipal Solid Wastes, Noise Pollution, Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, Surveying.
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables,Transforms, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.
- Electrical Engineering – Electric Circuits and Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives, Utilization.
- Ecology & Environment
- Environmental Chemistry
- Pollution Control Engineering
- Geospatial Technology
- Elementary Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Surface Hydrology
- Fundamentals of Ground Water Hydrology
Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability and Statistics
- Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics
- Programming in C – Variables, Data Types, Expressions, Control Structures, Arrays, Functions, Pointers, Structures
- Engineering Mathematics – Same as Geo-Engineering & Geo Informatics
- Applied Mechanics and Design – Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Vibrations, Machine Design.
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences – Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Applications
- Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering – Engineering Materials, Metal Casting, Metal Forming, Joining Process, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Metrology and Inspection, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning and Control, Inventory Control, Operations Research.
- Engineering Mechanics & Strength of Material
- Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer
- Elements of Material Science
- Metallurgical Thermodynamics
- Advanced Material Science
Check the complete syllabus with their Paper Code below:
|Paper & Syllabus||Code||Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AS||Environmental Management||EM|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Food Technology||FT|
|BioMedical Engineering||BM||Geo-Engineering Geo-Informatics||GG|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgy Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Nano Technology||NT|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC||–|
TS PGECET 2018 Result
The result for Telangana PGECET 2018 has been published online at the website, pgecet.tsche.ac.in. The candidates can check their result and download the rank card by entering details such as Registration Number, TS PGECET 2018 Hall Ticket Number, Date of Birth, etc. The University will not send any rank card by post. The first preference for admission will be given to those who have qualified GATE/ GPAT. If the seats remain vacant, the qualifiers of TS PGECET 2018 will be considered for admission. The GATE, GPAT, and TS PGECET qualified and eligible candidates will then be eligible to appear for TS PGECET Counselling.
TS PGECET 2018 Cut Off
The minimum qualifying marks which the candidate need to obtain to qualify the entrance exam is termed as Cut off. The candidate who will be appearing for the entrance exam will be declared as qualified only if they obtain a score equal to or more than the cut off marks. The University has not yet released the cut off marks for TS PGECET 2018. However, considering the previous year trends, the candidate shall have to score marks as per the cut off marks given below:
|SC/ST||There shall be no minimum marks|
TS PGECET Participating Institutes 2018
The qualifiers of TS PGECET 2018 shall be given admissions in various engineering PG Courses across five colleges. List of TS PGECET Participating Institutes 2018 has been given below:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Hyderabad
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Palamuru University, Mahabubnagar
Semester Wise Fees Details
Osmania University, Hyderabad has published the semester wise fees details for different universities and courses under TS PGEC / TS PGECET-2018. Fee details are different for the GATE candidates and Candidates belongs to TS PGECET-2018. Candidates can check the semester fees for their courses and colleges that would have been allotted after the counselling from below.
For GATE/GPAT Candidates:
- REG – Regular with AICTE fellowship
- SF – Self Finance with AICTE fellowship
- SNS – Self Finance without AICTE fellowship
1. GATE/GPAT candidates are NOT ELIGIBLE for Reimbursement of Tuition Fee.
2. Pharma D (PB): Candidates are not eligible for AICTE scholarship
For more information candidates can check TS PGECET 2018 Information Booklet.